thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: An exhaustive guide to cuts of meat

Hammylink wrote:Lulz.
Cow @$$ and head cheese are pretty much the two best parts.

I'll have to take your word for it!

jasneko wrote:Pretty gross - and funny! Nice one ThatRobert!:D

Thanks jasneko!

juliaL719 wrote:Oh, come now. Beef cheeks are absolutely amazing. I love this, Robert.

Yes, beef cheeks are wonderful. Otherwise, the cud would fall out of the side of their face.

phantom240 wrote:Thats a Bingo!

Thanks Phantom!

brockart wrote:This is fun AND educational!
Nice shirt and Nice addition of the oyster joke.

Thanks Brock!

MBrulla wrote:As someone who works in a meat processing facility I can't WAIT to buy this.

Wouldn't it be great to just refer to your t-shirt instead of that chart on the wall?

elviswind wrote:What a great design TR! At the very least, you'll need to give yourself a Best Loser award!

I'd much rather have it printed...

dustthouart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dustthouart
Re: This is not bacon (resub)

Time to get all humorless up in here! Aw yeah.

1. Canadians don't refer to ANYTHING as Canadian bacon. That is a purely American term.
2. "Canadian bacon" is used to refer to back bacon (which is a type of bacon) but it is also used, irrationally, to refer to a type of ham. The picture you have here is a type of ham. It's not even back bacon. No Canadian, French-speaking or otherwise, would call it bacon. In my opinion, no one anywhere should call it bacon.
3. "Bacon" is an Anglicism, not actually commonly used in French. When it is used in French, it is italicized to indicate that it is of foreign origin.
4. "The Treachery of Images" is notoriously badly parodied. The point of "The Treachery of Images" is that the picture is of a pipe, but because it is just a picture, it is not really a pipe, hence the caption. Your picture is captioning something that isn't a picture of bacon, with the caption "this isn't bacon".

I love Magritte and I love bacon and I think calling this kind of ham "bacon" is nonsensical, so you'd think I'd be the ideal wearer of this shirt, but the concept is flawed. I think if that caption had said "this is bacon", that might have been sneakily brilliant. But as is, no.

I will say that your imitation of Magritte's style and writing is very good.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Just say No
NotCesar wrote:Bring me a skillet!

Sad sad eyes are looking at you!

lucky1988 wrote:adorable characters!

Thanks lucky!

MathUhhhSaurus wrote:nom nom nom

+1

Just say no to noms.
Thanks!

Vote!

traviswho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages traviswho
Re: Tuna of the Land

if anyone thinks they would like this more without the tin can - please let me know in a comment and i will see about re-submitting - thanks ; )

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Pudding means Meat
phantom240 wrote:Lol. Pink Floyd reference.

xxbirdxgirlxx wrote:Love the Wall reference!!

squidsalad wrote:This is pretty cool! I'm glad I saw this. GMV.

Thanks phantom, birdgirl and squidsald! Glad you like it. It was a bit of an impulse design;)

Vote!

traviswho

Re: MAKE IT HOT

this i delightful in so many ways - i hope ppl start voting it up soon because it belongs in the fog

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Mystery Meat

I think this is what they make the McRib out of....

Wonderful work, dude. I really like the text, you're so good at making that stuff by hand.

+1!

traviswho

traviswho wrote:this i delightful in so many ways - i hope ppl start voting it up soon because it belongs in the fog

is the design crooked on the shirt, or does it just appear that way? - not saying it's a bad thing, just curious

Azor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azor
traviswho wrote:if anyone thinks they would like this more without the tin can - please let me know in a comment and i will see about re-submitting - thanks ; )

the tin can is the cool thing about it, leave it there

oreocookiesp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oreocookiesp
Re: Brains, The Other White Meat

I'd buy one! Succulent braaaains...

oreocookiesp

Re: The Giving Pig

The stitches on the pig are..... creepy. Amusing idea, but it would freak out the kiddies.

elviswind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elviswind

Either way . . . .

oreocookiesp

Re: Dawn of the Era of Dinosaur Meat and Extinction

mjc613 wrote:I really like the design, but I think it gets washed out on the heather shirt. Have you thought of this on Black or Lt. Blue?

I agree with the above post about your shirt. Also, perhaps some subtext that's Holy Grail related. eg

"Look at the BONES!"

kevlar51

quality posts: 43 Private Messages kevlar51
elviswind wrote:Great sketch . . . but something is bugging me about the perspective of the flying contraption. Because you can see the inside surface of the hull, it makes it seem like the ship is heading down or in some direction other than it should.

Thanks elviswind. Perhaps the plesiosaur is dragging it down?

In reality, I drew the airship with the idea that the viewer is at the same level as the area between the balloon and the gondola. But in hindsight, that was a poor composition choice, as the image would have been much more powerful coming from the waves.

kevlar51

quality posts: 43 Private Messages kevlar51

sad to see this drop out of the fog.

lap10

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lap10
Re: You Never Sausage a Cool Shirt

Reminds me too much of the Pedro billboards for South of the Border

maskerade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maskerade
paigeg wrote:What, no Jimmy Hoffa?
This is beyond amazing. I dunno if I'll buy - not sure about people reading my chest for THAT long. But certainly GMV.

