chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

I hope this hangs around in the reckoning a bit! The other day bought a Draxx/Debris T (the apocalypse one), and I'm not prepared to go on a "shopping spree."

I was always sad that this one didn't get the votes it deserved. So glad it made its way up here!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
chumpmagic wrote:I hope this hangs around in the reckoning a bit! The other day bought a Draxx/Debris T (the apocalypse one), and I'm not prepared to go on a "shopping spree."

I was always sad that this one didn't get the votes it deserved. So glad it made its way up here!

It'll be on sale for almost two weeks, for sure. It'll be immune til monday, and reckon at earliest the next monday.

Just realize, however, that an artistic shirt will almost never make it past their first possible reckoning. As stunning as the art is on this, I'd be shocked, though happy, if this sells over 1500

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Got to use one of my HM codes. Was hoping for this. Congrats man!

enjoystees

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enjoystees

I couldn't resist... but my closet seems to be filling with asphalt tees.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Great choice. This really stands out on Teemagnet today too, with the strong artsy colors and brushstrokes.

Tomorrow: Robbie's wave or I shall eat my hat. And I would have to buy a hat specially for the occasion, so don't disappoint me Woot!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

this shirt will be the perfect companion to a night out with friends. And it will also double as the perfect sleepshirt, so when I get home I won't have to change clothes

thank you w00t! and thank you Chris!

ruf1o

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ruf1o

Why Are Sunsets and Sunrises Red?(or purple?)

Let's go Duke!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

I'm so happy for you my friend cmdixon2! Its an amazing, wearable and cools shirt!

Excellent choice!

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE

Thanks for throwing Eeyore and Robin a bone, woot-staffers. It's been a rough week for the little fells and they needed this one. Robin is running around posting like it's Christmas morning. Of course Eeyore could only maintain his joy for a sentence before spiraling back down into his pit of gloom.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

Yay! Good choice!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

I'm a little creeped out by the write-up; don't want to think of a city as alive in quite that amount of detail.
But, excellent choice, Woot! Congrats - cmdixon2. I too, am a fan, with at least 3 of your prints in my closet.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

My first EC! Thanks woot! This is my wife's favorite so she's especially excited to see this one print.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

spinachwrap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spinachwrap

...But we're (humans, animals) eukaryotes too. Eukaryotes are predominantly multicellular and encompass all life except for bacteria and archaea, the prokaryotes (as someone else mentioned).

Augh so groggy.

Must drag self away to teach freshmen biology, excuse the nerding.

I love this shirt forever.

skenneldogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skenneldogs
heywanderlust wrote:So glad this printed, automatic buy. If this design had been looked over yet again, I would have had to seriously question my woot loyalty.

I'm in total agreement- this shirt was too cool to have been passed up twice by voters; if Woot had passed it up too I'd have lost my faith! I doubt they'll ever make up for not HMing Shark Tank but this is a start.

In for one.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

clap clap clapclapclap clapclapclapclap - let's go.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

I love this tee! Congrats on your print, Dixon!!

EssenGrabow

quality posts: 3 Private Messages EssenGrabow

Am I the only one to see one hand painting, and the other hand picking a buildings nose?

sainyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sainyan

I love this design. I would buy it immediately if I loved how the woot tees fit.

jaylinb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaylinb

What's that giant finger outside my window?!!? Agh!

Seriously though, this is the first shirt in a long while that I would buy.

ZandersZa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ZandersZa

Finally some EC love for Chris. Soon enough I'll be able to divide up my closet between cmdixon prints and everything else. Not necessarily a bad thing (although the cmdixon side is decidedly dark in color...)

Congrats on the print.

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind
DoublEE wrote:Thanks for throwing Eeyore and Robin a bone, woot-staffers. It's been a rough week for the little fells and they needed this one. Robin is running around posting like it's Christmas morning. Of course Eeyore could only maintain his joy for a sentence before spiraling back down into his pit of gloom.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I know, because nobody at woot could like a shirt where there isn't a joke to get and it's a little bit artsy, right?

