jjhatch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjhatch

Okay, Woot, whoever decided to write the description as an altered version of Mambo No. 5 should get a huge raise. Seriously.

That song was one of my favorites when I was younger, and I could never in a million years think that someone would be able to alter the song to talk about food.

If only I had remembered to check the site this morning, I would have bought this shirt for a cheaper price.

RuzzT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RuzzT

Goddammit, $15 is NOT the magic price!!! And sold out by 9AM is pure evil. I am going away to fume some more.

goldenthorn wrote:This shirt will be for sale again starting tomorrow--here--at $15. ALL shirts continue to be sold after the first day of sale. Every single shirt provides a link to its next-day-sale page in the first comment of its shirt-specific forum thread. A shirt will remain for sale (at $15) until reckoned.

To find out what shirts are available for sale on any given day--other than the obvious "shirt of the day" on the front shirt.woot page--please click on the "reckoning" link found in the top right corner of any shirt.woot page. All the shirt thumbnails in the reckoning are shirts that are still for sale. Click on the thumbnail or title and you will be taken to the shirt's order page.

owenregularguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages owenregularguy
Assassin15 wrote:1 expressionless pig + 1 expressionless chicken + 1 expressionless cow = 1 smiling shining floating hot dog!

And those are the ingredients for a great shirt!

beccaness

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beccaness

Ok, so I see this /lovely/ shirt and then "SOLD OUT!" right next to it... and then below it I see "HOLY COW!" from the advertisement. Was this on purpose, woot?

And hot dogs can be wholly cow... hehehehe

AiTN - Nashville for BFA in Graphic Design

RuzzT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RuzzT
kinzoku wrote:Come on, Woot. When are you going to change the "sold out!" sign into something less misleading? Most people just glancing at the site (far more than the ones actually bothering to comment with their confusing) have no idea that there's a "reckoning" system... or that "sold out!" doesn't really mean "sold out!". You and your artists are missing out on a lot of profit.

Maybe at least add a subtitle under it that says you can buy them again starting tomorrow on the reckoning page?

Exactly, or give us West Coasters a little more time before you post the "Sold Out (but not really, heeheehee) sign"

imlorijay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imlorijay

does anyone else realize that the write-up is a cover of Mambo Number 5??
Because... I don't think you do.
And if you do... then why is the entire message board not aflame with people's minds being blown.
Genius.
Pure genius.

... ok, so I was in a 90s cover band for a little while...
I might be biased...

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost
jjhatch wrote:Okay, Woot, whoever decided to write the description as an altered version of Mambo No. 5 should get a huge raise. Seriously.

That song was one of my favorites when I was younger, and I could never in a million years think that someone would be able to alter the song to talk about food.

(snip)

No disrespect to Woot, but I think Weird Al could do it.

spiderweb1986

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiderweb1986

This'll teach me to sleep on buying a shirt again. Didn't think it'd sell out that quickly. :-/

NightGhost wrote:No disrespect to Woot, but I think Weird Al could do it.

Weird Al can make ANY song about food. Fact.

owenregularguy

Have you put that song on itunes? Cuz id be the happiest guy on the freakin' planet

kc6201

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kc6201
imlorijay wrote:does anyone else realize that the write-up is a cover of Mambo Number 5??
Because... I don't think you do.
And if you do... then why is the entire message board not aflame with people's minds being blown.
Genius.
Pure genius.

... ok, so I was in a 90s cover band for a little while...
I might be biased...

I actually enjoy jermeytheindian's on-topic song parody more:

jeremytheindian wrote:Captain Hot Dog, He's our Hero
Gonna take your craving down to zero

He's our flavors magnified
And he's fighting on your stomachs side

Captain Hot Dog, He's our Hero
Gonna take your craving down to zero

Gonna help him put asunder
Bad guys who like to make you hunger

We're ingredients, you can be one too
Cause being mechanically separated is the thing to do

Eating fruits and veggies is not the way
Hear what Captain Hot Dog has to say!

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
spiderweb1986 wrote:Weird Al can make ANY song about food. Fact.

Exhibit A: Addicted to Spuds

Pbear1212

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pbear1212

This is my first shirt.woot purchase. I have a bad feeling there will be many more.

mddr1day

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mddr1day
Pbear1212 wrote:This is my first shirt.woot purchase. I have a bad feeling there will be many more.

Started here: http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=1453048

Sore Thumbs lured me into shirt.woot.com and over 20 shirts later including the Launch Woot shirt (same day as Sore Thumbs) and the Bandolier of Carrots shirt for S's and G's, I am looking forward to my next purchase as I am sure you will be!

Pbear1212

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pbear1212
mddr1day wrote:Started here: http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=1453048

Sore Thumbs lured me into shirt.woot.com and over 20 shirts later including the Launch Woot shirt (same day as Sore Thumbs) and the Bandolier of Carrots shirt for S's and G's, I am looking forward to my next purchase as I am sure you will be!

Yeah already bought another one. Going to wait till I get these to check out the sizes, but think I might order another couple if they don't get reckoned before I pull the trigger.

owenregularguy

I finally got mine and it's awesome

owenregularguy

Pbear1212 wrote:This is my first shirt.woot purchase. I have a bad feeling there will be many more.

Yeah mine too. thing is i dont have a credit card so my mom had to buy mine for me...but at least i got the shirt

brendanwang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brendanwang

Has anybody who has bought another shirt prior to this one found their shirt to be slightly larger than usual? My large is a good 1-2 inches longer than my other larges. I know it'll probably shrink some in the wash, but I don't think by that much? Just curious.

Edit: Woops, I guess it's a false alarm :X Just compared it with another non-washed large and I guess they do shrink that much!

yurikaseko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yurikaseko

am I the only girl that upon putting this shirt on...I notice that there's a weener between my boobs?

nerys

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nerys

Come on woot. Snubbing us big guys? 3x SLIM FIT is it ???

3x casual MIGHT fit me. where is the 4x dammit ????

awesomejack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awesomejack

This shirt, of course, does not apply to Hebrew National hot dogs.

chinaman5m

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chinaman5m

Alright just got me this shirt ^_^ been wanting this for a while good times indeed

Life is good, go live it

segphoenix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages segphoenix

How can I still order one?

smallville824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallville824

Staff

segphoenix wrote:How can I still order one?

Try teetrade.org, wootswap.com, or the random shirt trade center in the Shirt.Woot forum. You might get lucky and find it there.