deadlyblonde

quality posts: 6 Private Messages deadlyblonde

On account of the mockingbird being the Texas state bird, and myself being a Texan... I can attest to the fact that this here shirt is truly depicting the call of the mockingbird. Feisty little rascals, they are...

SaintWacko

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SaintWacko
eHalcyon wrote:I was going to say that it reminds me of the yelling bird.

That's exactly what it made me think of!

Knowledge is power,
Power corrupts,
Study hard, be evil.

Woots:
2X Sandisk Sansa Clip 2gb, April Fool's Boggy Old Creature, Anniversary edition Boggy Old Creature

benjw1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages benjw1

Not as original as a shirt on a bird.

AlienZulu

quality posts: 11 Private Messages AlienZulu

is sarcasm the same as mockery?

tidus755

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tidus755
benjw1 wrote:Not as original as a shirt on a bird.

Now how about a shirt in which there is a bird wearing a shirt with a bird on it

angelheart704

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelheart704

fakon!!

Total Yelling Bird ripoff. I hope Jeph sues.

Leptailurus

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Leptailurus

Definitely would have rather had an actual yelling bird shirt, and not some ripoff. Not cool. :|

meow meow meow meow meow meow

reneemunson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reneemunson

How could they not have put this on creme?

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

"Look at me, I am a cool person. I have a witty shirt from Woot. I'm hip and happening and hipster. I belong to an exclusive club called 'everyone.'"

llklocke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llklocke

epic fail of a t-shirt

If they really wanted to be f-in clever, the bird would've been a silhoutte. If I see another bird silhouette shirt, I'm gonna puke.

banstick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banstick

Its a bit creepy since I happen to be wearing a bird shirt I got from here a couple months ago.

joshuarshultz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joshuarshultz

has no one told you guys?

that

the

BIRD

is the word????

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
AlienZulu wrote:is sarcasm the same as mockery?

mockerys live in the zoo, with the other family members.

hardrockinmofo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hardrockinmofo

Ya know, I just woke up and right away checked to see what kind of cool shirt Woot had today. Peeyew!!! I'm goin' back to bed!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

I do believe the bird is trying to mock itself, but it really come across as self-loathing.

how sad.

mcleansue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mcleansue

I think they are mocking me because of my comment about yesterday's shirt. I wrote, "It's just a shirt with a bird on it". Or, maybe I'm just paranoid. I will repeat, "IT' JUST A SHIRT WITH A BIRD ON IT". Still wondering when there will be a shirt worth buying.

aperfecttool72

quality posts: 7 Private Messages aperfecttool72

Fellas, think we could listen to the radio or somethin'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5f_gbzo4Q0

Mock. YEA! Ing. YEA! Bird. YEA!

falken

quality posts: 1 Private Messages falken

With all the people complaining about how the shirt sucks it a guaranteed sell out.

gatormania31791

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gatormania31791

The mockingbird is also Florida's state bird.. Also Arkansas, Mississippi, and tennessee..

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Yea Andrew!, I glad to see you here! congrats on the print!

acdawg

quality posts: 28 Private Messages acdawg

Hush little birdy don't say a word, ACDawg's gonna buy you a woot t-shirt. And if that woot t-shirt don't fit, AC's gonna have to return it.

lunchboxbrain

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lunchboxbrain
walmazan wrote:Yea Andrew!, I glad to see you here! congrats on the print!

Many thanks!

cad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cad

For me, this goes a little too close to plagiarism. It isn't, I don't think, legally (pretty sure QC is not "all character copyright bladda bladda bloo") but it is pretty classless. Woot should not have printed this.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Anyone else hear a heavy New Jersey accent?

EriannaAbyss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EriannaAbyss

this shirt just reminds me of QC (Questionable Contents) yelling bird that mocks you... anyone else picking up on that vibe

lunchboxbrain

Good morning Woot fans! First off, I'd like to thank to the good folks at Woot for giving my rude bird a chance to fly. I'm sure Joel and Barbara are besieged with tons of great daily submissions and I'm stoked that gave the thumbs up to this design.

