Float410

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Float410

I also cant spell... sorry... "two" cutsy... is what I meant to say... ahem...

Sokudoningyou

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sokudoningyou
theoneill555 wrote:This is obviously a guy's shirt as I do not know any girls who will eat something off the floor - not even chocolate.

This girl does, all the time. I'm also almost never sick; my body scoffs at germs and kicks their ass.

Kalari

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Kalari
thelocker wrote:I can't believe that they don't have more. You got to get up early to get a good Woot t-shirt if you live in the West.

Or just stay up until 10:01 at night. That's what I usually do, unless I'm super tired (or don't care about anything in the derby).

• (25)shirt.woots
  • (1) Bag o' Crap! 9/22/10

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
Float410 wrote:I also cant spell... sorry... "two" cutsy... is what I meant to say... ahem...

And probably "cutesy."

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

Congrats on the early sell out! It was a really funny concept.

iliaw38

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iliaw38

Please reprint soon!!!!

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
DoublEE wrote:And probably "cutesy."

and probably "too" ? Still not sure what the intended message is lol

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

kyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyle

It would be nice if shirt.woot sold as many as people wanted order on the day the shirt is announced--it's not like they can't just print up more of them--why have a limit and "sell out"? I'm sure magically they will no longer be sold out tomorrow when the shirt is $15!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Wow! Good job SeedUvPain, with a 8:40 AM sell out! A.wesome. =D

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice
kyle wrote:It would be nice if shirt.woot sold as many as people wanted order on the day the shirt is announced--it's not like they can't just print up more of them--why have a limit and "sell out"? I'm sure magically they will no longer be sold out tomorrow when the shirt is $15!

Really no magic involved. that's how they roll... they print 3000 shirts for the initial run of each of the derby placers. That's the deal. Then, the day after, more are available at the higher rate (still no shipping).

Where's the crap?

Hammylink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink

Sweet! This was the only one in the contenders that I voted for.

Hammylink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink
DianaSprinkle wrote:Wow! Good job SeedUvPain, with a 8:40 AM sell out! A.wesome. =D

I hope they pick your shirt for editors choice or something. I'd get it if you could submit somewhere else.

copirate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages copirate

Love the idea, but it kinda looks like a salted turd

kittypoocaca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittypoocaca
theoneill555 wrote:This is obviously a guy's shirt as I do not know any girls who will eat something off the floor - not even chocolate.

I'm gonna call BS on this. I don't know anyone, girl or otherwise, who hasn't envoked the 5 second rule at least once in their life. Although I will say, I am a girl and I always thought it was the 3 second rule. Maybe boys get an extra 2 seconds.

magicfen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magicfen

You know, I might have bought this shirt, if it didn't immediately look like a "poop pretzel". blechhh!

3 random craps, compaq presario desktop, 3 GB Nano, 3 screaming monkeys, photo paper, sandisk memory stick, sansa E250 MP3 player, photo paper, ipod nano, helicopters, wallet, vivicam 5MB camera

brentjk1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brentjk1
kittypoocaca wrote:I'm gonna call BS on this. I don't know anyone, girl or otherwise, who hasn't envoked the 5 second rule at least once in their life. Although I will say, I am a girl and I always thought it was the 3 second rule. Maybe boys get an extra 2 seconds.

I thought I was good making it to ten seconds...

Wait..WRONG RULE.

bakadude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bakadude

ARGH! I want this shirt! When is the reprint?

bmelnyk0

quality posts: 41 Private Messages bmelnyk0
bakadude wrote:ARGH! I want this shirt! When is the reprint?

You'll be able to purchase it at midnight central time for 15 dollars plus free shipping

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee

Wow! I am amazed at how fast this sold out! I saw it at 1 am, and by the time I woke up at 11 am it was all sold out!

djschusta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djschusta
lifesource wrote:They are- E.coli ( bacillus), streptococcus sp., and monococcus sp.

Hi Lifesource, I am a microbiologist and I disagree with E. coli. When E. coli is motile and expresses flagella, it is peritrichous. In other words, those long stringy looking structures that help bacteria swim are located all over the cell, not just on just one end.

Note that the rod shaped bacteria is slightly curved, and is monotrichous. This is very much indicative of a Vibrio species bacterium. I would call this bacteria Vibrio cholerae, the causative agent of cholera. Perhaps it is Vibrio parahaemolyticus, known for being a nasty pathogen usually contracted by eating raw shellfish.

I should know this, I am a vibriologist and I study both cholera and parahaemolyticus!!

Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a sharp OMG PONIES!!ing knife to it.

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva
djschusta wrote:Hi Lifesource, I am a microbiologist and I disagree with E. coli. When E. coli is motile and expresses flagella, it is peritrichous. In other words, those long stringy looking structures that help bacteria swim are located all over the cell, not just on just one end.

Note that the rod shaped bacteria is slightly curved, and is monotrichous. This is very much indicative of a Vibrio species bacterium. I would call this bacteria Vibrio cholerae, the causative agent of cholera. Perhaps it is Vibrio parahaemolyticus, known for being a nasty pathogen usually contracted by eating raw shellfish.

I should know this, I am a vibriologist and I study both cholera and parahaemolyticus!!

you obviously make a lot more money than I do

yeawuteva

copirate wrote:Love the idea, but it kinda looks like a salted turd

I love the idea too, and was going to buy it tomorrow since it's sold out- and was bummed I would have to pay an extra five bucks (I know I'm cheap but please blame the economy not me) but now that you mention it, it does (from a distance) seem indicative of turd-like specimens and I will therefore not be buying it, thanks for making me aware. Goes to show things aren't always as great as they first seem.

yeawuteva

bakadude wrote:ARGH! I want this shirt! When is the reprint?

you'll be able to purchase it tomorrow if you're willing to pay a 50% surcharge for being late...

