coniahg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coniahg

I Really like this shirt. Her expression, seems to be almost a triumphant smirk as she traverses the woods. The wolf is delightfully creepy looking and so are the trees.

Vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit

dmphax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmphax
trekmiss wrote:You do know that The Devil is in the Details is not by Ramyb, right? That shirt was done by tgentry.

Just making sure the compliments go to the right artist.

I did not, thanks for mentioning. I was certain it had been a Ramyb shirt. Now that I think of it, my Angel/Devil (on either side) shirt was probably the one I'm thinking of by Ramyb.

(The Devil Is In the Details shirt btw, is my favorite I've purchased on shirt woot!).

zaarin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zaarin
AdderXYU wrote:Analysis. Did they stop teaching that in highschool?

Artistic subjectivity. Did they stop teaching that in high school? Along with spelling? I'm not normally one to forum-police it up, but hypocrisy isn't very flattering.

Are you telling me no one in the history of art has ever created something good that was based on something previous? I think this shirt is bloody and expresses a lot. It creates an entire atmosphere, an emotional setting that I can feel just by looking at the one image.

By damning the artist and the shirt's fans for not agreeing with your analytical and stylistic sense you are not making a very strong case for the shirt itself actually being worthless. The value of an artistic endeavor is defined by the artist's sense of accomplishment and each viewer's feeling upon viewing the work. It's just a little insulting to have someone going on about how this shirt is so absolutely ghoulish and shallow and boring. It isn't any of those things.

I have a feeling this kind of crap "analysis" goes on every day here, but it's my first time looking at a shirt.woot thread and I got all worked up. All worked up!

btw just for my own curiosity, what do you guys mean when you say this shirt won't print well? You mean it won't look as good in print, or the actual physical printing process won't work well with this design? I have no idea about the physical process but I think art-wise having the forest dark and hard to see would add to the shirt's value.

ralastial

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralastial

Just got it today, and It didn't print well, the colors seem to move off into different parts where they shouldn't be. Mine has red splotches where her skin shows, especially on the legs.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
Darquis wrote:Wait, did woot just say that Seki and Ramy are the same person, or that they collaborated on this one?

Not unprecedented!

http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=13808

nakkinyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nakkinyan

I can't wait to get my hands on this shirt, the design is bloody.

hmerwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmerwin
ralastial wrote:Just got it today, and It didn't print well, the colors seem to move off into different parts where they shouldn't be. Mine has red splotches where her skin shows, especially on the legs.

Please send us a picture of your shirt to service@woot.com so that we may try to help you further.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
ralastial wrote:Just got it today, and It didn't print well, the colors seem to move off into different parts where they shouldn't be. Mine has red splotches where her skin shows, especially on the legs.

I have the same thing on mine with the red splotches on the legs. Maybe they printed the layers in the wrong order... will send a picture to woot.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
DianaSprinkle wrote:I have the same thing on mine with the red splotches on the legs. Maybe they printed the layers in the wrong order... will send a picture to woot.

Well if you look at the artist image, there is some red on here legs. There is also a little red by her left eye as well. That little bit of red in those spots is magnified when printed larger. Are you sure it is woot's fault? It seems like it was the artist's intent, judging by your comments and the red on her skin in the artist's image.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
chumpmagic wrote:Well if you look at the artist image, there is some red on here legs. There is also a little red by her left eye as well. That little bit of red in those spots is magnified when printed larger. Are you sure it is woot's fault? It seems like it was the artist's intent, judging by your comments and the red on her skin in the artist's image.

I got mine today and I have the same issue- she looks like she has a skin rash on her leg. There are also a few random red dots scattered on other places of her- 4 on her face, 2 on her hand and one on her arm. I went and checked the print-ready I sent, and there is no red anywhere near the areas in question. In fact, there isn't even a halftone with the skin color, it is just a solid block of color, and there isn't even any red on any layers underneath in those areas, so there's no reason for it. They are just sort of scattered throughout and don't match up to any other parts of the print-ready that could have shifted either, so I'm not sure where these could have come from.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
ramyb wrote:I got mine today and I have the same issue- she looks like she has a skin rash on her leg. There are also a few random red dots scattered on other places of her- 4 on her face, 2 on her hand and one on her arm. I went and checked the print-ready I sent, and there is no red anywhere near the areas in question. In fact, there isn't even a halftone with the skin color, it is just a solid block of color, and there isn't even any red on any layers underneath in those areas, so there's no reason for it. They are just sort of scattered throughout and don't match up to any other parts of the print-ready that could have shifted either, so I'm not sure where these could have come from.

