phantom240

quality posts: 4 Private Messages phantom240
Re: The Magic Taco Truck

Excellent! Hilarious AND offensive! If it prints elsewhere, I want it.

beammedown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beammedown
Re: The Great Green Meat Machine

This appears to be within the legal side of things IMHO. Nice demonstration of the Seuss style

laurinletzring

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurinletzring
Re: Family Comes First

This is so hilaRIOUS!

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
Re: The Toughest Cuts of Meat

Okay. THIS is hilarious. Love how the meat looks like it's made out of candy :D! nom nom nom!

avhienda01

farseye21 wrote:I don't get it

sau-sage = saw such.

avhienda01

Re: Feel The Burn (resubbed 2.0)

Really like how this turned out. Love the little sizzles on the grill the best.

sawbones84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sawbones84
Re: Pork Tenderloin

this is hilarious. so sad it was rejected

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Unicorn Steakhouse

I can't help but think "Alabama Crimson Tide" when looking at this shirt.

beammedown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beammedown
Re: Gobble Gobble Suckas!

MY GOD...it always amazes me what can be done with just two colors.. really.. +1

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

I'd love to eat here! Excellent work!

lucky1988

Re: Tenderizer

Love the retro styling and illustration!

lucky1988

Re: sausage fest

hilarious work! I love the tiny meat boobs.

freezo1994

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freezo1994
Re: This is not bacon (resub)

very nice gmv

lucky1988

Re: The Toughest Cuts of Meat

@PixelPants-Cheers, I tried a layout with OP in the middle but it didn't look quite right.

@JRWorkshopmjc613
@mjc613
@djenkins1982
@avhienda01
Thanks everyone!

lucky1988

Re: Meaty Shower Scene

Great character! Love the BBQ sauce shower. +1

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
phantom240 wrote:Excellent! Hilarious AND offensive! If it prints elsewhere, I want it.

I don't see how it's offensive at all, but thanks for the nice comment.

weirdpuckett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weirdpuckett
Re: My Meatlover

Green eyes , golden flowing hair, mushroom hat, and she smaells terrific! That's because she's a MEATBALL! I really love them . . . .

weirdpuckett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weirdpuckett
weirdpuckett wrote:Green eyes , golden flowing hair, mushroom hat, and she smaells terrific! That's because she's a MEATBALL! I really love them . . . .

Oh yeah . . .the mouth is garlic and the pools of water are the drip you get from the wet noodles-didn't feel like coloring them red-brown as if was sauce . . .

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

It warms my heart that you guys are appreciating the ridiculousness of this. <3

sTyLeS wrote:There's just something about this one that I like and keeps drawing me back to it. Sure, it's bacony. But I think maybe it's the fact that it's still alive and it's staring at me.

Yeah, he's defiant about our attempt to eat him.

BootsBoots wrote:You guys are weird.

*satisfied grin*

shellsandoval wrote:If only calamari tasted like bacon, I would eat it!

This calamari I had, though not bacon-y, was good. Plus there was something satisfying about eating a tiny octopus. (Look closely at the tentacles!)

mopeloss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mopeloss
beammedown wrote:MY GOD...it always amazes me what can be done with just two colors.. really.. +1

I have to agree; this being only two colors blows my mind.

dianabosworth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dianabosworth

Makes me want to play with my food. The thumbnail really caught my eye.

llklocke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llklocke

I like the concept, but it just doesn't feel very magical to me. I wouldn't have get the connection to the magic school bus without the title...and even though it was a bit of a reach. I really do like the concept. Keep your stuff coming, though man. You are very talented and I was like seeing what you create every week.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: Baconoctopus

Very sad to see this drop out of the fog. It was the only fogged entry I'd consider buying and the only one I voted for.

Heh, let me share a comment my friend made when I showed it to him: "Oh god I find this unsettling. It's being burned alive but it is indifferent."

mbk21

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mbk21

BWAAAAHAHAHAHA! "Soylent green" and "rodent hair" were the first ones I saw, and I was enchanted until I read the whole thing. Hilarious!

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

that's insane that this is out of the fog.

kelmar13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kelmar13

Some awesome shirts this time around!

Panda bacon

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
effiew wrote:
It took a 2 second search at the first microstock site I could think of to find several offerings that look almost identical to what you have here.

