manikx66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manikx66

Well its done im going to sleep now :P
please vote
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=46061

gwenivere73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwenivere73

Ok, quick question everyone. I'm working on a shirt idea, but running low on colors. If I'm planning on putting the design on a black shirt, do I have to have black for one of my colors? There will be some black lines within the drawing, but would the black of the shirt suffice?

tjbeyerl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjbeyerl
gwenivere73 wrote:Ok, quick question everyone. I'm working on a shirt idea, but running low on colors. If I'm planning on putting the design on a black shirt, do I have to have black for one of my colors? There will be some black lines within the drawing, but would the black of the shirt suffice?

The shirt color doesn't count towards your color limit. It's 6 ink colors.

carmelpixie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmelpixie

Well, it was fun and I made something. For the lols and the practice pretty much. But I'm still not excited about all this. I think I'll just check back next week to see who won and hope that the next derby theme is better.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE

Wow! This derby is a complete abortion.

juliaL719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719
bakbam wrote:I am hoping to see some clever and fun shirts.

That's nice. Someday, I hope to see a unicorn.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
juliaL719 wrote:That's nice. Someday, I hope to see a unicorn.

Would laugh if the next derby is Unicorns. :P

darianwiccan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages darianwiccan

I'm still working on my design, but wanted to get opinions of it's current state:

It's Badger Costume Party!

cynvision

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cynvision

I'm not sure I can think of a way to bring in a third concept, but Double Rainbow Stalin get's me two memes. Help?

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
dekonstruct wrote:reason #1
rent

reason #2
rend(which is just rent spelled wrong).

I sure hope your aren't seriously depending on woot to pay your rent. It's like relying on the lottery...which is just as random as some of the winnings here.

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed

It's been a loooong time since I've entered the derby, but I've been really meaning to.

Here's what I'm working on finishing this time. Does anyone have any pre-game suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
ThunderThighs wrote:NO, no, no, no, no. We're friends. Goof.

.........I totally knew that. >_> lol

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

That's strange. Yes, I'm logged in. Yes, it's me and I know what I'm doing. Yes, I've bought things from Woot. But I am not getting any vote tabs on derby entries. Anyone else with the issue?

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
AGrant311 wrote:That's strange. Yes, I'm logged in. Yes, it's me and I know what I'm doing. Yes, I've bought things from Woot. But I am not getting any vote tabs on derby entries. Anyone else with the issue?

Yup. It's acting funny and unpredictable. Logging in (while logged in?) fixes it for me... or logging out then back in.

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13

would the "crushing your head" thing count as a meme? It's not on the know your meme website...does it have to be on there?

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
DoublEE wrote:Wow! This derby is a complete abortion.

This might be the first time I've ever agreed with you 100% on anything woot related. I'm raising a toast.

I'm not saying there aren't any good designs (Walmazan and Theinfinityloop are doing their damnedest to make something remotely wearable from this horrific theme)... but yeah. This derby is as bad as I thought it was going to be from the moment it was announced.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
bassanimation wrote:Would laugh if the next derby is Unicorns. :P

Or vomit. Rainbows, of course.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
jmmbell1987 wrote:This might be the first time I've ever agreed with you 100% on anything woot related. I'm raising a toast.

I'm not saying there aren't any good designs (Walmazan and Theinfinityloop are doing their damnedest to make something remotely wearable from this horrific theme)... but yeah. This derby is as bad as I thought it was going to be from the moment it was announced.

Not just that, but it's like people are going out of their way to be uncreative in some cases - combining monorail cat with ceiling cat with surprised cat (I just picked three cats, so if someone did that, my bad) is just lazy in my eyes

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Containment Breach

kitten07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kitten07

This derby makes me want to punch every cat in the world in the face. I don't think I will be coming back here until next week

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
kitten07 wrote:This derby makes me want to punch every cat in the world in the face. I don't think I will be coming back here until next week

But then every cat in the world would come and poop in your bed. Err, at least that's what a lot of angry cats I know do ^^;.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
paigeg wrote:OK, before I alienate half the community with my paranoid conviction that this is all a despicable Woot plot to tweak our noses in our past complaints... Oh wait.
Before I alienate Woot into banning me with my paranoid conviction that this is all a despicable Woot plot to tweak our noses in our past complaints...
I've been working on a sub that I think I like, but can use some assist. This is a flattened jpeg, but each element is on a different layer (yes, even both girls, AND the cup). Background is transparent.
I srsly don't think my skilz are up to making this sing, even tho I love the concept.
Thoughts? Collab? Redraw? B/W? Coleur? Plz gives me inputs bfore I splodes!

