+ Add a Comment

aaporyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaporyes

I like the concept of the shirt, but have an issue with execution. Her face doesn't look symmetrical to me.

Re: The Science of Beauty

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
saera55 wrote:My only issue with this shirt is that there are two times when you add [granola bar/2]. Once at the beginning and once at the end. So.. the math doesn't really add up for me.

However, I'm still voting yes and I'm still buying it if it gets picked. :D

goof. You start out with half a graham cracker (graham cracker/2), a piece of chocolate, toast the marshmallow, add it, and then at the end you add the other half a graham cracker (the second graham cracker/2) and squooosh it all together, melting the chocolate, some, with the marshmallow. The equation is correct.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Taco Math

Glad to see this one doing so well. It deserves it.

Also, tacos rule!

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
Re: The Impatient Aviator

The leaf texture is pretty great and the caterpillar's expression just makes you happy!

joshuajmasters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshuajmasters
Re: She Blew Me Up With Science

This is not what I was expecting when I clicked on the thumbnail. The design is really great... amazing characterization! Great work.

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo

O M G!!!!! I love this. It is the cute.

WANT!!!!!!!!!

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

I really like the placement on this one.

joshuajmasters

Re: Making a Friend

I guess if you can't make friends, you have to MAKE friends.

BaldBob007

Re: Test Tube Baby

Great characters and wonderful pun!

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
Re: Double Helix

I think you would need to change how the strands cross over each other to represent the crystallography Rosalind Franklin did. She got x-rays of A- and B-DNA structures. The main strand here looks left-handed to me, which would make it Z-DNA. I'm not a scientist, though, so I could be wrong.

alfbo

goldprodigy wrote:Before I descend into my rant I must qualify my statement. I mean no offense to you as I haven't been on shirtwoot long enough to be familiar with anyone's work. That being said, I am disgusted by the shirtwoot community because by simply illustrating a cat,artists seem to instantaneously place in the top 15 shirts and likely gets his or her shirt printed, regardless of the minimal amount of thought going into the message of the shirt. Further more, all these internet references have been beaten to death and yet the simple minded shirtwoot community consistently vote them into the top 3.

It's because cats rule, and dogs drool. Get over it.

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

joshuajmasters

TOO funny! That's awesomrific!

odysseyroc

I like that you went really big with the print, though big prints aren't all that popular around here. the subject matter seems like the thing that would do well here, but the size of the print might hurt you.

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
goldprodigy wrote:Before I descend into my rant I must qualify my statement. I mean no offense to you as I haven't been on shirtwoot long enough to be familiar with anyone's work. That being said, I am disgusted by the shirtwoot community because by simply illustrating a cat,artists seem to instantaneously place in the top 15 shirts and likely gets his or her shirt printed, regardless of the minimal amount of thought going into the message of the shirt. Further more, all these internet references have been beaten to death and yet the simple minded shirtwoot community consistently vote them into the top 3.

I think there's a bit more to it than just drawing a cat and getting votes. I could draw a cat and a cheeseburger and get relatively few votes because I am not a great artist. While this shirt only has two colors, there is a certain style to it which makes it worth voting for--and I'm not a cat lover, per se. All that being said, I know there must be a certain contingent of woot voters that only vote for fuzzy animal sirts, and I wish that weren't true.

Hammylink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink
Re: Order of Operations

I would have put marshmallow + stick over fire and use brackets ->[] for the outer parenthesis. Maybe if you resub you might wanna change that

alfbo

Re: Lab Rat

At least it's on topic.

odysseyroc

You know you have a winning idea when the thumb doesn't work and it's solidly in the fog. Great work!

BaldBob007

A perfect formula for happiness.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
kylemittskus wrote:Aside from similar shirts exist and thematic connection, the above is grounds for rejection alone.

Woot has set a precedent for allowing direct resubs of formerly rejected shirts

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
Zarfus wrote:All the ramy hating is getting really freaking old. His designs are well done, and people like them. If I had half as much talent as he (she?) did, I would also try to cash in on woot shirts and give people what they want and vote for.

Well done is subjective but I don't care to argue it.

It's not "hating" when an entry is off topic (I feel like this one is, but I'm not anyone who decides that), it's breaking the rules.

