wendywc


quality posts: 1 Private Messages wendywc

It's 3 second rule. WTH is 5 second rule?

2 more for inflation?

jstjred


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jstjred
mindputtee wrote:Wow! I am amazed at how fast this sold out! I saw it at 1 am, and by the time I woke up at 11 am it was all sold out!



I want that life. Woke up at 11am. Whew.

theoneill555


quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

Sorry, ladies, I was just noting that I have never seen a girl eat off the floor; however, every guy at my work has.

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

NightGhost


quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost
MadamAtom wrote:*raises hand* Depends on the food and the condition of the floor, but yeah, I've definitely done that.



What about picking up baby's pacifier off the floor and sticking it back in his mouth?

lifesource


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lifesource
djschusta wrote:Hi Lifesource, I am a microbiologist and I disagree with E. coli. When E. coli is motile and expresses flagella, it is peritrichous. In other words, those long stringy looking structures that help bacteria swim are located all over the cell, not just on just one end.

Note that the rod shaped bacteria is slightly curved, and is monotrichous. This is very much indicative of a Vibrio species bacterium. I would call this bacteria Vibrio cholerae, the causative agent of cholera. Perhaps it is Vibrio parahaemolyticus, known for being a nasty pathogen usually contracted by eating raw shellfish.

I should know this, I am a vibriologist and I study both cholera and parahaemolyticus!!



I agree with you.
I think it is probably vibrio sp. ( most likely vibrio cholerae, not the parahemolyticus, as we are just talking about pretzl-- not shellfish etc. )
Sorry, I did not want to go to far and be too detail about the organism- I should have just said that it is bacillus and stopped there.
good observation though!.

lifesource


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lifesource

Djschusta, I don't think it is herpes virus.
virus is much smaller than bacteria. However the size of the " round microbe" is almost the same as the streptococcus- so most likely is monococcus. However, when we are talking about food poisoning- I don't know which monococcus gives you food poisoning. A few coccobacilli-however- such as clostridium- is associated with food poisoning.
If you think it is virus-- then I think that it is most likely a ROTAVIRUS-- and not a herpes virus. Rotavirus is one of the most common cause of food poisoning...

NightGhost


quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost
lifesource wrote:Djschusta, I don't think it is herpes virus.
virus is much smaller than bacteria. However the size of the " round microbe" is almost the same as the streptococcus- so most likely is monococcus. However, when we are talking about food poisoning- I don't know which monococcus gives you food poisoning. A few coccobacilli-however- such as clostridium- is one of the cause of food poisoning.
If you think it is virus-- then I will think that it is most likely a ROTAVIRUS-- and not a herpes virus. Rotavirus is one of the most common cause of food poisoning...



I have read through all the posts about which microorganisms are depicted in the shirt. After careful consideration, I must declare that they are three buggie-wuggies.

lifesource


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lifesource
djschusta wrote:Not E. coli, Vibrio cholerae: http://www.trasancos.net/departamentos/bioxeo/images/bacterias/vibrio_cholerae.jpg

The round microbe is NOT a bacterium. It is a classic herpes virus: http://darwin.bio.uci.edu/~faculty/wagner/hsvimg02z.jpg

And yes, the bacteria (plural) on the shirt that has a chain of cocci (spheres) is multiple streptococci http://student.ccbcmd.edu/courses/bio141/lecguide/unit2/bacpath/plaque_SEM.html



I don't think that the round microbe is herpes virus.

virus is much smaller than bacteria. However the size of the " round microbe" is almost the same as the streptococcus- so most likely is monococcus. However, when we are talking about food poisoning- I don't know which monococcus gives you food poisoning. A few coccobacilli-however- such as clostridium- is associated with food poisoning.
If you think it is virus-- then I think that it is most likely a ROTAVIRUS-- and not a herpes virus. Rotavirus is one of the most common cause of food poisoning...

lifesource


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lifesource
NightGhost wrote:I have read through all the posts about which microorganisms are depicted in the shirt. After careful consideration, I must declare that they are three buggie-wuggies.



