mindputtee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mindputtee
Re: This is not bacon (resub)

I am so pleased that this has fogged, I would buy one for myself, and one for my brother!

sideadde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sideadde
Re: Everyone's a Wiener

Quite prolific this derby, eh? You must be a meat expert... ;)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

As a MOT, I find this shirt offensive. Unless they're Hebrew National.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

I want to be a wiener! Sausage Fest 2010, here I come! Wonderful job on the textures and colors, Boots .

There actually IS a sausage fest going on not an hour from me. (oddly enough in the same town where the Unicorn is the high school mascot...)

bassanimation

Re: Frank's Surf and Turf

Oh nice job you guys, I love this one! Great characters and color!

I remember when I was little I would fascinated by the lobster tanks they had at the grocery store. I would go and stare at them while my mom did boring stuff. @_______@

bassanimation

lucky1988 wrote: tiny meat boobs.

HAHAHAHAH, I know what domain I'm looking into for my next business venture XD~~~

This is comedy genius! HAAAAAAH!

kushalm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kushalm
Re: Nerds Guide to Unicorn Meat V2

Really? Isn't this just a plagiarism of thatroberts - "an exhaustive guide to cuts of meat"??

bassanimation

Re: Steaked

Hahaha, this is great, Seed! Excellent concept, and I love all the hippy arts on his coffin.

bassanimation

Re: Bacon is Supreme

Love the character work here, TJost. The textures and also really great.

Bacon = Elvis of the meat world.

bassanimation

Re: Gobble Gobble Suckas!

This here is one jive turkey! I would not want to approach this guy on Thanksgiving. I'd just end up eating ramen or something...om nom nom ramen..

Excellent as always, Walmazan!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
kushalm wrote:Really? Isn't this just a plagiarism of thatroberts - "an exhaustive guide to cuts of meat"??

With how late it was submitted, I think that's fair to say.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
bassanimation wrote:Never been able to make it all the way through the movie ^^;. However, this is super well done. I love the style and ye olde worlde look. Excellent job!

Heathen, I can no longer talk to you, begone from my sight.

bassanimation

tjost wrote:Heathen, I can no longer talk to you, begone from my site.

I know, I am the object of much hatred amongst the geek community. Alas I hath never fitteth into their gilded molds!

-slinks away like a dog in the night-

(srsly, great shirt tho!)

Annabananaka7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Annabananaka7
EldanRetha wrote:You realize if you come up with original ideas you wont have to worry about being constantly rejected right?

no thank goodness weve got you around to remind us! thank you!

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66
kylemittskus wrote:With how late it was submitted, I think that's fair to say.

For starters why have you not left comments on Prehistoric Meat Chart and diagram of a pig these are both also animal meat charts. Similar to An exhaustive guide to cuts of meat but different such as mine is. As for plagiarism look up the meaning its taking work that is not yours and using it for yourself unchanged. If you look at all the meat diagram submissions they are all different in various way. You can assume that they where influenced by the first one but might not have been. Either way as long as they are similar but different it is ok. A while back I did a post with Charlie brown likenesses shortly after it was posted 2 more showed up from that line of characters but I didn’t have an issue with it they where different. For the lateness of my submission 1. I work and have a social life so I’m busy with other things, 2 I have other submissions that I had worked on first and 3. I already an idea like this before the derby even started but was not sure about the text rule. After the first wave of rejects went through and other diagrams survived I said what the hell why not submit my version as well.

jxchen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jxchen
Re: Nerds Guide to Unicorn Meat V2

Meat charts are far from original, so I wouldn't use that as a basis for rejection, but there are already multiple unicorn meat chart shirts available. A search for 'unicorn meat shirt' will turn up all you can stomach.

jxchen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jxchen

This is amusing and well done. My only crit is that the red balloon is a bit large and empty. It almost seems as if it is missing an element. Other than that, this is very good.

cmercer41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmercer41
Annabananaka7 wrote:this i great! So what if its a copied style? Its called being influenced. Artist grow and develop by starting a copied style. So, everyone stop being a-holes. Its an awesome design and thats what matters. Woot will do the rest. Now, go troll on youtube or somewhere else.

