+ Add a Comment

WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

That's right, meat. Giver of protein. Marvel of grilling science. Reservoir of saturated fat. We've let the vegetarian shirts have more than enough fun lately, so this week we're taking back the plate. Give us your best meat-inspired design, be it a delicious dish, an exotic animal you'd like to see carved up and served, or more likely a hamburger with button eyes dancing on a grill saying something like "Feelin' Hot! Hot! Hot!"

No video games. We're keeping that Legend of Zelda "Sausage Link" design for ourselves.

No Star Wars.

No text only designs.
You've got to have a graphic element to make your point.

No cannibalism, but zombies are okay. A totally random rule from a totally random Woot Staffer totally randomly-named Barbara.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS

I foresee a lot of bacon this week.

EDIT: Grasping At Straws

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Yeeesss.....YEeeesssss.....YEEEEESSSS BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! Meeeeeeet. Om yom yom.

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

Great theme!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Hmmmm... "No cannibalism". So, that means cute critters eating each other is out.
Yeah. That's the ticket.

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik

mmmmmmeatttttt

No. Yes.

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart

Holy Cow! This derby is going to be Delicious!

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

Glad to see the 'no cannibalism' rule. I think Woot's had enough rabbit-eating-rabbit and cow-eating-burger and so on.

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
paigeg wrote:Hmmmm... "No cannibalism". So, that means cute critters eating each other is out.
Yeah. That's the ticket.

It just means cute critters of the same species eating each other is out.

sTyLeS

Ok, here's my first idea.
A take on the whole Chick-fil-A cows. You know how they wear the placards that say "Eat Mor Chikin"...but instead I'd like to have a pig wearing a placard saying something totally random, like "Eat Mor Monkey"

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

As a veggo, looks like I'll be saving another $30 next week. Thanks Woot; I really need that money ... fresh produce is expensive!

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
endangeredomega wrote:As a veggo, looks like I'll be saving another $30 next week. Thanks Woot; I really need that money ... fresh produce is expensive!

I'm not a veggo, and I'll probably be saving $30 this week. Unless the designs are amazing, I highly doubt I'll be buying any of them. The thought of having meat plastered all over my chest just doesn't seem appealing to me...

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

Way cool. I have a couple of ideas that may our may not involve tacos. Of course I have a mountain of work to do today and a road trip to Kansas City tomorrow afternoon.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
missmissa07 wrote:I'm not a veggo, and I'll probably be saving $30 this week. Unless the designs are amazing, I highly doubt I'll be buying any of them. The thought of having meat plastered all over my chest just doesn't seem appealing to me...

must... resist... euphemisms... and... innuendo...

jboshaw

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw
odysseyroc wrote:Way cool. I have a couple of ideas that may our may not involve tacos. Of course I have a mountain of work to do today and a road trip to Kansas City tomorrow afternoon.

i would like an all-meat taco... and like a background of the veggies locked in a cage or something.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
missmissa07 wrote:I'm not a veggo, and I'll probably be saving $30 this week. Unless the designs are amazing, I highly doubt I'll be buying any of them. The thought of having meat plastered all over my chest just doesn't seem appealing to me...

I am a veggo but not necessarily opposed to WEARING animals...

bassanimation

"If I didn't get the chicken wings, so what. We've still got that Meat Lover's pizza in the trunk."

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
endangeredomega wrote:As a veggo, looks like I'll be saving another $30 next week. Thanks Woot; I really need that money ... fresh produce is expensive!

meat is the theme, but that doesn't mean the design has to be anti-veggo. i think they mite allow pro-veggo commentary on the topic of meat.

ronzalone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ronzalone
mindputtee wrote:It just means cute critters of the same species eating each other is out.

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone replace a cute critter-eating-critter with a cute zombie-critter-eating-critter though...

artistmelody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artistmelody

FUN!

Perhaps a "Lady Gaga" Meat dress.....

