Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
frik wrote:did you do all that sketch in a graphics program or did you pen/pencil and paper it first?

strictly pencil on paper. then scanned.

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite
ephemeralace wrote:So I love this shirt...but I don't know...the pretzel reminds me of poop with sprinkles 0_0

is this all pretzels? or just the shirt?

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
murraymullet wrote:Music + Nature = otterific

please resub this in something where it will print it is so otterific!!!

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
bassanimation wrote:Ohhh otterific! I had an idea based on the magic vs science thing too. Alas, freakin Father Time is kicking me in the sternum this weekend.

Love this, Radio! +1

This design does not work, you should submit yours.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Making a Friend

Aw, it's cute!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
Re: Made of carbon

on black

SnowQueenVT

Re: The Price of Progress

This is way out, and I love it. The guys head is just photons or something!

SnowQueenVT

Re: High School Scientific Method

Thats funny!

SnowQueenVT

Re: Anomalous Result

Such a great idea and well expressed! Love all the cats and the calm way those scientists are dropping them!

Cantatus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Cantatus

Glad to see this submitted. I voted for the darker version.

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
Re: Random Science

A little bit of this, a little bit of that, mix and voila! Um, who knows?

No. Yes.

kimvy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimvy
kylemittskus wrote: Zarfus wrote:I'll be honest, I don't even like this shirt. I like his lab rat one (perhaps getting even more flame...). But people only complain about off topic about ramy.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=45624
I don't think this is anymore ON topic...(nothing against Walmazan...his designs are wonderful)

It just seems like people whine too much about ramy's stuff--it gets annoying. I felt like chiming in this week to support him a little, especially because it feels like nobody else does.

Darquis wrote:Oh wow, this is most excellently done. But how do you think it demonstrates the scientific method?

Check out the timing. Zarfus was first in his comments. It's unfair to apply what happens afterwards.

edkat873

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edkat873
Re: Dr. Badger made a Potion.

I super love this. It's like a combination of 80s cartoon and children's storybook style. Cute but in a funky way. Very imaginative. And muted colors -- GOOD CHOICE -- this is definitely a major point of sale for me. I want it!!

solz22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages solz22
Re: Nature's Menage a Trois

I had this idea while I was at work, and I'm excited to finally put it up. hope u guys enjoy

Vote for me! <3 thanks

Cantatus

Regarding the shirt, shouldn't the green light on the mouse be blue? The only thing I can figure out the light is coming from is the beaker filled with blue to his left.

spookynutz wrote:It'll never happen, but I wish Woot! would change their policy so that voting on a shirt means that you automatically get billed for any shirts you vote on that prints.

The problem with this is it would have the potential to be very discouraging to new designers who might not normally get votes. Personally, if there is a design I like, but not necessarily enough to wear or buy, I'll still throw it a vote. I want the designer to come back and continue to submit things, because they will get better as time goes on.

Cantatus

Darquis wrote:I wouldn't use the words adder uses, but some of the sentiment is shared: if this weren't a reference to HHG, would people like it and be voting on it?

I'll be honest and say I wouldn't. The shirt amuses me because it is a reference to one of my favorite parts in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

However, I'm not exactly sure why that's a bad thing. The context is part of the design, so changing that is going to change what people think about it. To me, it'd be the same thing as asking "Would you vote for this shirt if it used a frog instead of a teddy bear?"

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
Cantatus wrote:I'll be honest and say I wouldn't. The shirt amuses me because it is a reference to one of my favorite parts in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

However, I'm not exactly sure why that's a bad thing. The context is part of the design, so changing that is going to change what people think about it. To me, it'd be the same thing as asking "Would you vote for this shirt if it used a frog instead of a teddy bear?"

Apples and Oranges... A frog wouldn't make sense. The point of that shirt is that the boy stole his sister's teddy to cut it up and she's mad.

This shirt is basing its appeal on a reference to a popular series of books. If you replaced the whale and bowl of petunias with something else that had no pop culture reference, there would be a lot less votes, but it would still make perfect sense and fit the theme.

solz22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages solz22
Re: Nature's Menage a Trois ver. 2

added a background effect, so we'll see which people prefer.

enjoy guys

Vote for me! <3 thanks

misrymonky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages misrymonky
Re: 5 Second Rule

love it!

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
Re: Curiosity Kills V2

The darker one definitely conveys the mood of the image better. Great job!

misrymonky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages misrymonky

+1

excellent

ronzalone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ronzalone
Re: Made of carbon

This looks really neat. I feel like it might look a little better on the left side of the shirt. Just my opinion though.

