Papaya79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Papaya79
Re: Frank's Surf and Turf

All together now...

AWWWWWWW Great collab, guys! Poor little piggy.

Papaya79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Papaya79
Re: Unicorn Steakhouse

Beautiful artwork on this, bass! Let's get this thing in the fog!!

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
eHalcyon wrote:I remember this one shirt on red (or cranberry?) with a waiter carrying a platter with a giant steak. I think it was yours... I really liked that one. Any chance you can remix it and resub it? This turducken is pretty great too, but not my style.

good memory eHalcyon. I actually thought of that shirt when I saw this derby. wasn't sure how to change it enough to resub it. hopefully it'll print someday, somewhere.

And sorry for the text-tag haters on this one. I'm not much of a resub-er. I like to take one shot and try my luck.

Thanks for all the votes though! Lot of great shirts this week. Anxious to see what 3 print!!

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge
Re: Everyone's a Wiener

Out of your three entries, this is my favorite. I hope it was not subbed too late to print, and that it rockets up to the fog

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp
healsr4f wrote:I know you think its just a playful pun, it actually pretty offensive to any Christian.

I agree. Not /every/ Christian will be offended, but ones that value the meaning of the Cross and see an image of raw meat instead of Jesus will be offended.

timjoestan wrote:Maybe you should troll the comments of every shirt that seems mildly offensive. There's an idea.

No one is telling you what you can and cannot submit to the derby, but likewise don't take offense if some of your feedback is critical when your submission obviously has a high degree of "shock" value. Criticism really comes with the territory, doesn't it? The comments are for positive and negative feedback. Additionally Woot doesn't want to take part in making fun of anyone's religion. That is not good business, whether you use the Christian Cross or the Islam Crescent.

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: McGold Rush

Great take on the theme, and I think you rendered it well, and chose great, subdued colors. My only quibble is that the golden arches on the suspender buttons might get you rejectionated. I don't know how closely Woot is going to call copyright issues - no one is ever sure how Woot decides things! But if you do get the boot don't feel bad. Learn from it and come back next week. You're good!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Just say No

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Shoppingdingo wrote:"

its a cute design, but.. ok.. isnt this shirt the exact opposite of what the quoted theme is?

Hmmm... it's still about meat, but you do have a point, it's a tangent. Glad you think it's cute anyway!

fairnymph wrote:Can you make me just a pig version since I don't eat pigs for ethical reasons, and for others Jews out there who might like the kosher idea?

Just a thought.

Hehe well if you have a t-shirt site, I'd make it for ya! At this point don't think that would have much chance of printing here though

JRWorkshop wrote:Sorry, y'all look better on my plate

Even with the fur and eyes and tails?

dmaz wrote:As cute as this is I don't think it will print. Too many people like meat and its more a "message sender" t-shirt than a humor one.

Yep, you're most likely right there.

fishbiscuit5 wrote:Aw, just look at those sad little faces. How can anybody want to eat them now?

I know... how? How???

walmazan wrote:Excellent expressions JASNEKO! Love it!

Thank you walmazan!

akd85 wrote:I hear tears add flavor.....

Ewwwww! Cruel akd85;)

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Crazy Al's Meat Emporium

love it!!!!! +1

pokii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pokii
paigeg wrote:Great take on the theme, and I think you rendered it well, and chose great, subdued colors. My only quibble is that the golden arches on the suspender buttons might get you rejectionated. I don't know how closely Woot is going to call copyright issues - no one is ever sure how Woot decides things! But if you do get the boot don't feel bad. Learn from it and come back next week. You're good!

Thanks! Good point about the arches. Think I should modify it a tad and re-submit? It doesn't seem like it would be a dreadfully big deal to make a little edit like that.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Pudding means Meat
Siax wrote:me too and I was almost compelled to do it, but I couldn't quite executed it.......This earns a +1

hehe so I wasn't the only one! Thanks Siax=)

sTyLeS wrote:I actually really enjoy this one, being a huge Pink Floyd fan myself.

Oh good! Glad some are enjoying my little Pink Floyd indulgence:D Thanks sTyLeS!

flamespear

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear
NotCesar wrote:Its bacon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFPgxTG9r7Y

about 25 seconds in XD

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
kevlar51 wrote:Thanks for the kind words and critiques all!

I'm glad this has been well received. It's much closer to my actual style than the more cartoony designs I've been submitting--so this certainly helps build my confidence going into future derbies.

I guess my enthusiasm was premature. Any momentum this one had seems to have completely disappeared.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
bassanimation wrote:LOLOL, everytime I see this piggy, I think, "Awww, he looks like me when I sit at my desk and mope cause I'm not on a beach being served fruity drinks by bunnies in banana hammocks."