Oh, from your more detail description, that doesn't reflect your image at all. I thought they were talking about the little bit of red on her legs that was used for back lighting. I didn't know it was rash-like. That sucks, man. Hopefully they will reprint it properly. They did that for me when "Oh Shiny" got misprinted.

Ryfiel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryfiel
ramyb wrote:I got mine today and I have the same issue- .

Have they sent a replacement yet? I'd like to see a picture of a fixed one. I was waiting until I saw a real picture of it before buying to see how it really looks. Then on top of that it sounds like they messed it up too.

pretywtch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pretywtch

I got mine today, and I have to admit to being very disappointed. This along with the Krampus debacle over at TeeFury and I've had a sad shirt day.

What do y'all usually do when you get a shirt and it's so far from what you expected that you doubt you'll even wear it?

Ryfiel

pretywtch wrote:I got mine today, and I have to admit to being very disappointed. This along with the Krampus debacle over at TeeFury and I've had a sad shirt day.

What do y'all usually do when you get a shirt and it's so far from what you expected that you doubt you'll even wear it?

Complain at woot and get them to fix it.

AlienZulu

quality posts: 11 Private Messages AlienZulu

it looks like she has poison ivy on the thighs

dracokitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dracokitty

I just got my shirt and I'm not to happy with it either. I could deal with the red splotches on her skin, but my problem is that the shirt relies heavily on the red outlines to make out the shapes. And on my shirt you can barely make out there are any lines so the wolf is barely visible.
I would not recommend this shirt unless some changes are made to it. I have ordered many Woot shirts and this is the first one I've had any issues with and it would not deter me from placing a future order.

cookiecup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookiecup

Just got my Tshirt today.... it's so much better in person - I LOVE this Tee!!!

Lisa007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lisa007

I got my shirt on Friday, and I'm also disappointed. Red splotches on her legs, the gray is way darker on the actual tee. Random white spots on the wolf, the red outline is almost COMPLETELY missing on the wolf, and the trees. I was impressed with the design, but not the tee It's no where near as crisp.

I know the pictures in this post aren't great, but you can get the general idea
(Edited to add picture of me wearing it, at the bottom)
the shirt:

closeup of the red splotches

lack of red outlines in trees

barely any basket detail

wolf random white splotches, no red outline on most of it

shirt on

pzackery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pzackery

I agree with the consensus --- I'm also quite disappointed in this shirt. Quite frankly after almost 30 purchases, this is the worst quality printing of any shirt I've purchased. I would advise buyers not to get this shirt unless word comes from Woot that they're fixing these quality issues.

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

I've looked into the 'red issue' mentioned above and we will resend corrected shirts to anyone unhappy with the print. Make sure to let service@woot.com know and we'll get your shirt out ASAP.

melebeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melebeth

I loved this design, but I have to agree with the other commenters. It just doesn't print well. The design only looks good in extremely bright light from a great enough distance to lose the details. In less than bright light, all you can see is red splotches. Up close, the design just looks muddy and badly printed. For example, holding the shirt on my lap, the highlighting appears to be incorrectly printed lines. Actually, looking at the camera ready art, they are incorrectly printed lines. They're supposed to be red and are dotted white and red instead.

nowikissyou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nowikissyou

I just got my shirt today and I too am a bit dissatisfied. I also received 'Nevermore' (from the latest woot-off) at the same time, and the quality difference is, in my humble uninformed opinion, obvious; could it be because 'Nevermore' is AA while this one is not?

I understand that this design is more involved and "harder" to capture properly on fabric and that 'Nevermore' is monochrome, but the printed black text on graphite background is very crisp, while these red contours on black background are faded and blotchy at best.