Effiew, that link takes you to a page containing hundreds of royalty free images. You could be more specific when citing concerns over originality. Adder does rail against designers lack of originality and distinct artistic style, but it seems he takes people to task for recycling images and ripping off copywrighted characters and existing designs. Most people might agree that the style of these images is fairly generic, but they are wholly in keeping with the concept. When creating a design incorporating icons or pictograms most would research existing ones and work to match the style. Looking at Adder's submission there is evidence that he drew it and did not just cut and paste them.

jodiehuie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodiehuie
Re: Mutton Lettuce and Tomato (resub)

Great! I want three, at least!

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
brockart wrote:
What do you think Uni-steak tastes like? Reese's Pieces?

It depends on the Unicorn you choose. "Unicorn Steakhouse'" has a corral much like a lobster tank, from which you can choose "dinner on the hoof." Find a feisty one and it may be a little tough...look for sparkles around your dinner's head for a mouth-tingly experience.

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
AdderXYU wrote:Anything is meat with a delicious garlic-herb butter.

yes you're right it's delicious with butter garlic/herbs but my grand dad was eating my best friends when i was a kid ;-(((

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
kinzoku wrote:Heh, let me share a comment my friend made when I showed it to him: "Oh god I find this unsettling. It's being burned alive but it is indifferent."

I wonder if it's just as unsettling that I absolutely love that interpretation, lol. Awesome comment!

loosefaith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loosefaith

This reminds me of the ThinkGeek.com practical joke! It was Unicorn in a Can...the other white meat. You should look it up! They even got a letter from the pork foundation (society...whatever...)! Hilarious!!
You got my vote for sure!! This turned out great!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Aww thanks so much for the comments, everyone! This one went up kind of late, but it was so silly I had to get it on up here. :D

A long time ago my friend was talking about how it was annoying that unicorns were always portrayed as girly. I mean, honestly, horses are pretty freakin' boss! A horse with a horn would be like boss +50. So, I thought about her words and tried to make this guy look as "beefy" as I could ^_^.

Glad everyone's getting a kick out of the Manicorn Steakhouse! It was a lot of fun to make and I hope it brings a smile to your Halloween, buwahahaha!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
effiew wrote:As you are someone who FREQUENTLY complains of a lack of artistry and originality in submissions, I am a little surprised that THIS is what you submit yourself.

It took a 2 second search at the first microstock site I could think of to find several offerings that look almost identical to what you have here.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_search.php?action=file&text=mustard%20icon&oldtext=condiment%20icon

Are your artistic ideals and "ethics" only supposed to apply to other people?

The content of this design was supposed to have an iconography feel to it. Which I feel I succeeded in doing. As for the originality being there or not, I'm not sure there are multitudes of designs which use this juxtaposition. I'd be happy to admit I am wrong if you have seen others.

Also, your evidence is laughably poor at best. None of the clipart you linked looks like these representations. However, it should look familiar, insofar as if you go to the supermarket, you'll find many ketchups, mustards, and relishes in similar bottles. That's sort of the point. When I produce evidence that is anything less than compelling, it is in service of demonstrating that a concept is dead-boring and done to death. Again, I don't think this counts.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Nerds Guide to Unicorn Meat

Not that this concept is anything but tired to start with, but it is basically identical to ThatRobert's design in the fog right now in stylization and even similar colors (and the repetition of every piece being "meat" is worrisome also).

Way to go!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
mrwednesday wrote:I can't help but think "Alabama Crimson Tide" when looking at this shirt.

Roll Tide! My godsister went to Alabama :D. I did kind of want this to look like a 'sports shirt' with the hopes it wouldn't be too feminine. I tried to make a strong looking 'mascot' of sorts.

I'd like to see a unicorn and an elephant battle...that would open a black hole of kickass.

Funny Fact: My boyfriend's highschool mascot was the Unicorn. XD~~~

Muppethero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Muppethero
AdderXYU wrote:Not that this concept is anything but tired to start with, but it is basically identical to ThatRobert's design in the fog right now in stylization and even similar colors (and the repetition of every piece being "meat" is worrisome also).

Way to go!

I would like this more if you found more meat uses for the unicorn.

Yourkiddingright

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Yourkiddingright
AdderXYU wrote:Not that this concept is anything but tired to start with, but it is basically identical to ThatRobert's design in the fog right now in stylization and even similar colors (and the repetition of every piece being "meat" is worrisome also).

Way to go!

Neither is original but this type of shirt has been done before at Thinkgeek, albiet with different labels.

x3xleggedxninja

quality posts: 3 Private Messages x3xleggedxninja

Am I the only one that senses some Borat inspiration here?

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: This is not bacon (resub)

This is great!