I have wild fantasies, I know. :\

I'm sorry Bass but I had to

shellsandoval

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellsandoval
Re: Hot Dog's Identity Crisis

"this thing we found." I love that line

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
tjost wrote:I'm sorry Bass but I had to

YES!! YEEESSS! My vision has at last been realized. -lays out in middle of office floor in bikini....people stare...-

Also can I get this on a shirt? Redbubble plz yes?

AutoTechInSTL

quality posts: 6 Private Messages AutoTechInSTL
brihunts wrote:http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/unicorn-meat.shtml

http://www.wimp.com/unicornsighting

Steve was DELICIOUS!

cobaltgrl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cobaltgrl
Re: Baconlove

I like it, it says everything it needs to and no more.

shunkisoragi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shunkisoragi
Re: WHAT WOULD JESUS EAT?

I would have voted for it.

jjjcheetah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjjcheetah

I love the fonts you've used on both designs.

tjost

Re: Mystery Meat

Making fonts and hand lettering is one of the biggest pain in the butts ever. People don't realize how much work goes into it, there's a reason font houses charge thousands of dollars for unique fonts for companies. Whenever a client wants something on the cheap but wants a custom font I'm like yeah shuuuure Great job on this Diana, very art deco.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Meat Shake

Is this an Ugly Duckling, "Taste the Secret" reference?

tjost

Re: Steaked

I keep seeing the dude from the milk commercials thats a rock star and plays the guitar full of milk in this

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
tjost wrote:I'm sorry Bass but I had to

Well, he is wearing a banana hammock. But there's not much banana action going on. And for that I thank you.

shellsandoval

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellsandoval
Re: The Toughest Cuts of Meat

It seems like anything with Chuck Norris on it gets a lot of votes on here. Cool shirt though.

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
kinzoku wrote:"Oh god I find this unsettling. It's being burned alive but it is indifferent."

That about sums it up. Great design :-D

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Steaked

The death pose reminds me of when Homer stakes vampire Mr. Burns, who comes back to life just long enough to tell Homer he's fired.

healsr4f

quality posts: 0 Private Messages healsr4f
timjoestan wrote:Every Christian I've showed this to has laughed and found the humor in it. No one has been offended yet, and trust me, they'd tell me if they were. Honestly I held back a little on the design compared to what I could have done

There are lots of shirts in the derby every week that could be taken as offensive by someone. Should Christians receive special treatment? What if there's someone out there whose family was ravaged by polar bears?

Maybe you should troll the comments of every shirt that seems mildly offensive. There's an idea.

Now I've offended you. Even?

sunnydiscontent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunnydiscontent
shellsandoval wrote:It seems like anything with Chuck Norris on it gets a lot of votes on here. Cool shirt though.

Well, I don't want a roundhouse kick to the face... that's all I'm sayin.. haha

SunnyDiscontent

healsr4f

quality posts: 0 Private Messages healsr4f
markhollenbeck wrote:It's impossible not to see religious overtones in this. What's amazing is that even though you mock the one who created you and gave his own life for you, He still loves you. Ironically, unless you believe, it is you who will be "braised" forever. There is still time...

amen! make a decision.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: This is not bacon (resub)

The treachery of Canadian meat...

piggofdoom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages piggofdoom
Re: Baconoctopus

This is completely awesome.

tjost

SkekTek wrote:The treachery of Canadian meat...

Hahaha THATS what I should have named it

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Crazy Al's Meat Emporium

odysseyroc wrote:Great job Midge. I did a quick alternate layout that you might want to consider.

Thanks for the advice. I played with that same layout but it covered up the letters too much and then if moved up it felt detached.
But appreciate the feedback.

walmazan wrote:love it!!!!! +1

thank you walmazan!

tjost

Does his brother run the Sofa King outlet in mid town?

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
jjjcheetah wrote:I love the fonts you've used on both designs.

Thanks, its my hand draw font

pyro008

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyro008

The sections "totally" and "not meat. Just kidding" are the same section. Its kinda messing with me O_O

tjost

Re: Meat Shake

I just threw up a little in my mouth, plus I don't even want to know what that "whipped cream" is :S Good job?

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Meat's Not Murder...

kevlar51 wrote:I like this design, and it's certainly your style. GMV

Thanks kevlar!

megsck wrote:uh...thats uh...thats a pretty big cleaver you got there.

The better to chop schtuff with!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Unicorn Steakhouse

Ok, Tjost...you asked for it...

manikx66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manikx66

everyone has a right to their own opinion.