gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
PemberDucky wrote:I am so so so so happy for my friend no1 right now. He has been designing pandas for the derbies for a long time now, and they were all fantastic, but this one is definitely special.
Congrats, buddy! Now you can get some sleep for the rest of the weekend!

Except I hope he's not actually reading this thread. The shirt threads are filled with acrimony and hostility.

Seriously, what is WRONG with some of you people? I suggest you consider psychiatric intervention and leaving your mother's basement to get a little exercise.
[See? I can do it, too!]
Gratz once again, no1!

Hear! Hear! Well said, Mademoiselle Duck.

Mean people suck.

No1 on the other hand, at least for now, is #1.

Congratulations!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

This is not the place to trash no1 (or anyone). We do a ton of kvetching in the derby threads and other community forums.
It's a shame no1's first win is accompanied by so much drama.
Congrats, no1!

ziama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ziama

I have an easy solution to why the Gateway Arch and the Space Needle are in the same place. Its obviously las Vegas baby! I would be an angry panda to if I lost money in slots.

phonedog365

quality posts: 6 Private Messages phonedog365
lordjefe wrote:not to rain on anyone's parade but, this seems dangerously close to idea plagiarism.

http://www.threadless.com/product/178/Pandamonium

granted the design is different, but the title and theme, same. i mean that shirt's been on threadless.com for well over 6 years!
how did nobody notice?

harshing my mellow. That's like saying two posters that both use musical notes are the same.

compu829

quality posts: 0 Private Messages compu829

To be honest, I couldn't for the life of me figure out the design. I saw an old skeleton-key lock shape with maybe two people fighting and some other blobs.

Then I read the description....then I saw the Panda...

I feel dumb D:

compu829

quality posts: 0 Private Messages compu829
slyphox wrote:For a minute there it looked like the blotches were two men fighting. Does this mean I'm actually a genius? #RorschachTest #ToldYouSo

Sweet! That's what I saw too! I didnt see the panda until I was told it was there...I feel better now!

Auricom46

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Auricom46

I'm feeling really, really confused right now.

After reading so many comments about the "panda" that's on this shirt, I'm left with one question:
Where the heck do you see a panda?

I feel like this is some artistic interpretation of an ink-blot test, and panda seems to be the thought of the day today.

I see the lines of a keyhole puncturing giant shadow monsters who seem to be attempting to hold on to each other lest they become absorbed into where the hole might lead them.
The one on the right still has his/her legs, while the other seems to be floating due to either magic or otherwise. The hands are obvious, and the two black blots hanging above them could have been their minds.

Sounds strange, I know. I just can't seem to find the freaking panda.

ppremont

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ppremont
lordjefe wrote:not to rain on anyone's parade but, this seems dangerously close to idea plagiarism.

granted the design is different, but the title and theme, same. i mean that shirt's been on threadless.com for well over 6 years!
how did nobody notice?

You are waaaay too involved with this. There is a woot-off running as wee speak where you can vent some frustration.

There are 3 designs based on the horsemen of the apocalypse in the final 9 shirts! I can't wait for the screams if one of them is in the top 3!

Bring back the 4 O'Clock Flash!!!

Auricom46

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Auricom46
Auricom46 wrote:I'm feeling really, really confused right now.

After reading so many comments about the "panda" that's on this shirt, I'm left with one question:

I feel like this is some artistic interpretation of an ink-blot test, and panda seems to be the thought of the day today.

I see the lines of a keyhole puncturing giant shadow monsters who seem to be attempting to hold on to each other lest they become absorbed into where the hole might lead them.
The one on the right still has his/her legs, while the other seems to be floating due to either magic or otherwise. The hands are obvious, and the two black blots hanging above them could have been their minds.

Hmm. Now after reading the text below the shirt, I get it now.

So much attention for giant pandas. Only on shirt.woot.

ppremont

Auricom46 wrote:I'm feeling really, really confused right now.

That's what I like about the ink-blot design. That means you are certifiably crazy. It took me about 10 seconds to find the panda which proves I'm sane.

The top spots are his ears, the two lower with white dots his eyes, he is looking down, (his head slightly tilted down). The white lines are the outline of his head. The lower white spot is his underwear.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 37 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Congrats on your first win and print, no1! You must be super excited I hope I get to experience that feeling some day. I can't even imagine how cool it would be to have people walking around wearing something you created. Enjoy the win!

Cerrida

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Cerrida
dravack wrote:Is it just me or do people see more than the panda? like a skull, two people holding hands, etc..

i think im going crazy XD

I saw two people fighting each other, each with a head on a pike or some kind of weird horn. It's not just a shirt, it's a Rorschach test!

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

Felicidades NUMERO UNO!

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp

This shirt made me laugh. I'm glad it won... Although it'd be so much better with the title on it. Oh well... damn no text rule.

paulmd

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulmd

This is brilliant! The best design I have seen on shirt woot in months. Congratulations! I agree with the camp which thinks this is going to be a best-seller. In for one.

troller11

quality posts: 7 Private Messages troller11
tbase wrote:That Panda's about to crush the WTC. I don't think I like the 9/11 reference.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I don't see the Twin Towers in the picture.

TheDisreputableDog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheDisreputableDog
animatedbox wrote:pandemonium? More like The Pandacolypse!

The Pandarica? That's just a fairy tale.

