gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
ryanrules23 wrote:I was seriously just about to buy one and they are all gone. My life is over as I know it!

Buy one from the second chance link tomorrow: http://shirt.woot.com/shirts/pandemonium

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
specsmachine wrote:Gotcha. I never knew that!

Glad I could help.

inod3

quality posts: 6 Private Messages inod3
AdderXYU wrote:Votes would dwindle massively.

Cameesa is just about to shut down. Their entire premise was "put money down, and when enough people do, this shirt is GUARANTEED to print". In derby standards, only 50 votes would be needed. Yet it couldn't stay afloat and only rarely printed any new tees, even when supports cost only $10. Most people will NOT allow the access of their funds for a non-guaranteed print. And these were only not guaranteed if less than 50 people wanted the shirt, over the course of months. A woot tee would be not guaranteed for over 97% of the entries, every week. why would people bother voting for all their favorites, or any at all?

Cameesa is a little different in how they operate though. Woot is going to have 3 winners on the Derby. If a million people vote in a derby or only a thousand people there is going to be 3 shirts. So there wouldn't be any difference in the number of winners. And if you didn't want to have the $10 per vote locked up, you simply wouldn't vote. Buy the shirt after it wins.

I don't think they'll do it. It is fun, voting for shirts I have no intent on buying. We get art discussion and can vote up shirts that are just hilarious in context of the derby. So perfect so fitting that it's hard to resist th urge to vote, even if it makes no sense to the stranger walking by you on the street.

Simply put, Woot is going to sell shirts just fine keeping it as is, so they don't need to change it.

zyzeast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zyzeast

Oh come on, how is it sold out already

I really like this shirt, what happens when a shirt gets sold out on here? I mean, couldn't they just print more?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Congrats on the sellout, no1!

So happy this is selling well. I love it.

mwheilig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwheilig

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sold out already!! it's only 9:15

Please bring it back!!! I was on my way to work and did not want to order and drive but when I got here it was toooooooo late!!

Ok enough wine, that's another woot.

I hope you will bring it back and give us a second chance!

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
zyzeast wrote:Oh come on, how is it sold out already

I really like this shirt, what happens when a shirt gets sold out on here? I mean, couldn't they just print more?

They will. Come back after midnight, and you can buy it for $15!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

zyzeast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zyzeast
alfbo wrote:They will. Come back after midnight, and you can buy it for $15!

oh well, still worth it.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

Also I love the Howard Johnson mention in the artist write-up.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Way to go No1! I did not follow this derby very close, but I did not realize you were even in the running.

Twowoot

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Twowoot
Auricom46 wrote:I'm feeling really, really confused right now.

After reading so many comments about the "panda" that's on this shirt, I'm left with one question:
Where the heck do you see a panda?

I feel like this is some artistic interpretation of an ink-blot test, and panda seems to be the thought of the day today.

I see the lines of a keyhole puncturing giant shadow monsters who seem to be attempting to hold on to each other lest they become absorbed into where the hole might lead them.
The one on the right still has his/her legs, while the other seems to be floating due to either magic or otherwise. The hands are obvious, and the two black blots hanging above them could have been their minds.

Sounds strange, I know. I just can't seem to find the freaking panda.

This is bizarre to me how so many are not seeing the panda. I think the "close up" is causing the problem as the panda is only partially in that closeup and so the mind is thrown off.

The heads of the two "shadow monsters" are the black eye patches of the panda with the white dots being its eyes. The bump of the hands clasped is his nose. There is no mouth because he's looking down. The black blobs floating over the monsters heads are his ears...the white curved arcs from the ears to the eyes outline his head. The inner area of the head is grey because he is in the shadows with the sun behind him.

Once you get the head, the rest should make sense. Again, ignore the closeup square and look at the whole thing. Does that help?

EDIT ... Or I could have read two more posts and realized you already figured it out. Oh well.

