LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
shinobamoon wrote:I really like this idea as the Platypus is an interesting animal, but the images looked skewed, or out of shape as well as blurry. May work better on a colored shirt as well.

I'm not very good at resizing images @.@ It doesn't look that blurry on my psd

Would you kindly...

joshuajmasters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshuajmasters
Re: Old School Theory

Really, you can't go wrong with monkeys

joshuajmasters

Re: Anomalous Result

This is so wrong... but I love it.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Order of Operations

Art101, resub as soon as you can. :^)

This is a sweet design. And I say that as someone who has sadly never toasted a marshmallow.

joshuajmasters

Re: curiosity killed the cat

This Kitty is in biiiiiig trouble... serves him right.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sogj wrote:Oh, no, not again!! ;)

This is brilliant, GMV!

It really isn't. It's just a hitchhiker's reference couched in some hideous glow and questionably executed drawing. This would not be in the fog without that. would you really wear this if it was a dolphin and a small cactus?

One more case of wholly unattractive being covered up by geek-ref.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: I'm doing science and I'm still alive

super duper drawing =) looks good on the shirt, which is white, yay! =)

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Re: The Science of Twenty Sided Dice

Sorry about the quick re-sub... go ahead and re-vote if you need to, I had to fix a couple of things on the top equation.

The top equation is the basic probability of rolling a 20 sided dice (using binomial coefficient and combinations).

The bottom simple equation is the basic simplified formula to find the probability of rolling a double 20. (1 in 400)

1 color
on Chalkboard Green

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

sTyLeS wrote:Yup. Thumbnail is broken.

Yeah I hope this gets fixed, it's a sure winner IMO.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Lab Rat

saved

megsck

Re: The Impatient Aviator

very cute! im glad to see that if something goes wrong and he gets stranded somewhere, at least he'll have plenty to eat.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
sogj wrote:Hm....maybe I should resub?

You could... it's early enough and if the darkness of the sticks bothers you and others, it could be a solution! But you could leave it as-is too, because even if the sticks don't show up, it's still funny that the dolphin is reading about building fires;)

Vote!

megsck

Re: Test Tube Baby

this is great, very cute and a nice play on words. love the colors, you are definitely a master of the brown shirt =)

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Taco Math

I agree, I think this is your best to date. Plus one from me!

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
ramyb wrote:saved

Yup looks excellent.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
Lagbert wrote:Nice job! I like how you've muted the colors relative to your posts in the preview thread.

I'm torn about the mathematical equation:
+ complex integral looks cool
- the same results could be found with the much simpler equation Angle of Taco Shell/360 * 4/3 * pi * r^3

Good Luck!

But maybe sometimes he uses taco shells with irregular curvature and just always starts with the same equation. Or Mr. Knife really likes doing math.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
hollywoodjane wrote:Hitchhiker's Guide reference FTW!

HHGTTG ref FTL, imho. While I'm a huge fan, like most things, it seems to lose some of it's absurdist charm in mass-produced t-shirt form.

One of Adder's comments from last week seemed to sum up my feelings regarding 'reference shirts' pretty well. Most don't really say "I love ___, but are more about "I love telling other people how much I love ___."

Safe to say, I'm pretty this is a minority viewpoint, and this will probably see print next week.

Also, forgot to mention last week ... Diana, i liked your frog/snail design from the cheeseburger-cats site. Hats are fun.

megsck

Re: Science and Magic

i love this! i was just having a conversation the other day about how people take for granted certain things like phones which most people have no idea how they work and to most people it is akin to magic. great idea and cute drawing!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
megsck wrote:very cute! im glad to see that if something goes wrong and he gets stranded somewhere, at least he'll have plenty to eat.

Right. ^__^ The problem with this guy was stopping him from eating too much of the glider before take off.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: An Experiment Gone Awry

I am worried about the logo on the side of the box being a copyright problem, but I applaud your concept.

megsck

Re: Taco Math

came out great! i am salivating as i type!

luker256

quality posts: 1 Private Messages luker256

Dude, this is so sweet.

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
jasneko wrote:You could... it's early enough and if the darkness of the sticks bothers you and others, it could be a solution! But you could leave it as-is too, because even if the sticks don't show up, it's still funny that the dolphin is reading about building fires;)

I redid it, I liked your idea...so if I resub, do I delete this one? Not sure how that works.

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Probably Not Cute Enough

Needs more chibi.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

megsck

Re: Little Scientist

cute character design, i like him! =) works well on the shirt, this would make an otterific kids tee!

jasneko

Re: The Impatient Aviator

That is one happy caterpillar! Especially nice job on the leaf=)

Vote!

endangeredomega

Re: Lab Rat

I think the element that throws me off most here is the people in the cage. They seem to be drawn in a different style than the rest of the design, and feel a bit tacked-on?

penguinator27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penguinator27

I'm all for kelly green shirts, but I think your chalkboard thingy might be more effective on another color. Love the design.

endangeredomega

Re: If a tree falls in the forest

The side-ways shirt-comp doesn't seem to add much here ... but I guess now I know what this design will look like if I'm lying down?

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
clarinerd wrote:But maybe sometimes he uses taco shells with irregular curvature and just always starts with the same equation. Or Mr. Knife really likes doing math.

Thanks for hooking up the math for me clarinerd.

sogj

clarinerd wrote:I agree here. I would totally vote for it and buy it if there were a "<" sign. As it is, it just seems kinda obvious. "Of course a monkey is not the same thing as an ipod..."

If you resub, i'll revote. ;)

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
endangeredomega wrote:I think the element that throws me off most here is the people in the cage. They seem to be drawn in a different style than the rest of the design, and feel a bit tacked-on?

I actually debated for a while about how to draw the people, since the entire point of the shirt for me is the role reversal and I wanted to make sure they were visible. I thought that by using a very simple style on the people and putting them in all white, they would stand out despite their small size.

endangeredomega

Re: curiosity killed the cat

This seems a likely candidate for rejection? During the Physics derby, any reference whatsoever to Schrodinger's Cat was off-limits, thanks to the "similar shirts exist" stipulation.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Anomalous Result

Why don't these guys have claw marks on them and tears on their lab coats?

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Chemistry

Chemistry

If they have chemistry, always have a great results

Guys, I hope you like it!

Six colors on asphalt

Some detail

jasneko

Re: Repeatable Results Resubbed

Much clearer!

Vote!

sogj

Poor science dolphin. He's so cold and wants some fire...but he just can't duplicate fire. Unfortunately, dolphins don't understand the word "variable."

Threw this together using techniques vastly unknown to me! Fun times. ;)

jasneko wrote:Much clearer!

Yay! I'm glad that one worked. Thanks!!

endangeredomega

Re: It came from the petri dish

The concept is great; however, I'm not sure how well it gets across here. The design feels very compressed, and is a little tricky to 'read' even sitting in front of my computer monitor. I fear that on a shirt, it would just come across as sort of a blurry, uneven stripe?

I'm not an artist by trade, so don't know the technical terms to suggest fixing this, but maybe make the dish a little less "flat" and angle the footprints in a slightly different direction, other than a straight light across the shirt, to give the image more depth?

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific

penguinator27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penguinator27

Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes! I can haz this? I need this. Brilliant.