studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: Unicorn Steakhouse

I am man enough to eat there. Kill it, grill it.

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me

Is it actual Unicorn meat or Tofunicorn? McD's sells soy as burgers...what are the steaks actually made of? Tofu or Reese's Pieces?

studio1172

Re: Gobble Gobble Suckas!

Turkey's weird me out. I love the textures and the use of only two colors! This is otterific!

studio1172

Re: Hot Dog's Identity Crisis

Being a lover of the hotdog, my vote is yours.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Gobble Gobble Suckas!

Wow! Brilliant artistry.

fishbiscuit5

Re: An Honest Meal

Ah, simple and to the point. My favorite kind of shirt design!

fishbiscuit5

Re: Just say No

Aw, just look at those sad little faces. How can anybody want to eat them now?

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Really glad you went with your unicorn idea This is one of the strongest shirt designs I've seen you do and it's awesome, I'm glad you finished it. If this doesn't print either this go around or in a double take, then there is no justice in the world of Woot. Great job Bass +1

BTW I'm not sure they serve actual unicorn at this place. I'm seeing it more like a Brazilian steakhouse where they stack meat on the unicorns horn and he goes around to the tables to serve

fishbiscuit5

Re: The Toughest Cuts of Meat

So much toughness on one shirt. Love it!

fishbiscuit5

Re: Mutton Lettuce and Tomato (resub)

A.wesome! Nothing like a good MLT. I was hoping somebody would work this into a design.

fishbiscuit5

Re: Feel The Burn (resubbed 2.0)

This makes me want to go buy a George Foreman grill. mmmm... juicy, juicy steak grilled inside the comfort of my home.

ceinwyn24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ceinwyn24
Yourkiddingright wrote:Neither is original but this type of shirt has been done before at Thinkgeek, albiet with different labels.

well did not know about other unicorn shirt was an idea I had but was not sure because of text rule but saw others not get rejected and decided to go ahead with it . My outline is red not orange like the other one on here . The blue is what worked best hope not the same. Tried several color combination this worked best on navy color.

nujra5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nujra5
Re: The Toughest Cuts of Meat

This better make the top 3, I really want to buy this. I wanna buy this like right now. aHHHHH its so awesome!!! =D

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
mjc613 wrote:While it might not state in the rules, woot doesn't print shirts with religious overtones, even if they are humorous.

Yeah, there is no way they'd print this, but if they did, I would buy!

cobaltgrl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cobaltgrl
jxchen wrote:Nice design, however the original meme is already for sale on a shirt here:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/generic/e58a/

Pretty much every idea you can think of is already on a t-shirt, some so many times it would make your head spin. What is your point?

cobaltgrl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cobaltgrl
Re: Brains, The Other White Meat

Thanks so much for your support! I'm stoked that I managed to get this out looking good.

EldanRetha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EldanRetha

You realize if you come up with original ideas you wont have to worry about being constantly rejected right?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
cobaltgrl wrote:Pretty much every idea you can think of is already on a t-shirt, some so many times it would make your head spin. What is your point?

I think the point is that's not true. Lots of ideas are overdone. They shouldn't be done again. But every week there are a good handful of designs which haven't been done, or new takes on old concepts that freshen them up and make then newer. Your comment, therefore, is nothing but wrong. The idea that "there's nothing new under the sun" is nothing but a bad excuse.

djenkins1982

quality posts: 15 Private Messages djenkins1982

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr
Re: Hot Dog's Identity Crisis

Ever wonder why some hot dogs taste funny?? It's 'cause their ingredients are hilarious! Ba-da-Boom!! Love this--and hope to totally wear it to a cookout!

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

Your right it is a little boring I have thought about it and will make some changes if you see this post and have voted on this please vote for version 2

thanks

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Just say No

Excellent expressions JASNEKO! Love it!

sleeping143

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sleeping143

I love the double joke here; excellent art, too!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: The Evolution of Meat

This is the history of meat from it's earliest chicken nugget form though spam, hot dog, bacon and arriving at the height of protein wonder which is the t-bone steak.
Any feedback would be most appreciated.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: sausage fest

Haha! Brilliant!

PixelPants

quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: MAKE IT HOT

Very neatly executed. Really like details in the coloring and misaligned registration,as well as your characterisation.

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

I have made a second version of this design if you are wanting to vote on this shirt please use this link below to go to version 2 to see changes i have made and to vote
thanks

Re: Nerds Guide to Unicorn Meat V2

new design:

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Everyone's a Wiener

Wieners!

anjulka

quality posts: 5 Private Messages anjulka
Re: Heaven On Earth

This should be doing much better. Harrumph.

mscrankypants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mscrankypants
Re: Everyone's a Wiener

+1 Great design!!!

brendanwang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brendanwang

I really really like this shirt! I hope it gets printed

tjost

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=46873]Frank's Surf

Collab with the great megsck. I think it turned out really nice

That's about it for me this derby. I have five entries now, and while I have more ideas, sleep and a cramped hand are telling me no

MKenningJr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKenningJr
Re: The Swift Zombie

I love it! Johnathan Swift would totally approve of a zombies as a means of population control.

davidroisme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davidroisme
stupididiot wrote:im sorry, but im not getting this, you took the old shirt and just gave him spots and cutlery? for me its too close to the original, and they are currently still printing those at other sites. these are images i found with a simple google search. if your going to parody it, it would help to at least mention the parody but also to change it enough from the original.

here
here
here

and i know they were selling it at urban outfitters at one point, dont know if they still are.

they sure are. i have that exact shirt and got it from urban just a couple weeks ago. saw this shirt and thought it was way too close to the original.

timjoestan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timjoestan
Johndis5 wrote:Yeah, there is no way they'd print this, but if they did, I would buy!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm hoping my very first derby submission doesn't bite the dust prematurely.

Would it help if I changed the title to "Delicious meat on an ancient Roman empire execution device"? It's not religious, just morbid. And morbid sells shirts.

djenkins1982

quality posts: 15 Private Messages djenkins1982
kevlar51 wrote:Can't argue with the concept. But something about the wing joint turns my stomach.

Yeah, the shoulders just look creepy haha.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=46873]Frank's Surf

Howdy. Just a reminder to avoid those dratted special characters in your Derby title as they cause the quote code to truncate in posts. The & got you this time.

It's early... maybe remove and resubmit?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
thatrobert wrote:I won't claim it's terribly original but in looking around I was surprised there weren't MORE t-shirts playing with this idea.

Doesn't this kind of prove my point?

By the way, you asked me earlier about shirts that were similar since I said the idea was tired. A fair request, to be sure. While this shirt isn't exactly like yours, it's the same idea. Again, not saying you stole it, but the idea is just exhausted. And the fact that people have voted it into the fog is sad.

And someone posted this in one of the two other shirts that are the exact same idea (that's three total!). Again, different subject but exact same idea:

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Zombie Care Bears like Bacon Buddies

Well, it's not terribly original.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tjost

Re: Frank's Surf and Turf

Collab with the great megsck. I think it turned out really nice

That's about it for me this derby. I have five entries now, and while I have more ideas, sleep and a cramped hand are telling me no