adorable characters!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: FEAST!

Excellent!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Feel The Burn (resubbed 2.0)

I still have that grill. Great character and love the A-1 steak sauce bottle. +1

stven007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stven007
rglee129 wrote:Thanks for the kind words and early votes, folks!

As for ThatRobert's and OdysseyRoc's composition comments- tried it with a shirt full of text, but it looked kind of weird since the hot dog is standing on a surface. Maybe it would work if he was drawn more in a floating pose...? I love you guys' work and value your opinions, so I'll think about them more and maybe play with it a bit...

as someone said before, this shirt is clever but too subtle. many people won't take time to read through the ingredients, and even if they scan it chances are they won't see the really funny ones like "this one thing we found."

also, it probably would have taken me a while to understand that the hot dog was going through an identity crisis if i didnt see the caption. it might a good idea to have a thought bubble exclaiming "what am I?" or something like that, as someone previously also pointed out.

either that, or have the hot dog actually look at the ingredient list with a confused look - this might better convey a sense of identity loss.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: The Great Green Meat Machine

Green Eggs and HAM. wheres the parody?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Optimal Prime Rib

I love how you drew your meat texture! Great design and a funny concept. :^) +1

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
odysseyroc wrote:Farmer John Wayne Gacy! Great illustration, but man is that creepy.

I didn't want to be the first one to say it, but that's exactly who I see too. :p

Super creepy.

bodugok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bodugok
Re: Nice to meat you!

this would make a great grill apron

cantstopthesignal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cantstopthesignal
vegetablelove wrote:Not to be a negative nelly, but doesn't this fall foul of "no cannibalism?" Pigs eating pigs still counts as that, and he seems to be salivating at eating the old pork.

Your user name says it all.

Get out, now.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
stven007 wrote:as someone said before, this shirt is clever but too subtle. many people won't take time to read through the ingredients, and even if they scan it chances are they won't see the really funny ones like "this one thing we found."

also, it probably would have taken me a while to understand that the hot dog was going through an identity crisis if i didnt see the caption. it might a good idea to have a thought bubble exclaiming "what am I?" or something like that, as someone previously also pointed out.

either that, or have the hot dog actually look at the ingredient list with a confused look - this might better convey a sense of identity loss.

Thanks for the tip and comment.

Maybe I'm just biased b/c it's fogged and I don't want it to lose momentum, but I dig the timing of the way this design is read, and I'd hate to mess that up. Its subtlety is part of the payoff.

Loosely defended by tip #7 in Billy Wilder's 10 tips for writers: "A tip from Lubitsch: Let the audience add up two plus two. They’ll love you forever."

Otherwise it's more Carrot Top and less Joel Hodgson. Of course Carrot Top was sort of funny and is probably really, really rich.

edit: edited for brevity

timjoestan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timjoestan
Re: Braise Him

Behold, a lamb chop worthy of your everlasting braise. For He is the breakfast, lunch, and dinner forever. Amen.

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
Re: Optimal Prime Rib

This is all sorts of funny! My favorite is Baster in stead of Blaster for his gun. GMV

brockart

Re: Bacon is Supreme

That's one tough little guy! Great shirt!

brockart

Re: paradise by the oven door.

Meatloaf is one of my favorite musical genre's. +1! Nice job

brockart

Re: Intergalactic Space weenies

This is sweet! I love the glow from the flame on the side of the rocket. I might also use this as a last minute halloween costume!

brockart

thesearearts wrote:Love this!

Me too! I love it's simplicity too!

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
Re: french meat hunt

finally what is meat and what is not meat is a cultural thing.A 3 colors design on kelly green

brockart

Re: Spam Spade

It was a day like any other day. I was about to get canned by the boys in blue, but then she walked in. She was bun length with eyes like a beautiful sunset. But for all her delicious beauty, I had the suspicion she was packing heat.

(someone else should continue the story! This entry deserves to have the whole tale told)

healsr4f

quality posts: 0 Private Messages healsr4f
randa90 wrote:Really??? I thought it was pretty obvious, but guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. Liked it and would buy one!

Thanks. Done in Word. It's going to take some time to learn adobe illustrator.

brockart

melquam wrote:I know what you mean... I went boxy because the tree in the book always was cut off at the top of the page. You never got to see the full enormity of it. Plus, I couldn't think of a good shape to make the tree in its entirety that didn't resemble Sideshow Bob.

Sideshow bob! Ha ha ha ha...

carmelpixie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmelpixie
Re: Plenty of Meat - ReSub

Fixed the comp so that it's not all grainy and weird looking. Please vote! Who WOULDN'T want a cornucopia of meat? Endless bacon woo!

Six colors on red.

healsr4f

quality posts: 0 Private Messages healsr4f

Nice, as a guy, I wouldn't wear it; but voted anyway. It's sad but true most of the time. SPOOKTACULAR! guys.

TacToc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TacToc
Re: A High Steaks Love Affair

Why is this not doing better? Why? This is my favorite shirt and has been for a long time..... come on folks.....VOTE.

carmelpixie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmelpixie
Re: Sad Tofu - ReSub

ReSub to fix the comp. Please vote! Tofu will be more sad if you don't!

Four colors on cream.

elife55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elife55
omnitarian wrote:That's the whole point of the shirt :P

Ok. Just making sure! Since it's the company name and all I didn't know if that might be a problem to print.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: Ground Chuck

peanuts are "off limits"

but,pepermint patty should be in there somewhere.smirking )

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates

anyone else notice site issues?

mrsjamie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsjamie

When I clicked on this I was hoping to find the pictures from the song "I knew an old lady who swallowed a fly." Done well, THAT would be funny.

Re: Food Chain

MisterBones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MisterBones
Re: TEXAS CHAINSAW BBQ

It's been too long since I've been able to buy a DrakXXX design on a shirt. This one's all mine if it prints.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
timjoestan wrote:Behold, a lamb chop worthy of your everlasting braise. For He is the breakfast, lunch, and dinner forever. Amen.

Ogres Mangling Freaky Ghouls I see the face of jesus! Oh wait, no...
It's just my reflection off the monitor, I need a hair cut, lol!

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: Hot Dog's Identity Crisis

"Stinky britches! You've got stinky britches!"

It's this new song by Alanis Morrissette...

I feel like every time I get that song out of my head, somehow something draws it back. This time I blame you.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
Re: Just say No

nom nom nom

+1

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
Re: Hot dog hot dog hot diggity dog

Yep, that's a big foot long hot dog on your shirt.

No. Yes.

MathUhhhSaurus

Re: Meaty Shower Scene

A mysterious shadow appears. The shadow is holding a fork and steak knife. *scary music plays*
End Scene.

gmv

Next Scene.
Shadow person eats the delicious towel.

What Bindle of Carrots?

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
Re: Hooray for Bacon!

Wow, I was super excited about this submission. I cannot tell how disappointed I am with its performance. If anyone happens to see this post, I'd love for some feedback as to what happened here? Is it just subpar? did I put too much in the comp file? Is the detail pic that is on the main voting page not descriptive enough?

No. Yes.

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar
Re: Tuna of the Land

Psycho....delic.....

MathUhhhSaurus

Re: The Magic Taco Truck

awesome job! I knew the reference immediately. After Bill Nye the Science Guy, that was the best educational show ever! (imo :] )

+1

What Bindle of Carrots?

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Re: Go Meat?

Too bad! I thought this design would have a good chance on this derby.

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Re: Nice to meat you!

Way to go walma. Voted

kschlege

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kschlege
Re: I like BIG hams

Is it just me, or would the bottom text look better with the white on pink like the top text?

Otherwise a great job!