fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Zu Chongzhi's estimate



A simple, wearable design with impact. Love it!







SnowQueenVT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Nuclear Power/Energy



"What is your major malfunction Private Proton!"

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
kdeuce wrote:it's 100% done in PS. stoked you ask, though, as i struggle to get a good pencil look in PS.



Whoa! Color me impressed. Seriously amazing work.







mrwednesday


quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
mjc613 wrote:�To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.



This quote is seriously lacking reality and sense. Any research where ideas or techniques aren't thoroughly and properly cited and credited is met with very dire consequences.

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
SnowQueenVT wrote:So thats the scientific method! Makes sense.Lotta work. Lets grow up to be artists instead!



I'm with you, SnowQueen! We did a worm experiment in class today with the kids. Eeeeewww!!! I rather be an artist too!







SnowQueenVT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
fishbiscuit5 wrote:I'm with you, SnowQueen! We did a worm experiment in class today with the kids. Eeeeewww!!! I rather be an artist too!



Thanks Fishy. I was feeling like I was back in 7th grade here this week and this has been one loooong science class!!!!!


Oh yeah, worms? Thats grody. I like worms. Sorry for you today with that! Ewww and stuff!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

rjohnson313


quality posts: 8 Private Messages rjohnson313
HalfWheat wrote:Marshmallows are made with gelatin. Many vegetarians won't eat gelatin, and for sure vegans won't.



And the gelatin is made from pork. So definitely not halal or kosher in addition to not being veggie/vegan friendly.

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Zu Chongzhi's estimate



RaveDroid wrote:Dang! How come we can't get more shirt.woot shirts like this??

Ditto. I'd love to buy more minimalist stuff.

tgentry wrote:Pretty slick Robert, hope it has time to make up ground. +1

Thanks TG. It'll be hard enough to make fog. Getting printed is another story...

kdeuce wrote:indeed. very web2.0-ish. looks good.

Thanks KD.

ressamac wrote:Wonderful clean design!

Thanks Ressa! I know our tastes and styles have a nice overlap so I appreciate your input.

fishbiscuit5 wrote:A simple, wearable design with impact. Love it!

Thanks Fish!



fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
SnowQueenVT wrote:Thanks Fishy. I was feeling like I was back in 7th grade here this week and this has been one loooong science class!!!!!


Oh yeah, worms? Thats grody. I like worms. Sorry for you today with that! Ewww and stuff!



Thankfully I didn't have to touch them or anything, but they were squirmy and dirty and grosss!!! Kids loved it, of course.







swammi1203


quality posts: 0 Private Messages swammi1203
Re: Double Helix



After the past two derbies where Ramyb was the center of attention, I think I can finally understand why there is such support for Ramyb. There are two reasons:

1. His shirts are generic enough to appeal to a wider range of buyers, while interesting enough to rise, even slightly, above the typical generic design.

2. Many of his detractors, one in particular, are very outspoken in a very impolite and angry manner. This serves to offend many in the woot community and galvanize support for Ramyb. However, when Ramyb chooses to respond, he shows both levelheadedness and restraint- both of which are commendable.

Now, while I have some qualms about the lack of originality in most of his designs, the same could be said about the vast majority of designs submitted to derbies. Fortunately, many quirky shirts to make it to print. Sadly, as both Woot! and shirt.woot! have become more popular, the tyranny of the majority becomes a greater and greater issue. Thankfully Woot! combats this, if only to some degree, with the editor's choice, but most of the shirts submitted in the derbies are still selected via popular vote.

I am neither a Ramyb supporter or detractor, but I do find it difficult to become a detractor as I have no desire to be lumped in with some of his more, to put it lightly, outspoken critics. Therefore, while I hope that Ramyb works towards more and more original designs, I understand that he fills an arguably necessary, however undesirable it may be to some, niche.

SnowQueenVT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Thankfully I didn't have to touch them or anything, but they were squirmy and dirty and grosss!!! Kids loved it, of course.


(RE Fishbiscuits had to use worms with kids in a class today)
All over now, I was picturing that you had to cut them up,!! Sounds like the worms survived to writhe another day?

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
SnowQueenVT wrote:(RE Fishbiscuits had to use worms with kids in a class today)
All over now, I was picturing that you had to cut them up,!! Sounds like the worms survived to writhe another day?



