mscrankypants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mscrankypants

I haven't wanted a shirt so bad in a long time!! Fantastic design. So understated!

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
Re: Zu Chongzhi's estimate

Dang! How come we can't get more shirt.woot shirts like this??

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Pretty slick Robert, hope it has time to make up ground. +1

dad1758

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dad1758
paigeg wrote:OK, I've seen this in at least three different derbies, and I still don't know what the heck it is. Or how it applied to any of the themes. Is this the 'New Pucker'?

Actually, this was submitted on 1 previous derby but the category did not fit the drawing so I withdrew it. This is like a science project gone wrong, those geneticists; ya just never know what they can come up with.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: 5 Second Rule

Clever, funny and well done!

joshuajmasters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshuajmasters
SnowQueenVT wrote:Good one Josh!

Thanks, My Vermont friend!

jstjred

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jstjred
Re: Curiosity Kills V2

I am with everyone who is disappointed that this one isn't doing better. I think it is a fantastic design, and it is awful that it isn't AT LEAST fogging. (Should print too!!)

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Made of carbon

Aside from the debate as to whether this is on theme or not, I can't get behind this shirt. It appears to me to be constructed from various stock vectors and brushes, which means it's less art, and more compilation. Doesn't really float my boat.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
kakopa wrote:Thanks for the explaination! Makes me like it even more. Guess I should read up on Darwin, since I am a lab tech and all.

You mean his data "supported" his theory, right? Nothing can be proven. ;)

"he could prove that he had actually done the measurements that supported his hypothesis." See how that works there? ;^)

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
Darquis wrote:It's so he has first comment reserved. I couldn't speak to why the comment still would say saved now.

Ahh... I always thought it was because he assumed it would be an original submission with which he could redeem himself LOL

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
Re: OOPS!

I like this one better, I like the colors better, but then again, green is my favorite color.

mindputtee

Re: There’s no Chemistry

I actually like this version much better. I couldn't tell from the thumbnail, but now that I see the close up I can see that he's actually holding the flower in a pipette. Very nice touch, those little details make it.

+1

mindputtee

Re: The Impatient Aviator

This one's so cute. I would definitely wear it!

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
BootsBoots wrote: Edit: I guess I've picked up the phrase "play around with this piece/design/etc" from other artists. It's always sounded dirty to me and makes me giggle.

I've never thought of that phrase in a dirty way until you brought it up... and now I'm probably going to read it like that from now on. Thanks a lot. :P

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
SnowQueenVT wrote:Yeah we need a NEW weird word! That would be otterific!

How about wolverinetastic?

like it or perhaps...
spankalious...
whackable...
super sequin-erific...
mildly-above-par...
or...
so-mind-blowing-that-I-can't-come-up-with-a-word-which-would-properly-describe-how-I-feel-about-this-thing-I-am-wanting-describe.

some ideas...

paigeg

Re: The Price of Progress

I'll add my vote to help out - this certainly deserves a shot.
One niggling thing is bothering me, tho. Is that photo clipart moon hiding there in the corner? WHY? The rest is so well done, the moon just seems out of place, and kinda cheapens it for me.
Nevertheless - really terrific idea and (mostly) composition.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
midgerock wrote:like it or perhaps...
spankalious...
whackable...
super sequin-erific...
mildly-above-par...
or...
so-mind-blowing-that-I-can't-come-up-with-a-word-which-would-properly-describe-how-I-feel-about-this-thing-I-am-wanting-describe.

some ideas...

I LIKE spankalicious! Easy there on the whackable!...and oh yeah , the last one...perfect!

Wolverinetastic ideas!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Results not Replicable

Paige, that last image on your shirt cracks me up! I have a cat who hates to be touched because she hurt her back. One time My friend Lewis had to catsit....he didn't know much about cats, when she hid in the basement he wanted to get her out. Anyway, he put on oven mitts to try to pick her up...this is a big huge tough guy, wearing oven mitts trying to catch a cat....well anyway , it traumatized him for life.There he was, running up the stairs wearing oven mitts carrying my poor cat as far away from his face as possible, as fast as he could! (He would get this shirt immediately!!)

(Good One!)

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
kylemittskus wrote:I could swear that we've seen at least 2 DNA shirts here before? TGentry did one (about 300x better than this) and the 1988: The Human Genome Project...

Oh, originality.

�To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Blenman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blenman
goldprodigy wrote:Before I descend into my rant I must qualify my statement. I mean no offense to you as I haven't been on shirtwoot long enough to be familiar with anyone's work. That being said, I am disgusted by the shirtwoot community because by simply illustrating a cat,artists seem to instantaneously place in the top 15 shirts and likely gets his or her shirt printed, regardless of the minimal amount of thought going into the message of the shirt. Further more, all these internet references have been beaten to death and yet the simple minded shirtwoot community consistently vote them into the top 3.

Who honestly takes this seriously enough to care? It's not like we're voting for the next world leader...

I like the vague icanhazcheezeburger reference. It took me a sec to figure it out. lol

P.S. I like the W00T encouragement: "
Yeah! You Tell `Em

You're not gonna sit there and let that jerkface get away with saying that, are you?
"

LOL (yeah, I'm new here!)

Calophi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Calophi
Re: Tribute to Newton

I agree, I figured those for 1s. Hard to tell, though.

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
parrotworks wrote:I'm curious. Was this hand drawn and scanned?

it's 100% done in PS. stoked you ask, though, as i struggle to get a good pencil look in PS.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Buck Music

Since woot says this is otterific, you should submit this as a daily.

