vzfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vzfamily
SpazX wrote:3,000 I believe.

WOW!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

stormywoot wrote:I have to have this! But its sold out I WANT IT! When are you guys going to have more available?

THIS SHIRT WILL BE FOR SALE AGAIN--HERE, AT $15--STARTING AUGUST 21 AT 12.01am.

EVERY SHIRT CONTINUES TO BE SOLD AFTER ITS FIRST DAY, UNTIL ITS RECKONING. SELLOUT OR NOT, YOU CAN ALWAYS BUY A SHIRT THE DAY AFTER ITS INITIAL SALE, THROUGH AT LEAST A WEEK.

chinedooo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chinedooo
lordjefe wrote:not to rain on anyone's parade but, this seems dangerously close to idea plagiarism.

http://www.threadless.com/product/178/Pandamonium

granted the design is different, but the title and theme, same. i mean that shirt's been on threadless.com for well over 6 years!
how did nobody notice?

LOLWUT?! the only similarities between the two are pandas. LOL using a panda is plagiarism?

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
goldenthorn wrote:THIS SHIRT WILL BE FOR SALE AGAIN--HERE, AT $15--STARTING AUGUST 21 AT 12.01am.

EVERY SHIRT CONTINUES TO BE SOLD AFTER ITS FIRST DAY, UNTIL ITS RECKONING. SELLOUT OR NOT, YOU CAN ALWAYS BUY A SHIRT THE DAY AFTER ITS INITIAL SALE, THROUGH AT LEAST A WEEK.

Hey, Goldenthorn, if people didn't read your post the first time then I seriously doubt they're going to catch it the second time or third time either.
A lot of people just post without reading anything else in the thread.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

sTyLeS wrote:Hey, Goldenthorn, if people didn't read your post the first time then I seriously doubt they're going to catch it the second time or third time either.

Yes, dear, I know, but I enjoy posting it.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
wizard7926 wrote:I know! How are ya?

Working full-time has limited my Wootage, but I figured I'd swing by the Woot-Off to see how it's going, and being familiar with the Threadless tee of the same name as today's Shirt Woot, it piqued my interest, and here I am!

So is the Photoshop contest back up and running yet? Silly question, I know, but.. can you believe the last posted contest was almost a YEAR ago (Oct 19 2009 posting)?? :'(

I haven't been around here much either, but saw today's shirt and decided to swing by to wish no1 congratulations.

RIP Photoshop contest.

shan24 wrote:Wiz and JDD both in the same thread! No the Photoshop contest isn't back yet but I'm still holding out hope...maybe once everything gets settled after the Seattle move.

Congrats no1 on the sellout! Well deserved.

Hi shan!

contemporaryscarlett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages contemporaryscarlett
samitches wrote:As an SF Giants fan myself, I wish Panda was crushing LA

I suggested that in the Derby thread. And as an SF Giants fan as well, I just wish Panda was crushing more this year in general!

HiddenIdentity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HiddenIdentity
DavidDrake wrote:I would buy every shirt I have voted on if it became available. However, I was looking to buy this one at $10.00 but at 15 I am not sure if I want it that much.

you can use your coupon code SERENDIPITY for $5.00 off!

migafre

quality posts: 1 Private Messages migafre

Ya Bastards! I liked this shirt... It's always like that. I go on shirt.woot.com and see a shirt i like, it's 90% sold out. Sigh. Guess i'll have to wait for it to go get reckoned!

PewPewLulz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PewPewLulz

"I bring... pandamonium!!"

-Chen Stormstout from Warcraft III

jerohme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerohme

will there be more of these? i need to buy this for my friend's birthday!!

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

ChefRAZ wrote:Also I love the Howard Johnson mention in the artist write-up.

you're just making me feel old aren't you

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
studio1172 wrote:I am really surprised that this won. I will be interested in seeing how the voting compares to the selling.

It would be interesting if when someone votes on a shirt that it becomes a legal bond that you will buy it if it prints. Maybe make it so that your credit/debit/PayPal number is attached to your vote. That would really change the voting records in these derbies. I know I would change how I vote.

Looks like about 3x as many people bought it as voted for it.By the end of next week? prolly a lot more.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172

I am glad to see that there was a buying power behind the design. It went beyond my expectations.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
goldenthorn wrote:Yes, dear, I know, but I enjoy posting it.

This made me laugh so hard in a thread full of mostly pain and loathing. Thanks, thorny!

And best congrats to no1. You've always been an entertaining member of the community, and I'm psyched for you that you won an entire derby: otterific! Depending on how this prints (I'd have to see pictures) I might get this for my nephew. He's sort of an ambulatory force of destruction himself.

technightmare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages technightmare

I cannot believe this is sold out.

pandaprincess77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pandaprincess77

ok- I am mad, the panda princess jus learned of this deal and you guys sold out!!! Arrrrgh!!!

Let me know how I can get one in the future. Also any panda clothing you design hit me up:

{{mod edit: no personal info in forum posts, please}}

Thanks and Arrrrrggggh, I feel like the panda on the shirt!!! Or the panda in one of my shirts tearing up tanks and planes, I need a shirt or I will turn into panda kong!!! HEE HEE!!!

Thanks again, keep me posted

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

pandaprincess77 wrote:ok- I am mad, the panda princess jus learned of this deal and you guys sold out!!! Arrrrgh!!!

Let me know how I can get one in the future. Also any panda clothing you design hit me up:

{{mod edit: no personal info in forum posts, please}}

Thanks and Arrrrrggggh, I feel like the panda on the shirt!!! Or the panda in one of my shirts tearing up tanks and planes, I need a shirt or I will turn into panda kong!!! HEE HEE!!!