I'll admit, I kind of liked it on the front page, but I also thought "yknow, that's pretty off topic unless they have a good explanation" and had a feeling I knew who the artist was. I was right on both counts.

If this were some sort of science or biology derby straight up, I'd probably vote for this design. It's not, so I won't.

alfbo

Re: The Experiment: Happiness is...

I like that the kid has a "diverse" skin tone.

Darquis

This is very well executed and I laughed at the pun...but I'm not sure I see it fitting "scientific method"

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: Curiosity Kills

Oops he forgot to put on his nose when he woke up this morning.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

viciousspike

quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike
Re: Feline Intelligence

Yeah...I'm not sure why this has so many votes...

odysseyroc

Re: Donuts are Devils Riding Unicorns

Way cool. It's a weird concept, but it totally works

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
zekecatz wrote:I hope your brother is okay. Just a regular staple in the thumb hurt so much.

It was an air powered stapler, and he dropped it. He caught it just as it fell to his foot, and the guard triggered it to release a staple. It was easily 30 years ago- the doctors cut his shoe up, but that was the only long term damage.

Darquis

yankeebird wrote:But in violation of the "no text" rule.

Depends on if those 4 icons are considered a formula. Which I admit, would be a loose interpretation of the rules.

If it were me, I would use a shirt blank other than blue and then have each box be a different color (with white outline and text) - I think it'd stand out more.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: High School Scientific Method

Haaaaaaa this is funny! +1! Totally reminds me of something I would have done in high school chem class. I couldn't anything right, I swear.

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
mjc613 wrote:I do not see the theme here. No science, no method.

I get it. I think. It's like a creative flow chart. The ? represents the hypothesis, the + - / x represent the experimentation and analysis, and the !! represents the conclusion.

Maybe? :/

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

viciousspike

Re: The Science of Twenty Sided Dice

I want this soooo bad it hurts. Put the d20 in the thumbnail. get more votes. I want.

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
jbb04 wrote:Well, that's brilliant! Do they still have sandwiches there?

Can I get a towel??

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

Darquis

AdderXYU wrote:It really isn't. It's just a hitchhiker's reference couched in some hideous glow and questionably executed drawing. This would not be in the fog without that. would you really wear this if it was a dolphin and a small cactus?

One more case of wholly unattractive being covered up by geek-ref.

I wouldn't use the words adder uses, but some of the sentiment is shared: if this weren't a reference to HHG, would people like it and be voting on it?

laughalot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages laughalot
AdderXYU wrote:It really isn't. It's just a hitchhiker's reference couched in some hideous glow and questionably executed drawing. This would not be in the fog without that. would you really wear this if it was a dolphin and a small cactus?

One more case of wholly unattractive being covered up by geek-ref.

I would wear it even if it was a dolphin and a small cactus. It would still be a funny shirt. Who hasn't 'tested' gravity at some point or other?

Most people don't get Hitchhiker's Guide references, but they would still understand the shirt's main point. I know, it's a sad, sad world out there full of people who have not experienced the awesomeness!

Darquis

yankeebird wrote:I actually clicked on it because I was intrigued how a shirt with a broken thumbnail got into the fog. I had to see what was so otterific that the thumbnail was irrelevant.

Love it.

there's some scientific method in action: does a shirt with no thumbnail get more or less views than it's compatriot with one?

viciousspike

Re: science party!

...wow...I'm not sure whats going on here...but I freakin LOVE IT!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
BaldBob007 wrote:Red > Asphalt

This is great! XD

Yes! I saw the asphalt sub earlier and thought 'whyyyYYyy noooOOooOooo!'. Well maybe not that dramatic, but the red look great

Vote!

Darquis

Re: Chemistry

Oh wow, this is most excellently done. But how do you think it demonstrates the scientific method?

goldprodigy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldprodigy
alfbo wrote:It's because cats rule, and dogs drool. Get over it.

Thanks for the insight into the mind of this wonderful community.

viciousspike

I like it...but I have to admit it seems a bit homorobotic. GMV anyway.

BaldBob007

joshuajmasters wrote:Thanks, I tried it on black... but it didn't look right.

Yeah, black and kelly green are the obvious choices. Though, navy might be worth trying if you are ever doing this style again. Nice concept! ;)