What a honey of a design!

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Zu Chongzhi's estimate

Great shirt for March 14

unstickytape

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unstickytape
Re: The Science of Twenty Sided Dice

I'm no DND buff, but this shirt is deliciously nerdy!

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: E=MC PI

There's no scientific method here, and the formula is wrong - MC

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
mjc613 wrote:Great shirt for March 14

Hey, March 14th is my birthday!

Now I don't pretend to understand this shirt (above), but by heck I shall vote upon it immediately!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
tamsenita wrote:If this doesn't make it I'll quit Woot, I swear!!! Loves it.

Something tells me its not gonna make it.
Here's me wishing for a Christmas miracle.
Maybe if everyone had wishes hard enough Tinkerbell will come back to life.
Thanks for the love.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

Wow! What an unexpected run-up today! I designed a shirt that I'd love to wear and usually that doesn't thrill others too much. What a happy surprise.

lucky1988 wrote:great graphic and color combo!

You can't go wrong with black, white, and red.

sharkswithlasers349 wrote:The colors are great, the design is great, and I'm a nerd, so I would wear this shirt all the time.

Thanks fellow nerd!

Spiritgreen wrote:Nice work! Really clever arrangement, it's fashionable and readable and all packed into the same tight space.

Thank you very much Spirit.

Siax wrote:worth the buy!!!

We'll see!

PixelPants wrote:A refreshing contrasting approach for this derby ThatRobert.

Thanks Pixel.

mjc613 wrote:Great shirt for March 14

Good idea! I didn't think of that.

SnowQueenVT wrote:Now I don't pretend to understand this shirt (above), but by heck I shall vote upon it immediately!

Look up "pi". That's cool your birthday is 3/14!

kakopa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kakopa
Re: Darwin's Data

Maybe I'm dense, but why is it called Darwin's data? He kept his original data forever...huh? Birds are data? I don't get it.

It is a really cool looking design and I love the colors.

kakopa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kakopa
Siax wrote:I dont see how this is related to the theme

I don't either. I see some coffee cup rings. I suppose those look like benzene rings, but over all...naaa.

gr3ygoos3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gr3ygoos3
Re: E=MC PI

you are gonna get rejected for text,, :-(

I have 2 favorite baseball teams. the Red Sox and ANYONE who beats the Yankees!!!!!!!

gr3ygoos3

endangeredomega wrote:Marshmallows in the UK are also somewhat different from the ones typically used for toasting in the States (at least such was the case in my experiences growing up on both sides of the pond.)

As a vegetarian, marshmallows are something I had to give up on for quite some time. They make an excellent vegan variety, but I have not yet attempted to toast them. At least for s'mores and rice krispy treats, I discovered gelatin-free marshmallow fluff ...

Marshmellows don't contain meat....

I have 2 favorite baseball teams. the Red Sox and ANYONE who beats the Yankees!!!!!!!

gr3ygoos3

toby8915 wrote:DNA tosses you an extra finger? That's a Hi6!

I like your little ant

gr3ygoos3

Re: M F=MJ

NOPE

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
Re: Scientific Steps to Success

The ? and $ are normally considered text in derbies that have a no-text rule.

roanin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roanin
Re: Evaporation Cycle

Here's a link to a bigger picture of the design

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
gr3ygoos3 wrote:Marshmellows don't contain meat....

Marshmallows are made with gelatin. Many vegetarians won't eat gelatin, and for sure vegans won't.

roanin

Re: Evaporation Cycle

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Contero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Contero
Re: Double Helix

This shirt looks amazing and I look forward to buying it.

Haters gonna hate.

Contero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Contero
Re: Made of carbon

This is a great shirt....

for my girlfriend to wear! xD

SirSquinty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SirSquinty
colinm09 wrote:Theme is the essence of the derby. If you want to buy generic shirts, shop at TeeFury.

How could you possibly call these themed derbies not generic? 9/10, no 19/20 shirts submitted to each derby is some stupid joke or "funny" shirt in a harshing my mellow attempt to live up to the theme. It is shirts like this that I get ecstatic to see are in the fog. It is those rare, artistic shirts that I buy, rather than the stupid generic pathetic attempts at humor. What sort of a harshing my mellow-gallivanting alpaca wants to wear a joke on his or her shirt?

