Xenarocks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Xenarocks
Re: And On His Farm He Had Chicken Nuggets

Awesome! I'd wear it to McDonalds....those workers don't care....trust me!

Hammylink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink
Re: The Great Green Meat Machine

Stop complaining and just vote if you like it.

BTW there's a "Seuss" shirt on Threadless right now.

Hammylink

Re: The Magic Taco Truck

I've seen this. It's really real.

Hammylink

bassanimation wrote:I know, I am the object of much hatred amongst the geek community. Alas I hath never fitteth into their gilded molds!

-slinks away like a dog in the night-

(srsly, great shirt tho!)

Inconceivable!

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Re: Hot dog hot dog hot diggity dog

Looks good enough to eat.

sTyLeS

Re: Pudding means Meat

I actually really enjoy this one, being a huge Pink Floyd fan myself.

Hammylink

Re: Everyone's a Wiener

Looks like you're on a roll... with mustard and sauerkraut and grilled onions and of course bacon.

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop

love the piggie

sTyLeS

be10der2me wrote:Is it actual Unicorn meat or Tofunicorn? McD's sells soy as burgers...what are the steaks actually made of? Tofu or Reese's Pieces?

Probably made of Reese's Pieces. Taste the rainbow.

sTyLeS

sTyLeS wrote:Probably made of S-kittles. Taste the rainbow.

utterdamnnonsense

quality posts: 0 Private Messages utterdamnnonsense
thewetmop wrote:zombtastic work. It may be hard to get people to see the captain planet reference in practice, but i love the idea myself.

No, it's pretty clear. In fact, I think it'd be better without the text.

utterdamnnonsense

quality posts: 0 Private Messages utterdamnnonsense
rogerrogerroger wrote:unless youre a vegetarian. in that case, this shirt is about forcing meat-eaters to confront their own meat-eating habits. vote for my shirt.

lol

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Frank's Surf and Turf

LOLOL, everytime I see this piggy, I think, "Awww, he looks like me when I sit at my desk and mope cause I'm not on a beach being served fruity drinks by bunnies in banana hammocks."

I have wild fantasies, I know. :\

sTyLeS

Re: Mutton Lettuce and Tomato (resub)

Love the reference. I'd wear that.

leechiyong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leechiyong
Re: Tuna of the Land

If this print's somewhere else, pm please!

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx
Re: By Your Powers Combined!

I think this team is short a couple members, where are Rat and Insect? Seriously missing a key component of the joke without them.

ppremont

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ppremont
dustthouart wrote:Time to get all humorless up in here! Aw yeah.

3. "Bacon" is an Anglicism, not actually commonly used in French. When it is used in French, it is italicized to indicate that it is of foreign origin.

4. "The Treachery of Images" is notoriously badly parodied. The point of "The Treachery of Images" is that the picture is of a pipe, but because it is just a picture, it is not really a pipe, hence the caption. Your picture is captioning something that isn't a picture of bacon, with the caption "this isn't bacon".

Please.

3. I am French Canadian, and I eat non-italicized bacon.
The Franco-French don't eat bacon, they eat lardons, which is the same meat but in little cubes, not sliced. Serve it to them sliced and they will also call it bacon and they will not italicize.

Bacon actually comes from ancient French (like anything good in the English culture, wink wink) Bakko or Bakkon, and returned later to describe thinly sliced smoked and salted pork that the English, Americans and both kinds of Canadians eat.

4. For someone who calls this Canadian bacon, the shirt works, no? Sends them into a mental tailspin they will not recover from.

This is a fine shirt, but poor criticism.

Bring back the 4 O'Clock Flash!!!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
timjoestan wrote:To you? How so?

People here are offended by a massive range of sill stuff. Look at this shirt Think of the Children

If you look at the comments you'll see people calling it racist and everything else under the sun. There was also some shirt with Abe Lincoln pulling a giraffe out of a hat that people were offended by as well, but I don't have the link for that one.