SleazyC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SleazyC

Well deserved. This shirt is otterific.

CpnStumpy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CpnStumpy

Fun play on words, but nobody would figure that out looking at it, they'd just look at the negative space and think you were wearing a faded old japanese t-shirt..

pbandito

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pbandito

The two guys fighting in front of the keyhole next to the mating roaches really made this design for me. All I saw was some silly Panda at first.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

Oragutan Mating Guide!!!! Congratulations!!!!

(And I didn't even vote.)

hmmm....new filters since I've been around here...

bellum80

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bellum80
dravack wrote:Is it just me or do people see more than the panda? like a skull, two people holding hands, etc..

i think im going crazy XD

It took me forever to see the panda. I thought it was two demons holding hands. What is wrong with my brain!!!

JoeDeth

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JoeDeth

Also, Howard Jones called. He wants his song royalty payments for posting his lyrics.

True story - Howard Jones was the first ever concert I attended. Fantastic musician.

Spr33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spr33

Screw the haters, I love this shirt! Ahah this was an instant-buy. I've been watching shirt.woot ever since it started and this is probably my 4th shirt. Nice one!

bern0352

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bern0352
Turbonium wrote:cute enough to get for my 2yo. bad ass enough to buy one for myself.

Either option = otterific.... not sure how I feel about matchy matchy w/ your 2 year old, though...

misrymonky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages misrymonky

Approaching sell out! Congrats. Great shirt!

happybot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages happybot

Super cool design, no1! Destructive scene, yet hip and a little bit cute. And it looks otterific on asphalt!

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx

how did nobody notice?

The name is a play on words that has been done, I'm sure, long before that Threadless shirt came out. Trust me, it's hardly unique. And the fact that the design is very different... I mean closer designs on Woot have been released within a couple weeks of each other.

TRIBALMYSTIC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TRIBALMYSTIC

Is it werid that every time I look at this shirt I see two Rorschach blots fighting over the city? Wonder what that reveals about me?

pbandito

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pbandito

Nearly sold out... I think this is another one of those Doomsday signs.

skw23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skw23

For the longest i couldnt see the Panda....all i saw was a guy proposing to his woman

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

PANDA SMASH!!!

Also, sold out? It's not sold out yet. I clicked on full stats and it doesn't list amounts sold. Where is everybody finding this? I must be looking in the wrong place.

staffell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages staffell

The popularity of this shirt just goes to show once again showing why artists are missing a trick by submitting to Threadless and not woot.

No advertising, pls.

ppremont

AdderXYU wrote:Votes would dwindle massively.

Cameesa is just about to shut down. Their entire premise was "put money down, and when enough people do, this shirt is GUARANTEED to print". In derby standards, only 50 votes would be needed. Yet it couldn't stay afloat and only rarely printed any new tees, even when supports cost only $10. Most people will NOT allow the access of their funds for a non-guaranteed print. And these were only not guaranteed if less than 50 people wanted the shirt, over the course of months. A woot tee would be not guaranteed for over 97% of the entries, every week. why would people bother voting for all their favorites, or any at all?

I've said a million times, also, that you can't just lock people into their votes. Let's say I want three shirts, but can only afford one of them. Do I have to choose only one to vote for? Because if all three win, I am locked into buying all three. There are any number of reasons this will not and could not work. People should not have to have their money in limbo with no guarantee that it will ever buy them something, and people should not feel forced to spend more than they can afford. If you want 20 of the tees in a derby, you shouldn't have to put money down on all of them.

Multiple accounts are the real issue. Almost everyone at EBW has multi accounts (almost everybody at woot in general does too). I would guarantee there are plenty of votes unattached to sales because people think their kids accounts (why do kids even have accounts) should count for a vote. Then again, it is a panda and unattractive. That is enough for wooters to buy. But the problem with multis is, it is always possible they are attached to real people. Woot cannot judge that.

So the only fair way to alter the derby is to make votes not be the only thing that counts. We KNOW multi-accounts exist. It's easy to do. It's proven to exist. And if we have any concept of finances, we know that we can't force people to buy things. It's unethical in its own way, and will make people unwilling to vote. So the only thing woot can do to change things is to make those multiple accounts and votes-without-intent-to-buy mean nothing by ceasing allowing votes to be the only factor.

Wait, let me guess... You saw demons eating your brain sitting on top of a train going through a tunnel in those ink-blots. Right?

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
specsmachine wrote:PANDA SMASH!!!

Also, sold out? It's not sold out yet. I clicked on full stats and it doesn't list amounts sold. Where is everybody finding this? I must be looking in the wrong place.

Button was bouncing reflecting that it's almost sold out. BTW, now it's officially sold out.

MarkeR200208

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarkeR200208

I pressed the big yellow button and... sold out... sweet...

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
DoublEE wrote:Button was bouncing reflecting that it's almost sold out. BTW, now it's officially sold out.

Gotcha. I never knew that!

vzfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vzfamily

Fantastic. My husband is thrilled that it won. It was one of 3 from the fog that he wanted. SO glad I checked the site and bought early. I usually can't until very late morning! Can't believe it's already sold out!

ryanrules23

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ryanrules23

I was seriously just about to buy one and they are all gone. My life is over as I know it!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Congratulations No1!! I will buy one tomorrow and wear it proudly.