Secondly, I've noticed some feedback relating to the Yelling Bird/Questionable Content comic. Until I saw this morning's posts, I had never heard of/seen/read QC. I can see where people could draw comparisons but this design was in no way, shape or form inspired by Yelling Bird. The concept, like most of my tee concepts, is a simple interpretation of a simple idea.

All that being said, I hope everyone enjoys the tee and picks up a copy for themselves (and maybe your friends, family, neighborhood postal worker etc.).

Thanks and happy Wooting to all!

jlgrant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlgrant
lunchboxbrain wrote:
Secondly, I've noticed some feedback relating to the Yelling Bird/Questionable Content comic. Until I saw this morning's posts, I had never heard of/seen/read QC. I can see where people could draw comparisons but this design was in no way, shape or form inspired by Yelling Bird. The concept, like most of my tee concepts, is a simple interpretation of a simple idea.

Speaking as a cartoonist, you need to see about taking this shirt down. If you find out your "original work" is not original at all, and in fact resembles another person's work, you can either accept the accusations of plagiarism with no real defense, or you can take down the work in question. Yes, coincidences happen. Them's the breaks.

And yeah, this is way too close to Yelling Bird.

joe43wv

quality posts: 14 Private Messages joe43wv

I personally think this shirt is HILARIOUS! Great design!

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
JadenKale wrote:Yelling bird is too X-rated for woot.

I swear though, he has some of the best comments from time to time.

CHAINING KATY PERRY TO RUSSEL BRAND AND THROWING THEM OFF A PIER...AND I LIKED IT

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

Brotherxaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brotherxaos
enterman wrote:wow read QC much?

No kidding. I was thinking the exact same thing.
I know the bird is prolly more of a twitter joke, but it is also pretty clear that the guy who designed it reads Questionable Content and directly stole this idea from Jeph.

eg: http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1620

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice
AlienZulu wrote:is sarcasm the same as mockery?

Perhaps the designer defines "mockery" using the same dictionary that Alanis Morissette used to define "Irony"?

Where's the crap?

deltax20a

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deltax20a

It's more parody to me than anything, if he has a Yelling Bird shirt or other item for sale then it'd be an entirely different story to me.

But eh, this isn't a derby, so the usual cry-foul crowd hasn't shown up yet I guess.

spicyflavor

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spicyflavor

So.. I've never heard of yelling bird before.. and I just checked it out. What a stupid website. Is it a 12 year old with a dirty mouth who writes that crap? I do appreciate dirty humor, but this 'yelling bird' is just plain stupid. Sheesh.

3blackbelt3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 3blackbelt3

hahahahahah

Mockingbird by Carly Simon:
"Mock, yeah. ing, yeah. bird, yeah. yeah, yeah. mocking bird now"

penguinzaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penguinzaz
jlgrant wrote:Speaking as a cartoonist, you need to see about taking this shirt down. If you find out your "original work" is not original at all, and in fact resembles another person's work, you can either accept the accusations of plagiarism with no real defense, or you can take down the work in question. Yes, coincidences happen. Them's the breaks.

And yeah, this is way too close to Yelling Bird.

Not even the creator of yelling bird, thinks this is plagiarism. Check out the guys twitter.

http://twitter.com/jephjacques

lunchboxbrain

Brotherxaos wrote:No kidding. I was thinking the exact same thing.
I know the bird is prolly more of a twitter joke, but it is also pretty clear that the guy who designed it reads Questionable Content and directly stole this idea from Jeph.

eg: http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1620

Actually, if you took the time to read my post, you'd see that until today, I'd never heard of/seen/read QC.

ponder27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ponder27

I just got charged tax for this shirt. Is that a NY thing or did Woot change its policy?

bradtheproducer

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bradtheproducer

Welcome to drama.woot.com

valorandvellum

quality posts: 5 Private Messages valorandvellum

I heard of this shirt before I heard of Yelling Bird. So I'll bet Yelling Bird is ripping this shirt off :-P

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
ponder27 wrote:I just got charged tax for this shirt. Is that a NY thing or did Woot change its policy?

I'd imagine that it has something to do with this:

"Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax."

In addition, Woot charges sales tax to Texas and Missouri as well. I wonder if those will end up on Amazon's list?