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
kyle wrote:It would be nice if shirt.woot sold as many as people wanted order on the day the shirt is announced--it's not like they can't just print up more of them--why have a limit and "sell out"? I'm sure magically they will no longer be sold out tomorrow when the shirt is $15!

Or just make sure to get in early enough to get a shirt before it sells out.

djschusta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djschusta
skatimmy737 wrote:Any guesses on the bacteria? I'm guessing at least one is e coli.

Not E. coli, Vibrio cholerae: http://www.trasancos.net/departamentos/bioxeo/images/bacterias/vibrio_cholerae.jpg

The round microbe is NOT a bacterium. It is a classic herpes virus: http://darwin.bio.uci.edu/~faculty/wagner/hsvimg02z.jpg

And yes, the bacteria (plural) on the shirt that has a chain of cocci (spheres) is multiple streptococci http://student.ccbcmd.edu/courses/bio141/lecguide/unit2/bacpath/plaque_SEM.html

Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a sharp OMG PONIES!!ing knife to it.

yeawuteva

mindputtee wrote:Wow! I am amazed at how fast this sold out! I saw it at 1 am, and by the time I woke up at 11 am it was all sold out!

10 hours of sleep:NICE~!!!

yeawuteva

here's some info about the 5 second rule according to wikipedia (apologies if this has already been posted):

The five second rule is a popular fiction regarding the eating of food that has fallen to the floor or ground. The origin of the rule is unknown. The substance of the rule is that if food falls on the ground, it may be safely eaten as long as it is picked up within five seconds.
There are many variations on the rule. Sometimes the time limit is modified so that it is known variously as the "three-second rule", "seven-second rule", "thirty-second rule", and "five-minute rule", among others. In some variations, the person picking up the food arbitrarily extends the time limit based on the actual amount of time required to retrieve the food. This also can vary based on the surface on which the food was dropped. In Russia there exists a similar rule: "Promptly picked up is not considered fallen".
[edit]Research

Although it has received little scholarly attention, the five-second rule has been studied as both a public health recommendation and as a sociological effect. It is yet to be proven.
In 2003, intern Jillian Clarke of the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign found in a survey that 56% of the men and 70% of the women surveyed were familiar with the five-second rule. She also determined that a variety of foods were significantly contaminated by even brief exposure to a tile inoculated with E.coli.[1] On the other hand, Clarke found no significant evidence of contamination on public flooring.[2] Clarke received the 2004 Ig Nobel Prize in public health (a parody award) for this work.[3]
A more thorough study in 2006 using salmonella on wood, tiles, and nylon carpet found that the bacteria were still thriving after twenty-eight days of exposure under dry conditions.[4] Tested after eight hours' exposure, the bacteria could still contaminate bread and bologna in under five minutes, but an hour-long contact increased contamination about tenfold (with tile and carpet surfaces only).[5]
The five-second rule was also featured in an episode of the Discovery Channel series MythBusters. There was no significant difference in the number of bacteria collected from 2 seconds exposure as there was from 6 seconds exposure. The moisture, surface geometry and the location the food item was dropped on did, however, affect the number of bacteria.[6]
Ted Allen put the rule to the test in an episode of Food Detectives, and found that bacteria will cling to food immediately. High traffic areas will lead to even more bacteria on the food.
Clemson University conducted research on this as well. "A team from Clemson University conducted a study measuring the bacteria levels on classic 5 second rule locations such as outdoor soil, the sidewalk, kitchen counters (especially porous counters – this doesn’t include granite), and kitchen floors. It may shock you to find out that it might be MORE dangerous to eat food that you just dropped on your floor in the kitchen than on a sidewalk." [

voidstarpointer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages voidstarpointer

As a microbiologist in a food science department, I had to get this!

yeawuteva

ronzalone wrote:Where ever this is, those floor boards must be awfully tiny, given the aspect ratio.

I learned something new today about aspect ratio-

Thank you!!!

yeawuteva

voidstarpointer wrote:As a microbiologist in a food science department, I had to get this!

you rebel- watch out for this guy!

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom

*raises hand* Depends on the food and the condition of the floor, but yeah, I've definitely done that.

bekahthepika

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bekahthepika

You'd be surprised. Most of us gals wouldn't think twice about picking something off the ground as long as no one was looking.

Although I'm not exactly your average girl, seeing that I bought this the moment I saw it. Plus I don't care if solid food has been on the ground. As long as there's no dirt on it, it's cool.

And Kudos to SeedUvPain, the design is flippin' genius.

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator

Awes0me

mickerst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mickerst

You can buy it tomorrow for $15 (no shipping)

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
djschusta wrote:

The round microbe is NOT a bacterium. It is a classic herpes virus: http://darwin.bio.uci.edu/~faculty/wagner/hsvimg02z.jpg

And I for one would like to know how a herpes virus ended up on the floor, and why the heck it would care about a pretzel lol

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

merzzie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merzzie

Sold out for real? Bummer

davisna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davisna

Psssst... Yeast aren't bacteria. Wine and beer actually come from fungi...

amymacc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amymacc

Food safety auditor, out all day auditing for the stuff and missed this one!! :-(

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain

Thank you everyone so much! I'm currently in Europe meeting my girlfriend's ENTIRE family, and this definitely made our holiday (vacation for us Americans.) Everything is 7 hours ahead at the moment, so yes, I am speaking to you all FROM THE FUTURE. Glad you like the shirt and I look forward to getting back and designing with you all once more. Cheers!

Butane007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Butane007

Make more, Gosh Darnit! I want one too!