LOL. I completely agree with you. they are three buggie-wigglie-wuggies

jamesbottomtooth


quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth

bacteriums reminds of the oblongs. just as the style. i like it. good thing that its sold out, because i might have bought one.

http://www.google.com/images?q=oblongs&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=iv&source=lnms&tbs=isch:1&ei=L3ydTMeOOsL6lwfy_J3iCQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&ved=0CAsQ_AU&biw=1680&bih=935

yeawuteva


quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva

Congrats NightGhost on your 1000th quality post

CougarBait


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CougarBait
bpr2 wrote:I don’t get it



5 second rule...like when someone drops food on the ground and the guy next to them's all like: "5 second rule dawg"

briancrawmer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages briancrawmer

Love this shirt. I just hope I won't have to explain the hilarity behind it to everyone I meet whilst wearing it.

killer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages killer

Is this shirt still available?

hmerwin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmerwin
killer wrote:Is this shirt still available?



This shirt is still available on our Reckoning page.

lemurtx


quality posts: 4 Private Messages lemurtx
theoneill555 wrote:This is obviously a guy's shirt as I do not know any girls who will eat something off the floor - not even chocolate.



Depends on what the food is (and the condition of the floor!), but I've been known to adhere to the 5 second rule occasionally. (I draw the line at anything icing-covered.) ;)

bekahthepika


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bekahthepika

Am I the only one who's shirt didn't seem to look right? The colors are off and there are several changes to the graphic, such a the lowest right floorboard not ending with a gradient into the t-shirt color but a big blob of tan ink, and all the salt crystals on the top of the graphic have the white "tails" even though they don't have it on the image online. I don't mean to be picky, but what gives?

NotCesar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages NotCesar

I had a very stronger feeling that bacteria is considerate of our food needs first. Besides, my reaction time is often envied by them!


[MOD: Generally, we don't allow self-promotion of your shirts in other threads like this. You are welcome to put it in your signature though. I did this one for you to show you how. You can edit your signature in they My Account link at the top of the page. ]

sanmarin0


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanmarin0

Does anyone know if the bacteria in the picture are clearly visible when someone is wearing the shirt. They look kinda small.

chighost01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chighost01
sanmarin0 wrote:Does anyone know if the bacteria in the picture are clearly visible when someone is wearing the shirt. They look kinda small.



Yeah You can see them. They arent super small but you can tell what they are.

hmerwin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmerwin
bekahthepika wrote:Am I the only one who's shirt didn't seem to look right? The colors are off and there are several changes to the graphic, such a the lowest right floorboard not ending with a gradient into the t-shirt color but a big blob of tan ink, and all the salt crystals on the top of the graphic have the white "tails" even though they don't have it on the image online. I don't mean to be picky, but what gives?



Please contact service@woot.com for assistance.

Ellasmommy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ellasmommy

I love this shirt!

malachias


quality posts: 0 Private Messages malachias

why are those aliens bowling with a pretzel?

Hippie2MARS


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Hippie2MARS
Ellasmommy wrote:I love this shirt!



I got mine yesterday and wore it to work today. I got smiles from several people when they realized what it was! I also got a couple of very odd, not work appropriate, remarks from folks that didn't get what the shirt was actually saying. I wasn't expecting that!

willerz2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages willerz2

So I'm located in NY, and I see that the shirt's origin is in NY. My question is, can I pick it up in person to save the delivery fee and time?

goldenthorn


quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

willerz2 wrote:So I'm located in NY, and I see that the shirt's origin is in NY. My question is, can I pick it up in person to save the delivery fee and time?



Nope.

