1%
1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

It probably goes without saying, but people, don't feed your lions bubblegum. It never turns out as well as this shirt would have you believe.

amberleighd

quality posts: 5 Private Messages amberleighd

Those lions sure know how to party. Wonder why I wasn't invited.

chrisprender

"And when you're done with that piñata, why don't you go back to sleep for 23 hours a day!"

(lion insults)

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

I think I love this.

sharonjready

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sharonjready

I never ended up getting any good candy....by the time I got to what was left of the pinata guts, all there was were those old pieces of rock hard bubble yum and left over Halloween spider rings...

bluejester

quality posts: 563 Private Messages bluejester

How does this factor into that whole "Circle of Life" thing I've heard all those songs about.

chrisprender

Things you don't hear every day: "Oh no! Our savannah fiesta is ruined!"

captainsonik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages captainsonik

How did the piñata, a creature of Mexico, come to end up the lion's domain of Africa? Very suspicious...

Also I call foul on Lemon color.

deathteddy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages deathteddy

Viva Piñata\Kinecticals cross-over?

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

I'd be lion if I said I didn't want some purple candy.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
captainsonik wrote:How did the piñata, a creature of Mexico, come to end up the lion's domain of Africa? Very suspicious...

Illegal alien?

captainsonik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages captainsonik
zekecatz wrote:Illegal alien?

Candy smugglers. What is the world coming to...

CapSea

CapSea wrote:I think I love this.

Yes, I definitely love this.

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 65 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

I asked them if they did it and they said no, but you know how they are. I think they're lion.

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

CapSea

As a card carrying member of PETP (people for the ethical treatment of pinatas), I find this shirt offensive. Please remember that pinatas are not ours for use in entertainment, experiments, or to eat. How would you like it if you were a candy stuffed donkey and people joked about feeding you to lions? I doubt you'd think it was funny. Cardboard donkeys, like all children's games, have a Snickers and probably some crappy jolly ranchers. They feel fear, pain, sadness and other emotions, just like you and me. Please don't buy this shirt, it's just downright offensive to the cute lil cardboard donkeys minding their own business, chilling on the string...

pandaeskimo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pandaeskimo

I love the color choice. Yellow is such a lonely color, as is purple. They work great as compliment colors. Love the balance here with the bubble gum and cub and the pinata.

rrsblack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rrsblack

Today is my 25th birthday and I've always bought the shirt of the day of my bday.. But today I don't think I am.. Lol I can't imagine a time I would ever wear this shirt!

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

Pinata contents:

Antelollipopes

Bubble Gnum

Chocolate Zebars

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001
rrsblack wrote:Today is my 25th birthday and I've always bought the shirt of the day of my bday.. But today I don't think I am.. Lol I can't imagine a time I would ever wear this shirt!

Happy B'day! Looks like the lions got to your party first. Who invited them?

mesmerelda

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mesmerelda

Happy Birthday, rrsblack!

beccaness

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beccaness

Oh, so THIS is what Mufasa threatened to do to those hyenas.

'If you ever come near my son again...'

AiTN - Nashville for BFA in Graphic Design

aaronhaven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aaronhaven

I wouldn't wear this shirt (mainly cuz of the color) but goddamn it's hilarious! I may just have to buy one for my nephew since it's pretty much kid themed.

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 65 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

Leo, what is this? “Death Therapy, Bob! It’s a guaranteed cure!”
-Dr. Leo Marvin

Sparrowhawk69 is in therapy for seeing bunnies everywhere & is currently a member of R.A.B.B.I.T. : "RamyB All Bunnies Because I'm Trippin" anonymous.

savethetermites

quality posts: 1 Private Messages savethetermites
captainsonik wrote:Candy smugglers. What is the world coming to...

It's really a gruesome trade. The candy mules are forced to hide the product inside their bodies. Once they make it across the border, they must cough up the candy or else their handlers will beat it out of them.

I hope you addicts remember this the next time you go out to score some Pop Rocks.

