be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
Re: That Has to Hurt

That's cute but I think I would have called it "Don't laugh, you're next!"

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
Re: Darwin's Data

did you do all that sketch in a graphics program or did you pen/pencil and paper it first?

No. Yes.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Taco Math

You guys making me hungry again. All these taco shirts give me a fierce want for some tacos, but sadly all I have is taco bell, or a restaurant called Chevy's, and I'm tired of them. I want REAL tacos.

Anyways man, I really like the meat clever character and the overall concept.

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
spookynutz wrote:It'll never happen, but I wish Woot! would change their policy so that voting on a shirt means that you automatically get billed for any shirts you vote on that prints.

I've liked two or three of ramyb/sekioyawhatever's shirts (own one), but the rest tend to be sub-par artwork without a lot of thought to the concept. Just my opinion. I've also watched controversy abound as mediocre shirt after mediocre shirt of theirs gets upvoted into the fog over some truly good-looking, well-thought-out designs.

The same happens with other artists as well, which is why I haven't purchased a shirt from this site in a long time: too much favoritism, not enough originality. If people were committing to pay for a shirt they voted on, we'd see a lot less favoritism, I'm sure.

The point I tried to make before Spook!
I like this one, especially the humans in the cage! Fantastic job on this!

forstycup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forstycup
Re: Curiosity Kills V2

Very cool design. I agree that this 'darker' version captures more of the mood that I originally felt from the design from the pre-derby thread.

My only question is where did the knife silhouette wander off to?

+1 anyway. Good luck!

Drakxxx

CrescentDebris wrote:This is pretty fantastic!

I agree, and not just because my buddy CD thinks so.

Amazing idea and otterific execution.

sgreenip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgreenip
Re: Nuclear Power/Energy

My conjecture may be off on this one. I’ll have wait until the test results come in to see if this experiment has any merit and can move forward.

karinaoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karinaoi
Re: The Science of Twenty Sided Dice

I have posted this to my facebook in an attempt to get more people to vote for it! I must have it... and so do several other people I know that I'd probably order it for!

Be the change you want to see in the world.
~ Gandhi

Drakxxx

Re: Little Scientist

Great character!

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

I love when ramyb does these shirts. It always feels nice to stop into walmart and buy your clothes especially original ones that are well made and very stylish. I feel really confident in these stylish, impressive, clever shirts.

Drakxxx

Re: Donuts are Devils Riding Unicorns

Delicious evil will dominate all 4 food groups!

Creative beyond compare as usual sir.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Feline Intelligence

Aside from the fact that cheezburgrz are done to death on the intertubes, I really do like the composition of this shirt. It draws the eye well - first to the pianos, then the inset cat, then the cheseburger (after wondering PWND! the cat is looking at), then the finished stack of pianos. Nice job with a single color, and the golden yellow is great on black. Well done, well done. I would buy it (mostly because I used to own a black cat who was FAR to sly for her own good).

On the other hand, I'm not sure I see what it has to do with the scientific method, so seems off-topic to me.

EDIT: I love the comment filter... who knew that w t f was spelled PWND!?

mafromm93

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mafromm93
Darquis wrote:While what you say is true, a design with a cat has a much higher propensity to be fogged.

Moreover, I don't see the scientific method demonstrated in this design.

Most shirts submitted fail to display the scientific method, most of the shirts currently in the fog fail to do this actually. That being said this one is somewhat pathetically one of the shirts closest to actually demonstrating the scientific method (assume somebody put the cat in the room to see what it would do).

Also, I do appreciate the attempt at making the i can haz cheezburger reference a little more subtle. It's not as in your face as say sabertooth can haz cheezburger.

Coggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coggle

This really looks nice! Reminds me of a Calvin Harris music video I saw awhile back.

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
karinaoi wrote:I have posted this to my facebook in an attempt to get more people to vote for it! I must have it... and so do several other people I know that I'd probably order it for!

your support is greatly appreciated!

runnerfrog13

Lagbert wrote:
- the same results could be found with the much simpler equation Angle of Taco Shell/360 * 4/3 * pi * r^3

OoOooooon the other hand... his integral will find the volume of the taco at any point of being filled - half full, 1/8 full, completely full, etc - because it's assuming that the radius is changing as you fill it up. The formula above would be for a (deliciously) completely full taco sheell

runnerfrog13

mafromm93 wrote:Most shirts submitted fail to display the scientific method, most of the shirts currently in the fog fail to do this actually. That being said this one is somewhat pathetically one of the shirts closest to actually demonstrating the scientific method (assume somebody put the cat in the room to see what it would do).