I will email service@woot.com and we shall see how things work out.

pretywtch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pretywtch
joelterrific wrote:I've looked into the 'red issue' mentioned above and we will resend corrected shirts to anyone unhappy with the print. Make sure to let service@woot.com know and we'll get your shirt out ASAP.

Hey there,

I emailed service@woot.com yesterday morning before this announcement asking how to resolve this situation as I'm unhappy with the shirt, and all I've received in return is an automated email. Should I email again saying I'd like a corrected shirt?

Thank you,
~Jeannie

Petula

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Petula

I just got mine today, and I was really disappointed. The background is much darker than it was supposed to be, so it's really hard to make out the wolf. Also, instead of a red outline around the wolf there are just random specks of white.
Mine has the leg rash, as others have mentioned, but I could have lived with that if the rest of the image looked as good as it did online.
I'm glad they're working to correct the problem. Hopefully the replacements will be better.

Ryfiel

Petula wrote: Hopefully the replacements will be better.

Let those of us who have not actually bought it yet know how the replacements do. I bet I'm not the only one who simply waited to see how it would actually turn out.

Also to whoever actually does this (if it's with pictures) post your post in this thread as well: http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PageIndex=41&PostID=2419588#post2419588

There will be some people who only check there.

Petula

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Petula

My replacement tee arrived today, and it's MUCH better than the original shirt I received. Of course, the monitor is a better medium for artwork than knit cotton clothing, so it doesn't look quite as amazing as it did online, but it's quite acceptable.

I'd like to add that woot sent the replacement via 2-day mail, so they really went above and beyond what was expected (I was thrilled that they were replacing it at all). Thanks woot!

Lisa007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lisa007

Just got my replacement shirt today (by 2 day fed ex, which was awesome) It looks MUUUUCCCCH better with the design. The skin rash is gone, the wolf is outlined in red, the trees are outlined as they're supposed to be. Again, this is a womens XL

sorry for the poor lighting, it's hard to get the true to life brightness accurately on an iphone. The actual shirt background is not that bright.

flat close up

(click for larger view)

What it looks like on

(click for larger view)

comparison
Old one is on the right

(click for larger view)

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

Got my replacement today too- I'm definitely relieved, I was half expecting it to look exactly the same. Still a little dark, but other than that, no complaints from me. The red outlines are crisp and the shading is all there (and no rashes this time), so I'm pretty happy. Thanks woot!

schyzm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schyzm

wearing the replacement now. Significantly better job printing the shirt.

nowikissyou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nowikissyou

My replacement arrived via 2-day Fedex and I am glad to report that it is a substantial improvement over the first one. Thanks woot!

Also, the original was printed on American Apparel and this one, well, was not. I wonder if that had any impact on printing quality.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
nowikissyou wrote:My replacement arrived via 2-day Fedex and I am glad to report that it is a substantial improvement over the first one. Thanks woot!

Also, the original was printed on American Apparel and this one, well, was not. I wonder if that had any impact on printing quality.

why don't you think it's printed on AA ? That's the only blank woot prints on.

pics?

kdring

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdring

Wow I'm glad I looked at this thread - I too was very unhappy with the outcome of the initial shirt. The white dots everywhere and her legs looking funky. Will definitely submit for a replacement - thanks!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

There's still a bit of white speckling in the red, and the eyes in the outskirts of the picture seem lacking compared to the original image, likely such that they could have stood the same treatment. As it is, you only really notice the one wolf rather than the wolf and potential for others.

However, that aside, the shirt is at least wearable now as more than a black smudge and it was an interesting experiment to have purchased it. Now I know what type of shirts to avoid until technology takes another step forward.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

takelondon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages takelondon

Holy crap this shirt is awesome. Please Ramyb, more like this.

Late post is late.

fluffenutter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fluffenutter

Received this in my most recent random shirt purchase. Love. It.

Lerasi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lerasi

Sooo I was surfing and came across this, someone a Woot fan? http://www.onlinemovieshut.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/red-riding-hood-movie-poster.jpg