mab299108

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mab299108
Re: The Waves They Are A Changing

Good colors, like the impressionist quality of the wave. I also think it would be cool if you were at least a little inspired buy the last derby:

VOTE

eerunner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eerunner
Re: Cold Fusion

I like the simple design of this one, only draw back though is I feel that this along with some other design on shirts I have ordered are to large. Almost as if the image is a bit over powering and taking up to much of the shirt. If you scaled it back to 75% or maybe 50% size I'd be all for it.

zosai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai

@LOLcommunism: Yeah, I just had to respond. Thanks.

@Usedtabe: Thanks, I was sure hoping I'd stay in too, but I’m confident there will be great shirts printed.

@TigerGoat: Thanks for your vote and your defense!

@Darquis: Thanks, and yeah, TigerGoat probably overstated the case a bit, but the point stands. Yours does too, though.

@shadowox8: Thanks a lot!

@sharkswithlasers349: Thanks for your vote and impassioned plea! I'm holding out a small amount of hope for an inclusion in the next double-take derby...

@jerudel: Thank you!

@Neophool: Thanks for the sentiment.

everybody else: I appreciate all the votes I've gotten this week. It's been great!

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
archy66 wrote:Love this shirt. I really hope it manages to get into top 3.

Thank you so much, it means a lot that people are starting to like my shirts. :3

Wishful thinking though, I'd have to get like 200 votes somehow. LOL in like 1 day ; 3;

Itd be a miracle. Maybe I'll get honorable mention, who knows. ; 3;

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

I really wish this shirt woulda done better.

I woulda really liked to wear it above all my other ones. ; -;

Better luck next time I guess.

Would you kindly...

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Pulleys

I wanted to tell everyone thank you once again for your wonderful support of the Pulley Mice! I think they'll manage to 'squeak' in at 9th or 8th place, which is WAY better than I ever thought they'd do! Thanks so much, y'all. It was a fun derby to see, with lots of cool entries.

And now, one last dorky picture of one of my horde, for fellow rodent lovers. :3

"Rainy sez Bye-byeeee!"

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
eerunner wrote:I like the simple design of this one, only draw back though is I feel that this along with some other design on shirts I have ordered are to large. Almost as if the image is a bit over powering and taking up to much of the shirt. If you scaled it back to 75% or maybe 50% size I'd be all for it.

no offense, but believe me when i say you are in the minority here. many more people complain about designs being to small, very rare for too big.

personally i think this one struck a nice balance. too small and its hard to tell what it is, too large and it'd look wonky.

Happy Beer.

bassanimation

eerunner wrote:I like the simple design of this one, only draw back though is I feel that this along with some other design on shirts I have ordered are to large. Almost as if the image is a bit over powering and taking up to much of the shirt. If you scaled it back to 75% or maybe 50% size I'd be all for it.

Shirt placement has always been a tricky one for me. I also like smaller prints, but in the past I have had people to tell me to scale my designs up because they wanted them bigger. Sorry it's not to your liking this go round. Sometimes Woot also does placement on their own. It's tough to tell how the final will come out ^^.

LOLcommunism

Thanks everyone for voting for my falling cat shirt.

I promise I won't make this creamy mistake again. I wasn't aware people dislike cream as much as I do. ):

Maybe I shoulda done cranberry.. *shrugs*

Anyway, Thank you so much! I will stop with the clouds and try other things.

Unless... the next derby is clouds. XD

Would you kindly...

bassanimation

Re: The Evil Twin

Glad to see this getting some last minute attention! I really liked this, and has that great Seed illustration :D. Such great character! Also...I had one of those magnetic make-a-mustache things when I Was a kid. I broke it and the little metal flecks went -everywhere- and I got yelled at. ^^;

Had my vote from the get go!

phrozt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phrozt
42Wired wrote:Let me know, too. I love this design.

Damn.. too bad this one got canned.. what a fantastic idea.

k0yaanisqatsi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages k0yaanisqatsi
Re: Orbital Hoopla

sorry my vote for another shirt made this drop out of the fog. I'll go fix that and vote for this one too.

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak

Absolutely the best one of the bunch! And I'm not just sayin' that because I'm a huge Telsa fan (the eccentric physicist, not the car - but the car is cool too).

blakebrinkley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blakebrinkley

I can't figure out how to vote!

IggySorcha

quality posts: 6 Private Messages IggySorcha

I just wished this were placed a little off center. I feel like if this were in the upper right corner it'd look a lot better.

bassanimation

Awww man. I was hoping to be able to purchase this one... -sad panda face- ;_;

apeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman
Re: The Waves They Are A Changing

Thanks everyone for all the votes in such a short amount of time. I honestly never considered how this shirt would look on a woman and I was definitely not aiming at a possible awkward alignment. See everyone in the next derby!

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
LOLcommunism wrote:You could say the same about the schrodingers cat that got bizanned this week.

He took it WAAAAY FARTHER than DianaSprinkles's.

Just saying.

i agree if that one got rejected then this one should too.

Elfeyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elfeyes

Great job Bass! GMV, I hope this shirt wins! I would buy one in a heartbeat.

~

Elfeyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elfeyes

And really, one of the best designs I've seen on Woot in a while....

~

dwgriffiths411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwgriffiths411
lunadust12 wrote:you are posting the same thing over and over. its still the same photo used you are being rejected for.