I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more pong! (What Christopher Walken should have said in Balls of Fury.)

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

ryanrules23 wrote:I was seriously just about to buy one and they are all gone. My life is over as I know it!

zyzeast wrote:Oh come on, how is it sold out already

mwheilig wrote:NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sold out already!! it's only 9:15

Please bring it back!!! I was on my way to work and did not want to order and drive but when I got here it was toooooooo late!!

Ok enough wine, that's another woot.

I hope you will bring it back and give us a second chance!

THIS SHIRT WILL BE FOR SALE AGAIN--HERE, AT $15--STARTING AUGUST 21 AT 12.01am.

EVERY SHIRT CONTINUES TO BE SOLD AFTER ITS FIRST DAY, UNTIL ITS RECKONING. SELLOUT OR NOT, YOU CAN ALWAYS BUY A SHIRT THE DAY AFTER ITS INITIAL SALE, THROUGH AT LEAST A WEEK.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jublin wrote:A quick and simple GOOGLE search of "Pandamonium" would have brought up the threadless design and should have been enough to prevent the artist from creating another tee with the same concept.

It's smart to do a little research when designing a tee (especially ones heavily based on a concept) to find out if your idea has been done before. If it has... then why do it again? Just for money? :/

But regardless, woot is a derby and it's tough to crack the number one spot so congrats nonetheless.

You mean Pandamonium?!

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
ROGETRAY wrote:You mean Pandamonium?!

thanks for the ricroll dude.

jessicabos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessicabos

How can I get a "Defrost" shirt???? It's long since reckoned but it should make a comeback!

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

wiz! Long time no see!

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

jessicabos wrote:How can I get a "Defrost" shirt???? It's long since reckoned but it should make a comeback!

This is not the place to ask for that; this is a shirt-specific thread (Pandamonium). Please head on over to the World of Woot Shirts forum and find the appropriate thread for trading/finding shirts, or, if you're lazy, make a new one. You can also go to teetrade and look to see if the shirt you want is listed there.

SpazX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpazX

Really? Sold out, and this fast?

Is there some kind of panda meme I missed?

skenneldogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skenneldogs

Congratulations on your first print and selling out before noon, no1!

Like a few others I'm confused about how this placed above some of the other entries in the fog, but voters want what they want and it looks like on this win at least, the purchases matched the votes. It's a cute design, and I'd love to see it with a little more detail added.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

That panda's not heavy, he's just dancin' cause he's happy!

Woo for the first time printer and a sellout to top it off!

linksdeity

quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity

Oooooh yeeaahhh... Ultra Pepe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlLT03VhPtk

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
JoeDeeDee wrote:wiz! Long time no see!

I know! How are ya?

Working full-time has limited my Wootage, but I figured I'd swing by the Woot-Off to see how it's going, and being familiar with the Threadless tee of the same name as today's Shirt Woot, it piqued my interest, and here I am!

So is the Photoshop contest back up and running yet? Silly question, I know, but.. can you believe the last posted contest was almost a YEAR ago (Oct 19 2009 posting)?? :'(

[MOD: No advertising please]

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge
SpazX wrote:Really? Sold out, and this fast?

Is there some kind of panda meme I missed?

Lolpandas?

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Anyone else see a Rorschach print in this?

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
chrisprender wrote:Is that the Gateway Arch and the Space Needle? If Seattle and St. Louis are one city, we've got bigger problems than a giant panda.

I'd say more representative of woot's move from MO to WA.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

spinalgrail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spinalgrail

I'm not surprised this sold out so quickly. It was one of only two shirts I voted for in the derby.

Also, how is it that so many people have issues with seeing the panda? I saw panda the second I looked at the thumbnail before going to the full design page.

Also, also, congrats on the win for a first design.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
wizard7926 wrote:I know! How are ya?

Working full-time has limited my Wootage, but I figured I'd swing by the Woot-Off to see how it's going, and being familiar with the Threadless tee of the same name as today's Shirt Woot, it piqued my interest, and here I am!

