slyphox

quality posts: 6 Private Messages slyphox

Someone will probably mistake #6 for a samari sword.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
— Jeremy Clarkson

silverpearl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverpearl

This is the perfect back to school shirt answering one of the most riveting questions facing man over the last 20+ years!

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

It seems like a lot of dailies lately, including this one, have been 7 ink colors. It makes me wonder if Woot will ever change derby rules to allow 7 instead of 6.

otterific shirt. I can imagine the battle axe one actually existing, and I'd want one. I never get enough eraser...

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Only now do I understand why schools only allow the Number 2 pencil.

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

I'd like to erase this wooden design from my memory. Sadly, it's rubbed into my soul like a scantron selection.

samuelrsheridan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages samuelrsheridan
staffell wrote:This.

I think it's both baffling and hilarious people are making this assumption. Stop being so over-sensitive.

It's not over sensitive. I don't think it's a reference, and I don't think it's offensive.

I DO think that people are going to see that connection if they are the kind of person prone to thinking (being afraid of) September 11th. I also think people are going to see it if they're the kind of discerning individual who is always looking for a quirky observation to make.

It doesn't matter if it was intended. People you know will see this shirt and wonder if it's a September 11th reference. Even if it's out of their paranoia and brain damage they'll still think it and you'll be wearing the shirt...

danielvutran

quality posts: 16 Private Messages danielvutran

Anyone else see the irony of #1 being a paper airplane?

google me lol

XrayAnime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages XrayAnime

Love this shirt.

Qriz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Qriz
AdderXYU wrote:I'm fairly sure that airplanes and 9/11 are not mutually attached. Since the pencil is #11, and not #911, you all are just being easily-offended nitwits.

No. It could be AA Flight 11. Y'know, one of the planes that crashed into the WTC. No big deal, or anything.

Nitwit I may be, but you may want to brush up on your facts, brother.

Besides the fact that I think the shirt is kind of boring, I think lots of people would see the 911 bit and not like it, whether or not we ever know if it was intentional.

amisheskimoninja

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amisheskimoninja

Number 9 so should have been a beetle. Take that Yoko Ono!

urbsnspices

quality posts: 7 Private Messages urbsnspices

As I always suspected, people in North Dakota LUV writing utensil based humor.

valianteffort

quality posts: 29 Private Messages valianteffort

Would it be OK to bring No. 10 to a knife fight?

Also, sharpening No. 9 looks like it could lead to a bloody mess

bkearney09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkearney09

No. 7 feels wrong to me...to me the blade should be metal and the tip should be the eraser. No one wants to say they were hacked to death by an eraser...of course they wouldn't be saying anything if they were, but still.

pbandito

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pbandito

Wow. I don't even like this shirt that much but I'm honestly thinking of ordering one now.

Just think of all the time it will save me, wondering if the person I'm talking to would be offended if I brought up airplanes and the number 11. Now I can just wear this shirt and avoid having to waste time with the likes of them.

As a sidenote, there is much to be offended about where 9/11 is involved. The type of vehicles and the numbers used to identify them, however, are not one of them. My suggestion: Drop it already. It's a pencil-plane. #11. Good for shading with; not so great for erasing.

tbase

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tbase

I think the vast majority of people are seeing the 9/11 thing only after they read a comment about it. Interestingly enough, the first comment about it was originally a double post where the poster said he wondered if it was a 9/11 reference, then he deleted the duplicate and edited the original to say he didn't know if he liked the 9/11 reference.

THIS PLACE HAS BIG BUILDINGS.
I LIKE FOOD.

tigamasive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigamasive

Because I am prior military and deployed numberous times to 9/11...I will not buy this shirt bc the airplane is the #11 pencil. Creator is a tool

Conor Healey

girlfriday98

quality posts: 1 Private Messages girlfriday98
tigamasive wrote:Because I am prior military and deployed numberous times to 9/11...I will not buy this shirt bc the airplane is the #11 pencil. Creator is a tool

Or maybe... the creator is Rubber and you are Glue...

lunoid

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lunoid

Wow, my non-#2 pencils are so boring!

Maybe if I dig them out of my art supplies box, one will have transformed into something cooler while it hid there?

paappraiser

quality posts: 8 Private Messages paappraiser

I never got the 9/11 thought looking at it.

until

I read it on the posts.

I have to say,

I don't think of 9/11 every day.

If someone comes up to you and says " hey that's a offensive shirt"

Ill be really surprised.

Pick your battles.

We have other things to worry about.

This is really the first daily that I laughed at in a long time. Good job to the artist.. I think original.

MEH.. im tired of this

sgoman5674

quality posts: 41 Private Messages sgoman5674

How far does No. 1 fly?

jed1nerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jed1nerd

I remember this shirt from when I looked at Nathan's page when he did the knock-knock shirt. I like it. But I think it would look better on white.

--JN

masupo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages masupo

I used to work in the World Trade Center and it was an amazing place. I left before 9/11, but I had friends and family who were there on that day. Some made it out, some didn’t.