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
odysseyroc wrote:Way cool. I have a couple of ideas that may our may not involve tacos. Of course I have a mountain of work to do today and a road trip to Kansas City tomorrow afternoon.

This would be perfect for that BBQ design you and Draxxx put together

mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
ronzalone wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see someone replace a cute critter-eating-critter with a cute zombie-critter-eating-critter though...

Yeah, hopefully people will be more creative than that though.

I'm sitting here in bio though where we're talking about genetically modified cows and having a hard time getting past the grossed out factor to think of ideas (even though I love meat.)

sTyLeS

You should submit your Texas Chainsaw BBQ design you've been working on.

sTyLeS

mindputtee wrote:Yeah, hopefully people will be more creative than that though.

I'm sitting here in bio though where we're talking about genetically modified cows and having a hard time getting past the grossed out factor to think of ideas (even though I love meat.)

A genetically modified cow sounds like a good idea for a shirt this week.

bassanimation

artistmelody wrote:FUN!

Perhaps a "Lady Gaga" Meat dress.....

Me and my friend both thought we might get a load of Gaga meat dresses in this derby, hahaha!

Maybe a Lady Baa-Baa in a lambchop dress? Durrhurr!

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific

Meat... shirts?

usdawoodsyowl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usdawoodsyowl

I am the licensing agent for Woodsy Owl and this is an unlicensed product that must be taken down immediately. Woodsy Owl is owned by the U.S. Government and is our national symbol for conservation education.

If you have any questions, please go to the website: woodsyowlproducts.com for licensing information and to buy products from companies that are official licensees.

bassanimation

usdawoodsyowl wrote:I am the licensing agent for Woodsy Owl and this is an unlicensed product that must be taken down immediately. Woodsy Owl is owned by the U.S. Government and is our national symbol for conservation education.

If you have any questions, please go to the website: woodsyowlproducts.com for licensing information and to buy products from companies that are official licensees.

I believe this should be directed at Woot staff and posted to the very front page.

sTyLeS

usdawoodsyowl wrote:I am the licensing agent for Woodsy Owl and this is an unlicensed product that must be taken down immediately. Woodsy Owl is owned by the U.S. Government and is our national symbol for conservation education.

No you're not.
And you posted in the Derby thread, not in the current Shirt thread.

paigeg

kevlar51 wrote:This would be perfect for that BBQ design you and Draxxx put together

Beat me to it. Hell yeah - let's see that! Or, if either/both of you have time, some other extreme grindhouse/splatter meaty-themed masterpiece.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Let's hear it for anthropomorphic sausages!

Kind of a weak theme. Don't know what to do that hasn't been done before.

A postcard I have on my office door:

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

As a Veggo, I happily bought TGentry's "Some BBQ". I'm hoping this derby produces designs of similar quality, though I have my doubts.

paigeg

sTyLeS wrote:No you're not.
And you posted in the Derby thread, not in the current Shirt thread.

Huh. S/he may actually be what s/he claims. Though apparenlty not the organization's most erudite employee.
This could be interesting. I'd actually run across this site in the past, research Smokey the Bear stuff.

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

Would something like this count as text? hmm?

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
bassanimation wrote:"If I didn't get the chicken wings, so what. We've still got that Meat Lover's pizza in the trunk."

"Hey lady there's a whale in your boat!"

bedodread

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bedodread

i'd love to see a meat-unicorn :D

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
kevlar51 wrote:This would be perfect for that BBQ design you and Draxxx put together

If Drakxxx is up for it, then I'm down

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138

Is it wrong that the first thing I thought of was the movie Porky's?

paigeg

There were some cool meat desings from past derbies I woulnd't mind re-seeing. LIke "Prime Number" from the Three derby. And there was another one with a pig's head and crossed bacon (like skull and crossbones). I can't find it for the life of me, now, OR remember whose it was. Stoopid braincell loss....

bassanimation

bedodread wrote:i'd love to see a meat-unicorn :D

LOLOLOL, THIS! It could be a stew-nicorn. Id love to draw this just for the fun of it. <3