joshuajmasters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshuajmasters
Re: The Experiment: Happiness is...

As the Peanuts always said, "happiness is a boy and his dog."

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
odysseyroc wrote:In honor of this design I used science to create these "fusion" tacos: Smoked tri-tip with ahi, onion, cilantro and cholula.

can i come over to your place for dinner? =)

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
Re: High School Scientific Method

Ah, the good ol' days of learning the scientific method in Chemistry class. Filled with the noxious fumes of burning erasers...

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
odysseyroc wrote:In honor of this design I used science to create these "fusion" tacos: Smoked tri-tip with ahi, onion, cilantro and cholula.

Good lord, man! You and your gosh darn TACO PICTURES! They make me so hungry! We don't have a good taco place to go to around here... taco johns... taco bell... meh.
I want THESE!!!

+1 on the shirt. I hope this one gets appreciated in the way that all of your ideas do. If not, do what jabber said and print it somewhere else! It's great!

joshuajmasters

Re: Lab Rat

Nice work. I like the design of the people... your explanation makes sense to me.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: The Experiment: Happiness is...

very cute design janesko, love the color combo too.

joshuajmasters

penguinator27 wrote:I'm all for kelly green shirts, but I think your chalkboard thingy might be more effective on another color. Love the design.

Thanks, I tried it on black... but it didn't look right.

JesseBYAH

tgentry wrote:Hey, that's how I tricked a girl into marrying me! Great job.

LOL

effiew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages effiew
Re: science party!

The frog is a little disturbing, but I DO love the green!

shinobamoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinobamoon
Re: The Science of Beauty

reminds me of Scarlett Johanssen

joshuajmasters

Re: science party!

WELL DONE! Creepy and Cute at the same time... not an easy emotion to create. I like it, even if I do end up sleeping with the lights on tonight.

mopete27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mopete27

Hope this wins because I want one. Can I get a chicken and beef taco? :P

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
Re: Buck Music

Am I missing something? What's the scientific method here?

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

JesseBYAH

graffd02 wrote:Sorry about the quick re-sub... go ahead and re-vote if you need to, I had to fix a couple of things on the top equation.

The top equation is the basic probability of rolling a 20 sided dice (using binomial coefficient and combinations).

The bottom simple equation is the basic simplified formula to find the probability of rolling a double 20. (1 in 400)

1 color
on Chalkboard Green

Hey, just an idea- maybe put the dice in the thumbnail. It's so recognizeable that it might make more people click. Maybe.

This is otterific, though. Never played D&D but I can appreciate the concept here. Funny stuff :P

effiew

Re: Me Eat WHAT?!?

I'd like it more if the art on the veggies was a little better executed. It's a cute idea.

joshuajmasters

Re: Chemistry

For these guys, breaking up really will be hard to do.

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
BootsBoots wrote:I know. I keep mucking it up. I looked at it too long and I don't think I'm making good decisions anymore.

LOL

I definitely preferred the red, but I like the symbols here better.

You've GMV either way, but the other colors + these symbols would be my fave. ;)

This is a really great shirt. My hubs has been waiting for a woot shirt he'd like to buy; if this wins, I'm sure this'll be it. ;)

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

murraymullet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages murraymullet
sogj wrote:Am I missing something? What's the scientific method here?

Music + Nature = otterific

ronzalone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ronzalone
sogj wrote:Am I missing something? What's the scientific method here?

Testing the hypothesis of if headphones are placed on a deer, then electricity will be produced?

spookynutz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spookynutz

It'll never happen, but I wish Woot! would change their policy so that voting on a shirt means that you automatically get billed for any shirts you vote on that prints.

I've liked two or three of ramyb/sekioyawhatever's shirts (own one), but the rest tend to be sub-par artwork without a lot of thought to the concept. Just my opinion. I've also watched controversy abound as mediocre shirt after mediocre shirt of theirs gets upvoted into the fog over some truly good-looking, well-thought-out designs.

The same happens with other artists as well, which is why I haven't purchased a shirt from this site in a long time: too much favoritism, not enough originality. If people were committing to pay for a shirt they voted on, we'd see a lot less favoritism, I'm sure.

lucky1988

Re: Taco Math

Love it!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: Taco Math

@sogj, like my mom always said "make yourself a dang quessadilla"

@vzfamily, I'm trying my best to get a taco design as often as possible.

@jabberjaws,Thanks. I'm pretty happy with this, I'll get this thing printed one way or another.