/sarcasm

Gratz on the print! I'm looking forward to wearing it.

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx

Wanted this in the original derby, glad it's being printed.

tomcall

quality posts: 102 Private Messages tomcall

Does anybody else see "Starry Night" when they look at this?

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

whle I love the colors on this print.I have no idea whats going on, and seems like a kids shirt at best. but, I was a good deal better than what woot employees could pick for a daily.

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art
tomcall wrote:Does anybody else see "Starry Night" when they look at this?

definitely!
congrats on the print

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

Tlatzeotl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tlatzeotl

I took one look at this shirt and thought of the St. Louis skyline, with the big ole arch in the background. Its amusing to think of the arch pulling one of its ends out of the ground and doing a quick city touch-up job while the traffic passes obliviously by. I must haaave eeet!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
AdderXYU wrote:It'll be on sale for almost two weeks, for sure. It'll be immune til monday, and reckon at earliest the next monday.

Just realize, however, that an artistic shirt will almost never make it past their first possible reckoning. As stunning as the art is on this, I'd be shocked, though happy, if this sells over 1500

Good to know. Thanks for the information!

rayray099

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rayray099
sainyan wrote:I love this design. I would buy it immediately if I loved how the woot tees fit.

Agreed, I'd love them more if they were more of a babydoll fit for girls. Tees just aren't that flattering. I've been teaching myself to cut and re-sew them. Granted I have no clue what I'm doing, but eHow usually has decent directions. Sometimes I make them into tanks, cut strips, add rinestones, buttons, lace... just depends on the theme. Once I cut the pic off and sewed it on a messenger bag, another time onto an existing top. Great way to embrace the artists' work!

bradfo73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradfo73

chuckles...actually prokaryotes are single celled. Eukaroyotes are multicellular. Good try, though.

jxchen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jxchen
DoublEE wrote:we still have to endure a self-righteous and long-winded diatribe.

From my personal experience in life, those who talk the most about any given subject usually know the least about it.

Great looking design. It's sure to be an eye-catcher, even to those who don't necessarily appreciate art in the everyday world.

emeraldchickpea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emeraldchickpea
Usedtabe wrote:Even though I don't have much expendable money, I had to buy this so I can support when great art gets printed over stupid cuteness.

I love it and am in for 1 myself.

emeraldchickpea

PixelPants wrote:Now I understand why the city never sleeps.
This is the sort of design I stick around Woot to see printed. This is the 3rd cmdixon shirt I'll be picking up out of 4 woots.

As someone said in another thread, I'd love to have a link to see what other prints a designer has had. What are the others you have of his?

emeraldchickpea

AdderXYU wrote:It'll be on sale for almost two weeks, for sure. It'll be immune til monday, and reckon at earliest the next monday.

I bought one. :-)

emeraldchickpea

Spiritgreen wrote:Great choice. This really stands out on Teemagnet today too, with the strong artsy colors and brushstrokes.

Tomorrow: Robbie's wave or I shall eat my hat. And I would have to buy a hat specially for the occasion, so don't disappoint me Woot!

Which one is/was that design? I'm not sure I recognize it by that description.

emeraldchickpea

EssenGrabow wrote:Am I the only one to see one hand painting, and the other hand picking a buildings nose?

LOL

I prefer to see it as he's pointing out "paint HERE next!"

murraymullet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages murraymullet

Love the colors! Congrats on the print!

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung

Yeah im so glad this printed. def in 4 one

greenhat66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenhat66

I would have bought this shirt in a nanosecond but for the graphic editorializing. I love the colors, the buildings - they are enough for me.

goobersnot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goobersnot
bradfo73 wrote:chuckles...actually prokaryotes are single celled. Eukaroyotes are multicellular. Good try, though.

Well except for yeast. Nice try, though.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

Lovely. Almost bought earlier . . . but there's a few other ECs I'm holding out for. Congrats, Chris: it's beautiful work