coyn0839

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coyn0839
Re: Retro Physics

I hope this shirt wins. The retro look is awesome. It's nice to see retro without the, overdone, distressed look.

dwgriffiths411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwgriffiths411
Re: Cool Physics

Theoretical physics is where its at. The dude wearing shades is Jean-Paul Sartre Junior Esquire, theoretical physics expert. He represents the beatnik fraction of unpredictable physical phenomena.

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: 8 bit laser fractals

@sexylittlerobot That sounds good???

@neophool Thank you!

@lexiflexi Thanks! I used to think that pixel art was kind of "simple" but that was before I tried it. My respect for pixel artists has increased exponentially.

malletchelle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages malletchelle
Re: Pulleys

this shirt is soooo much win & awesome!!! GMV, bass! And I hope to see this one over the weekend

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
coyn0839 wrote:I hope this shirt wins. The retro look is awesome. It's nice to see retro without the, overdone, distressed look.

Agreed

Would you kindly...

Kazzjinsky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kazzjinsky
Re: Gravity

Awesome design, very classic. It does remind me of a Target ad because of the relations of the planets to each other, of course Target stole the whole retro-pop-art thing anyways...damn consumerism.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Yourkiddingright wrote:Sorry man, I like this shirt but similar shirts exist.

Your sleuthing is certainly appreciated, but I think were in the clear with this one. All the linked shirts certainly do reference the swallow/coconut portion of the movie, but I think mine takes it a little further.

Thanks to megsck and tgentry for supporting my design!

Naolito

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Naolito
Re: Escaping gravity

Thanks everyone again!

I know that this won't print, but i'm really happy to be closer to the path towards the fog :D

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
dwgriffiths411 wrote:Theoretical physics is where its at. The dude wearing shades is Jean-Paul Sartre Junior Esquire, theoretical physics expert. He represents the beatnik fraction of unpredictable physical phenomena.

Tell me, why do people like you keep posting the same thing over and over when you know it will never print? If you really want this to print, why not just put it on Cafepress? What is your motivation?

themadteaparty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themadteaparty

At first, I really did not like this shirt. But it has come to put a smile on my face. Very cute.

LOLcommunism

DianaSprinkle wrote:Yeah, woot's been rough this pass few days. I'm glad you like the designs I had a lot of fun making them. We only had one persian cat growing up and she was named "Fluffy" by my brother. LOL we were not original.

Nothing loads! WHY GOD WHY

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

artulo wrote:Your sleuthing is certainly appreciated, but I think were in the clear with this one. All the linked shirts certainly do reference the swallow/coconut portion of the movie, but I think mine takes it a little further.

Thanks to megsck and tgentry for supporting my design!

You could say the same about the schrodingers cat that got bizanned this week.

He took it WAAAAY FARTHER than DianaSprinkles's.

Just saying.

Would you kindly...

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
DianaSprinkle wrote:Yeah, woot's been rough this pass few days. I'm glad you like the designs I had a lot of fun making them. We only had one persian cat growing up and she was named "Fluffy" by my brother. LOL we were not original.

haha my cats name was cloud, i guess i wasnt very original either! =)

deedletree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deedletree

Shouldn't there be a slice of buttered toast on the cat's back? I learned in college physics that under this condition, the cat will never land.

venturboy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages venturboy
kelmar13 wrote:Would it be possible to get it as well?

Yeah, I would also like a large-size detail picture, so I can put it as a desktop.

LOLcommunism

deedletree wrote:Shouldn't there be a slice of buttered toast on the cat's back? I learned in college physics that under this condition, the cat will never land.

.....what? XD

Would you kindly...

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: obviously youre dense V2

Pretty sweet coloring on this, it really added a whole new dimension to this. The boat grain is great, as well as the foam in the water, the little dudes. Nice collab guys.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
Azroix wrote:Aww man, got rejected. Though I can't see how this is "too" similar. Barely similar, maybe ... but "too" similar? Guess I'll have to do more research next time.

Dear Woot:

I don't necessarily disagree with your rejection and I understand your reasoning. However, how this shirt is still allowed is beyond me. UNLESS... the aforementioned shirt may/is going to win and your goal is to make money without regard for fairness, art, or logic.

Sincerely,

An extremely disappointed customer, less because of the rejection and more because of a realization I was naively hoping wouldn't come.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jomichar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jomichar
bassanimation wrote:Facebooked to get this a bit more love. It's so nice! Push push push!

Whoa thanks, Bass. Your support is much appreciated! I'm still rooting for your little mice and their pulleys! ;)

Spiritgreen wrote:Really like this! +1

memphisjones wrote:Very well done all around. It's a shame there are not more votes for this...

Thank you, Spirit and Memphis. I never thought I'd win, but I thought I would get a *few* more votes on this one. Maybe most people are as confused as that bird? Or maybe it's just too complicated for a t-shirt. Oh well... I regret nothing!

Anyway, I think next derby I'll try to err on the side of simplicity, just to see where that puts me.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
jomichar wrote:Thank you, Spirit and Memphis. I never thought I'd win, but I thought I would get a *few* more votes on this one. Maybe most people are as confused as that bird? Or maybe it's just too complicated for a t-shirt. Oh well... I regret nothing!