It's not a photo, it's an interpretation of an
image done in a graphic/vector style. It's not
rejected. Thank you for your criticism.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Nuclear Fusion-HA!

why hasn't this made it deep into the fog??? this should win!!!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Mass X Acceleration

Thanks walmazan, so are you!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Static Electrikitty

@mjc613 - Thanks, glad you like the color combination and find the cat's face perfect!
As to the rest,I hoped it would still make sense outside the derby... I asked a few people offline and they thought 'anyone with a cat will definitely get it'. I also thought most people are at least familiar with rubbing a balloon to get stuck on people's hair, so would make the connection that someone did it to this cat, who does not like it! Hopefully that's the case=)

Thanks very much to everyone who voted for this and all the great comments, support and help pre-derby! It's been awesome to be in the fog the entire derby!

bassanimation

jasneko wrote:@mjc613 - Thanks, glad you like the color combination and find the cat's face perfect!
As to the rest,I hoped it would still make sense outside the derby... I asked a few people offline and they thought 'anyone with a cat will definitely get it'. I also thought most people are at least familiar with rubbing a balloon to get stuck on people's hair, so would make the connection that someone did it to this cat, who does not like it! Hopefully that's the case=)

Thanks very much to everyone who voted for this and all the great comments, support and help pre-derby! It's been awesome to be in the fog the entire derby!

Good luck, Jasneko! I love the balloon kitty!

Hammylink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink

Woot's commenting is so buggy...but I digress.

I thought the last Schrodingy shirt was totally boring. This one would be a lot more wearable and it fits the theme perfectly. And...I think it's even more Psychedelic than the first design with the colors used even without text.

Awesome should not be considered as being too similar to boring.

cosmiccow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosmiccow
sharkswithlasers349 wrote:I love this design. While most people are saying that it doesn't relate to physics, I disagree: The whole "you could make anything relate to physics" argument is garbage, because while the presence of light allows you to see a shirt and therefore involves physics(like someone mentioned), this shirt's design actually incorporates light into the design.

As someone who loves physics, this derby got me really excited, and it turned out to be extremely disappointing. This was one of 3 designs to receive my vote (none of which are in the fog, by the way), and I'm quite irritated that it's getting so much hate; I'm sure that the designs that win will not be immediately recognizable as physics related, so there's no reason for this design to be shunned simply because it involves actual art as opposed to another bunny.

All in all, this is a great design; let me know if you submit it for printing somewhere else, as I'll definitely vote for/buy it.

"As someone who loves physics..." is such a wonderful way to disregard anyone else's knowledge or interest in physics. I'm an Aerospace Engineering student.
Yeah, light's part of the design. But the design screams "DIVING!" not "LIGHT!"
Look, I love the design. It's a great drawing. It's very well executed. But on topic it ain't.

viciousspike

quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike
Re: The Solar System

Am I the only one who wishes this were a bit more Cthullu-ish? Anyone? GMV anyway...

tnfreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tnfreak
Re: Cold Fusion

i like this one, i wanna buy this one for sure

flynch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flynch
IggySorcha wrote:I just wished this were placed a little off center. I feel like if this were in the upper right corner it'd look a lot better.

thanks for the comment - i had a lil noise in the back of my head that was totally agreeing with you - i'll pay more attention to my 'muse' in the future...

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: Retro Physics

Well, it looks like it wont be printing. Not a bad run for my second try. Thanks for all of the support and comments, guys!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
viciousspike wrote:Am I the only one who wishes this were a bit more Cthullu-ish? Anyone? GMV anyway...

Yes. We've had more than enough Cthulhu shirts on this site. Nothing wrong with them, but a design this original and stunning should stand on its own.

I dearly hope that this prints.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
cosmiccow wrote:"As someone who loves physics..." is such a wonderful way to disregard anyone else's knowledge or interest in physics. I'm an Aerospace Engineering student.
Yeah, light's part of the design. But the design screams "DIVING!" not "LIGHT!"
Look, I love the design. It's a great drawing. It's very well executed. But on topic it ain't.

Yeah I didn't want to further argue cuz I felt I was doing too much of it in a few threads, but if I draw a footrace and say "lol fighting gravity, integral to physics" it doesn't make it any more or less valid. I liked the shirt but I didn't think it was suited to the theme.

glorinmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glorinmann
blakebrinkley wrote:I can't figure out how to vote!

You can't just yet ! Only users who have made at least one purchase on one of the Woot sites can vote...

Aesthir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aesthir

I want this shirt so badly- Let's hope it makes it up for sale! Great concept, great execution.

Papaya79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Papaya79

NOOOOOOOOO, I want this shirt!!!!! I can't believe it fell out of the fog :S GRRRR.

Meredythe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Meredythe
stephwak wrote:SHUT UP!

Only if the fifth 'gallivanting alpaca is Professor X.

ruf1o

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ruf1o
bassanimation wrote:I wanted to tell everyone thank you once again for your wonderful support of the Pulley Mice! I think they'll manage to 'squeak' in at 9th or 8th place, which is WAY better than I ever thought they'd do! Thanks so much, y'all. It was a fun derby to see, with lots of cool entries.

And now, one last dorky picture of one of my horde, for fellow rodent lovers. :3

"Rainy sez Bye-byeeee!"

I was just browsing through some of your pictures (I hope that's okay btw...) and saw the tube picture. What happened to grace?

Let's go Duke!

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
L3g3ndQ wrote:i agree if that one got rejected then this one should too.

schrodinger's cat was rejected because it was a similar concept to something woot had already printed, not because it was "similar shirts exist". maybe it's splitting hairs, but its not the same thing. woot has not printed a monty python coconut/swallow tee, therefore it is not the same thing. so stop using the "if _____ got rejected than this should too" line.

now let me buy this tee.

Happy Beer.

bassanimation

ruf1o wrote:I was just browsing through some of your pictures (I hope that's okay btw...) and saw the tube picture. What happened to grace?

Weird, I was just talking about Gracie's tube here at work! She had a large abscess in her jaw/throat area that had to be removed. You have to leave the incision open so it can 'drain'. They put the tube there to help the drainage. She recovered and lived a long life.

(She is also the mascot on my Twitter page)