oreocookiesp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oreocookiesp
Darquis wrote:No need to be rude about it - there are designs even in the fog that don't translate well into shirts worth wearing - and this is certainly a design which is unique. Some fogged designs aren't that different from ones that have sold on woot before (and no I'm not jumping on retro physics - there are others)

Thank you. I guess I learned the level of crudeness that cannot be tolerated. I tried. I learned. The next one will only be better. :-)

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
viciousspike wrote:Am I the only one who wishes this were a bit more Cthullu-ish? Anyone? GMV anyway...

you are not alone =)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
jxchen wrote:This rejection doesn't make a lot of sense, but I am really confused to see so many people supporting what is a giant style bite of Jhonen Vasquez's work. I guess it's ok to rip people's style as long as it's not Japanese looking.

I did some Googling and I can't really see how this is "ripping" his style. It may be similar, but I don't really think it was an intentional attempt to mimic. Inspiration? Maybe. Plagiarism? Certainly not.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
jabberjaws13 wrote:schrodinger's cat was rejected because it was a similar concept to something woot had already printed, not because it was "similar shirts exist". maybe it's splitting hairs, but its not the same thing. woot has not printed a monty python coconut/swallow tee, therefore it is not the same thing. so stop using the "if _____ got rejected than this should too" line.

now let me buy this tee.

ok well how bout this one should have been rejected for using text? either way it should have been rejected.

coyn0839

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coyn0839
Johndis5 wrote:Well, it looks like it wont be printing. Not a bad run for my second try. Thanks for all of the support and comments, guys!

It's back in the fog. Cross ur fingers. Hope it goes up for sale. This is the only shirt i like in this derby.

emeraldchickpea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emeraldchickpea
Re: Static Electrikitty

Less than 4 hours!

Go Kitty, go kitty Go Kitty, GO!!!!

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Cold Fusion

Wow, add glow to _anything_ and people lose their minds. I like it. Wouldn't wear it, but I like it. It looks purty

odbal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages odbal

I feel like the Einstein-gallivanting alpaca should have a mustache, but aside from that it's fantastic? What was the text on Einstein-gallivanting alpaca before? E=mc²? I wonder if that would classify as "incidental text".

odbal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages odbal
odbal wrote:I feel like the Einstein-gallivanting alpaca should have a mustache, but aside from that it's fantastic? What was the text on Einstein-gallivanting alpaca before? E=mc²? I wonder if that would classify as "incidental text".

Why is it that every incident of the combined letters B, O, and T turns into "gallavanting alpaca"?

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
IndependentVik wrote:Wow, add glow to _anything_ and people lose their minds. I like it. Wouldn't wear it, but I like it. It looks purty

Thanks Vik I appreciate that, it's not for everyone, but I don't think I went overboard or used unecessary amounts of shiny for no reason other then shiny . Thanks to everyone else too for their comments both positive and negative, I'll keep pluggin along

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode

This is very cute. The coloring is outstanding too.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
odbal wrote:I feel like the Einstein-gallivanting alpaca should have a mustache, but aside from that it's fantastic? What was the text on Einstein-gallivanting alpaca before? E=mc²? I wonder if that would classify as "incidental text".

Don't think even incidental was allowed.

Also, word filters. Like O M G or Bowl of Cereal, B O T has become one of those W O R D S

tschafer47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tschafer47

I seriously just wished that the pulleys had been correctly configured to render the point accurately. I want to buy this shirt but because of the error I cant wear it around any of my physics classmates or I will be dreadfully made fun of...

sexylittlerobot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sexylittlerobot

you have a great sense of humor. I look forward to your future designs!

bahamut2x9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bahamut2x9

If you get this printed elsewhere let me know, I'd definitely be in for one!

diodoliz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diodoliz
Re: The Black Hole

I want this..

uforeader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uforeader
megsck wrote:nice, i know a couple of people who would want this shirt. my father knows the guy who came up with the equation of how much mass it would take to create a black hole...i've been trying to get his equation signed to hang on my wall in exchange for a drawing forever!
Nice job! This is the cutest black hole i've ever seen =) kinda reminds me of a chomper from marios bros.

Chandrasekhar, the guy who came up with the Chandrasekhar limit, died in 1995.

makusaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makusaf
specsmachine wrote:Please allow me to explain! I took the concept of Sir Isaac Newton sitting under an apple tree and gave it a sort of post-apocolyptic/acid flashback slant. Hopefully the end effect is that, from a distance, the shirt appears to be a guy relaxing under a tree.

