viciousspike

quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike
Re: (V2) Do plants grow better with music?

I liked version 1 better. Because of the color. Not sure why you changed it..

armygoal1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages armygoal1
Re: High School Scientific Method

I like how it actually fits the theme of the derby, but in a very creative way. This would be the experimental step in the scientific method, and the results would be that curiosity killed the pencil.

(Also, if you wanted to be really scientific, these pencils better be #2, or you are gonna fail that scantron test)

armygoal1

Re: High School Scientific Method

Addendum: I didnt actually say that I liked the shirt in the last post, just wanted to make it clear that I think it is excellent, I look forward to seeing your future derby attempts

dreamwootseeker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreamwootseeker

Off topic, with a classic RamyGlow. This has #1 winner written all over it!!

Go Ramy!!!

dreamwootseeker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreamwootseeker
Darquis wrote:That's science. This is supposed to be scientific method: a theory, an experiment, someone hypothesizing an idea, trying out things. A carbon molecule on a shirt does none of these things.

But only one glowy, off-topic shirt in the fog is just not enough!

Woodpecker

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Woodpecker

Minor point: DNA helices are right handed

armygoal1

Assassin15 wrote:"Of course the Scientific Method is all about rules, like our omnipresent rule about not "borrowing" copyrighted works or trademarked characters"

Um... See Also: "The Binge" currently holding strong in the reckoning. Gonna have to ping that one for infringement before this one.

Very cute shirt, simple execution. I think I would really have gotten into it with a little more detail, but a very strong effort, cant knock you for it

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
viciousspike wrote:I liked version 1 better. Because of the color. Not sure why you changed it..

To be honest, I think that blue will look a lot better on the actual olive shirt than it does on the screen.

midasvictim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midasvictim
colinm09 wrote:Theme is the essence of the derby. If you want to buy generic shirts, shop at TeeFury.

seriously, this looks like something i could get at a department store. I'd like a woot shirt pls.

church0723

quality posts: 0 Private Messages church0723

Let's see what happens when we take the puppy away.

midasvictim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midasvictim
Re: What Is and What Should Never Be

is this also supposed to be about kermit and ms. piggy

ydooli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ydooli
walmazan wrote:Went to my freezer!
I noticed was a similar concept before. so I didn't want to take a risk, and made this alternate version. I know this not have a chance, but a least I happy whit the end.

Ahh, ok. But that's a shame.. it was a good shirt/design :]

drgribb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drgribb
graffd02 wrote:"One hit kill - Snoochie Bootchies!"

lol, great line. Congrats on hitting fog graff, you might finally get a print! My vote has been added to the tally

sexylittlerobot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sexylittlerobot

hahahaha. I think this is a really clever way of using this theme. Very nice job.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
JohnDuncanYoyo wrote:Math is pure science. If Pi works then this should as well.

Math is the language of science. However, the theme is the scientific method.

drgribb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drgribb
Re: The Price of Progress

This is too cool to not be in the fog right now... needs more votes.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Experiment: Happiness is...
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Cute one, Jas! I would pick ice cream.

Thanks fishbiscuit! Ice cream? But... but... once you eat it... it's gone!!

Hammylink wrote:I was hoping there would be a #4 with a warm gun at the end.

hahaha actually that song head was in my head ever since I started thinking of what to call it, and has been there ever since!

church0723 wrote:Let's see what happens when we take the puppy away.

Don't do it!

IggySorcha

quality posts: 6 Private Messages IggySorcha
crevelingma wrote:Looks like a subtraction problem to me.

Sae, or graph coordinates. Thoose look just like fancy 1s.

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge
Hammylink wrote:He's holding the pipette wrong which makes it not as appealing for me.

This is the same reason I can't vote for it. You don't hold it by the very top piece.

kakopa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kakopa
Josephus wrote:the birds are Darwin's finches. His data is the beaks of the finches, which he measured to help explain how evolution worked so dramatically on the Galapagos. One of the fundamental rules in science is that you keep your raw data, so this old Darwin kept his finches, see? so he was keeping the raw data unil he died, in case anyone asked for it, he could prove- oh, never mind!

Thanks for the explaination! Makes me like it even more. Guess I should read up on Darwin, since I am a lab tech and all.

You mean his data "supported" his theory, right? Nothing can be proven. ;)

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Zu Chongzhi's estimate

Nice design Robert, has a very Ugmonk feel which I like. Bold and powerful yet simple, graphically speaking. If it makes it Im in for one

soshad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soshad
Re: Evaporation Cycle

I think it's cute. Thanks for adding the link to the bigger picture so we could see all the little details better.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
lemurtx wrote:Steely Dan ref?

You're my new best friend

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
SnowQueenVT wrote:I am just going to say this and sorry I didn't say it before....I love this design but I also really loved the one in the pre derby thread where the sister had a knife. I think that one element added alot of power to the design...just that one little element. And maybe it wouldn't have gotten rejected for the pg thing...look below at this Tarzan pic. I did had a knife.

There are still some days left here, any chance of chucking the knife version into the mix for me if I say pwetty pweese?
(check Page 7, 5:01 am pre derby thread anyone who missed it...)

(ummm since I am making a special request...I liked the pre derby knife one on blue.)I don't blame you for leaving things as they are though,late in the game etc.Plus this version keeps climbing and is excellent as is.(and I hope it prints)

I'll go far away now!

I had the original up for a bit (on light blue), but when I finished and entered this one, it immediately soared passed the original version.

