trafalgarlaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trafalgarlaw
Re: a simple question of weight ratios

I'm afraid someone's going to mistake it for a bowling ball and I'm going to have to hurt them.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: obviously youre dense

Hahaha! so cool! I love it!

AcorNayho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AcorNayho
Re: Gravity Well

This is quite clever. I really like how you pulled this off.

missile225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missile225

Honestly I think it looks more like a bowling ball, but good reference.

cosmiccow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosmiccow
LOLcommunism wrote:I don't think it should matter. I mean, there are turtle, bunny, penguin, kitty, and stuff like that in the reckoning all the time :/

His shirt is retro and unique, and I feel its conveying a different message than the atom shirt in the reckoning.

With the one in the reckoning I feel a OOOO~ CUTE KAWAAIII feel.

With this I feel, HECK YES! RETRO ATOMS.

I see the SIMILARITY, but I don't think they're SIMILAR enough for this to get rejected.

My opinion anyway.

Yeah. I think that to say this is a ripoff of Ramy's theft of deviant art printed in shirt form (http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4053486) is unfair. It's a significantly different design. Designers on woot throw smiles on everything.

missile225

Cool concept. I'm not really too nuts on the edges though.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Static Electrikitty
Johndis5 wrote:I love the expression on the cat's face. It is exactly the same expression my cat would get when introduced to a static charged balloon. HA!

Thanks Johndis5! Hehe awesome! Not that you do that to your poor cat right?;D

spilzer wrote:I was actually thinking about doing something with cats, balloons and static electricity for the Kawaii!!! derby. I think this is much better than anything I would have come up with. I agree that the cat's expression is just perfect.

Good job, Jasneko!

I'm sure yours would have been neat! So glad people are liking the expression. Thanks spilzer!!

cosmiccow wrote:I like the idea, but it kinda comes off as a cat wearing a heavy balloon shaped backpack more than a balloon that's stuck from static electricity.

Glad you like the idea. Hmm maybe watching these videos will help get you in the right frame of mind to look at it;) one more.

jel2301 wrote:When I look at it all I can think about is the cat thinking what ThunderThighs suggested as the title: "I will kill you in your sleep", which makes this all the funnier.

Nice job, jasneko.

Haha, that WAS a great title too (thanks Thunderthighs!). hehe.
Thanks jel2301!

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Its A Rabbit!

This is biology, not physics

missile225

Definitely a good wearable shirt.

missile225

That's pretty cool.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: The Physics of Crossing the Road

Thanks for the comments guys. I have about a thousand ideas for this derby and a new computer that actually completes simple operations in seconds rather than minutes like my old machine. I had a lot of fun doing this one, and with no headaches to show for it.

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07

Very happy you went with the kelly green :D. It looks excellent! +1

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
cosmiccow wrote:Yeah. I think that to say this is a ripoff of Ramy's theft of deviant art printed in shirt form (http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4053486) is unfair. It's a significantly different design. Designers on woot throw smiles on everything.

Before you start putting words in other people's mouths, you should probably read. I made it clear that I was not accusing the designer of ripping anyone off at all. I just think that this is poorly timed and that it is too similar to a shirt that is also currently being sold. Read this before you respond this time.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: The Black Hole

The black hole looks like another planet.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Defying Gravity - Prehistoric

What color shirt do you want to use? If it is asphalt, like the background, the shirt template needs to show that. (Right now it looks lighter than that.) If it is heather gray, you need to use the special heather template and change your thumbnail.

cosmiccow

capedcrusader514 wrote:Definitely diid this just for this derby. This is the exact setup as the problem the "monkey" has fallen from the tree and been shot. The rest is implied. Almost all the other entries in the derby have some sort of implied element as we can't have equations or txt.

Actually, in the physics problem, it's as it's falling, in midair.

cosmiccow

kylemittskus wrote:Before you start putting words in other people's mouths, you should probably read. I made it clear that I was not accusing the designer of ripping anyone off at all. I just think that this is poorly timed and that it is too similar to a shirt that is also currently being sold. Read this before you respond this time.

