MisterBoo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MisterBoo

I totally want this in a poster format.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 148 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
CapSea wrote:Also, I like the idea, but I recall what people reported about "Behold a Pale Horse" and they appear to be the same colors, so I predict that in the end this shirt may simply look like a series of red dots.

You can see a listing of all the colors used at the bottom of the page under Pantone Color(s).

This shirt doesn't use any of the same colors as "Behold a Pale Horse". Will it still print badly? No idea.

I used a coupon! Adventure time in printing!!!!

xDante

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xDante

In for one. It feeds my inner goth girl, who I try to keep suppressed most of the time, without being totally ghoulish. Hope it prints alright.

<3

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 148 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
snarkygal wrote:I think Woot has shown us their bias towards Ramyb clearly week after week, but this week they went over the top by allowing staff to post personal comments in his thread while voting was going on. Also, this was not submitted as a collab with Seki yet now they link a Seki shirt under Ramy's name.

Staff post comments on the derby all the time in many artists' entries. Here are some examples:

Like this one from the last derby... which was replying to another staffer who also commented positively.

There's also this one from the Devo derby.

One from the dance derby.

One from the sun derby.

Here's one from the Cities derby.

They linked the Ramyb/Seki shirt "Imposter" because it's a collab with both of them and they always link it.

One of the staff member commented in Ramyb's thread that most staff have no power in the derby and post/vote/comment as if they are normal wooters and not to read too much into them appearing out of the mist now and then.

Please carry on. =D

KidKobun

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KidKobun

Was thinking about getting two, but now I'm contemplating buying three. Hmmmm. OK, so two now and I'll sleep on getting a third.

ronzalone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ronzalone
KidKobun wrote:Was thinking about getting two, but now I'm contemplating buying three. Hmmmm. OK, so two now and I'll sleep on getting a third.

Just so you know, I think you can only submit one order per account per day on today's woot. If you want three, it will either have to be all at once or that third one will need to wait until Saturday at $15.

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

Hola! I've been lurking for the last year. How time flies. For my 75th shirt.woot shirt, I figured I had better hold out and make it count, and it only took 358 shirts/days to finally find one I wanted, worthy of being my 75th shirt. I can hear my other woot shirts in the closet now, cheering me on, happy to finally have a new face, err, shirt.

So to the creator of this shirt: Congratulations, you have succeeded where 358 others have buttafuocoed. You should be proud ;) now cash in and enjoy the bling! Maybe you could head on over to grandma's house and share the wealth, if you make it there.

Oh and your big bad wolf, is pretty big and bad, but I hear he only goes after those who try to steal the red thunder that is his eye color. Jealousy much? Probably why the other fores animals steer clear from red, why he has to have a monopoly on that red color is beyond me, but I'm not going to argue with an upright walking wolf, jeesh.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

beaterbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beaterbar

I hear that many wolves have a recurring nightmare in which they find out that the girl underneath the tasty looking red hood is actually an anime warrior

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
snarkygal wrote:I think Woot has shown us their bias towards Ramyb clearly week after week, but this week they went over the top by allowing staff to post personal comments in his thread while voting was going on.

I see staff posting that they like designs all the time in shirt threads. Interesting how it only is an issue when ramy gets a comment.

thejakeyl88

legr8est wrote:She doesn't look very scared to me. In fact, she seems like a confident young woman.

After reading that, I have to agree, I fully expect something like a scene from a Japanese anime, some sort of lighting strike or quick samurai strike. She's got something in that basket other than muffins, must've planned it. It is wolf hunting season, yes? What better way to draw him out than with a little red coat and Dorothy's slippers. Oh wait probably not ruby slippers, but I've never seen such brightness in the pitch black of a forest like those shoes, has to be some kind of anime magical trick, them shoes.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

averydav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages averydav

Thanks to the title all I can hear is Bruce Jormungandrinson of Iron Maiden screaming "FEAR OF THE DARK!" I guess heavy metal really did ruin my mind.

Really?!? The filter changed the last name of Iron Maiden's lead singer. *sigh*

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

If you have a phobia or know anything about phobias, you would know that the typical reaction when the phobia is triggered is panic and the need to escape the situation. This shirt has absolutely nothing to do with that emotion. There is no phobia whatsoever illustrated here.

sexylittlerobot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sexylittlerobot

I think she's actually pondering her terrible choice of footwear. Ronald McDonald's shoes aren't really engineered for fleeing. Unless grimace has turned rogue...wait...the background is a purple blob..! ahhhhhh

kmcavin65

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kmcavin65
averydav wrote:Thanks to the title all I can hear is Bruce Jormungandrinson of Iron Maiden screaming "FEAR OF THE DARK!" I guess heavy metal really did ruin my mind.

Really?!? The filter changed the last name of Iron Maiden's lead singer. *sigh*

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought of Iron Maiden.

Hmmm... Eddie closing in on the wolf, now that would have been an awsome shirt.

/Up the Irons

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26

This is probably the best RAMYB shirt I have seen. Not your typical cannbilistic bunny/monkey/llama in disguise/costume cutsey shirt we usually see from him. I like the darkness of it... and the wolf looks rad.

timho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timho

haha i'm half expecting her to do this!

KidKobun

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KidKobun
ronzalone wrote:Just so you know, I think you can only submit one order per account per day on today's woot. If you want three, it will either have to be all at once or that third one will need to wait until Saturday at $15.

Yeah, thought about that while I was ordering. I don't need three anyhow. I think that two will be more than enough. I'll wear one until it wears out and then I'll have another to wear until it fades beyond recognition. That should last several years.

