frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik

those are some funky colored gingerbread men.

No. Yes.

bowietke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bowietke

Why does it look like they are doing bodyshots off their dead buddy?

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
bowietke wrote:Why does it look like they are doing bodyshots off their dead buddy?

You've never been to an Irish wake?

byeary

quality posts: 1 Private Messages byeary

Isn't it late for Halloween? Here comes the Gingerbread man nightmares... didn't know they could be so creepy!!!

kc6201

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kc6201
anonymousblack wrote:All the gingerbread men on the left look like they are Eskimos

Yeah, I don't think the texture on their collars is quite right. The men in the original painting don't appear to be wearing wool collars.

As others have said, I really don't get how this quite equates with the original. The cadaver in the painting was being dissected...just what exactly is being done to this gingerbread man? Somehow pouring a white substance (is it icing or milk?) on top of his body doesn't seem to be that much of an anatomy lesson. And why are they all so dang happy? Should have gone with the original expressions. (Maybe those are kind of hard to do with gingerbread men though, I dunno.)

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

So are those coats fur-lined or frosting-lined? Looks like it could be either one.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
kc6201 wrote:
As others have said, I really don't get how this quite equates with the original. The cadaver in the painting was being dissected...just what exactly is being done to this gingerbread man? Somehow pouring a white substance (is it icing or milk?) on top of his body doesn't seem to be that much of an anatomy lesson. And why are they all so dang happy? Should have gone with the original expressions. (Maybe those are kind of hard to do with gingerbread men though, I dunno.)

I've been wondering the same thing since I saw the artwork last night, and I just finally thought - would you dissect a gingerbread man? Or dissolve him? In that case, the milk would be in place of a knife and is how we're getting into the cadaver. Softening him up so he doesn't just go all to crumbs, you know. It makes a certain amount of sense, I think - but if that's the intent it would be a lot less ambiguous if the milk were being poured on his chest or arm instead of his crotch. I can see how that would be tricky to do compositionally, though.

As to the expressions, yeah, I thought so too - but it might be harder to grasp that they're gingerbread men without the typical faces. Still, they're awfully creepy!

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart

Maybe after this, they'll all go home to their windmill cookie homes.

Oh the Dutch....

IvusFest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IvusFest

Maybe the gingerbread man is just passed out and his friends are just playing a perverted joke on him.

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg

As a pathologist, I can't believe I almost missed this one. In before the buzzer.

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

kschlege

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kschlege

I understand the art parody, but I don't get it ...

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
enzo01 wrote:I think since the original artwork is unknown to a vast majority of people, the parody should have more closely matched it. Mainly the expressions, and perhaps have the teacher holding a gum drop in some forceps or something.

If you don't know the original artwork this probably looks something like a group of necrophiliac gingerbread men with a milk fetish.

Is the piece THAT unknown? I certainly wouldn't necessarily remember the title, but the image is incredibly familiar.

Then again, I recently took a class where no one knew that tragedy tends to end with death. Maybe I'm just outdated.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
kschlege wrote:I understand the art parody, but I don't get it ...

This post might be the single biggest conundrum I've ever encountered on these boards.

jmmbell1987

AdderXYU wrote:
Then again, I recently took a class where no one knew that tragedy tends to end with death.

Every day I'm more and more grateful my parents had me read the uncensored Grimm's Fairy Tales as a kid.

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg

This shirt sells a mere 381, yet today's hot dog sells out 3000 by 10:00 AM.

We are a bunch of uncultured swine, aren't we?

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

DarkDrag0n

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DarkDrag0n
mikegberg wrote:This shirt sells a mere 381, yet today's hot dog sells out 3000 by 10:00 AM.

We are a bunch of uncultured swine, aren't we?

The hog dog one is a somewhat clever and familiar reference. This one makes no sense whatsoever. Whatever the gingerbread men are doing, it's not studying anatomy...

jmmbell1987

DarkDrag0n wrote:The hog dog one is a somewhat clever and familiar reference. This one makes no sense whatsoever. Whatever the gingerbread men are doing, it's not studying anatomy...

Milk makes cookies soggy. I imagine that might interest gingerbread man scientists, who might want to test a corpse since pouring milk on a live gingerbread man might produce a mortal wound.

Seriously, it's not hard to figure out, and it's far, far, far from "making no sense whatsoever".

buttious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buttious

I want one! Do they ever reprint the shirts??

hmerwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmerwin
buttious wrote:I want one! Do they ever reprint the shirts??

We no longer sell the shirt after it has been Reckoned. We are sorry.

mistermeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistermeh
hmerwin wrote:We no longer sell the shirt after it has been Reckoned. We are sorry.

I literally am obligated by name to get this shirt at any cost. I may share the famous Doctor's name. I am so upset I missed this last November.

What does it take to get this shirt?

Where do I have to fly and who do I have to go down on?