In lieu of Hoffa, the missing person ingredient is Ambrose Chase, which I had to look up out of curiosity. Of course an Illustrator would use him instead!

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Re: Spam Spade

This Shirt is so.... Tasty!

+1!

Love me some Maltese Falcon...

manikx66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manikx66
be10der2me wrote:Beautiful color choices!

looks like you might need to fix the color between 2 of the spider legs.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: paradise by the oven door.

ok I remember the first time I saw a video of meatloaf on friday night on midnight special when I was a kid.I was hooked. the shirt, the scarf, the girl, the band. when I saw "Meat" as the theme I had ta do it! ! had to. might not be done well. mine never are. by take it for what it is.

Robsoul

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Robsoul
traviswho wrote:is the design crooked on the shirt, or does it just appear that way? - not saying it's a bad thing, just curious

Shouldn't be crooked, but the tee mockup is slanted to the left a little, thus the design is as well.

Thanks for the positive comments everyone!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: cmykondiments

oh thank god! I read cmykondoms at first!

oh yeah: "a really novel twist on the generally tired old idea of 'cmyk' colorization of a variety of inter-related idioms, err, items."

noblehappenstance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noblehappenstance
Re: Hot Dog's Identity Crisis

I keep thinking about what people would think of me wearing a hotdog on my shirt, regardless, I think this design is awesome

Rake This![/url]

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
elife55 wrote:Ok. Just making sure! Since it's the company name and all I didn't know if that might be a problem to print.

I looked it up: "Tofurky" is a brand name, "Tofurkey" (with an 'e') is the name for turkey-flavored meat substitutes in general. So it doesn't actually step on the toes of any copyright.

noblehappenstance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noblehappenstance
Re: Gobble Gobble Suckas!

I respect your consistent style so much, I like how this is a bit of a different mood from the usual, but still has that instantly identifiable walmazan flare

Rake This![/url]

manikx66

manikx66

Re: Zombie Care Bears like Bacon Buddies

very nice, how long did it take you to do this design?

manikx66

Re: BACON!!!!!!!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=46787
mmmmmm baaaacooonnn

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
tjost wrote:Part deux. Sorry for the incorrect French on the first one. Here's the resub with the correct French for, "This is not bacon". Silly Canadians

Please revote!!

GMV!
If you think French is difficult, try this on for size!

http://www.infiltec.com/j-prono.htm

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
dustthouart wrote:Time to get all humorless up in here! Aw yeah.

1. Canadians don't refer to ANYTHING as Canadian bacon. That is a purely American term.
2. "Canadian bacon" is used to refer to back bacon (which is a type of bacon) but it is also used, irrationally, to refer to a type of ham. The picture you have here is a type of ham. It's not even back bacon. No Canadian, French-speaking or otherwise, would call it bacon. In my opinion, no one anywhere should call it bacon.
3. "Bacon" is an Anglicism, not actually commonly used in French. When it is used in French, it is italicized to indicate that it is of foreign origin.
4. "The Treachery of Images" is notoriously badly parodied. The point of "The Treachery of Images" is that the picture is of a pipe, but because it is just a picture, it is not really a pipe, hence the caption. Your picture is captioning something that isn't a picture of bacon, with the caption "this isn't bacon".

I love Magritte and I love bacon and I think calling this kind of ham "bacon" is nonsensical, so you'd think I'd be the ideal wearer of this shirt, but the concept is flawed. I think if that caption had said "this is bacon", that might have been sneakily brilliant. But as is, no.

I will say that your imitation of Magritte's style and writing is very good.

Ermm... thanks I guess To go over your points to show where I was coming from on it.

1. Shirt was made for Americans not Canadians
2. Refer to point one
3. Again point one (and it is italicized )
4. Magritte painted the pipe image to show that it was not a pipe just a representation. My image shows two things. First that it is not actually bacon because it is just an image and second that not only is it just an image, it is a poorly labled image because almost all Americans think of belly bacon when someone says bacon not the poorly named Canadian Bacon. Also see point one.

Not trying to attack Canadians, or French, just point out the obvious lack of awesomeness that Canadian bacon has compared to awesome REAL bacon, eh

eolstad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eolstad

I love this design!

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus
Re: Homophones are Fun

*Insert rimshot sound here.
Next I've got a bit about airline food am I right?

Ok well, this is a pretty cheesy idea I had about visualizing homophones. Inspired by cheesy jokes everywhere.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Hot Dog's Identity Crisis

this is incredible good! great work like always!

manikx66

please let me know what you think of this design.

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me

Not my cup-o-tea. Too close to copy-write infringement. Sorry.

walmazan

Re: Bacon is Supreme

Wow! love it so much!

walmazan

Re: TEXAS CHAINSAW BBQ

Please return to the fog! really deserve to print!

plus, I want to buy it

walmazan

Re: The Magic Taco Truck

if you print it some day in another place, please keep me posted, because I want it with all my heart!

+1

mscrankypants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mscrankypants

[quote]Re: Gobble Gobble Suckas!
[/quote

+1
Probably the only shirt in this derby I would definitely buy. Great job!!!

walmazan

Re: An exhaustive guide to cuts of meat

I love everything here, and in general all your subs, specially your color pallet! looks always terrific!