Azroix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azroix

It'd be awesome if the last frame of the animation (instead of the cat landing on it's feet) was a pool of water. ... or a pie.

This shirt cracks me up so much.

But yeah, the cream color doesn't bother me, as I generally wear earth tones, but I can see how it isn't the most appealing of colors.

Good luck to your designs in the future!

kuhan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuhan
apeman wrote:The idea is that there is a sinusoidal wave changing into an ocean wave to represent the transition from serious school work on paper to fun at the beach... In other words... waves are everywhere!

This is totally awesome. I would totally love to wear this shirt to physics or math class. Definitely voted for this shirt.

cryptarius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cryptarius
Re: The Solar System

I think I've seen this before, and Blizzard might not be too happy...

Also this

Just a thought...

cryptarius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cryptarius
Re: Static Electrikitty

I WANT THIS.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Classic Monkey and Hunter... Problem.

Your art style is so excellent. I wish that you had used the gorilla as the thumbnail though. Your animal rendition here is truly cool and your style is so unique.I cast my vote!!!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

willysecret23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willysecret23

Nice black hole.

DarkDrag0n

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DarkDrag0n

If this was by Ramy, which it very well could be, this thread would be 20 times longer with 30 times the number of idi0ts.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: The Legend of Sisyphus

Coming back to this because I like it so much. Hope you do more in this style, MJ.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Kelsium wrote:I think it would be cool if the moon were wearing trunks.

Then it wouldn't be a full moon.

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
LOLcommunism wrote:I totally agree with this.

I really can't see myself wearing a shiny orb, in a jar, in the middle of my shirt.

IT IIIIS very well drawn though, I will admit this is a very skillful, well done, high level drawing. I just feel it doesn't belong on a shirt.

My opinion

I second that, to the word.

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

sealag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sealag
snachreiner wrote:OK I hope this is the right link.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=44620

Ummm...No. Not for me at least...just get a new blank page.

All who wander are not lost.

bbbrob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbbrob
bevo22 wrote:I know that some of us nerds need smart Ts so that we can feel superior to people who don't understand math and science. I work in IT. In college, I took upper level physics classes. You shouldn't have to explain the t-shirt to me.

That's wonderful. However, there are some people who don't waste their time memorizing the Standard Model, and would need an explanation. Nerd standards (and I've got nothing against nerds) don't apply to everyone.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Darquis wrote:You can argue either way...but this shirt is far more similar to the one that exists in look and feel than any Schrodinger's Cat entry which got rejected this Derby is to the one that printed in June. It's a consistency thing.

I see what your saying, but Shrodinger's cat is a specific cat. An atom is a general thing. If mine got rejected because of the other atom shirt, it would be like rejecting "Physics of a falling cat" because there has already been a cat shirt printed. That's just my opinion, but I think it holds water.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
pollenator77 wrote:Need a larger version! Also, you gotta get really lucky that there's a monster eating the cookies at the same time as the candle flame finally burns through the rope. And who lights the candle? Neat design though, as always.

If Sesame Street taught me anything, it's that monsters love chocolate chip cookies. If you leave them on your room at night, I'm almost positive that a monster would immediately approach them and continue eating them until the last crumb were consumed. So really, that's a pretty big window within which the trap can get set off;)

But overall, I think the point of Rube Goldberg machines is to be illogical, overcomplicated and ridiculous so if I achieved that then I reached my goal

bluetuba wrote:I really like this! I love the horn to chicken to falling egg part the best, lol

That's my favorite part too! All good Rube Goldberg machines should have a chicken forced to lay an egg on cue.

Thanks for the comments everyone!!

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism

This shirt rocks!

ALGEBRAIC

Would you kindly...

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
megsck wrote:im not trying to start anything with you adder, i just wanted to say i think the person said POSITIVE CRITICISM which is still criticism, just said in a nice helpful way so that the artist would be more apt to listen to it. If you berate the artist and tell them that their shirt "sucks" im pretty positive that they won't be taking any advice you give. Positive criticism still mentions the stuff the artist needs to work on, they just do it in a polite respectful manner. so there is no real benifit to being negative. the only difference between negative and positive criticism is that you are mean while saying one and nice while saying the other. and you are far more likely to catch flys with honey than with vinegar.

I guess not everyone's this way... but as an artist, I love negative criticism. I'm strong enough to handle it when someone tells me something in a negative way. It's very helpful. I don't want people side-stepping to try to avoid hurting my feelings. If I was that fragile, I wouldn't try to show people my work. I'd just hang my art on my refrigerator and ask my mother what she thinks.

LOLcommunism

Azroix wrote:It'd be awesome if the last frame of the animation (instead of the cat landing on it's feet) was a pool of water. ... or a pie.

This shirt cracks me up so much.

But yeah, the cream color doesn't bother me, as I generally wear earth tones, but I can see how it isn't the most appealing of colors.

Good luck to your designs in the future!

Thank you for the critique!
And yeah, I usually forget about the color if the design is good enough. What I really hate are BLACK SHIRTS, GUH. I'm so sick of em.

But I'm glad I could give you a larf! <3

Good luck with your designs as well, myfriend.

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

Re: Splitting Atoms

Nice perspectiiive <3

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

I feel like this design is very wearable!

Nice job.

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

...I don't understand why this doesn't have more votes... ):

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

skyflier8 wrote:Oh man, I don't know if you saw this one. It's another funny rainbow video, same guy. Not quite as long but just as fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0_qWPMFr2w

LOLLLOL

Amazing, at least he didn't cry this time.