No reason to be snarky about it. i just said it was unfair to say they were all that similar. They're fundamentally different designs.

misrymonky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages misrymonky

Love the final design! GMV

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: peer pwethure

Theriously, thelp.

cosmiccow

mjc613 wrote:This is biology, not physics

It's barely even a design. It's a pasted in photograph.

SpazX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpazX
Re: a simple question of weight ratios

It does look a lot like a bowling ball, but I guess that's just because coconuts resemble bowling balls.

I don't care, this one better print.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: Testing the twin paradox

Here's wikipedia's explanation of the twin paradox:

Twin Paradox

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
cosmiccow wrote:Actually, in the physics problem, it's as it's falling, in midair.

Very good, but I'm assuming the monkey landed at some point...

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Frontier Physics

Practical physics for lawmen (and women). Not preferable, but handy when you don't have a clear shot. ^__^

Here's a detail:

Thanks for looking! This shirt is six colors on brown. You can see a BIG VERSION here. Please vote if you like this design.

---Spiritgreen

ruf1o

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ruf1o
Re: Its A Rabbit!

i'd wear it

Let's go Duke!

HOYA309

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HOYA309
Re: Escaping gravity

This is Great - love the shading & halftones

tcdc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcdc
Re: Gravity is FUN! But also hurts ):

Like the skydiver, hate the clouds. Sorry.

misrymonky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages misrymonky
Re: The Force of Attraction

And another awesome Walmazan! GMV

Love how much the fridge "loves" that the magnet is coming her way! LMAO

missile225

Yeah you see a bunny is the younger version of a rabbit, just like child is the younger version of person. As this is an adult rabbit, it is therefore not a bunny. : P

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

I can dig it. +1

missile225

Great design. I look forward to seeing some of your other stuff. GMV. : )

cosmiccow

capedcrusader514 wrote:Very good, but I'm assuming the monkey landed at some point...

From our good friend Wikipedia: "In essence, the problem is as follows: A hunter with a blowgun goes out in the woods to hunt for monkeys and sees one hanging in a tree, at the same level as the hunter's head. The monkey, we suppose, releases its grip the instant the hunter fires his blowgun. Where should the hunter aim and when should he fire in order to hit the monkey?"

Yes, of course the monkey hits the ground eventually. But at that point, we are no longer talking about the physics problem, we're talking about a dead monkey going splat. I'm currently in school for Aerospace Engineering, and nothing about your design makes me think of the classic thought experiment. The "hunter" doesn't have a gun, so he just seems like a slackjawed old dude in stereotypical safari gear who walked up on a gorilla (which is not a monkey, by the way) who happens to have a random dark sticking out of it. NOTHING about this embodies the idea of taking a shot at a monkey the instant that it lets go of the tree, which is what the problem is about. Nothing about it seems to embody physics at all, which is what the theme is about. Maybe it embodies awe and horror, but not physics.

Spiritgreen

Re: The Physics of Crossing the Road

This may not end well... but it's good to see him try a better way. Armadillo is the saddest of all the roadkill.

Brilliant design! GMV. ^_^

Spiritgreen

Re: The Force of Attraction

Loooove it. You always make my Friday, walmazan. ^__^

Spiritgreen

Re: The Black Hole

Nice! Great coloring, especially.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: obviously youre dense

This one made me LOL! Funny idea.

Spiritgreen

Re: COWABUNGA

Nice! The coloring is very original but summery at the same time, and I wouldn't have thought to go with a dark shirt but it totally suits it.

+1 :^)

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: Frontier Physics

Great job as usual! I love the way you draw.

Spiritgreen

Simple, funny, original. Awesome job, jasneko.

Based on my own past experiments, this pose would last approximately 37 microseconds before the balloon was either burst or dislodged by running around. :^)

Spiritgreen

Re: Gravity

It sure is! Minimalist and really good, fabiofranca.