A lot of people asked me to remove the knife. I do really miss it, but I just pretend she is hiding it behind here back now. I may popped up a version 3 with the return of the knife, but I doubt it will get the votes to make it to print since there's only a few days.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
chumpmagic wrote:I had the original up for a bit (on light blue), but when I finished and entered this one, it immediately soared passed the original version.

A lot of people asked me to remove the knife. I do really miss it, but I just pretend she is hiding it behind here back now. I may popped up a version 3 with the return of the knife, but I doubt it will get the votes to make it to print since there's only a few days.

I usually don't comment unless it's positive, with your design it's all positive...It just nagged at me that I didn't tell you my opinion (that I liked the knife in the sisters hand in your prederby thread( page 7 prederby thread,around middle of page, for anyone reading this) when you were getting it ready, I guess I was 2nd guessing my opinion about the possible pg13 rejection issue as much as you so stayed quiet, didn't want to push you the wrong way,.

Re: Curiosity Kills V2

If everyone likes the brown best(shown above) then so do I and I can pretend the knife is there too for the sake of the kiddies!(I know it's there!!!)

I'll go far away again now!

Good luck with this one though, it's wolverinetastic!!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
Re: Evaporation Cycle

I agree that the comp is a little busy but it is still really cute! I like it

Hammylink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink
Re: Do plants grow better with music?

I'm just gonna vote for this one. There are other designs with exclamation points and they are still up.

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 13 Private Messages SunnyLea0
Re: Nothing Beats the Monkey V2

Bigger monkey was the first thing that popped in to my head. It sort of visually conveys a concept of "greater than."

I would totally wear a shirt with nothing on but just that adorable monkey, though. Seriously nice work.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Observe. Test. Report.

so I heard many crits on other submissions that they weren't showing "The Scientific Method". So I came up with this. "The Scientific Method" used one night in a club.
Guy "observes" girl dancing. Guy "tests" his theory of "getting with girl" and finds his results. Guy goes and "reports" his "findings" to his friends. The "data" may have been altered as most guys do when reporting their exploits with their friends.

also I found a mistake on my shirt comp.
That's grass green for the shirt color.
Not kelly green.

Also please vote for my other submission, "Albert Funkenstein and The Scientific Method!".

Re: Albert Funkenstein and The Scientific Method!

It only costs one click and one vote.
Do it for the kids!

Hammylink

SnowQueenVT wrote:Dr. Badger made a potion. Sadly, it turned everyone into fairies.

Forget the potion, I think this shirt will do the job.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Results not Replicable

Trial and, trial and - big Error! Sooner or later that cat wasn't going to stand for it any more.
Six colors on orange.

Details, for what it's worth:

And thanks to ramyb for the tip on the tear-out effect. I may not have executed it correctly, but thanks!

thenikkoli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thenikkoli

otterific design.

I truly love when a woot shirt does not feature an inanimate object with a cute little face drawn on it. (seriously, take a look). Generally, the submissions are getting too cartoonish.

Best of luck!

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
Re: Bunsen Burnin

For the longest time, it seemed like anything Science related began and ended with the Bunsen burner.

No. Yes.

thenikkoli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thenikkoli

I'll be sure to watch for it, wherever it may end up. +1

Hammylink

Re: Conclusion: An Edgy 'Do Scores Chicks

Wow I just made a connection in my brain. Does the "pretty boy" in bleach remind anyone else of a penguin?

thatrobert

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Zu Chongzhi's estimate

beaterbar wrote:one thing that ive always found interesting about woot patrons is that they are really proud of themselves for liking this number

Rightfully so.

tjost wrote:Nice design Robert, has a very Ugmonk feel which I like. Bold and powerful yet simple, graphically speaking. If it makes it Im in for one

Hopefully doesn't feel like a ripoff of Jeff Sheldon's work. I just bought my first UgMonk shirt last month (lowercase). I watched the Helvetica movie last week and was inspired to give some more love to that classic font.

thenikkoli wrote:otterific design.

I truly love when a woot shirt does not feature an inanimate object with a cute little face drawn on it. (seriously, take a look). Generally, the submissions are getting too cartoonish.

Best of luck!

I like cute little faces now and then but I'd really love to see more minimalism here -- I'm sure most of the voters here are fans of pi, not minimalism but I'll take what I can get!

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
sunnysfunny wrote:Interesting. So writing utensils CAN feel...

Yes, exactly my point. So, be nice. ;)

melsmore wrote:This shirt is so good. Everything about it is sweet. The grand idea is cool, but the details bring it to the level of wonderful that it is.

armygoal1 wrote:I like how it actually fits the theme of the derby, but in a very creative way. This would be the experimental step in the scientific method, and the results would be that curiosity killed the pencil.

(Also, if you wanted to be really scientific, these pencils better be #2, or you are gonna fail that scantron test)

armygoal1 wrote:Addendum: I didnt actually say that I liked the shirt in the last post, just wanted to make it clear that I think it is excellent, I look forward to seeing your future derby attempts

Thanks for all your comments, peoples! I am very happy with how my design is doing this week. WOO!

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
jboshaw wrote:Urine is actually sterile and bacteria-free. ;)

That's only for as long as it stays WITHIN the bladder....!!! No longer sterile once it leaves the body.

Really curious to see exactly how this would print on a shirt...

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT

(RE Dr. Badger made a potion that turns everyone into fairies.))

Hammylink wrote:Forget the potion, I think this shirt will do the job.

Hammylink you've made a good point!
(I can't wait till Thursday!)

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Scientifically Wrong

OK, I've seen this in at least three different derbies, and I still don't know what the heck it is. Or how it applied to any of the themes. Is this the 'New Pucker'?