+ Add a Comment

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks
Re: Prism Jism

Yeah, this isn't going to fly the second time around any more than it did the first. Too "3rd grade humor" for Woot.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: parabolic free fall

You need to remove the number from the side of the car. It will be considered text.

cakeninjak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cakeninjak
Re: Static Electrikitty

HAHAHAHA.

Have you seen that graphic on the internet about cats and toast?

Toast always lands butter-side-down. Cats always land on their feet. If you stick the butter on the cat's back, you get CWAAAYYZZYEEEEE anti-gravity!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Defying Gravity - Prehistoric

Not a fan of the 'modern' version, but I like the whimsy here. however, black on asphalt doesn't always show up well, particularly fine details. (See all the complaints regarding 'Nevermore' as an example.)

Personally, I'd wear the hell out of this on lemon.

mjc613

Re: Bread and Butter

The lines are very thin, and may be too hard to print.

tcanning

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tcanning
Re: a simple question of weight ratios

First design in about 4 months that I'd buy. Hope it makes it!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: COWABUNGA

Fabulous work as always ... still waiting with bated breath for you to get your due around here!

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

I like the idea. The coconuts do look too much like bowling balls. Perhaps you could put some texture into them to help distinguish for those who do not know it's reference. I'd like to see a resub personally with those changes. As is now the bowling ball aspect bothers me.

mjc613

missile225 wrote:Use of photo...wow... just wow.

Because it is hard to verify that the photo is your own original (see the Terms and Conditions for entering the derby) and because photos often have gradients and halftones that they cannot print, Woot does not allow photos.

ShelbyLyn122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShelbyLyn122
endangeredomega wrote:Fabulous work as always ... still waiting with bated breath for you to get your due around here!

Ditto!

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

Love it. I agree with the two in the background, it would be just fine without em. GMV.

DeadFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DeadFrog
Re: Calculated Risk

You always know when the end is near.

imsochady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady
Re: Orbital Hoopla

Mwahahahah, love it!

emeraldchickpea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emeraldchickpea
jasneko wrote:HUGE thanks to everyone in the pre-derby thread for all your help!!

I just cast my vote! Wishing you luck. It was fun!

oreocookiesp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oreocookiesp
vorteks wrote:Yeah, this isn't going to fly the second time around any more than it did the first. Too "3rd grade humor" for Woot.

They said everything was fine except for the words on the shirt image. Plus, I've seen some fairly vulgar stuff on here before.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: Grumble

Any well-executed design with a cow gets my vote!

>insert funny quote here<

apeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman
Re: A Positive Attraction

I resubmitted this design with a few extra details this time.

My design is supposed to be two positively charged particles in love with one another but the nature of physics is not letting them be together (since likes attract in real life but repel in terms of electricity). The lines around the protons represent the electric field lines used to envision the electric field at any given point in space around the protons and oddly enough create the shape of a heart to emphasize their love. Although there is no “+” sign due to the no text rule this week, the arrows pointing away from the particles conveys enough information that these are indeed two of the same positively charged atoms.

Thanks for looking and don't hesitate to vote!

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Re: Retro Physics

I like your color choice a lot - I think it pops well and really has the retro feel you were going for. And congratulations on not going the "distressed" route so many choose when doing retro - in some cases it works, I guess, but I infinitely prefer this shirt without.

oreocookiesp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oreocookiesp
Re: Radiation Hazard

Something tells me you can probably buy something exactly like this elsewhere.

Nekkochan

Re: Gravity

This looks like it could be on the cover of one of my 50's SF anthologies. That's not a bad thing.

katiedid27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katiedid27
Re: Orbital Hoopla

I'd have thrown in Pluto, just to be a rebel >.>

Nekkochan

Re: Static Electrikitty

Oh yay. I think all the work you did to refine this one really paid off. The cat's face is perfect!

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop

Oh no! A car just came out of the downhill track !! It went flying like a cannon ball!! Damn tricky curve!

Detail:

(Thank you Mr. Lee)

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
oreocookiesp wrote:They said everything was fine except for the words on the shirt image. Plus, I've seen some fairly vulgar stuff on here before.

I don't recall ever having seen unrejected jism on here.

howardsays

quality posts: 0 Private Messages howardsays
Re: Prism Jism

HAHAHAHA LOL .......... I love it

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: COWABUNGA

I liked the navy in the thread too...had much more impact - but didn't want to muddle it up when everyone was choosing royal. You chose navy yourself anyway, so it's all good!

Fantastic job - it really glows.

Vote!

alposnacks

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alposnacks

Voted for this one, hope it wins!

Nekkochan

Re: Escaping gravity

I think this is lovely! The depth of the drawing really appeals to me, and as others have said, the flow is very nice.

Nekkochan

Re: The Legend of Sisyphus

Love your color choices. And yeah, I've had those days... GMV

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
katiedid27 wrote:I'd have thrown in Pluto, just to be a rebel >.>

I almost did on accident, then I remembered and shed a tear for the little planet that couldn't

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Gravity Well

This is an awesome super nerdy idea

wootfast

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootfast

Staff

Re: The 3rd Law of Motion

This reminds me of the ReBoot Icon!

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop

mjc613

Re: Escaping a Black Hole

Woot doesn't allow most gradients since they can't print them.

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
Re: Retro Physics

Gotta say, I'd much prefer it without the face. As it is, I can't quite vote for it--and that's got nothing to do with any other shirt.

YinofYang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang
tjost wrote:I almost did on accident, then I remembered and shed a tear for the little planet that couldn't

I rolled over laughing, it makes me a little sad too. This is a very fun and cool shirt. You've GMV, hope it prints.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: The Black Hole

nice, i know a couple of people who would want this shirt. my father knows the guy who came up with the equation of how much mass it would take to create a black hole...i've been trying to get his equation signed to hang on my wall in exchange for a drawing forever!
Nice job! This is the cutest black hole i've ever seen =) kinda reminds me of a chomper from marios bros.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
mikenytola wrote:I like the idea. The coconuts do look too much like bowling balls. Perhaps you could put some texture into them to help distinguish for those who do not know it's reference. I'd like to see a resub personally with those changes. As is now the bowling ball aspect bothers me.

I tried a bunch of textures and none of them looked right. Since there's demand, I'll explore it again and put up a second version.

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
Re: The Physics of Crossing the Road

This armadillo's learned his lesson! What lesson? This one.

Love the song, love the critters, and love the shirt! GMV.

YinofYang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang
Re: Testing the twin paradox

I absolutely dig this shirt. You drew their expressions so well.