Jackemmenjaser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jackemmenjaser
Jackemmenjaser wrote:Random comment. (This posted to the wrong shirt and it wont let me delete it)

Apparently I'm just plain balderee, because it did post in the right place, just sent me to a different page...yatta yatta.

It was SUPPOSED to say: "The greatest sign that you are ahead of the game is that people despise you."

Looks like I'm trailing here. x.x

ronzalone

Re: OOPS i did it again!

I like this, though it may be my fondness for mushroom clouds :P. Really good, especially for a track pad.

ronzalone

Definitely think this one fits the mood better. +1

ronzalone

Re: The Price of Progress

I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but it looks really well done! +1

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee

Some close ups:

All of the equations are real equations. This is 6 colors on red.

ronzalone

Re: Galileo has Cojones

I like your style, styles. It seems to improve each derby that I've seen. Keep it up.
As far as this shirt goes, I like it. The tower gives helps bring it together and the faces are priceless. Quite wearable. +1

melsmore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melsmore

My vote is for this one. Definitely better than the blue, gives it a better mood.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26

I love it. I would buy it for my kid, no doubt.

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007

Some people say that tests have shown it actually takes closer to 30 seconds before bacteria (or whatever) get to dropped food. My response is always something like, "What if it falls in a puddle of urine?" I don't know why someone would be eating anything over a puddle of urine, but that's beside the point. The point is, after all that, I follow the 5 second rule. The execution here is amazing!

threeonefour

quality posts: 0 Private Messages threeonefour
mindputtee wrote:
All of the equations are real equations.

That fact alone makes this shirt 10x more otterific than anything I currently own. Put me down for two.

mrscat206

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrscat206
Re: High School Scientific Method

Ohmydeargoodness this was my high school chem class to a T - my lab partners spent the whole lab melting pens in the bunsen burner then wondered why our results came out wrong *sigh*

otterific shirt.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
Re: Dr. Badger made a Potion.

Fantastic! And Nicely done with the animals... I think your animal shirts will do well I'm really hoping that your sabertooth shirt will get an HM!

Also... I think you could totally re-work the colors to make a night version as well- I love this one, but I'm wondering if it would look cool in nighttime colors too! Just an idea :P

P.S. FANTASTIC THUBNAIL! :D

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Cantatus wrote:
The problem with this is it would have the potential to be very discouraging to new designers who might not normally get votes. Personally, if there is a design I like, but not necessarily enough to wear or buy, I'll still throw it a vote. I want the designer to come back and continue to submit things, because they will get better as time goes on.

Precisely. There have been many designs that I wouldn't want to wear, but that I think deserved a print because they were great designs. If anything, tying purchases to votes would hamper the ability of many quality designs to get votes.

Trying to shoehorn voters with convoluted voting regulations won't improve the quality of Derby prints. As long as it's a straightforward public vote, the lowest common denominator will, more often than not, rise to the top (winners like today's Drakxxx print notwithstanding). The best way to improve derby prints is to have more editor's picks, either by Adder's suggestion, or at least with more EC's. Woot has occasionally had EC's after the usual four that print post-Double Take. I wish they'd do that more often. Far more often.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Re: Galileo has Cojones

SnowQueenVT wrote:I love this , especially the look on that basketballs face, like he knows he's gonna bounce!

ronzalone wrote:I like your style, styles. It seems to improve each derby that I've seen. Keep it up.
As far as this shirt goes, I like it. The tower gives helps bring it together and the faces are priceless. Quite wearable. +1

Thanks, you two. I really do appreciate your encouragement. This derby just has some serious talent in it producing some amazing designs.
I just need to stretch my imagination a little more and add elements that others would like to wear.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Cantatus wrote:I'll be honest and say I wouldn't. The shirt amuses me because it is a reference to one of my favorite parts in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I agree.
And although we had similar ideas in our designs, I really do have to give you kudos for yours. Your execution is loads better, and I'm envious that you were able to incorporate the reference from a stellar piece of literature.
Plus the feather and hammer reference from the Apollo 15 moon landing. Nobody else mentioned that for some reason.

ruffleshaveridges

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruffleshaveridges
Re: Order of Operations

you made me smile. +1

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr
Re: Conclusion: An Edgy 'Do Scores Chicks

Love it--great twist on the scientific method. May all experiments end so happily-ever-after!