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
tgentry wrote:Pretty slick Robert, hope it has time to make up ground. +1

indeed. very web2.0-ish. looks good.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
faultylogic83 wrote:Why not reject a shirt in the fog? Let's base it on the the potential 200+ complaints that they might have to deal with from the "I don't care about the rules, I want that shirt" crowd. As opposed to ignoring the ten people who complain that it doesn't fit the rules.
Plus there is generally more of your more popular (better selling) artists in the fog, and I'm sure Woot doesn't upset their better performing "talent".

You have an incredibly descriptive and accurate name

paigeg

SnowQueenVT wrote:Paige, that last image on your shirt cracks me up! I have a cat who hates to be touched because she hurt her back. One time My friend Lewis had to catsit....he didn't know much about cats, when she hid in the basement he wanted to get her out. Anyway, he put on oven mitts to try to pick her up...this is a big huge tough guy, wearing oven mitts trying to catch a cat....well anyway , it traumatized him for life.There he was, running up the stairs wearing oven mitts carrying my poor cat as far away from his face as possible, as fast as he could! (He would get this shirt immediately!!)

(Good One!)

Lol! Our cousins have a cat named Toby, who routinely mauls anyone and everyone. Every time I hear anyonen speak of him, I picture the 'cat next door' from Peanuts - usually just a blur of motion, random claws, stars, exclamation points... I wanted to do something like that, but just couldn't pull it together.

paigeg

kdeuce wrote:it's 100% done in PS. stoked you ask, though, as i struggle to get a good pencil look in PS.

You're kidding, rite? I may not be great at discerning these things, but I certainly thought some of your stuff (Sullen) was hand-done and scanned. Which is not a bad thing by any stretch.
By contrast, I can do a nice sketchy style on paper, but can't get it to translate to digital very well. I mess with Threshold, etc., but my lines still look weeny.

paigeg

AdderXYU wrote:You have an incredibly descriptive and accurate name

Synchronicity is everything. Though I'm sure that wasn't the intent when the name was chosen.

katfin25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfin25
Re: Albert Funkenstein and The Scientific Method!

hahaha otterific. I'm in a polymer engineering and science phd program, and at the annual holiday party a few of the professors always play together as the band "Poly and the Mers" I thought it was a joke the first time I saw a flyer, but they are pretty serious about it... lol

Do you like beer? Then check out
brewlimination.com

Do NOT EVER purchase Bella Terra Cosmetics!

paigeg

mjc613 wrote:�To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

To actually try to publish it and make money is not a crime, nor even particulary unethical. However, it is derivative, lazy, and a crying shame for anyone with talent, to waste it so. Makes me sad.

paigeg

goldprodigy wrote:Before I descend into my rant I must qualify my statement. I mean no offense to you as I haven't been on shirtwoot long enough to be familiar with anyone's work. That being said, I am disgusted by the shirtwoot community because by simply illustrating a cat,artists seem to instantaneously place in the top 15 shirts and likely gets his or her shirt printed, regardless of the minimal amount of thought going into the message of the shirt. Further more, all these internet references have been beaten to death and yet the simple minded shirtwoot community consistently vote them into the top 3.

Hey, take a look at my crappy cat - not a prayer of placing anywhere in the top 20! I agree on the memes and stuff, but be a tetch more selective in your 'rant'. Sometimes, the 'cat' is right, sometimes trite and boring. Like a rabbit. Or a penguin. Or a dinosaur. Not every sub will be brilliant. Not every print will be brilliant. I live to hope some of the really awe.some also-rans will HM, EC, print elsewhere...
(Note to self - hit Lucky up on Threadless for that bitching Japanese movie monster tee!).

iloveschocobos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iloveschocobos
armygoal1 wrote:Um... See Also: "The Binge" currently holding strong in the reckoning. Gonna have to ping that one for infringement before this one.

Very cute shirt, simple execution. I think I would really have gotten into it with a little more detail, but a very strong effort, cant knock you for it

Thank you

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac

Wonderful clean design!

Nessanagirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nessanagirl
Re: Taco Math

It took me a minute to realize that the brown circle on the ground was a tortilla. Somehow I think it needs to be more...taco colored.

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art
Re: The Impatient Aviator

get back in the fog lil' fella
such an otterific job you've done on this Spiritgreen

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

swammi1203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swammi1203
Re: Observe. Test. Report.

A very commendable effort to stick to the theme. Unfortunately, I really can't get behind such a box design on a shirt.

Other than that I find the concept fantastic.

doabarrelroll16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doabarrelroll16
Re: Order of Operations

hey you have it add the graham cracker twice... just sayin

equus17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages equus17
Re: Made of carbon

I like this shirt a lot. Very aesthetically pleasing for one, and I dig the color scheme. I can see where people are coming from saying that it is "not on theme", but I get it-- butterflies and plants (and all living things) are made of carbon. Artistic and subtle, I love it.

swammi1203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swammi1203
mindputtee wrote:Haha I know, I'm actually a chem major, but the lines are representative of the energy levels the electrons can exist at, it might be hard to see, but there is a small s orbital w/ 2 electrons, then a larger px orbital with two as well and then a py and pz orbital with 1 electron each, as in the ground state configuration of carbon. This modeling of an atom is used because while it might not be as technically accurate it is easier to describe bonding from this point of view.

I am inspired to vote for this shirt by your dedication to chemistry. I may not be a chem major as well, but I am the crazy cousin from engineering.

Also, this shirt is very good. I hope it prints, and that all the equations turn out all right (if anything, that is my only reservation with this shirt).

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 151 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
crevelingma wrote:Looks like a subtraction problem to me.

I believe the numbers are just the dates that Isaac Newton lived with a hyphen: (1643-1727)