The company I work for now has an office directly across the street from Building 7. I work in their NJ office, but my interview was at that NY office the day they reopened Bldg 7. After my interview, I went to the opening ceremony – it was beautiful and emotional. Many of the people that I work with were there on 9/11 and witnessed everything. Those memories will haunt them for the rest of their lives.

I think the shirt is cute and funny. I'm NOT offended and I don't think the shirt is referencing 9/11.

coerul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coerul
Shinespark wrote:Someone needs to educate the artist on the meaning of pencil hardness, and that the Conté system tops out at 4.

This comment made my morning. xD

Also:
I did not immediately think of 9/11 in relation to the airplane pencil, personally.

If there was a truck as a No.19 pencil in a 5th row, for example, would people think of the Oklahoma City bombing? Not likely.

On an additional note, I think the plane pencil is in the "down" position because of the way the artist approached the pencils. I wondered why the baby bottle was upright, myself. It just makes more sense to the design to put the more complex and non-writable end as the eraser.

jed1nerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jed1nerd
CaptainWes wrote:I figured Number 9 would be in the shape of John Lennon.

why?

--JN

gadam07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gadam07

I'd like to see how they put the lead in No. 4.

elflordfields

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elflordfields

I would like a number 12 please

neonix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neonix
AdderXYU wrote:I'm fairly sure that airplanes and 9/11 are not mutually attached. Since the pencil is #11, and not #911, you all are just being easily-offended nitwits.

I don't think I could have said this any better. I'm really glad I read your comment scrolling through the I pooped. Just a little though. Adder. It calmed down my rage... I hate easily-offended nitwits.

kwstillson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwstillson

I think it's quite clear that No.5 should have been in the shape of Robot No.5 from Short Circuit!!!! Only then would I buy this shirt.

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice
jed1nerd wrote:why?

Really? Revolution 9? The Beatles?

It's funny, the 9/11 stuff... I think about 9/11 every once in a while. This morning, in fact... I was getting ready to leave for work, and looked up at my digital clock, and the time said 9:11. I said, hmm... a small, subconscious part of me made the connection, and then I went on my merry way.

i did NOT think about 9/11 in relation to this shirt, or pencil #11. that's too much of a stretch.

#8 looks like it would be hard to write with.

Where's the crap?

tferoli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tferoli
tigamasive wrote:Because I am prior military and deployed numberous times to 9/11...I will not buy this shirt bc the airplane is the #11 pencil. Creator is a tool

You were deployed to 9/11?? What does that even mean? Thank you for your service, but wth???

jebalaya

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jebalaya

kids shouldn't wear this to school. it doesnt even matter if the 9/11 pencil is intentional or not. some kid will absolutely make the connection either in jest or seriousness. a teacher or principal will get wind of it and a big stink will be created over it. they can wear wherever else they want to, but i wouldn't advise wearing it to school, unless you want a news headline about a kid sent home over a t-shirt.

adults on the other hand should feel free to wear it. we dont have helicopter parents or school administrators to worry about (for the most part).

bam2379

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bam2379
AlienZulu wrote:i don't get it...

and the whole 9/11 thing is in pretty bad taste

I agree with both, number 11 being an airplane is kind of a poor representation of something that serious. Sorry to be "that guy".

rabdpnguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rabdpnguin

What about in 2001 when police constable Karl Bluestone killed his three year-old son with a claw hammer. #3 - Claw Hammer. Or on 1/1/1979 a 747 crashed over India killing 213 people. #1 - Airplane. Don't even get me started on #10 and #11.

Whoever made this shirt is obviously try to send us subliminal messages to kill each other or something. I disapprove.

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar

*marks in his journal, "Today I agreed with Adder."*

If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna have to go rethink a few basic principles.

spcanadia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spcanadia

very cute. i can't believe they don't allow us to take standardized tests with light saber pencils. then again, the scantrons probably couldn't handle the awesomeness. btw, thanks for the coupon! just bought a shirt i've been wanting from the reckoning for a while now!

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

"at best a job in the Deal-a-Day sector"

BTW This has to be my favorite personal write-up of all time. SO funny.

canteen222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canteen222

I'm not sure that is the best picture (number) for 11 :/ Planes and the number 11 dont mix.

mrfisma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrfisma

I'd love to get this one for my grandson, but I'm sure his grade school would not approve. Crazy zero tolerance for anything resembling or referencing a weapon of any kind. Bummer.

GravitaZ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GravitaZ
Shinespark wrote:Someone needs to educate the artist on the meaning of pencil hardness, and that the Conté system tops out at 4.

Werd, I was just going to say this. The pencil number system is based on the lead grades of hardness and softness. Dumb shirt.

Bababooey is FaFafooey

regalcabbage

quality posts: 2 Private Messages regalcabbage
danielvutran wrote:Anyone else see the irony of #1 being a paper airplane?

what better to write on paper than with folded paper?!?