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

BootsBoots wrote:I guess not everyone's this way... but as an artist, I love negative criticism. I'm strong enough to handle it when someone tells me something in a negative way. It's very helpful. I don't want people side-stepping to try to avoid hurting my feelings. If I was that fragile, I wouldn't try to show people my work. I'd just hang my art on my refrigerator and ask my mother what she thinks.

HAAAAAAAAI BOOOOTS

And criticism, positive or engative, is the best tool to improving your designs! :D

Would you kindly...

robleab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robleab
Re: Breath Of Life

This is a very cool shirt. This is a definitely a winner.

akumaokami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akumaokami
Squanderdalfast wrote:I fear there are too many colors and I doubt you want it to be framed in a black box. Those quibbles aside, I'd like to see an explanation.

First, I would like to thank you for your criticism, it is very helpful to me. This has six colours in it (white, black, red, green, blue and skin tone), it's just that since this is my first time entering something into the derby, I had no clue about the print-ready file until I was about to submit it and by separating the colours, it sort of screwed up the flow and definition of them. I also forgot to get rid of the black box in the design.
Once again this is my first entry ever, so of you have any advise for me, I would more than thankful.

shadowox8

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shadowox8
Re: Diving With Photons!

This is quite lovely.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
cryptarius wrote:I think I've seen this before, and Blizzard might not be too happy...

Also this

Just a thought...

Neither of those is really close enough to the design here for anyone to cause a fuss. Plus it isn't as though Blizzard has the exclusive rights to designs featuring 8 limbed aquatic creatures.

LOLcommunism

I figured this one would be doing better!

Snails are the cayoootest!

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

Darquis wrote:Neither of those is really close enough to the design here for anyone to cause a fuss. Plus it isn't as though Blizzard has the exclusive rights to designs featuring 8 limbed aquatic creatures.

Agreed, it isn't that close at all. Plus, its not on a shirt, plus they're not carrying planets or anything.

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

I figured this shirt would be a shoe-in for the fog...

Would you kindly...

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
LOLcommunism wrote:I think this should be in the fog

Just sayin

Thank you for the vote of confidence

LOLcommunism

SeedUvPain wrote:Thank you for the vote of confidence

Youre Welcome! It seems everything I think shoulda been in the fog, never was. ):

I like the Retro Atom one a lot though.

Would you kindly...

kyleeck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyleeck
Re: Speedometer of Light

Very cute. Needs a blue gear as reverse :p

shadowox8

Re: The Black Hole

Om nom nom nom nom...

shadowox8

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
BootsBoots wrote:I guess not everyone's this way... but as an artist, I love negative criticism. I'm strong enough to handle it when someone tells me something in a negative way. It's very helpful. I don't want people side-stepping to try to avoid hurting my feelings. If I was that fragile, I wouldn't try to show people my work. I'd just hang my art on my refrigerator and ask my mother what she thinks.

please, im not saying that you have to be coddled but im sure, "your design is a bit boring, maybe trying this, or that. also i dont think your colors work maybe try this or that." is better than, "your t-shirt sucks! i wouldn't wear that in a million years! also you are a talentless hack who only draws easy things, try something harder why dont you!"

so if you prefer someone insulting you rather than giving you straight forward respectful criticism, than yay for you, most people including me, as an artist, would prefer it the other way.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
LOLcommunism wrote:HAAAAAAAAI BOOOOTS

And criticism, positive or engative, is the best tool to improving your designs! :D

I'm gonna say I don't care if it's positive or negative criticism, as long as it's constructive. Saying you don't like a design is not constructive it's an opinion. If someone really has a problem with a piece explain why, and then offer suggestions on how to make it better. Also I'm inclined not to listen to the opinion of some who state something doesn't work on a shirt when they've submitted the same three clouds in the last five derbies Just sayin'

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

The last time there were this many shirts in the fog I liked, 3 of the 4 I had no interest in printed.

Why do I think the same thing's gonna happen again..

sdkammer

quality posts: 30 Private Messages sdkammer
loveengrey wrote:This post has my approval. A lot of my friends (aged early 20's) see the DVD of Holy Grail at my house and they're like, "What the heck is this?". Seriously, if you haven't seen it, go watch it and be open minded about the humor.

Oh and walmazan doing a Three Amigo's tee would brighten my day so much. His style would fit it so perfectly.

Ummm...I was just quoting a meme for humor...thought that one was popular enough. I'm old enough to have watched Holy Grail on PBS with a B&W TV in my room when I was a kid.

This shirt GMV and I will stay up until Midnight Friday morning to get one.

LOLcommunism

tjost wrote:I'm gonna say I don't care if it's positive or negative criticism, as long as it's constructive. Saying you don't like a design is not constructive it's an opinion. If someone really has a problem with a piece explain why, and then offer suggestions on how to make it better. Also I'm inclined not to listen to the opinion of some who state something doesn't work on a shirt when they've submitted the same three clouds in the last five derbies Just sayin'

I submitted 5 different submissions this derby! Mind you! )< And I apologized for the clouds already. Also, I complimented this shirt, and stated my opinion. Thanks for the sass though.

Would you kindly...

MaliceKaiser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceKaiser
tjost wrote:I'm gonna say I don't care if it's positive or negative criticism, as long as it's constructive. Saying you don't like a design is not constructive it's an opinion. If someone really has a problem with a piece explain why, and then offer suggestions on how to make it better. Also I'm inclined not to listen to the opinion of some who state something doesn't work on a shirt when they've submitted the same three clouds in the last five derbies Just sayin'

So much for practicing what you preach, huh? Just sayin'.