Oh! No animals, or gross squirmy things, were harmed in this experiment! We were just changing variables and observing how the worms responded to different stimuli. They are alive and well!







SnowQueenVT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Oh! No animals, or gross squirmy things, were harmed in this experiment! We were just changing variables and observing how the worms responded to different stimulus. They are alive and well!



Excellent,eeeeexcellent!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

bluef1re2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluef1re2
Re: Curiosity Kills V2


Totally want this shirt :D

crevelingma


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crevelingma
DianaSprinkle wrote:I believe the numbers are just the dates that Isaac Newton lived with a hyphen: (1643-1727)



Was kidding, of course. (Advocating for non-rejection on technicality.)

srm8ib4


quality posts: 5 Private Messages srm8ib4
swammi1203 wrote:After the past two derbies where Ramyb was the center of attention, I think I can finally understand why there is such support for Ramyb. There are two reasons:

1. His shirts are generic enough to appeal to a wider range of buyers, while interesting enough to rise, even slightly, above the typical generic design.

2. Many of his detractors, one in particular, are very outspoken in a very impolite and angry manner. This serves to offend many in the woot community and galvanize support for Ramyb. However, when Ramyb chooses to respond, he shows both levelheadedness and restraint- both of which are commendable.

Now, while I have some qualms about the lack of originality in most of his designs, the same could be said about the vast majority of designs submitted to derbies. Fortunately, many quirky shirts to make it to print. Sadly, as both Woot! and shirt.woot! have become more popular, the tyranny of the majority becomes a greater and greater issue. Thankfully Woot! combats this, if only to some degree, with the editor's choice, but most of the shirts submitted in the derbies are still selected via popular vote.

I am neither a Ramyb supporter or detractor, but I do find it difficult to become a detractor as I have no desire to be lumped in with some of his more, to put it lightly, outspoken critics. Therefore, while I hope that Ramyb works towards more and more original designs, I understand that he fills an arguably necessary, however undesirable it may be to some, niche.



Yep, this basically summarizes everything.

Hammylink


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink
dearcricket wrote:I enjoy this, but I wish it was in a derby that allowed words, cause I think it'd have more of an impact with this design saying like "Just because we can, Doesn't mean we should". But only cause More people would get it.



If this needs text to be understood, then I don't think I can help you. What I don't understand is how a 5 minute "drawing" of a DNA strand can be fogging and a gawddam shirt with 3.14 on it can have 400+ votes while this is at about 100 right now.

______________________________________________

spacemonkeydr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacemonkeydr
paigeg wrote:I'll add my vote to help out - this certainly deserves a shot.
One niggling thing is bothering me, tho. Is that photo clipart moon hiding there in the corner? WHY? The rest is so well done, the moon just seems out of place, and kinda cheapens it for me.
Nevertheless - really terrific idea and (mostly) composition.



Thanks, it's actually a brush I made, but I added it because it's the light source coming through the window, and highlighting all the crazy equations on the wall.

roanin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages roanin
Hammylink wrote:Way too busy and the "sun drop" is a bit confusing.



Thank you for the feedback, and for voting

roanin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages roanin
soshad wrote:I think it's cute. Thanks for adding the link to the bigger picture so we could see all the little details better.



aww. thanks for looking/voting

roanin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages roanin
JesseBYAH wrote:I agree that the comp is a little busy but it is still really cute! I like it



Thanks for voting and for the feedback

mikenytola


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
CapSea wrote:Yes and no. The willingness to call out only one person makes it look to all those not invested like a personal attack. Then they get invested an the opposite side. It is also the reason that Woot does not listen to them anymore - because by only attacking one artist (about which I'm not going to take sides on), the group makes it look like they are not really fighting for change, but rather because of personal hate/distaste.

I'm of the opinion that if you call out one person, you really need to call out all of them. Maybe not as angrily, but if you are actually trying to get the site itself to change, picking on one person (right or wrong) won't affect anything.


Well said, couldn't agree with you more.

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
mjc613 wrote:Math is the language of science. However, the theme is the scientific method.