Anyway, I think next derby I'll try to err on the side of simplicity, just to see where that puts me.

I was just saying to my friend, like literally 5 minutes ago, that I really liked this and I don't understand why there's not more love.

I do think maybe showing a bit more on the thumbnail would have helped. This way people can see a part of the joke, and it entices them to click and see the rest . This design has great character and it's obvious you spent a lot of time on it. You should seriously resub it to Threadless or TeeFury later on. :D

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Wormholed!

I thought I had commented on this earlier but then remembered that it didn't go through because the site was wonky. This is a great concept and I like your execution too. The thing that I would suggest is that you remove the segments that are in the dotted line representing the wormhole, I think the idea works without them and I'm not sure why they're segments like that too when a worm hole would be stretching the whole body not breaking it up like that. This may be turning people off visually and even if its not the segments themselves it's probably the fact that you used "bloody" cut off ends. Wooters don't seem to like anything too morbid as I've found out through recent derbies with my cut in half fox ninja and giraffe on fire :S

Other then that good job though. It stinks when you have a good idea and no one seems to appreciate it I've had that happen to lots of designs. Persistence is key

lovemedusa

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lovemedusa

TylerDC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TylerDC
Re: Retro Physics

I don't think the two atom shirts are similar at all, the other one is showing the different elements of the atoms with the positive protons having happy faces, the negative electrons having sad faces and the neutral neutrons having no real expression... where this one is just a retro happy atom.

Decode

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Decode
Re: Phive Phamous Physibots

As a physicist (With no artistic ability) I got really excited when I saw that the derby was going to be physics. I was really hoping for a good shirt that only certain people will get. I think this shirt does that. I had a friend look at it and they got some but not all of the references. Honestly I wouldn't want this shirt any other way.

Only shirt in this derby that really calls out to me.

GMV and hope this gets to the top

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
LOLcommunism wrote:.....what? XD

All buttered toast lands butter side down on the floor. Since a cat always lands feet down, if you strap a piece of buttered toast, butter side up, to the back of a cat, you've created a perpetual motion machine. When you drop the catoast, it will spin in the air indefinitely.

bookworm656

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bookworm656
sasham62 wrote:No, it's really not. Photos aren't allowed as has been mentioned many times. Also, especially with an unaltered photo, it's impossible to separate the image into (at most) six colors without the use of gradients.
And, there's precious little artistic expression involved in pasting a photograph into the Woot shirt template, especially when it's ... questionable ... as to topic.
Finally, if this were allowed, it would almost certainly cater to the masses.

That was a parody.

Woot: I'm in it for the monkeys.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
TylerDC wrote:I don't think the two atom shirts are similar at all, the other one is showing the different elements of the atoms with the positive protons having happy faces, the negative electrons having sad faces and the neutral neutrons having no real expression... where this one is just a retro happy atom.

You can argue either way...but this shirt is far more similar to the one that exists in look and feel than any Schrodinger's Cat entry which got rejected this Derby is to the one that printed in June. It's a consistency thing.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: I lost my sock

Fluffy McStaticpants is floatin' up!

Bandrik

quality posts: 73 Private Messages Bandrik
Re: Cold Fusion

No matter how much I try to make myself aware of what you were -really- were going after, I simply cannot un-see how this strongly reminds me of the Zelda series and how you can trap fairies inside of jars for "use" later.

That, and Navi in particular. I would love to trap her in a jar, then point out to the gaming universe that such creatures would die of asphyxiation. Then I would cackle with glee.

apeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman
Re: The Waves They Are A Changing

The idea is that there is a sinusoidal wave changing into an ocean wave to represent the transition from serious school work on paper to fun at the beach... In other words... waves are everywhere!

skyflier8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skyflier8

Oh man, I don't know if you saw this one. It's another funny rainbow video, same guy. Not quite as long but just as fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0_qWPMFr2w

imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady
Re: Static Electrikitty

Baahahaha, love the title!

imsochady

Re: I lost my sock

It's so FLUFFY!!!

Note: I have not seen the movie, and yet I make the reference.

imsochady

Re: Pulleys

Mwahahaha, brilliant!

imsochady

Re: Phive Phamous Physibots

Hah, breakdancin' wheel chair robot!

imsochady

Re: Mass X Acceleration

Hahahah, your designs are always a blast to see!

imsochady

Re: a simple question of weight ratios (v2)

All you need is a friend to get things done! Neat design!

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Kazzjinsky wrote:Awesome design, very classic. It does remind me of a Target ad because of the relations of the planets to each other, of course Target stole the whole retro-pop-art thing anyways...damn consumerism.

Well said!

teeidea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teeidea
cosmiccow wrote:Haha, I like this. I don't usually go for cutesy designs, but this one's really interesting.

Enough of cutesy designs... let's give it a break people!

bl4ckl4beled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bl4ckl4beled
Re: The Legend of Sisyphus

people on woot like voting for shirts that a 13 year old would wear. bright colors, animals, childish concepts (a hula hooping sun)

this is a shirt someone older then 13 can wear, look cool, and not look like a child. you could wear this shirt to a bar or out on the town. unlike most shirts on woot which restrict you to your basement/friends basement. GMV