cynic11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cynic11
Re: The Freshmaker Theory

Finally, a way to see the true power of mixing that distinctive little mint and a diet soda...

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: Free Fall Test

"Free Fall Test"

In a vacuum, all bodies accelerate at the same rate. This is true regardless of the mass or composition of the body.

So here are a few items that we are testing this theory on...

6 colors on Asphalt.

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: Taco Math

Nice job! I like how you've muted the colors relative to your posts in the preview thread.

I'm torn about the mathematical equation:
+ complex integral looks cool
- the same results could be found with the much simpler equation Angle of Taco Shell/360 * 4/3 * pi * r^3

Good Luck!

EdCase

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EdCase

Best Pucker shirt to date.

hollywoodjane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hollywoodjane
DianaSprinkle wrote:"Free Fall Test"

In a vacuum, all bodies accelerate at the same rate. This is true regardless of the mass or composition of the body.

6 colors on Asphalt.

Hitchhiker's Guide reference FTW!

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Re: Donuts are Devils Riding Unicorns

otterific t! (get it? double entendre? nevermind)

i have gotten a few tee truck bags also!

Happy Beer.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
DianaSprinkle wrote:"Free Fall Test"

6 colors on Asphalt.

Looks like we had similar ideas.
You did yours well, and even managed a THHGTTG reference too. Good on ya.

Lagbert

Re: The Impatient Aviator

This is really fun! Definitely got my vote!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
midgerock wrote:The illustration alone deserves a vote! well done. I saw your pencils in the thread and was blown away by it. Great job!

:^D

thanks much. maybe there's a place for a less jokey design...

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

Whoa those green outlines are sick. Green + asphalt = epic.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Hahaha otterific! I think it would stand out better on a brighter color like kelly , royal or even cranberry something (with a bg switch of course), but still - really great

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Re: The Science of Twenty Sided Dice

Top formula is the basic Probability of rolling a 20 sided dice (using a binomial coefficient)

The bottom formula is the basic probability (simplified) if rolling a double 20... (1 in 400)

Lagbert

Re: Repeatable Results

Fun paper cut out style! Neat concept! Only criticism is the sticks don't show up well on my screen - could you have used a lighter color?

keemo0102

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keemo0102
Re: curiosity killed the cat

the cat decided to do some "experimenting" of its own, if you catch my drift.

(yes! finally finished one before the derby started!)

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
sTyLeS wrote:Looks like we had similar ideas.
You did yours well, and even managed a THHGTTG reference too. Good on ya.

I so wanted to do this shirt for the Physics derby but ran out of time back then.

hollywoodjane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hollywoodjane
BootsBoots wrote:Old School Theory

Looking at my design now, I'm not sure if it's clear that the monkey with the box is BETTER than all the things that have come after it. These things will never be equal to his greatness. It seems obvious to me though. Nothing's better than a dancing monkey in a little vest.

Well, what if it were "<" symbols instead of "=/="? Because I admit, I was a little confused by 'doesn't equal,' though I love the concept.

sgreenip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgreenip
Re: Scientific Methodology of: Peanut Butter

Someone told me to draw something cute for the derby and so I drew this for her. She liked it.

P.S. My apologies go out to Bobes. Who has a peanut allergy. I hope this shirt doesn't get you sick.

justpitch16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justpitch16
Re: Test Tube Baby

I LOVE this shirt!!! Great Job!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
hollywoodjane wrote:Well, what if it were "<" symbols instead of "=/="? Because I admit, I was a little confused by 'doesn't equal,' though I love the concept.

I was just thinking that. I think maybe I'll rework it a bit.

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
Re: It's Totally Science

When you are on my submission page, it appears that there are three dogs staring right back at you. How can you not vote for me and this puppy?
It is so cute. and cute sells.

No. Yes.

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
hollywoodjane wrote:Well, what if it were "<" symbols instead of "=/="? Because I admit, I was a little confused by 'doesn't equal,' though I love the concept.

I agree here. I would totally vote for it and buy it if there were a "<" sign. As it is, it just seems kinda obvious. "Of course a monkey is not the same thing as an ipod..."