Moral of the story, debating what is/is not offensive on these forums is pointless. If you find another venue that would print this shirt, let us know. I'll buy it.

mobiuschic42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mobiuschic42
Re: The early bird gets the meat

I think it's really pretty, but I don't think I'd get it for a meat-themed shirt

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: An exhaustive guide to cuts of meat

sasham62 wrote:The fact that there are break-down charts of cuts of beef out there is what makes this T-shirt work so well: as parody.
And every derby has at least one idea that two people come up with. Some are tired, but others times have come -- like this one.

@ThatRobert: I love this. I love how clever it is. I love that you took the suggestion of pointing to the brains and made it your own. I even love that it's on brown.
+1 ... and I don't do that very often.

Thanks Sasha!

x3xleggedxninja wrote:Am I the only one that senses some Borat inspiration here?

Funny! I've never seen that but it's a similar repetitive type joke.

kylemittskus wrote:Doesn't this kind of prove my point?

Sorry, I'm lost -- doesn't what prove your point?

urjewishgirl wrote:I like it, I only wish you had used real cuts of meet. Many of them are close but I don't see why would wouldn't just make all of them accurate *shrug* still funny and I know people that would definitely wear it as it is

this is a nice color coded version of the most common cute but I'm sure you could find your own

http://www.jewishrecipes.org/recipes/meat/beef/beef-images/beef-cuts-L.gif

What do you expect from a vegetarian?

d0nk3y wrote:hmm
http://www.sharingmachine.com/index.php?item=43

That's closer than any design I've been able to find...

thefold

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thefold
Re: And On His Farm He Had Chicken Nuggets

Congratulations on winning a RandoMonday Award on The Fold!
This is not SPAM.
We want your shirt to print really bad
We are giving you free publicity to your design and that is all we can offer... for now

handsomemule

quality posts: 0 Private Messages handsomemule
Re: Mutton Lettuce and Tomato (resub)

I will be buying AT LEAST two of these if it prints! AMAZING!

jennyland

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jennyland
Re: Turducken

Add me to the queue of love the shirt, not a fan of the definition. Voted regardless. I live in Louisiana, I had to.

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes
May the Crap be ever in your favor.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: My Meatlover

I like weird a lot. I'm on the fence though. I think if you got rid of the hat and subdued the eyes. It would be better.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: TEXAS CHAINSAW BBQ

I posted the basic premise of this design in This Thread and Drakxxx suggested that I use the character from Motel Hell in the design. So, I sent him a PM asking if he'd be interested in collaborating on it with me. He agreed and, I was stoked.

I sent a couple of quick thumbs to sort show what kind of design I had in mind.

In no time at all, he sent back the great drawing of the pig character and I went to work on a layout. This was what I initially came up with. I ended up getting slammed with deadlines, so I had to put it on the back burner for a week or so.

He thought the type should be bigger, so I set out to work on it. I got half way through lettering "Texas" and decided I wanted to go a different direction with the layout. I thought about those great roadside billboards in the middle of nowhere, that you see when you're taking a road trip ("peggy sue's 50's syle diner, 10 miles ahead exit 128). I also wanted the "Chainsaw" letters to have a sort of blade-like quality to them and and thought that at least one of the words should have a sort of "chaotic" look to them. So, I trashed what I was working on and came up with this layout.

Drakxxx thought it would be cool to add some splatters and stuff dripping off of the chainsaw. He sent a quick mock-up of what we was visualizing and I incorporated into the coloring. I sent him the final color version and he didn't have any more notes for me. We were both pretty happy with how it came out and thought this derby was a great opportunity to see what the community thought of it.

shrottz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shrottz
healsr4f wrote:This is the best entry yet!

I like that other one about the SlimJim!

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Rejectionator wrote:Rejected because: Too similar to previous shirt

Oh well, I can accept that...

sigh, once again I wait until next Thursday...

jessicadennis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jessicadennis
Re: Braise Him

Awww man. I would so have bought this one, even though I really dislike that shade of green.

odysseyroc

paigeg wrote:Somehow, this is pretty much guaranteeing I'll never actually try a taco de lengua. But it makes a fun shirt.