Direct link is here.

I think I give up. I may still pull something out, but I get so frustrated that my skills aren't up to my ideas. >sigh<
Just this design, folks, just this design. I still plan to plague with others, as as I continue to try and learn this stuff.

kittysoup

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kittysoup

I'd hope someone could use "Some days you can't get rid of a bomb", "Imma let you finish", and "No Bruce, let me finish!" together. I can't think of how to make it work, or else I'd just do it...

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Darquis wrote:Not just that, but it's like people are going out of their way to be uncreative in some cases - combining monorail cat with ceiling cat with surprised cat (I just picked three cats, so if someone did that, my bad) is just lazy in my eyes

You came very close to the cat recycling shirt.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
Darquis wrote:Not just that, but it's like people are going out of their way to be uncreative in some cases - combining monorail cat with ceiling cat with surprised cat (I just picked three cats, so if someone did that, my bad) is just lazy in my eyes

I still liked my idea.

drgribb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drgribb
linablue wrote:Seriously if no one does a robe and wizard hat I am going to die...

agreed

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
paigeg wrote:I still plan to plague with others, as as I continue to try and learn this stuff.

man, you kids with your street jargon. i'm still scratching my head at what "plague with others" means. bioterrorism?

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
bassanimation wrote:But then every cat in the world would come and poop in your bed. Err, at least that's what a lot of angry cats I know do ^^;.

Hahaha - and especially if you forget to clean their litter;)

paigeg

no1 wrote:man, you kids with your street jargon. i'm still scratching my head at what "plague with others" means. bioterrorism?

Typing f*il. I plan to plague *you* with others.

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee

I've given up on this derby. I'm glad this week was memes because I have a physics exam, microbio exam, and paper due on Thursday, so this way I don't feel bad about not entering. If anyone wants to take my idea (old memes gathering dust and cobwebs) go for it, I'd like to see what you come up with.

dermah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dermah

I have the feeling I'm going to spend a lot of money this weekend...

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik

hmph, almost no voting going on. lot of shirt entries though. I'd say this derby has been a bust.

No. Yes.

NinjaStorm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NinjaStorm

Someone needs to jump on the 'Cigar Guy' (at the Ryder Cup) bandwagon.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
frik wrote:hmph, almost no voting going on. lot of shirt entries though. ....

This is the first time in years that you only need 304 votes to get into the fog on a Tuesday nite.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
mjc613 wrote:This is the first time in years that you only need 304 votes to get into the fog on a Tuesday nite.

How quickly you've forgotten the Intergalactic Cup! 3rd place printed with 377. Not that any of these stats make it less grim.

paigeg

Now that this derby is about to end, I can finally sigh in relief and look forward to tomorrow at noon, and something completely different (I hope!).
And take a sec to proudly declare that I think I had to look up at least 80% of the memes used for the various designs. Apparently I'm not as hopelessly tied to the Internet as I thought.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
paigeg wrote:Now that this derby is about to end, I can finally sigh in relief and look forward to tomorrow at noon, and something completely different (I hope!).
And take a sec to proudly declare that I think I had to look up at least 80% of the memes used for the various designs. Apparently I'm not as hopelessly tied to the Internet as I thought.

Tomorrow's theme "cute things doing terrible things"

beammedown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beammedown

So.. was anyone else horribly bored out of their minds with this theme? :/ Not bashing, just not my cup of tea I guess.

paigeg

odysseyroc wrote:Tomorrow's theme "cute things doing terrible things"

Again?

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
paigeg wrote:Again?

This time it will be official.