paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
ChefRAZ wrote:ok I remember the first time I saw a video of meatloaf on friday night on midnight special when I was a kid.I was hooked. the shirt, the scarf, the girl, the band. when I saw "Meat" as the theme I had ta do it! ! had to. might not be done well. mine never are. by take it for what it is.

I SO wanted to do a Meatloaf sub, but coulnd't make it work, with my limited arsenal. Kudos for giving it a shot. *I* like it.

paigeg

Re: Meatchete

Wow. What? I totally did NOT see that coming.

paigeg

paigeg wrote:Wow. What? I totally did NOT see that coming.

OK, I'm quite irritated right now and probably should summoning the forsaken shoggoth. But REALLY? Woot, what the hell, dudes? How is this not on topic? Is it any less on theme than this? **
My inept little sub with its measly handful of votes had no chance and I know it. I'm still learning here. But getting a rejection for being off-topic angers and confuses me.
Maybe I'm missing something. Someone please 'splain, while I go cool off a bit.
**Sorry, midge, to throw you under the bus, but I'm making a point and your sub was the closest to mine in content, with visible 'meat' in the comp. And it IS on theme.

/edit: Lol! I feel a teensy bit better after a Lol at that AWESOME filter for s.t.f.u.
But not much.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
jxchen wrote:I have to agree here. I like this image quite a lot, but the flame-like pattern on the head is strange.

That's the strangest thing about this design? ;)

BootsBoots

cobaltspectre wrote:If I believed that it looked a bit more like a human heart being consumed by maggots, I'd snap up two in a second- I wouldn't ever want to wear one out in the laundry. It would summarize my attitude toward "love" in one simple image. Alas, it looks more like an apple being consumed by worms.

I see an apple with a worm king sitting on top! Regardless of what it actually is, I really love the design.

BootsBoots

Re: Chixen Crossing

What? Weird! I think I like it.

BootsBoots

Re: What about my children?

The wallet photos are a nice touch. Cute idea.

phd2001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phd2001
Re: By Your Powers Combined!

such a hard decision because i love the shirt, but hate the text

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero
paigeg wrote:As usual, not enough love for really good art and a unique concept. >sigh<

Thanks a lot Paige ;-), and really i've got quite the same problem on others sites too...And i did have it also when i was doing painting too...I'm not really doing mainstram stuff and it's a choice, so i won't/can't complain...i guess i should swap my name from kharmazero to badkharma hahahaha

leprechaungirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leprechaungirl
Re: WHAT WOULD JESUS EAT?

FISH! Jesus would eat the fish! Duh. Does no one remember that he turned a few fish into thousands? If he wasn't a fish person I don't think he would have been up to it. :D

Cantatus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Cantatus
paigeg wrote:TOTALLY confused. Which is the submission?

Doesn't matter. One is the property of Dan Reynolds. The other is the property of Team Meat, among all of the other rules that will get this rejected.

leprechaungirl

Re: Mutton Lettuce and Tomato (resub)

I love this shirt! That movie is soooo good! You can't be culturally literate without having seen this movie! You just can't. It's like Monty Python and the Holy Grail! What I really love about this shirt is that you can walk around wearing it and know exactly who gets it and who doesn't. Anyone who gets it would be laughing so hard!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
flamespear wrote:stop being an asshat they never tried to push their beliefs they just said they couldn't' wear the shirt because of them ....furthermore she was complementing the shirt

Overreact much? Pretty sure he was kidding. Lighten up.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
tjost wrote:The pigs little goatee cracks me up. Keep pluggin along and you'll get there. Good work +1

Thanks for the vote of confidence, tjost.

sTyLeS

tjost wrote:For a first entry not bad. Make sure when your doing your shirt comp though you don't distort the image like what happened on this, looks a little squished. Also think about beefing (haha) up your text a little, whether that means increasing the size or using a cunkier font. Lastly, while I don't mind white shirts, especially if the design calls for it, avoid them for a design like this. People have a hate for the white shirt for some reason and this print could have easily gone on any number of colors. Keep it up though

The reason I don't like white shirts is the "pit stain factor". Sweat stains, or any stains for that matter, just stand out on white that much more.

dclaytonw00t23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dclaytonw00t23
Re: The Toughest Cuts of Meat

I NEED this shirt!

+1

mpsorens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpsorens
paigeg wrote:Yep, it's not always easy, but you can do it. The shirt colors are easy - just turn off that layer. I struggle more with the SPOOKTACULAR! guides, though.
Who'll tell us the easy way to get rid of them?

Thanks, I'll make sure they are gone next time.

kurtschwochow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kurtschwochow
Re: Whatever. They're delicious. (Resub)

shouldn't the columns be flip flopped so the question mark is on the right?

healsr4f

quality posts: 0 Private Messages healsr4f
Re: Powered by Protein

Haha, love it.

healsr4f

kurtschwochow wrote:shouldn't the columns be flip flopped so the question mark is on the right?

probably, i just flipped them from the other way too. oh well, theyre always next week.

sTyLeS

jasneko wrote:Thanks flamespear. Honestly, I wasn't really expecting so many votes with this, just wanted to do it But anyway, the other colors I was considering was cranberry (which might be a similar situation), and black... something like this:

The black definitely looks way cooler IMO.

sTyLeS

paigeg wrote:Yep, it's not always easy, but you can do it. The shirt colors are easy - just turn off that layer. I struggle more with the SPOOKTACULAR! guides, though.
Who'll tell us the easy way to get rid of them?