So is the Photoshop contest back up and running yet? Silly question, I know, but.. can you believe the last posted contest was almost a YEAR ago (Oct 19 2009 posting)?? :'(

Wiz and JDD both in the same thread! No the Photoshop contest isn't back yet but I'm still holding out hope...maybe once everything gets settled after the Seattle move.

Congrats no1 on the sellout! Well deserved.

jessk21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessk21

Damn, sold out already? Sad, sad story.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

jessk21 wrote:Damn, sold out already? Sad, sad story.

THIS SHIRT WILL BE FOR SALE AGAIN--HERE, AT $15--STARTING AUGUST 21 AT 12.01am.

EVERY SHIRT CONTINUES TO BE SOLD AFTER ITS FIRST DAY, UNTIL ITS RECKONING. SELLOUT OR NOT, YOU CAN ALWAYS BUY A SHIRT THE DAY AFTER ITS INITIAL SALE, THROUGH AT LEAST A WEEK.

tehGeneral

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tehGeneral
dravack wrote:Is it just me or do people see more than the panda? like a skull, two people holding hands, etc..

i think im going crazy XD

I saw the close-up in the corner first, and thought it was a picture of one giant sloth pulling another giant sloth through a teleporter. (Each of the panda's eyes is separate sloth's eye in this scenario.) Upon looking at the full picture, I was quite confused for a second as to why they had giant white horns...

vzfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vzfamily
studio1172 wrote:I am really surprised that this won. I will be interested in seeing how the voting compares to the selling.

It would be interesting if when someone votes on a shirt that it becomes a legal bond that you will buy it if it prints. Maybe make it so that your credit/debit/PayPal number is attached to your vote. That would really change the voting records in these derbies. I know I would change how I vote.

Honestly - I thought everyone only voted if they would purchase it. That's the only way I vote - otherwise I think it's completely unfair... I mean - why would I vote for something I wouldn't purchase?

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
vzfamily wrote:Honestly - I thought everyone only voted if they would purchase it. That's the only way I vote - otherwise I think it's completely unfair... I mean - why would I vote for something I wouldn't purchase?

It's not unfair. The current system in place lets you vote for as many designs as you like without a commitment to buy. You have a certain standard of your choosing but it's not the same as everyone else's standard. Personally, I usually vote for around 5-8 designs but I certainly don't intend on being all of them. Some designs I like but not as a t-shirt I would wear. You may not agree with woot's system but it's completely fair.

vzfamily

Wow - such an early sell-out. I'm really glad - it's fine for people to not like designs, but TRASHING it is just sad... It was VOTED on and won - and it must have been super popular - I can't remember the last time there was such an early sell-out...

stormywoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stormywoot

I have to have this! But its sold out I WANT IT! When are you guys going to have more available?

DavidDrake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidDrake

I would buy every shirt I have voted on if it became available. However, I was looking to buy this one at $10.00 but at 15 I am not sure if I want it that much.

vzfamily

DavidDrake wrote:I would buy every shirt I have voted on if it became available. However, I was looking to buy this one at $10.00 but at 15 I am not sure if I want it that much.

I must be honest - that's the way I feel. Only a select few MUST HAVE's I buy from the Reckoning!

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Westlyftw wrote:The graphic just looks sloppy, rushed, and very amateurish.

did you know that the word AMATEUR comes from the French word for LOVE and that people originally called people amateurs because they did something out of love, instead of for the money. it had no baring on how well they did something, just what they did it for. =)

so i say to No1 that your design is cute and very amateur! congrats on the print and sell out! =)

SpazX

vzfamily wrote:I can't remember the last time there was such an early sell-out...

You can't? You have to know these things when you're a king, you know.

vzfamily

How many shirts for a sell out?

SpazX

vzfamily wrote:How many shirts for a sell out?

3,000 I believe.