TapatioUSA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TapatioUSA

Oh well, this shirt brings a lot of memories of when I was a kind and piñatas were made of clay pots, they where so hard that it was an art to break them (we filled some with water and other with flour).
we busted the piñatas and fought for the candy in the floor while all the broken pieces of the piñata were cutting our arms and legs as we protected all the candies that we collected with our bodies.

Ok, now you can call me old school, ( I'm just 36 years old) but today's piñatas are no even close to the real deal.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

I've retained an irrational fear of pinatas since I was a small child. Honestly, I think I would almost rather be blindfolded and set upon by a pack of hungry lions than a horde of thirty bat-wielding six-year-olds on a sugar rush.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

Where was the piñata hanging from? What did they hit it down with? I don't see a bat or anything lying around. How does a lion cub hold a lollipop? And where the heck did that lion learn how to blow purple bubbles?! This shirt is just too unrealistic.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek

What sort of lions would chew bubblegum and eat candy? Have they no pride?

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

beccaness

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beccaness

What if the pinata was a lion?

AiTN - Nashville for BFA in Graphic Design

SaintWacko

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SaintWacko

Hey, this just reminded me I have a bag of candy sitting on the coffee table. Sweet!

(pun not intended)

Knowledge is power,
Power corrupts,
Study hard, be evil.

Woots:
2X Sandisk Sansa Clip 2gb, April Fool's Boggy Old Creature, Anniversary edition Boggy Old Creature

usair4ce0ne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usair4ce0ne
pandaeskimo wrote:I love the color choice. Yellow is such a lonely color, as is purple. They work great as compliment colors. Love the balance here with the bubble gum and cub and the pinata.

On the contrary, I despise the color choice for this composition. Personally, I would have gone with something a little more.. realistic, in a sense. Green grass, red from internal organs and blood symbolized as candy, with still light enough colors to make it a festive piece. Observe a quick photoshop:

zwartepaard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zwartepaard

two sweet dailies in a row? it's not even Christmas yet!

thebloodiedgentleman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebloodiedgentleman

I still really love the original purple/yellow contrast...gives it an absurd party vibe like Mardi Gras or Dia de los Muertos. Green & red would give a nice artistic unity, play off natural kill/environment feel. But it's not as whimsical or silly.

This piece is so rocking. So many silly details rawr. <3

Smoke. Bomb. Smokebomb.
Doodly doot de doot.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Mmmm, taffy.

I wouldn't want to be those guys' dentist though.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
zwartepaard wrote:two sweet dailies in a row? it's not even Christmas yet!

I second this emoticon

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
usair4ce0ne wrote:On the contrary, I despise the color choice for this composition. Personally, I would have gone with something a little more.. realistic, in a sense. Green grass, red from internal organs and blood symbolized as candy, with still light enough colors to make it a festive piece. Observe a quick photoshop:

the photoshop job is cool, thanks for the perspective. I do like the colors you picked out, and for the reasons you picked out. However, I really enjoy the colors that the artist/woot chose. I think yellow and purple look so great together, and the yellow IS realistic. As evidence:

Lions in the Savannah.

lots of yellow here.

anyway, congrats on the print, great shirt!

jalexan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jalexan

I had to buy this, as it combines my love of lions, the color yellow, and piñatas!

Well played, madam

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

Aaah I knew I should have stayed up late!

I'm very happy my shirt got to print here, thank you Woot! This is my second print and I can't wait to wear it. And that write-up really captures the spirit of pinata carnage I hoped to convey.

And thank you for the comments so far! Originally I had a tree branch above them, but the composition looked far better without it.

zenith931

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenith931
kinzoku wrote:Aaah I knew I should have stayed up late!

I'm very happy my shirt got to print here, thank you Woot! This is my second print and I can't wait to wear it. And that write-up really captures the spirit of pinata carnage I hoped to convey.

And thank you for the comments so far! Originally I had a tree branch above them, but the composition looked far better without it.

This is the first daily in a while that I like. In for one!

I love the little cub, too!

But, to be anal, it's rare to see a pride of lions with TWO adult males... ;)