Cool shirt. I want one!!!!

DangerMan5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DangerMan5
Re: Gravity

I love this shirt dude. It's a shame it didn't get picked. If there is anyway I could get my hands on this shirt I would do it.

tangentreality

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangentreality
Re: Nuclear Fusion-HA!

I <3 this shirt and I'm so sad it didn't win.

Hey, if it gets printed somewhere else, send me a message! I'll totally buy it.

tangentreality

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangentreality
Re: The Doppler Effect

Please, please please let me know (send me a message) if this gets printed somewhere! I want it.

Also, I <3 the colors.

themarin8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themarin8r
Re: Nuclear Fusion-HA!

Tis a shame that this did not garner enough votes. I LOLed when I read it

i gots me a random carp

tjmanco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjmanco
Wayticus wrote:I like the concept, and the color I suppose would be tolerable, but with the gun, I don't think it will look like a guy just relaxing from a distance. Also they have little to nothing to do with nuclear physics, course the governments might have secret nuclear powered rifles, who knows. I feel the shirt would of been fine without it.

But it is still physics. A gun is possibly one of the greatest examples of numerous forms of physics combined in one device.

pjheinz83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjheinz83
Re: Nuclear Physics

I really hope your shirt makes it! I'm sad to see night #2 with another shirt up there that isn't this one.

sitylem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sitylem

Yeah... your pulley is terribly wrong. I'd "I'd buy this shirt" if the pulleys were correctly done, but because it's not correctly nerdy--sorry.

dreamwootseeker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreamwootseeker

C'mon, Woot, not only do you reject good design over shiny, cute stuff with a vengeance, you also misspell simple words doing it. Is it "too" much to ask for you "to" know the difference between "to" and "too"?

"To similar", seriously? Forgoing that error, this is not even *remotely* similar. That had a retro cat, this has a zombie, and no I don't mean that sarcastically.

Anyhow, feel bad for the artist, hard luck man. Please keep up the good work and don't go the glowy, bunny, mariokart/back to the future/dr. who/etc way

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Pulleys

No worries. See, this incorrect pulley shirt exists in this dimension, where it did not place as is not for sale. In another dimension, the pulleys are correct and the shirt is for sale.

The universe takes care of it all.

archy66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages archy66
Re: Orbital Hoopla

is it possible to buy shirts even if they dont win?

palan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palan
Re: Phive Phamous Physibots

I Really wanted it, alas it just missed the 3rd place. I really wish this one gets printed.

raymecake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raymecake

I really wanted this one to print. Bummer.

bellzogs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bellzogs

Einstein, Newton, Tesla, Schrodinger, and Hawking
Am I good or what?

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
archy66 wrote:is it possible to buy shirts even if they dont win?

Sometimes!

Woot's gonna do some honorable mentions sometime in the next two years. When those happen for this derby, they go into what's called a Double Take Derby, where they get another chance at life. And even if they don't win that, woot does a week (or two, i always prefer two) of editor's choices, and so that's like another 13 chances to print.

Plus the artist always can take it elsewhere once their period of waiting is up.

Draco098

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Draco098

Darn... As a Roboticist in my day job, I would have loved to wear this shirt to the office!

sitylem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sitylem

Wished this shirt made the cut! Woulda bought it in a heartbeat--along with the black hole shirt.

shanevendrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shanevendrell

Glad it got picked for an honorable mention! I am in for at least 1 if you print it! Go Woot!!

shanevendrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shanevendrell

Glad it got picked for an honorable mention! I am in for at least 1 if you print it! Go Woot!!

bacguffin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bacguffin

I STILL really want this shirt!!

hagiasophia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hagiasophia
Re: Nuclear Physics

I want this shirt soo bad! How can I buy it?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

hagiasophia wrote:I want this shirt soo bad! How can I buy it?

This shirt actually won 3rd place in the derby and sold here. Unfortunately, it has been reckoned, which means it is no longer for sale. But you can always try these options for obtaining it. It might take a while (a long while), but if you're patient and persevere, you just may get it, eventually.

jadedconsumer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jadedconsumer
memphisjones wrote:Thank you. I plan on doing weekly submissions indefinitely; it's a great exercise.

My question is: how do I buy the shirt?