I like it. I would buy it, so there! I always wondered how that stuff got green... cheers and good luck to you!

urjewishgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urjewishgirl

I think this one is pretty good, only hope other people notice it it too

Re: Know Your Meats

urjewishgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urjewishgirl

I like it, I only wish you had used real cuts of meet. Many of them are close but I don't see why would wouldn't just make all of them accurate *shrug* still funny and I know people that would definitely wear it as it is

this is a nice color coded version of the most common cute but I'm sure you could find your own

http://www.jewishrecipes.org/recipes/meat/beef/beef-images/beef-cuts-L.gif

Re: An exhaustive guide to cuts of meat

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
Re: Know Your Meats

+1 for mr.crabs!

mr96crabs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mr96crabs
Re: That's What She Said

this reminds me of that shirt Big pumpkin.

...i voted for it aswell lolz.

nelsonbee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nelsonbee

I have a nice idea, but have no drawing skils. May be someone will help me to recreate my design? It's pretty ugly now. http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=46855

Fisherrman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fisherrman
Re: Happy Cow

Very Cute, i like it

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

Ith your daddy a meat buhrgala because it lookth like thomeone thoved two hams down the back of yo dwess.

Reibear

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reibear
Re: Nice to meat you!

oh my goodness, this is absolutely the best I've seen so far. I'd totally like to meet someone wearing this shirt~

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Tuna of the Land

This is pretty good. Chicken of the sea and Jessica Simpson were some of the first things I thought about when this derby was announced.

thewetmop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewetmop
Re: By Your Powers Combined!

zombtastic work. It may be hard to get people to see the captain planet reference in practice, but i love the idea myself.

Talesin

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Talesin
Re: And On His Farm He Had Chicken Nuggets

Holy hell this is awesome all around. Love the design work and the dynamic tension even in the details. In for two if it comes up. And *have* to wear it to a McD just for grins, first thing.

Here's hoping the rejectionator sees it as parody and not lawsuit material, and we can get to wearing these.

Behrial

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Behrial
Re: The Catch

this is awesome.

WootPhraust

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WootPhraust
Re: Heaven On Earth

I won't flat out say what I should, mainly because I haven't read Woot's posting rules and would prefer to not be banned... All I am going ot do is acknowledge that the bacon looks a little "organic" in a disturbing way.

And while I actually enjoy the piece; I take exception to wearing what looks like... choosing my words wisely here.... a "Veiny Piece of Flesh" on my chest.

Now if the image was a little lower on the shirt...

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Frank's Surf and Turf

ooooh nice, love the text you added! i awwwwed constantly while drawing this pig.

megsck

i love the colors and the feel of this one, although i hate sausage fests, unless we are talking about actual sausages, then i love them.

megsck

Re: Unicorn Steakhouse

i wish unicorns were my college mascot, then this could be our school logo and we would be the most awesomest school ever.

megsck

Re: Meat's Not Murder...

uh...thats uh...thats a pretty big cleaver you got there.

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01

bassanimation- Aww, thanks! So glad to hear you were looking forward to it!
be10der2me- Yep! He does! Thanks!!
spiritgreen- Thank you!! Glad you think so! I spent forever picking colors for this.
mathuhhhsaurus- Ahaha! Actually, one of my first ideas with this one was something similar. I had pictured seeing the shower curtain behind him instead, and draw shadows of people behind it holding up knives and forks. I didn't end up going with it though, because I didn't know how to mesh the two things together without seeming like they were 2 completely different styles. Thanks for the comment though!
jrworkshop- Well thanks!!
lucky1988- Ah, well thank you Lucky!

megsck

Re: Hot Diggity Dog!

And... hold the onions.

this is my personal fav ^_^
nice jorb odyssey!

megsck

Re: Bacon is Supreme

even though im not a huge fan of the bacon, i am a fan of this shirt, i have a particular bacon obsessed person in mind for it.

megsck

Re: MAKE IT HOT

my threesome would involve mayo, wait, that didn't come out right i swear, i mean i hate mustard, i put ketchup and mayo on my buns, i mean hot dogs.

megsck

Re: Meaty Shower Scene

this is pretty zombtastic.