Also, I do appreciate the attempt at making the i can haz cheezburger reference a little more subtle. It's not as in your face as say sabertooth can haz cheezburger.

Agreed on both counts, it's nice the cheezburger reference is pretty subtle.

This shirt does remind me of the theory of Schroedinger's Cat... sortof. I mean, put a cat in a box and you can't check on him, is the cat alive or dead? Put a cat in a room... what will he do? (Though I always felt like Schroedinger's Cat was making fun of science using philosophy, myself....)

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: 5 Second Rule

So clever!

parrotworks

Re: Cellular Technology

Nice idea but you'll probably get canned for text. Good work though.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

Excellent idea using the salt-scatter to show that the pretzel was freshly dropped.

eburgeson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eburgeson
Re: The Price of Progress

This shirt gives me the feel of X Files combined with Twilight Zone and a little bit of The Great Gatsby. +1. :-)

parrotworks

mjc613 wrote:It's a Star Trek reference, but I do not see the theme here. Where is the methodology?

In all fairness, do you see the theme anywhere?

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Little Scientist

Hi Super-Kate, Just in time for Halloween!!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

smirksy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smirksy
Re: Free Fall Test

Aww...one of my favorite parts of the book (LIES!!! The whole book is my favorite part of the book!!!). Anyway, one of the more thoughtful t-shirt odes to H2G2.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
mafromm93 wrote:Most shirts submitted fail to display the scientific method, most of the shirts currently in the fog fail to do this actually. That being said this one is somewhat pathetically one of the shirts closest to actually demonstrating the scientific method (assume somebody put the cat in the room to see what it would do).

I do agree that most of the fog is lacking, and that this is closer than most entries..I guess I'm just once again disappointed by a science derby not having much to do with science.

murraymullet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages murraymullet
Re: Cellular Technology

Great work steve!

EradicateReality

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EradicateReality
chumpmagic wrote:This version includes all the suggestion / feedback from the pre thread (I think it's all... may have missed something) . I will be deleting one of these before the 24 hours is up, so speak up if you prefer on over the other.

I'm new to the "derby" but I LOVE and want your shirt so much! The black is a GREAT improvement but the blue already has 40 votes! Will they combine the votes for the black and the blue if you pull one (I mean they really are the same design). It would be awful to lose all those points because you improved it...

Anyway, I hope I get to buy this shirt-- I love it so much! Great work!

SnowQueenVT

Re: Chemistry

What a great play on words!

SnowQueenVT

Re: The Impatient Aviator

Totally adorable.

SnowQueenVT

Re: Free Fall Test

Wow! I learned something! Thank you Diana, cool!

SnowQueenVT

Re: Extreme Makeover

Funny, and beautifully done.

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
Darquis wrote:I do agree that most of the fog is lacking, and that this is closer than most entries..I guess I'm just once again disappointed by a science derby not having much to do with science.

To be fair, woot did basically say that all you have to do to be on theme is slap something related to science on anything and offer a 1ame segue.

SnowQueenVT

Re: Taco Math

This is fabulous. It's really polished.

ShelbyLyn122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShelbyLyn122
Re: Order of Operations

This is great! It would compliment my S'morse Code shirt nicely.

SnowQueenVT

Beautifully done and I love the characters, they are stars!

EngineDriver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EngineDriver
capedcrusader514 wrote:I love when ramyb does these shirts. It always feels nice to stop into walmart and buy your clothes especially original ones that are well made and very stylish. I feel really confident in these stylish, impressive, clever shirts.

Just wanted to echo this sentiment.

SnowQueenVT

Re: Curiosity Kills

This makes me glad I didn't have a brother!

Love the artwork and the girl in the doorway ... ominous , I love it!

SnowQueenVT

Re: Galileo has Cojones

I love this , especially the look on that basketballs face, like he knows he's gonna bounce!

SnowQueenVT

Re: OOPS!

I like this version best... but both are great. Makes the point, fast too.

SnowQueenVT

Re: Mother Earth Chemistry Set

Magical and pretty.