@Lagbert&Spiritgreen, Funny thing about the colors is the only real change is the shirt color. As much as I'd love to use the brighter colors all the times, sometimes you just need something neutral.

@Kylemittskus&Paigeg, Thanks.I hope a whole lot of people agree with you.

@Endangeredomega, I'm hoping that the deliciousness of tacos combined with the nerdiness of math appeals to the voters here.

@megsck, sure thing. if you hop the next plane to St. Louis you might make it in time for dinner.

effiew

Re: Donuts are Devils Riding Unicorns

I hope this prints! I really like the design. The artwork reminds me a lot of this comic:

http://www.sisterclaire.com

I'm not suggesting it's a rip off, so no one get their panties in a wad. The blue/shiny/bubbliness off it just reminded me of the toon.

ronzalone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ronzalone
Re: High School Scientific Method

I like how you drew the pencil marks showing where they ran.

sgr1021

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgr1021
Re: The Science of Beauty

I had a feeling there would be some "looks like..." comments- but this is an imaginary person simply based on the "ideal proportions for attractiveness" - I guess all the pretty famous ladies must fit this standard to some degree! It should be an interesting "experiment" to see how many likenesses people see! Thanks! :-)

megsck

Re: Chemistry

im guessing this is how love potion #9 was made =)

JesseBYAH

mjc613 wrote:Why don't these guys have claw marks on them and tears on their lab coats?

They were smart and de-clawed the cats first ;) lol

Poor, poor traumatized kitties! This is great though, haha

lucky1988

Re: Extreme Makeover

Danke Spiritgreen!

Cheers (pun intended) megsck!

Ha, tgentry no way. You're a good looking fellow.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Nothing Beats the Monkey V2

Ok. Brought the red back. I'm a hot mess today.

Blacksmokey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blacksmokey

Schweet.

odysseyroc

JesseBYAH wrote:Good lord, man! You and your gosh darn TACO PICTURES! They make me so hungry! We don't have a good taco place to go to around here... taco johns... taco bell... meh.
I want THESE!!!

+1 on the shirt. I hope this one gets appreciated in the way that all of your ideas do. If not, do what jabber said and print it somewhere else! It's great!

There aren't any good taco places where I live either. It really sucks after living my whole life in So Cal. The upside for me is that I'm cooking way more than I ever did in LA.

I had the misfortune of trying Taco John's for the first time, a month or so back. We drove from St Louis to Kansas City (just to get some barbecue) and stopped to get gas in the middle of Missouri somewhere. Taco John's was across the street from the gas station, and I just HAD to try it. I knew it wouldn't be good, but that wasn't going to stop me. It made Taco Bell look like King Taco.

megsck

odysseyroc wrote:
@megsck, sure thing. if you hop the next plane to St. Louis you might make it in time for dinner.

awwwwww dammit! why couldn't i get invited when my bf lived in kansas city! land in KC to visit the bf then drive 6 hours for some bomb tacos...totally worth it.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
sogj wrote:LOL

I definitely preferred the red, but I like the symbols here better.

You've GMV either way, but the other colors + these symbols would be my fave. ;)

This is a really great shirt. My hubs has been waiting for a woot shirt he'd like to buy; if this wins, I'm sure this'll be it. ;)

Ok, ok! I brought the red back. I tell ya. ;)

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=45638

Thanks so much for the help, everyone.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Role reversal shirts are forever the bane of my existence (what if staplers stapled us?!? what if food ate us?!? what if cars drove us... ad nausea) but this has a positive stance of sort going for it if you're against animal testing/cruelty.

lucky1988

Re: I'm doing science and I'm still alive

I love the T-rex scientist, especially his glasses! +1

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox
endangeredomega wrote:The side-ways shirt-comp doesn't seem to add much here ... but I guess now I know what this design will look like if I'm lying down?

Or if the people looking at you are lying down. The reclining demographic is appallingly marginalized at woot, and we're not going to stand for it any more!

odysseyroc

megsck wrote:awwwwww dammit! why couldn't i get invited when my bf lived in kansas city! land in KC to visit the bf then drive 6 hours for some bomb tacos...totally worth it.

You're in Los Dangerous, you can randomly walk into a building and find some really good tacos.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Test Tube Baby

I love it so much Patrick! +1

I just sent you a message

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
BootsBoots wrote:Ok. Brought the red back. I'm a hot mess today.

Red > Asphalt

This is great! XD

juliaL719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719

Spiritgreen-

I have no idea how you get so much life into your drawings, but dang, do I want to hang out with them.

That caterpillar is basically having the best time ever.

Adorbs.