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee

I like the concept and artwork, it's very cute. The composition is a little lacking though. There is a lot of steps in this flow chart which makes it a lot to see on a tshirt and follow. It also has a kind of large hole in the middle that might make it look a little odd on a shirt. It's got promise though! Keep at it! =)

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Observe. Test. Report.

Had this idea this evening and had to get it up. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

dorkabunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dorkabunny

i love that you have a pipetteman complete with an actual pipette tip.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
tgentry wrote:Bummed to see this one fall out of the fog. That's a great looking caterpillar.

Thanks T', I appreciate it. :^)

mgarns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mgarns
ramyb wrote:When you look at the design, which of these two configurations do you visualize?

I realized that there is an ambiguity in the design in this regard, so I thought perhaps we were seeing two different things.

I looked closer and I still visualize the configuration on the right,which would be left handed DNA. If you see it the other way that would make sense but the way its drawn now just looks left handed to me. If it was flipped I would buy it in a heartbeat,it would be an an otterific lab shirt!

SnowQueenVT

Re: A Generation of Learning

I meant to vote on this yesterday. It is a very beautiful piece of artwork.

I love the storyline and the hope and love and feeling and the science you chose to portray.

SnowQueenVT

Re: Show Off!

I love cats, and cat-like people,so right away I loved the design....and I love the expression and hairdo and glove on the main character. Plus it's just super drawing as always,unmistakably yours!

SnowQueenVT

Re: Enough! It's Break time!

Good one Josh!

jstjred

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jstjred
lucky1988 wrote:Cool design. I didn't even know it was a "Hicthhiker's" reference. I've heard about it, but never seen the movie.

Book

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Bee Careful

Cute! But that sure takes all the adventure out of cimbing a tree to knock down a hive full of disgruntled honey bees.

linisnotamggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linisnotamggle
Re: Bee Careful

Aw I hope this makes it! I would love it as a shirt.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots

Your simple designs always blow me away! Great colors and design.

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
gr3ygoos3 wrote:you are gonna get rejected for text,, :-(

Formulas are allowed. Even mock-formulas, I would think.
Being off-topic, on the other hand ...

BootsBoots

jeanerz13 wrote:Maybe you could have a X through each of the items except the monkey...and then a circle around the monkey...like you had gone through testing each of the devices and found that the monkey was the best for musical entertainment... *shrugs* I don't know if it would look any better or worse, but maybe it could have a more scientific method feel if that's the problem for voters? I don't know...

Well, I'm going to work on it some more in the future, not for this derby, so the scientific method wont have to be in there so much. I like the "X-ing" idea! I'll have to see if it works visually.

BootsBoots

Darquis wrote:I know it'd be a lot of work...but this is dead on, and it would look more like experimentation than just the formula laid out. I like this idea a lot!

I like it much better conceptually, I'm just not convinced it would look better on the shirt. I'm going to play around with this design more in the future.

Thank y'all so much for your feedback and help.

Edit: I guess I've picked up the phrase "play around with this piece/design/etc" from other artists. It's always sounded dirty to me and makes me giggle.

anjulka

quality posts: 5 Private Messages anjulka

I really liked this design until my partner pointed out that the 1 can't fall behind the 3 like that unless it was cut. Now I keep staring at it. But, I still kinda like it over all.

Kusmeroglu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kusmeroglu
Re: Only Recrossable

Just think of all the chicken joke parties I can bust into with this shirt.. With the snazzy colors and conversational conundrum, I would be the highlight of the evening!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
SnowQueenVT wrote:I wonder where version one went "Chemistry"? It was lovely.

Went to my freezer!
I noticed was a similar concept before. so I didn't want to take a risk, and made this alternate version. I know this not have a chance, but a least I happy whit the end.

roanin

mindputtee wrote:I like the concept and artwork, it's very cute. The composition is a little lacking though. There is a lot of steps in this flow chart which makes it a lot to see on a tshirt and follow. It also has a kind of large hole in the middle that might make it look a little odd on a shirt. It's got promise though! Keep at it! =)

Thanks for the feedback. And thanks for voting/looking

SnowQueenVT

walmazan wrote:Went to my freezer!
I noticed was a similar concept before. so I didn't want to take a risk, and made this alternate version. I know this not have a chance, but a least I happy whit the end.

Re: There’s no Chemistry

Mystery solved. Too bad though it was so sweet! I am glad we get to still see this version,(above) the characters are wonderful!