+ Add a Comment

topfrog56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages topfrog56
Re: Newton's Laws Are For The Birds

Two innocent little birdies illustrate Newton's Laws of Motion - all three of them - such smart birdies!

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Its A Rabbit!

"This is the first shirt I have wanted to buy here in a long time. Please let me know if you get it printed elsewhere. This is another example of Woot rejecting true artistic expression in order to bump up designs that cater to the masses."

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

oreocookiesp wrote:They said everything was fine except for the words on the shirt image.

Who's "they"?

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

YinofYang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang
Re: The Physics of Crossing the Road

I laughed so hard when I saw this. Very well-designed and clever to boot! I'm glad you used an armadillo for your design. GMV!

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
Re: The Force of Attraction

your making a living off this website.....still my hero +1

steven0724

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steven0724

Could they could maintain air-speed velocity like that?

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
apeman wrote:I like that its very basic and nicely colored but I feel like its hard to connect with physics especially with the no text thing, good idea tho

Thanks! I agree it's pretty abstract. Coming up with design ideas has been tough for me this week. I'm a mechanical engineer, so my brain complete switches to math mode when it comes to physics. This felt like the best way to do explain an abstract idea without using text or a series of illustrations.

wootfast wrote:This reminds me of the ReBoot Icon!

It's been ages since I last saw that show.

After googling it, I see what you mean about their logo and my design being similar.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Static Electrikitty
cakeninjak wrote:HAHAHAHA.

Have you seen that graphic on the internet about cats and toast?

Toast always lands butter-side-down. Cats always land on their feet. If you stick the butter on the cat's back, you get CWAAAYYZZYEEEEE anti-gravity!

Hmmm I am unfamiliar with that one!

emeraldchickpea wrote:I just cast my vote! Wishing you luck. It was fun!

Glad to hear it! Double thanks!

Nekkochan wrote:Oh yay. I think all the work you did to refine this one really paid off. The cat's face is perfect!

Heh, I will say, during all back and forthing and trying things last night, I had a few flashes, imagining the design getting about 5 votes despite all the time and so many people giving me input. Very happy it's not like that:D Thanks Nekkochan!

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: Frontier Physics

This is great! Top notch job! I really like how you framed the sherif and the outlaw - they feel like playing cards.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
Re: The Evil Twin

The evil twin is pretty awesome.

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
walmazan wrote:Love it my friend! +1

Thanks walma!

glorinmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glorinmann
misrymonky wrote:
Love how much the fridge "loves" that the magnet is coming her way! LMAO

Well in fact, it's rather the fridge that's being attracted to the magnet, right ?

Whatever, that doesn't change the fact that the design of this tee is great. Don't know if I would wear it though, maybe too much cuteness the past few days...

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Orbital Hoopla

Haaaa this is so cute! I like that you used blue for the orbital rings. It adds a lot of color in there. I would be more than pleased to have this!! +1

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Nekkochan wrote:I like your color choice a lot - I think it pops well and really has the retro feel you were going for. And congratulations on not going the "distressed" route so many choose when doing retro - in some cases it works, I guess, but I infinitely prefer this shirt without.

I almost subbed it with distressing, but after I looked at it, it was just overkill. I'm glad you like it!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Calculated Risk

Nice, but tank is a video game and thats a no no this week

ccand8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccand8

This shirt has to win. I could see my self, and friends, even ordering more than one for once.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Ye-ah, sweet design and the colors make it.

GMV!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Another great entry. I like how you faded out the edges with those fat strokes

theziv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theziv

It doesn't matter, this shirt has a 0.000000001% chance of winning. Choppy graphics look like it was done in paint, I don't like it at all.

Naolito

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Naolito

Love it!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Nuclear Fusion-HA!

So simple yet so awesome!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: Classic Monkey and Hunter... Problem.

I get it, and it's great!

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
oreocookiesp wrote:They said everything was fine except for the words on the shirt image. Plus, I've seen some fairly vulgar stuff on here before.

1. He was being sarcastic. This is not completely your fault; online sarcasm is tricky.
2. Woot said, "Rejected because: Obviously not."
3. The equals sign still counts as text.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

nice! i wanted to do an homage to wile e. coyote, but burned my brain trying to think of a way. this is an awesome homage to that, nice job, love the style of it!

bassanimation

Wow, sure is foggy up in here ^_~.

Awesome.

bassanimation

Re: Electric Spark Cat

Awww, it's a lightnin' kitty. Im surprised he looks so calm..considering he's made of PURE UNBRIDLED ENERGYYY! Ok I've had some coffee...

+1!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

megsck wrote:nice! i wanted to do an homage to wile e. coyote, but burned my brain trying to think of a way. this is an awesome homage to that, nice job, love the style of it!

Thanks! I'm actually working on a straight up tribute to Wile.

megsck

Re: Monolith

would this be a part of astrophysics? gotta love a shout out to the space odyssey, i have three computers, two of which are named hal and monolith, the other is named deep thought =)

megsck

Re: The Legend of Sisyphus

nice design, love the muted colors. at first i thought your title said, "the legend of syphilis" which made me say, "what?" and click on it, which i then re-read and realized what it was! haha, but atleast it got me to click on it!

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Re: Diving With Photons!

Nice Halftones...

Spiritgreen

Re: Frontier Physics

@llklocke, I nearly called this Trigger-nometry. ^_^ It is a question of bullet physics at its heart though so I went with a more straightforward name.

@bassanimation, aw thanks! Your ricochet design would have made it quite clear who can't compete though, I'm far less compete-y than you in the art department. ::tips hat::

Hope there'll be something else coming soon?

@endangeredomega, mjc613, ah Myth Busters! So maybe he's doing it on purpose. Stun rather than use deadly force. What a guy. ^_^

@walmazan, studio1172, Naolito, JRWorkshop, thanks very much!

@wootfast, I was surprised to see him turn up too. Turns out that if you draw a big enough chin on a character with any amount of swagger.. boom, Bruce Campbell. :p

@megsck, thanks! That's very kind. I haven't played the Bang! card game, but Wikipedia makes it sound cool. :^)

@Lagbert, yeah I did frame them in a similar way to cards. It was really just to make the start and finish stand out, although I did consider adding card symbols at one point before I remember the no text rule. Thanks a lot for the compliment!

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

Yo! A or B??? I'm going to submit this...

Spiritgreen

This turned out awesome. You've been on a heckuva roll lately. ^_^

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Physics 101

Ha! love it! great work!

Audacious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Audacious
Re: a simple question of weight ratios

if this doesn't win the derby, i'll cry a little

Spiritgreen

Re: NEWTONIAN

You have some lovely graphical effects going on here. Cool shirt! +1 from me. :^)

Spiritgreen

Re: The 3rd Law of Motion

Equal and opposite. Yeah, pretty cool. GMV.

Don't push anyone around who's wearing this shirt. :^)

peareater05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peareater05
SpazX wrote:It does look a lot like a bowling ball, but I guess that's just because coconuts resemble bowling balls.

I don't care, this one better print.

Yeah - the coconuts are a little bowling ball-ish. Aren't they furry?

Spiritgreen

Re: a simple question of weight ratios

Great reference. It's good to see so many people getting it!

(BTW, I know I'm watching too much Big Brother when I see the incorrect symbol as the power of veto. :p)

peareater05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peareater05
SpazX wrote:It does look a lot like a bowling ball, but I guess that's just because coconuts resemble bowling balls.

I don't care, this one better print.

Yeah - the coconuts are a little bowling ball-ish. Aren't they furry? But the shirt is hilarious.