Although not an official woot template, these ones are popular on here and look pretty good. So if you check out this thread, you can download the entire shirt template pack http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2320388
If you download the full psd file linked to at the top of the post, then it also contains separate layers for shadows and hilites to add that extra level of realism.

allyjune

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allyjune
Re: Tuna of the Land

I love it! It IS clever...it's a play on Starkist Tuna's slogan that their tuna is the "Chicken of the Sea," in case some of you missed it. Love the bright colors too!

ajd

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

tjost wrote:I forgive you I can't however forgive Bass for never even watching the entire thing ;)

Well it's GMV. Well done.

paigeg

sTyLeS wrote:The reason I don't like white shirts is the "pit stain factor". Sweat stains, or any stains for that matter, just stand out on white that much more.

And most of us females aren't crazy about them because AA's white is fairly transparent.

healsr4f

paigeg wrote:Keep at it - the only problems with this are technical. Your art looks great. And yeah, I snap into a Slim Jim on occasion. Got a tube in my office cubby right now. "Open in case of meat craving."

Thanks. Good ol' meat tubes.

paigeg

sTyLeS wrote:Although not an official woot template, these ones are popular on here and look pretty good. So if you check out this thread, you can download the entire shirt template pack http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2320388
If you download the full psd file linked to at the top of the post, then it also contains separate layers for shadows and hilites to add that extra level of realism.

Does that link still work for you? It's not working for me, though it might be my office filters...
(shhhh, don't tell on me!)

paigeg

Re: TEXAS CHAINSAW BBQ

*bangs head against wall in frustration*
Dagnabbit, ANOTHER kick-ass design I can't have. This had BETTER get an EC, Woot. I'm already not speaking to you. >:|
Well, maybe next time, odroc. This one hurts a lot, though.
*bows to tjost*
I swear to wear The Binge this dressdown Friday to re-affirm my fealty.

leprechaungirl

Spiritgreen wrote:Well I normally only eat manly carnirvores, gator, shark, bear (very chewy)... but I can make an exception so long as I get this cool shirt.

Does it come with the leprechaun loaf or do I order sides separately?

*GASP* LEPRECHAUN LOAF?!?!?!?! Not cool. We're practically human!

paigeg

tjost wrote: I think the grossest part was when they shave off the nipples of the belly before the start slicing it into strips :P

Wow, and they don't even save them as some kindof Andrew Zimmern delicacy?
Definitely gross.

mpsorens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpsorens
paigeg wrote:Does that link still work for you? It's not working for me, though it might be my office filters...
(shhhh, don't tell on me!)

It worked, Thanks. Your secret is safe with me.

Japkin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Japkin
Re: Nerds Guide to Unicorn Meat V2

Even though it's similar to the Exhaustive Guide, I like this design better. It's funnier.

+1

15 Woots, 7 Shirt.Woots, 2 Kid.Woots, 1 Deal.Woots and counting...

rivetheart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rivetheart
Re: TEXAS CHAINSAW BBQ

i cant believe this slipped out of the fog! BOO!

kbloomq1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kbloomq1
Re: Nerds Guide to Unicorn Meat V2

Poor unicorn's got some jankety legs. No wonder he couldn't get away fast enough to avoid being meat.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
paigeg wrote:I agree, the engraver font is out of place. Conversely, though, I think the woodcut effect is a bit overdone, too. Spacing it out just a bit would help.

It was my first attempt ever to do a woodcut type effect, so it was a learning experience. I know there are plugins to do this sort of thing, but I simply used some of the tools within Illustrator.

Good tips. Thanks!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: My favorite toy

Aaw, cute! Who doesn't remember they're first teddy meat?

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Pure Meat

I'd wear it. I think it's just an apple made up of worms instead of just having one worm crawling through the apple. I'm not sure what the king worm is all about but it works for me.

thezukes

quality posts: 8 Private Messages thezukes
Cantatus wrote:Doesn't matter. One is the property of Dan Reynolds. The other is the property of Team Meat, among all of the other rules that will get this rejected.

THAT'S IT. I'm gonna just go out and pay the 800 microsoft points to get this game. I've been waffling on whether or not to buy it, and this is the sign I've been waiting for.

I gotta wonder, if people blatantly do this kind of submission, can't the moderators block the perps? This is a little absurd.

There is no "I" in "Ayatolla."

thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: The Catch

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Wrap you up in a melody so you'll be stuck in my head all day, 'cause you're already there anyway.

thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Mutton Lettuce and Tomato (resub)

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Wrap you up in a melody so you'll be stuck in my head all day, 'cause you're already there anyway.