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Impatient Aviator

Thank you!

Btw, the equation is for calculating the lift coeffecient of a flying object. :^)

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
Lagbert wrote:Fun paper cut out style! Neat concept! Only criticism is the sticks don't show up well on my screen - could you have used a lighter color?

Yes, I tried. I just couldn't get everything to work together with only six colors. I could have halftoned something, but i have no idea how to do that. The sticks didn't make any sense as yellow or white or red, and the lines on the mouth didn't make sense as anything light enough to have been the sticks. I even tried different shirt colors but couldn't ever get a good combo...just needed one more color option!! ;)

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

IMO, this is both your best idea and your best executed shirt. The colors are spot on, the details are fantastic, and the idea is perfect for any taco lover.

+1 from me.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

sogj

jasneko wrote:Funny idea, quite striking on navy and I like the textures and cut-out look. Great job!

BootsBoots wrote:Lol.

Spiritgreen wrote:And they say dolphins are the second most intelligent creatures on the planet.

^__^ Great design sogj! I could tell this was your's immediately from the thumbnail. Your colors & textures are very distinctive. GMV.

Thanks everybody!

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
Re: Galileo has Cojones

Nice expressions. Real nice job with another submission, glad to see you didn't give up with last week's disappointment.

No. Yes.

Spiritgreen

I started making a falling bowl of petunias shirt in the physics derby too! 'Oh no, not again'...

This puts an original spin on it of course. Great design Diana. ^_^

shinobamoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinobamoon
Re: Duck Beaver Science = .....oh my god..

I really like this idea as the Platypus is an interesting animal, but the images looked skewed, or out of shape as well as blurry. May work better on a colored shirt as well.

sogj

Oh, no, not again!! ;)

This is brilliant, GMV!

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: The Freshmaker Theory

The mints look like eggs

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
sogj wrote:Yes, I tried. I just couldn't get everything to work together with only six colors. I could have halftoned something, but i have no idea how to do that. The sticks didn't make any sense as yellow or white or red, and the lines on the mouth didn't make sense as anything light enough to have been the sticks. I even tried different shirt colors but couldn't ever get a good combo...just needed one more color option!! ;)

What you could do is make the mouth the shirt color underneath(navy is quite dark), and then have a lighter stick color. Just a thought

joshuajmasters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshuajmasters
Re: E=MC2 The Binary Einstein

When it comes to the scientific method, some formulas work best on a chalk board and others work best in a computer... but trying to combine them may prove to be a bit tedious.

No Gradients Used
3 colors on Kelly Green

White
Pantone 348
Pantone 362

Spiritgreen

Re: The Experiment: Happiness is...

This turned out really nice, jas'. All of that fine tuning was worth it. ^__^

sogj

jasneko wrote:What you could do is make the mouth the shirt color underneath(navy is quite dark), and then have a lighter stick color. Just a thought

Hm....maybe I should resub?

joshuajmasters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshuajmasters
Re: Enough! It's Break time!

“The scientific method takes forever! Can’t we just guess???? I can’t take these formulas anymore… I think it’s time for a break. Erase all that nonsense and let’s play.”

No Gradients Used
3 colors on Kelly Green

White
Pantone 348
Pantone 362

sogj

jasneko wrote:What you could do is make the mouth the shirt color underneath(navy is quite dark), and then have a lighter stick color. Just a thought

If you can't tell, I am not *actually* a designer. I just play one on Woot. ;)

thediscobiscuit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thediscobiscuit

I want one right now. otterific Job :thumbsup:

noblehappenstance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noblehappenstance
Re: An Experiment Gone Awry

Experts believe this was the true cause of the dinosaur extinction, they toyed with chemical reactions they were not yet ready to understand.

Rake This![/url]

Spiritgreen

Right, I agree, a bit of restraint on the colors and now it's exponentially more wearable. :^)

Cool design, 'roc! Gonna be popular!

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
shinobamoon wrote:I really like this idea as the Platypus is an interesting animal, but the images looked skewed, or out of shape as well as blurry. May work better on a colored shirt as well.

I'm not very good at resizing images @.@ It doesn't look that blurry on my psd

Would you kindly...