Designer is from NY. Shirts are made and sent out from Texas. And even if you live right next to the facility, no pickups. Delivery (basic) is free. Time? Pay $5 for overnight or wait and play it out like a surprise from you to you. Works pretty well, I've found.

keithco8012


quality posts: 0 Private Messages keithco8012

I've got this shirt and love it, i got the joke within 3 seconds

however showing it to my friends i frequently have to explain it (no their not that dumb). The crux of the problem seems to be the pretzel...they said if it was a cookie or a chip they instantly could've recognized that it was on the floor near germs. The pretzel blends in with the floor too much and because there are giant pretzels (which is the variety non-football-watchin and non-bar-goin types are familiar with) the scope is entirely hosed for them.

i recommend a re-print w/chocolate chip cookie...however regardless i love the shirt, keep up the good work

jerberry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerberry
bekahthepika wrote:Am I the only one who's shirt didn't seem to look right? The colors are off and there are several changes to the graphic, such a the lowest right floorboard not ending with a gradient into the t-shirt color but a big blob of tan ink, and all the salt crystals on the top of the graphic have the white "tails" even though they don't have it on the image online. I don't mean to be picky, but what gives?



I agree, this didn't print well... sad =(

tomaew


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomaew

Hi this is Thomas the Production Manager at Shirt.Woot

The tails are in the original art but the big blob in the lower right floorboard is not. Our normal color separator was on vacation when this shirt was done and I did the separation myself (I remember because it took me a few tries to get it right). In our push to get the pretzel to look right we must have missed the blob that had somehow got into the file.

I'm having the art switched and all reprints will have the fixed artwork. If any one has one of the blob version and feels like they need a free replacement please email Service@Woot.com.

Thanks for the eagle eye bekahthepika.
-Thomas

bekahthepika wrote:Am I the only one who's shirt didn't seem to look right? The colors are off and there are several changes to the graphic, such a the lowest right floorboard not ending with a gradient into the t-shirt color but a big blob of tan ink, and all the salt crystals on the top of the graphic have the white "tails" even though they don't have it on the image online. I don't mean to be picky, but what gives?




tomaew


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomaew

Looking at it again I'm going to have the excess of the tails removed as well.

tomaew wrote:Hi this is Thomas the Production Manager at Shirt.Woot

The tails are in the original art but the big blob in the lower right floorboard is not. Our normal color separator was on vacation when this shirt was done and I did the separation myself (I remember because it took me a few tries to get it right). In our push to get the pretzel to look right we must have missed the blob that had somehow got into the file.

I'm having the art switched and all reprints will have the fixed artwork. If any one has one of the blob version and feels like they need a free replacement please email Service@Woot.com.

Thanks for the eagle eye bekahthepika.
-Thomas



bamkapowwoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bamkapowwoot

that's what i taught my students when i was their environmental science teacher.

jnelson62


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jnelson62
theoneill555 wrote:This is obviously a guy's shirt as I do not know any girls who will eat something off the floor - not even chocolate.


I know a girl that will scoop salsa off the floor.

jerberry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerberry

Got my replacement and the print looks SO much better. Thanks, woot, for the quality shirt!

spentfromnz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spentfromnz

Ewww, why the pretzel? It looks like a turd. A donut would have been way better.

Kowulz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kowulz

Santa got me this shirt for Xmas and it just totally effing rocks. Brilliant!


Rock Cowles
Kowulz.com

b2thec


quality posts: 0 Private Messages b2thec

My heart stopped when I saw this design. I came up with the same design about two years ago and it looks almost identical. So weird how such a random idea can be shared by two people. I never got around to slapping it on a shirt though. I would love to show you the design just for sh*ts and giggles. It is pretty weird.

metalchick


quality posts: 0 Private Messages metalchick

Any way to purchase this shirt now? I missed the reckoning by a day a few months ago and have been so disappointed since!

smallville824


quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallville824

Staff

metalchick wrote:Any way to purchase this shirt now? I missed the reckoning by a day a few months ago and have been so disappointed since!



Try teetrade.org, wootswap.com, or the random shirt trade center in the Shirt.Woot forum. You might get lucky and find it there.

mohamed300zx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mohamed300zx

is there any way i can get this t-shirt ? ,
thank you

LarryLars


quality posts: 67 Private Messages LarryLars
mohamed300zx wrote:is there any way i can get this t-shirt ? ,
thank you



Read the post above yours! ^^^^^^^

!
Have you checked your Private Messages lately?