Thanks again, keep me posted

THIS SHIRT WILL BE FOR SALE AGAIN--HERE, AT $15--STARTING AUGUST 21 AT 12.01am.

Josephus

Adder, we just disagree about what deserves to print. and frankly, since you don't have a car in the race, it shouldn't bother you so much that no1 actually won the derby. You should not care a whit about who gets the money- yet you seem greatly offended when someone who's work you personally don't care for wins. no1's been a part of this shirt community since its inception- have you? I don't remember you around for some time during the early derbies. He gives thoughtful suggestions to people, he helps out when people ask about software, and why they can't upload. He also creates designs that surprise and delight with an often childlike simplicity. When the derby started, woot told us it was for artists who weren't pros, but once the money got so high, all the professionals flocked here like seagulls to the trash cans at the beach. It's a shame, really, it would be much more entertaining with less acrimony due to the money that so inflames you.

Oh, and I can't wait for the pucker-printing derby! What a terrific day that'll be!

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar

ATTENTION ARTISTS:

Be sure to re-read the Derby posting. We'll need EVERYBODY'S print-ready artwork no later than Monday, 8/23 at 9am CENTRAL time.

Josephus

llandar wrote:ATTENTION ARTISTS:

Be sure to re-read the Derby posting. We'll need EVERYBODY'S print-ready artwork no later than Monday, 8/23 at 9am CENTRAL time.

are you gonna reject them if the artwork isn't in yet?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I love this design. No1 has been entering these derbies for a long time, and gets a well-deserved win. It was a great concept and I personally like the rough look of it. And no1 is good people not deserving this rancor.

For those folks that don't like it, seriously, go get a hug. Were there artists that lost their mortgage because a panda printed? Are there artist that are going to lose custody of their kids because a panda printed? This is shirt.woot, not the Carnegie Art Award.

Apparently 967 voters and 3000 purchasers thought it was rather nice. I was one of them. It's not cool to go into the Guggenheim during an artist's first real show ever, point at something right in front of them and say "this is trash and is taking up space for something I like".

proberts9999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages proberts9999

I'm not sure how Howard Jones ties to a giant destructive panda, but all the same I'm bummed the shirt is sold out.

MyStro023

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MyStro023

Missed it... shizzz...

doyouflip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doyouflip

In for one. My 2nd shirt.woot since the upside down heli.

Couldn't resist the cuddly destruction.

Josephus

goldenthorn wrote:THIS SHIRT WILL BE FOR SALE AGAIN--HERE, AT $15--STARTING AUGUST 21 AT 12.01am.

FYI, everyone on this page who missed it, and doesn't realize it will be on sale tomorrow.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Josephus wrote:

Oh, and I can't wait for the pucker-printing derby! What a terrific day that'll be!

Agreed!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp
PemberDucky wrote:Agreed!

How about ... a collaboration shirt, with a panda with big pouty lips? That'd be hot.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

...I think the "SOLD OUT" graphic should include a clear and bold "check the reckoning tomorrow to buy it for $15" note... all the hints about the reckoning having older shirts for sale just aren't obvious enough it seems. I suppose "sold out" is rather misleading.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE

Every time the "I want one" buttons bounces another "artist" goes hungry. ;)

skenneldogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skenneldogs
kinzoku wrote:...I think the "SOLD OUT" graphic should include a clear and bold "check the reckoning tomorrow to buy it for $15" note... all the hints about the reckoning having older shirts for sale just aren't obvious enough it seems. I suppose "sold out" is rather misleading.

Keeping it as-is is doing nothing but losing Woot money, so I don't understand why they haven't changed it. Think of all the people who stumble onto the page from external sources, see SOLD OUT, want the shirt, but just close the page without bothering to write a woe-is-me comment because they assume the sellout is permanent.

The current system seems to operate on the premise that everyone who visits the site already knows the basics of Woot operation, which just can't be true. Getting increased sales with such a minor change should be a no-brainer.

I also don't really understand why they don't sell 3000 shirts at ten bucks, then immediately raise the price to 15 and continue to sell. I'm sure the resulting issues with the Reckoning (if any) could be fixed.

Has Woot ever responded when this issue is brought up? Or would it jeopardize goldenthorn's job as "buy-it-tomorrow-like-duhhh" poster?

Josephus

skenneldogs wrote:

Has Woot ever responded when this issue is brought up? Or would it jeopardize goldenthorn's job as "buy-it-tomorrow-like-duhhh" poster?

she doesn't get paid for that.

Josephus

parrotice wrote:Wasnt that post for the folks how are up for the new Double Take derby? That's what I thought originally.

You are correct! From the blog:

UPDATE!

Due to a wedding looming on the horizon, we'll be under a bit of a time crunch. If you haven't already done so, we'll need your print-ready artwork no later than Monday, August 23 at 9a Central. Every entry in the Double-Take Derby needs to do this, so spread the word!

not sure why this isn't also in the derby announcement itself.

rgness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rgness
dravack wrote:Is it just me or do people see more than the panda? like a skull, two people holding hands, etc..

i think im going crazy XD

Totally didn't even see the panda till I read the title.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Slydon wrote:you're just making me feel old aren't you

nothing wrong with being old, yur as old as you feel. love this song by howard johnson.

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

ChefRAZ wrote:howard johnson.

i don't know if i should want to hug you or slap you

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady
ChefRAZ wrote:howard johnson.

He also has a fairly successful hotel chain.

parktron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages parktron

No its cant be sold out! Its not fairrrrrrrrrr! I just want one Xl...

Akashhhhh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Akashhhhh

I wonder how many people who bought this used the recent $5 off coupon. There HAS to be some correlation, this shirt is really, really awful.

parktron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages parktron

Fifteen is going to be too much. I mean five whole dollars more? Thats half a shirt