My wife won't even eat a taco from someplace that serves lengua. She's worried that her asada might touch the lengua or even worse, some lengua finds it's way into her food.

sunnydiscontent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunnydiscontent
Re: The Toughest Cuts of Meat

Hilarious! My kids would love it!

SunnyDiscontent

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
manikx66 wrote:For starters why have you not left comments on Prehistoric Meat Chart and diagram of a pig these are both also animal meat charts. Similar to An exhaustive guide to cuts of meat but different such as mine is. As for plagiarism look up the meaning its taking work that is not yours and using it for yourself unchanged. If you look at all the meat diagram submissions they are all different in various way. You can assume that they where influenced by the first one but might not have been. Either way as long as they are similar but different it is ok. A while back I did a post with Charlie brown likenesses shortly after it was posted 2 more showed up from that line of characters but I didn’t have an issue with it they where different. For the lateness of my submission 1. I work and have a social life so I’m busy with other things, 2 I have other submissions that I had worked on first and 3. I already an idea like this before the derby even started but was not sure about the text rule. After the first wave of rejects went through and other diagrams survived I said what the hell why not submit my version as well.

Animal Meat Charts = boring/overdone.

However, not every animal meat chart uses such similar colors and style as yours and Roberts have. I find it nigh impossible to believe yours isn't highly "influenced" by his. So while "haha it's some SPOOKTACULAR! meat chart joke entry 5" might use the same tired concept, you're using the same tired concept without even using a different style to present it. That is why people are bothering to call you out and just sighing at the others. If you were to put this and the other side by side, the average viewer would presume they were done by the same identical person.

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik
kylemittskus wrote:I don't think that I've ever seen a shirt with a cow on it broken down like this. But, for example, there is a pig shirt in this derby (done not nearly as well). I don't think that either of you stole the other's idea, but it's just that the idea is old. There are plenty of "break-down" designs, shirts and otherwise, that use the same idea but perhaps a different subject.

Yeah I did the pig one. I saw thatrobert's post in the prederby thread. I was in progress with working on mine when I saw basically his completed entry. I sent him a message because I did happen to have another entry that I submitted, and I did not want to infringe on his voting with I was worried was going to be construed as a copy. He responded right away to go ahead and submit mine figuring that there may be a few entries with the concept.

I'm not much of an artist or designer at all. So, you can say that it isn't very original, but when the idea hit me, I wasn't influenced by other shirt designs, posters, comics, etc. I just thought it would be funny to do. Even when I started looking for how to actually create a pig diagram for their cuts of meat, I only found meat packing diagrams and not much in the way of tshirt fodder.

I mean seriously, it is not like I or thatrobert retreaded the same cartoonish squirrel or anime/meme blank faced furry creature ;-)

No. Yes.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Crazy Al's Meat Emporium

Crazy Al has meat for everyone and he is undercutting his competition! He will not be undersold! If you need meat Crazy Al is the man for you! His prices are insane! also kosher!

pokii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pokii

Oh, and I'm pretty new to shirt.woot (submitting to the derbies, anyway) so any constructive criticisms you guys may have would be great help for future designs and...well, art in general.

Thanks! :D

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: The Toughest Cuts of Meat

@fishbiscuit5
@nujra5
@sunnydiscontent

Thanks!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Frank's Surf and Turf

Awesome characters and collab. I adore those lobsters!

brihunts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brihunts
Re: F.Y.I.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/unicorn-meat.shtml

Papaya79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Papaya79
Re: This is not bacon (resub)

Yay, in the fog!!! You're tearing it up this derby, tjost! I'm actually surprised that of all your designs, this is the only one in the fog. However, the week is young... :D

Very clever design. GMV!

odysseyroc

midgerock wrote:Crazy Al has meat for everyone and he is undercutting his competition! He will not be undersold! If you need meat Crazy Al is the man for you! His prices are insane! also kosher!

Great job Midge. I did a quick alternate layout that you might want to consider.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: My Meatlover

Ahahaha! That's great.