+ Add a Comment

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
parktron wrote:Fifteen is going to be too much. I mean five whole dollars more? Thats half a shirt

Half-shirts = 80's techno bar party.

I'M IN!

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
ChefRAZ wrote: nothing wrong with being old, yur as old as you feel. love this song by howard johnson.

Howard Johnson?

You mean Howard Jones?

inod3

quality posts: 6 Private Messages inod3
Akashhhhh wrote:I wonder how many people who bought this used the recent $5 off coupon. There HAS to be some correlation, this shirt is really, really awful.

With a wootoff going on, shirt.woot would be getting a lot more exposure than normal.

JoeDeeDee

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Slydon wrote:i don't know if i should want to hug you or slap you

that IS your continuing dilemma, isn't it?

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Congrats No1!!! Wish I'd seen it before it sold out. Guess I'll catch it when it comes up on the reckoning.

And Poo on the haters. I LOVE IT!

H2ORip

quality posts: 1 Private Messages H2ORip

Admittedly I did not vote for this one, though the pun is cool and the execution well done. I just couldn't see myself wearing the shirt and grey doesn't really do it for me. Congrats to the creator though, and what otterific timing with a wootoff - must be nice to see the shirt sold out by noon (and a tad frustrating to think how much it may have sold should there have been stock lol).

Lets see what the other entries bring, some really really cool designs this derby.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
JoeDeeDee wrote:

Love it!

Also wanted to add that I am thrilled this shirt sold out. Though I didn't buy one because it's not my style (and I aleady have dozens of Woot shirts), I was getting quite irked by how nasty people get when they don't like a design. I like browsing Derby entries and reading comments but often those comments turn angry, bitter, condescending and disparaging. Constructive criticism is one thing but man, there's been so much hate!

Congrats on the sellout no1!

arrrrgh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages arrrrgh

That panda, with its giant head and features scrunched in the bottom, reminds of the girl in the Prickly City comic strip.

jebalaya

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jebalaya
JoeDeeDee wrote:

PURE. EFFING. WIN.

lifevirusx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lifevirusx

I probably looked at the thumbnail about 10 times til I realized it was a panda
Looked like 2 ninjas shaking hands in front of a keyhole or something

evillittlekiwi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evillittlekiwi

Go panda go! Might beat out the fat unicorn as my favourite woot shirt!

bjami001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjami001
dravack wrote:Is it just me or do people see more than the panda? like a skull, two people holding hands, etc..

i think im going crazy XD

I couldn't figure out what the hell I was looking at for a good two minutes. I could only see two really messed up ostriches.

Danwahoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Danwahoo

Can we get this shirt on a 2nd chance somewhere?

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
Danwahoo wrote:Can we get this shirt on a 2nd chance somewhere?

That's what I was wondering. Hell, I'd even be willing to pay $15 and wait until tomorrow. If only there was a way...If only...

thezukes

quality posts: 8 Private Messages thezukes
DoublEE wrote:That's what I was wondering. Hell, I'd even be willing to pay $15 and wait until tomorrow. If only there was a way...If only...

You might even be able to buy it for $10, if there were a $5 coupon code you could use....

In the words of Gob Bluth... "COME ON"

(PS: I would love it if I could buy it now for tomorrow's price)

There is no "I" in "Ayatolla."

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Danwahoo wrote:Can we get this shirt on a 2nd chance somewhere?

WHAT'S THIS, YOU SAY? THIS SHIRT WILL BE FOR SALE AGAIN--HERE, AT $15--STARTING AUGUST 21 AT 12.01am? WOAH!!!!

AND, WOW, EVERY SHIRT CONTINUES TO BE SOLD AFTER ITS FIRST DAY, UNTIL ITS RECKONING? AND THEN YOU'RE GOING TO TELL ME THAT, SELLOUT OR NOT, YOU CAN ALWAYS BUY A SHIRT THE DAY AFTER ITS INITIAL SALE, THROUGH AT LEAST A WEEK? GET.OUT.OF.HERE. NOWAIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
lifevirusx wrote:I probably looked at the thumbnail about 10 times til I realized it was a panda
Looked like 2 ninjas shaking hands in front of a keyhole or something

I've seen a few comments like that and at first I didn't get it at all because I saw the panda right away but after a closer look, I think I see what people mean:

DoublEE

goldenthorn wrote:WHAT'S THIS, YOU SAY? THIS SHIRT WILL BE FOR SALE AGAIN--HERE, AT $15--STARTING AUGUST 21 AT 12.01am? WOAH!!!!