I thought this would come up in the "pi" thread but since it's over here I thought I'd throw in my explanation. Most math is going to fit the theme since the way these formulas, constants, and proofs were developed was precisely the scientific method: mathematicians observed, made a hypothesis, and then either proved or disproved their theory.



zanuhdu


quality posts: 1 Private Messages zanuhdu
Re: Only Recrossable



Oh man... this shirt reminds me of the episode of Big Bang Theory when Sheldon got drunk and told the chicken joke. . . "Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?"

wingroove


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wingroove
Re: Testing the Theory of Gravity



Guh: I just noticed those little lines going through the throwing one's hands. They are most definitely not on the shirt- just on the composite. I'm still trying to get the comp and detail things down. Definitely better than my last entry, though.

wulfepup


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wulfepup
anjulka wrote:I really liked this design until my partner pointed out that the 1 can't fall behind the 3 like that unless it was cut. Now I keep staring at it. But, I still kinda like it over all.



Dang it! Once seen, it cannot be unseen.

I'd buy it anyway, as I generally don't go around staring at my own shirt for great lengths of time, so it [hopefully] wouldn't bug me too much ... but OCD is hard to deal with sometimes.

L3g3ndQ


quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Hi 6



how is this off topic and not the two that are in the fog right now?? im getting sick of this site.. i almost wish i never found out about this place. B^(

ronzalone


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ronzalone
Re: Curiosity Kills V2


Glad you stuck with this design. A shame this isn't in the fog... yet. I am hopeful. I really enjoy your work.
On another note, Oh Shiny came in today. I did notice the slight difference due to Woot's color mix-up (possibly only because I was looking for it), though I still think it looks great. A very worthwhile purchase. I hope to see more of your work win derbies.

sasham62


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
jeanerz13 wrote:As always, please be gentle with the comments...I know the artwork is subpar -- that's because I'm not an artist; just someone who enters for fun

About the shirt:

After collecting data (one step of the scientific method), it has been discovered that both ice cream sales and shark attacks increase in the summer. The only explanation for this must be that eating ice cream leads to being attacked by a shark ;)



You don't have to have the best artistic skills in the world to design a wearable T-shirt or otherwise present a fun idea.
See http://xkcd.com/794/
That said, I think you and your idea -- which is otterific -- would have really been better served if you could have used text. It is a little hard to tell that that's an ice cream cone (and not a push pin, for example).

jeanerz13


quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
sasham62 wrote:You don't have to have the best artistic skills in the world to design a wearable T-shirt or otherwise present a fun idea.
See http://xkcd.com/794/
That said, I think you and your idea -- which is otterific -- would have really been better served if you could have used text. It is a little hard to tell that that's an ice cream cone (and not a push pin, for example).



Thanks Yeah, I think charts would be a lot better presented with words than pictures. I usually put that disclaimer at the top of all my entries so I don't get a lot of people giving me crap for being "sloppy" or something...I mean, come on...I KNOW I can't draw...and if you try to tell me how to make it better, I probably don't have the skills to actually take your suggestions. Anyway, yeah, I thought the ice cream would look better if the top was kind of melting into the other layer...but I didn't know how to do that...so I left it at basically one circle plopped on another.

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
wulfepup wrote:Dang it! Once seen, it cannot be unseen.

I'd buy it anyway, as I generally don't go around staring at my own shirt for great lengths of time, so it [hopefully] wouldn't bug me too much ... but OCD is hard to deal with sometimes.

See explanation above...





prettyjumbles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages prettyjumbles
Re: Bee Careful



I love those bees!

beaterbar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages beaterbar
Re: Zu Chongzhi's estimate



anyone want to do a collaboration with avogadro's number? PM me. Pi's just a touch passe at this point.

atozer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages atozer
Re: Tribute to Newton



I really like this design.

beaterbar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages beaterbar
Re: E=MC PI



I think this shirt is amazing. I would have bought 20.

melsmore


quality posts: 0 Private Messages melsmore
Re: x = pb j



I like the shirt, but being an engineering student I can recognize that your drawings are seriously under dimensioned, which would cause quite a problem for anyone actually trying to build these sandwiches.

blanked


quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
RaveDroid wrote:That's only for as long as it stays WITHIN the bladder....!!! No longer sterile once it leaves the body.



Or not even there, if there is a UTI involved.

mgarns


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mgarns
Re: Lab Rat



Hope this shirt prints. I am a complete lab rat, just give me a lab bench and something to research!

elizabethplaid


quality posts: 0 Private Messages elizabethplaid
Re: messy eater



I... don't get it.

80verna


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 80verna

I'm new here, this is my first derby; am I right in thinking it ain't over til it's over?

L'il caterpillar still has chance yes???