wildcatboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wildcatboy

Has Woot! ever considered adding a V-neck option to its t-shirts?

I know, i know...it seems against everything totally geeky and wootness, but there are a few shirts I have that I almost think they may look better or be more wearable as a v-neck.

aka..Nightlife or from this weeks derby shirts like...

Made of Carbon

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
wildcatboy wrote:Has Woot! ever considered adding a V-neck option to its t-shirts?

I know, i know...it seems against everything totally geeky and wootness, but there are a few shirts I have that I almost think they may look better or be more wearable as a v-neck.

aka..Nightlife or from this weeks derby shirts like...

Made of Carbon

Very very few designs would look better as a v-neck. You're not the first to suggest it and you won't be the last. But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
yankeebird wrote:Very very few designs would look better as a v-neck. You're not the first to suggest it and you won't be the last. But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

I'm sure it's on their priority list somewhere among long sleeves, sweatshirts, posters, stickers, large format vinyl (to pimp your ride with), and other such things that have been suggested.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
genericsmith wrote:I'm sure it's on their priority list somewhere among long sleeves, sweatshirts, posters, stickers, large format vinyl (to pimp your ride with), and other such things that have been suggested.

You forgot prints, for those designs that are apparently too good for shirts, never mind that it's not hard to frame a t-shirt as a print.

Someone once requested bags. Their idea was that Woot could just make the bags out of the cotton they use to make their shirts. I got good laugh out of that one.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
jmmbell1987 wrote:You forgot prints, for those designs that are apparently too good for shirts, never mind that it's not hard to frame a t-shirt as a print.

Someone once requested bags. Their idea was that Woot could just make the bags out of the cotton they use to make their shirts. I got good laugh out of that one.

American Apparel bags. The most scantily clad bags in America

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
jmmbell1987 wrote:You forgot prints, for those designs that are apparently too good for shirts, never mind that it's not hard to frame a t-shirt as a print.

Are we making requests now? I want temporary tattoos! Lots and lots of temporary tattoos.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13

Deleted. Vik had a good point, might not have been directed at me.

Happy Beer.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
jabberjaws13 wrote:I said prints, but I said it in terms of the classics so that woot wouldn't need sizing. I know how to frame a shirt.

Thanks for taking it out of context.

I wouldn't take it personally, as I don't think he was referring to you. Many, many people over the years have commented on certain designs and said "I wouldn't buy this as a shirt, but I'd buy it as a print to put on my wall." I believe the OP was directing his comment mostly at those folks.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
kylemittskus wrote:Are we making requests now? I want temporary tattoos! Lots and lots of temporary tattoos.

Great... I can see all the ramyouku trampstamps now.

*shudder*

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

skenneldogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skenneldogs

More colors definitely trumps v-necks for me. My closet is so full of royal blue, brown, and black that I'm just not buying shirts on those colors anymore. ... unless they're aaawwwwesome.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
skenneldogs wrote:More colors definitely trumps v-necks for me. My closet is so full of royal blue, brown, and black that I'm just not buying shirts on those colors anymore. ... unless they're aaawwwwesome.

And asphalt. I have more asphalt than any other color. AA has lots of great colors, if Woot would just consider adding a few.

npasqua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npasqua

This has been on my mind for a long time. I see shirts I would buy ALL the time, and the only reason I never buy them is because I simply dislike crew-necks.

My argument is not that the shirts would look better in a V-neck, but that I just want it in a V-neck. My impulsive woot-shopping would easily translate to impulsive woot-t-shirt-shopping if there were V-neck options.

SirGecko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko
npasqua wrote:This has been on my mind for a long time. I see shirts I would buy ALL the time, and the only reason I never buy them is because I simply dislike crew-necks.

My argument is not that the shirts would look better in a V-neck, but that I just want it in a V-neck. My impulsive woot-shopping would easily translate to impulsive woot-t-shirt-shopping if there were V-neck options.

They had a couple of side sales over the last year that featured v-necks. I bought several shirts on each one and am glad I did because they haven't really printed more since.(not sure why maybe because it is winter?) I am hoping that woot didn't just decide to discontinue the v-neck option.

I think the paucity of shirts probably was because you need a pretty specific design to look good on a v-neck. Most if not all of them are a lot taller than they are wide to that they look good being on just one side of the shirt.

I would be in full support of woot someday just doing a v-neck derby but I don't really see it happening. Crew necks just seem to be more universal I guess.

Examples: http://shirt.woot.com/offers/gardening-at-night-v-neck-tee
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/phoenix-rising-v-neck-tee
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/playing-koi-v-neck-tee