AND, WOW, EVERY SHIRT CONTINUES TO BE SOLD AFTER ITS FIRST DAY, UNTIL ITS RECKONING? AND THEN YOU'RE GOING TO TELL ME THAT, SELLOUT OR NOT, YOU CAN ALWAYS BUY A SHIRT THE DAY AFTER ITS INITIAL SALE, THROUGH AT LEAST A WEEK? GET.OUT.OF.HERE. NOWAIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!

This is great but you really shouldn't keep this a secret.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Josephus wrote:
Oh, and I can't wait for the pucker-printing derby! What a terrific day that'll be!

I agreed with everything in your post - but most especially this!

Long live the pucker! (and hopefully it'll win someday soon!)

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
AdderXYU wrote:But it does make it first.

Toss something out there. Give a reason this has any value. Talk about the artwork, not the fact that you want one. What is it about this design that makes it better? I see worse execution, poor color choices (it will never be visible), incredibly questionable decisions (no color in the head?), and nothing which stands out. The other design isn't exactly exciting either, but this has nothing extra to recommend it, plenty of flaws, and was done years after a tee that no one in the shirt biz shouldn't be 100% aware of. Is it a rip-off? Arguable. But it's not original and definitely similar to another very classic, very well known tee, and I don't see any superior design choices made to justify this one existing.

I just recently received "The Umbrellas" and the black shows up just fine on asphalt. It will show up just fine on this shirt as well, especially since they are large black areas. Adder, you should know that the black is only invisible/prone to disappearing when it is stupidly thin or intricate lines, like in a certain text design that's been sitting on the charts for ages.

As far as the lack of colour in the face - it's shadow. The sun is behind the panda. It's basically a stylized silhouette, and I think it works pretty well.

I think the concept is a bit close to Threadless' but I can see enough differences to give it a clear pass. I'm not so active nowadays, but I remember shirts in the past that you praised (or were at least indifferent to) that had much just as much similarity to another existing design as this one has to Threadless'.

Congrats on your print and the sell-out, no1. I think it's a good one.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

tinagurl1990

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinagurl1990

Aw... bummer I missed out on this shirt. It's so cute too.... Damn you work...

Edit* oh wait i can get it at $15 XD nvmmm

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp

Looks like it's still selling pretty good on the second-chance link. Early pace is about one per minute.

Way to go No1!

JoeDeeDee

thewronggrape wrote:Love it!

jebalaya wrote:PURE. EFFING. WIN.

Thanks!

fftkrazee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fftkrazee

The execution could be a bit better but it's a funny shirt regardless. Congrats.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
fftkrazee wrote:The execution could be a bit better but it's a funny shirt regardless. Congrats.

thanks everyone who made at least somewhat positive comments on this design. i'm kind of leery of reading every comment right now, but this quote, currently the latest, kind of sums up my own opinion of my design.

thanks again!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

eHalcyon wrote:I just recently received "The Umbrellas" and the black shows up just fine on asphalt. It will show up just fine on this shirt as well, especially since they are large black areas. Adder, you should know that the black is only invisible/prone to disappearing when it is stupidly thin or intricate lines, like in a certain text design that's been sitting on the charts for ages.

As far as the lack of colour in the face - it's shadow. The sun is behind the panda. It's basically a stylized silhouette, and I think it works pretty well.

I think the concept is a bit close to Threadless' but I can see enough differences to give it a clear pass. I'm not so active nowadays, but I remember shirts in the past that you praised (or were at least indifferent to) that had much just as much similarity to another existing design as this one has to Threadless'.

Congrats on your print and the sell-out, no1. I think it's a good one.