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek
sparrowhawk69 wrote:
Little Red Riding Hood
I don't think little big girls should
Go walking in these spooky old woods alone

Ah, good song by Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs (The Bobs did a great cover, too).

I really like this design. That's one humongous wolf, and the woods are nicely dark and foggy. She looks like she's destined to become a wolf snack whether she knows it or not.

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

AlienZulu

quality posts: 11 Private Messages AlienZulu

great shirt

i just hope it prints well. the dark colors make me nervous that it won't show up right.

i assume woot will reimburse if 3/4 of the design ends up being invisible?

tomcall

quality posts: 102 Private Messages tomcall

Does this remind anyone else of that freaky movie, The Neverending Story? I think Gmork made me wet the bed when I was a child.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS

Oh well.
It's really unfortunate that 1st place doesn't equal winner in this case.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
snarkygal wrote:

But to say he is the Beatles of shirt designing...I can't sit with that...that is just blasphemy. He is more like Vanilla Ice, not the Beatles. There is no there, there.

Vanilla Ice actually had his own style. I was thinking Milli Vanilli would be the better analogy.

80verna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 80verna

Reminds me a lot of "Little Red Fighting Hood" by Anna Maria Jung.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

[quote postid="4203123" user="tomcall"I think Gmork made me wet the bed when I was a child.[/quote]

.....me too....SO SCARY!

"Fantasia has no boundaries!!!"

EEEEEEEEEGG!!! -pees in chair-

danbooke2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages danbooke2001

LOVE. THIS. SHIRT.

Definitely in for one, haven't bought one in a few months either, great job!

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
mjc613 wrote:Vanilla Ice actually had his own style. I was thinking Milli Vanilli would be the better analogy.

yeah, they had that hit song "Do you really want to hurt me"

P.S. this print was All my fault. for what I said in the thread, that was deleted. they had just enough time to pull the votes they needed out of the fan base (imaginary or real) they have.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Congrats on the win, Ramy! This earned its place on the colors and forest textures alone.

Love the write-up, Woot. We can laugh about it now? I guess that's healthy. :-)

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
CapSea wrote:Also, I like the idea, but I recall what people reported about "Behold a Pale Horse" and they appear to be the same colors, so I predict that in the end this shirt may simply look like a series of red dots.

I own "Behold a Pale Horse" and it's a fine-looking shirt...is there supposed to be something wrong with it? If so, I'm at a loss as to what it is.

pretywtch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pretywtch

bloody!!! Instant buy!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

at least there are no bunnies.

But, really, this is not ramy's worst shirt. To me, this is more reminiscent of Buffy/ River/ Wonder Woman/ Dorothy from Kansas (not the music group, the state).

phobic? undetermined.

kick@$$ female? seemingly.

sellout? likely.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

and on a separate note, I'd like to give a big public "Welcome Back" to our good friend thejakeyl88. I, for one, miss your input in the forums, your consistent presence in the "first sucker" slot, and all around positive attitude.

come back soon, won't you?

thejakeyl88

AlienZulu wrote:great shirt

i just hope it prints well. the dark colors make me nervous that it won't show up right.

i assume woot will reimburse if 3/4 of the design ends up being invisible?

I have had similar concerns on a few shirts in the past, only to be pleasantly surprised when it arrives. They have always done a great job, and I can only assume this will be no exception. I have a feeling that the grey background while also dark, will bring out the wolf and black parts that should be seen.

Jestik! I missed ya, man! I cannot believe a year passed, I see our PM's there in my box from a time, long, long ago.

I've been working and trying to better my position at the company, putting in the time and effort for some highly valued and much needed brownie points. Time flies! Good to be back though, I fully intend on keeping myself on the shirt.woot up and up. I found so many shirts recently I totally forgot about, and that was really fun, brings back memories from a few years ago, especially times I was wearing them. Who would have guessed a ten dollar shirt could be so sentimentally valuable. w00t!

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
trekmiss wrote:If you have a phobia or know anything about phobias, you would know that the typical reaction when the phobia is triggered is panic and the need to escape the situation. This shirt has absolutely nothing to do with that emotion. There is no phobia whatsoever illustrated here.

My take on it is that the wolves only exist in her imagination. The one in the foreground looks more like a trick of light and shadows than an actual wolf. If she's so afraid of wolves that she's seeing them when they aren't really there, wouldn't that be considered a phobia?

obasan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages obasan

Between the basket of food and the red clogs, Little Red Riding Hood looks related to Mario Batali. This week's Iron Chef Ingredient is Wolf!

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik

What a terrible disappointment that this even got printed let alone won. I hope those buying this shirt like wearing a few red splotches around an obscure outline of a person.

No. Yes.

grokgreg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grokgreg

I'm really glad to see this shirt win, i was worried everyone online was too upset that it drifted ever so slightly from the derby, but personally i think it's spot on and a wonderful design. Keep up the good work Rammy.

lainer797

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lainer797

Mabye the real phobia is worrying if the shirt will print well or not?

dmphax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmphax

I adore Ramyb's work and receive many compliments for my "The Devil is in the Details" shirt.

I like this shirt just as much, perhaps more. In for 2, one for myself and one for my good friend who adores my other Ramyb shirt!

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn

I'd just like to applaud the write-up.

Top-notch comedy.

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
averydav wrote:Bruce Jormungandrinson

Woot, I like this filter--yay for myths! But are you really getting into the enlargement business? XD