I haven't seen you in awhile. I was wearing your turtle shirt today! Still one of my favorites.

OK, that isn't true, it was my son's turtle shirt, because he didn't put his clothes away. Besides I lost a little weight and now his M fit better than my old L.

We both have one. It is still in his wear rotation too!

Don't worry mr1, I got both a M and a L Panda for myself. I'm covered for all weights.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

toasterface

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toasterface
no1 wrote:thanks everyone who made at least somewhat positive comments on this design. i'm kind of leery of reading every comment right now, but this quote, currently the latest, kind of sums up my own opinion of my design.

thanks again!

I absolutely ADORE this shirt. Excellent job, I do say.

DoublEE

no1 wrote:thanks everyone who made at least somewhat positive comments on this design. i'm kind of leery of reading every comment right now, but this quote, currently the latest, kind of sums up my own opinion of my design.

thanks again!

Don't worry about the few vocal upitty know-it-alls. People obviously enjoyed it enough to quickly sell it out and continue to buy it through the reckoning. It's not always about execution. Feel good about a job well done. When Eeyore and his little sidekick Robin start getting their collective panties in a bunch you know you did something right.

80verna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 80verna

Hey No1

I love this shirt, it appeals to me on every level! I personally think Calvin (Hobbes' boy!) is inside the panda suit wreaking his own brand of havoc.
BTW I looked up the other shirt...
themes are similar but execution is totally different.

PS Like Howard Jones much??

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
80verna wrote:Hey No1

I love this shirt, it appeals to me on every level! I personally think Calvin (Hobbes' boy!) is inside the panda suit wreaking his own brand of havoc.
BTW I looked up the other shirt...
themes are similar but execution is totally different.

thanks. it is appreciated muchly.

80verna wrote:PS Like Howard Jones much??

as a matter of fact, i love this song.

ls353759

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ls353759

is there any other place to buy this shirt? I want it so bad but I missed it...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ls353759 wrote:is there any other place to buy this shirt? I want it so bad but I missed it...

Sure! Right here.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hmerwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmerwin
ls353759 wrote:is there any other place to buy this shirt? I want it so bad but I missed it...

Please go to our Reckoning page.

bugzappers2112

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bugzappers2112

well mine arrived last week. I paid the 5$ for shipping. and WE ALL LOVE IT. the kids figured it out immediately. So if you saw two ninja or whatever in front of a keyhole.... my children saw the panda right off... They named it PANZILLA....... I told them pandamonium... but panzilla it is in this house...

You can Woot! if you want to, you can leave Amazon behind, because if you don't buy the Woot! from the real Woot!, then you're, no friend of mine. Say we can Woot!, we can Woot!, they're doing it from home to home.

bugzappers2112

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bugzappers2112

I might be in for 3 more.. AT 15 dollars and 5 shipping... :-PPPPPPPPPPPP

You can Woot! if you want to, you can leave Amazon behind, because if you don't buy the Woot! from the real Woot!, then you're, no friend of mine. Say we can Woot!, we can Woot!, they're doing it from home to home.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
dontwantaname wrote:I haven't seen you in awhile. I was wearing your turtle shirt today! Still one of my favorites.

OK, that isn't true, it was my son's turtle shirt, because he didn't put his clothes away. Besides I lost a little weight and now his M fit better than my old L.

We both have one. It is still in his wear rotation too!

Don't worry mr1, I got both a M and a L Panda for myself. I'm covered for all weights.

I don't even lurk anymore! Sometimes I actually forget to check shirt.woot... it's sad.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

gwp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwp

I'm still waiting for my Smartpost tracking to be updated to something with an actual verb in it. It doesn't seem to have moved an inch yet. Estimated delivery is the 4th though.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

What the ballls?! Where's my friggin' tracking info already??!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

JBOYYY

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JBOYYY

IF IT TAKES 2 WEEKS TO GET A SHIRT, THIS WILL PROBABLY BE THE LAST TIME I ORDER FROM SHIRT.WOOT. AND, I STILL DON'T HAVE CONFIRMATION THAT IT HAS EVEN SHIPPED.