beerisgood4u00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beerisgood4u00

Wait, when did Amazon take over? Did I miss something here?

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
usair4ce0ne wrote:On the contrary, I despise the color choice for this composition. Personally, I would have gone with something a little more.. realistic, in a sense. Green grass, red from internal organs and blood symbolized as candy, with still light enough colors to make it a festive piece. Observe a quick photoshop:

At the risk of arguing for 'realism' in a Woot shirt (unworkable concept, that), lions hunt the savannahs where their tawny color blends in. They'd stick out like a sore thumb amid all the green grass you're suggesting.
Besides, yellow is an awesome color, especially on dark-complected folks like my Italian hubby.

paigeg

beerisgood4u00 wrote:Wait, when did Amazon take over? Did I miss something here?

Earlier this year. Amazon is now Woot's parent company.

paigeg

Don’t wear this shirt: because it depicts animal cruelty. Honestly, how can we condone a representation of animals eating sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and red dye #5?

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

oh noes! Most candies aren't wrapped very well, so now all that piñata candy is going to get dusty. D; What a waste!

I do love the purple and lemon combination. If they weren't my high school's rival's colors and the colors of a certain SEC team, I'd absolutely love it :P Y'all are just going to have to settle for me just regular loving it.

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I misread the title as 'funniest' and thought they were eating a clown...

Nice shirt. Sit! Stay! Good shirt.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

GoToonces

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GoToonces

This reminds me that adults don't spend enough time playing with pinatas. Hitting paper mache with a stick (or, y'know, claws) seems like a great way to revive one's inner child!

kaveman212c

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaveman212c

I'm *pretty* sure the superlative of "fun" is "most fun". Renaming recommendation: "Survival of the Most Fun".

kaveman212c

Oddly enough, they are also complimentary colors. Double check your color wheel, yo.

pandaeskimo wrote:I love the color choice. Yellow is such a lonely color, as is purple. They work great as compliment colors. Love the balance here with the bubble gum and cub and the pinata.

csmanohar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csmanohar

At first glance, I thought it must be a kid who went out trick or treating. Thank God it is actually a pinyata.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
CapSea wrote:As a card carrying member of PETP (people for the ethical treatment of pinatas)...etc.

I see what you did there

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

pismodude2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pismodude2
Assassin15 wrote:Where was the piñata hanging from? What did they hit it down with? I don't see a bat or anything lying around. How does a lion cub hold a lollipop? And where the heck did that lion learn how to blow purple bubbles?! This shirt is just too unrealistic.

I vehemently agree! As a matter of fact, I only buy realistic Woot shirts, like the giant Otter destroying the ship, the four ponies coming to signal the apocalyptic end of mankind, and the gigantic FireFox decimating the Earth.

Lions and piñatas? MADNESS

asundberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asundberg

Keep in mind that "lemon" means bright yellow.

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid

The colour scheme here pains my pre-caffeinated morning eyes aaaaaaaahhh!!!.....

Other than that I'd take a shirt of just the cub. lol =)

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx
usair4ce0ne wrote:On the contrary, I despise the color choice for this composition. Personally, I would have gone with something a little more.. realistic, in a sense. Green grass, red from internal organs and blood symbolized as candy, with still light enough colors to make it a festive piece. Observe a quick photoshop:

Your comment makes sense but I'm not really a fan of the green. On the other hand, this one is so bizarre that I think the color choices actually work.

I am happy to see another vore shirt coming out so quickly - I have too many shirts in my closet but I couldn't resist the premise of this one.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
kaveman212c wrote:I'm *pretty* sure the superlative of "fun" is "most fun". Renaming recommendation: "Survival of the Most Fun".

Haha, the title was all Woot's choosing. My recommendation was "Lion Party".

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx
kaveman212c wrote:I'm *pretty* sure the superlative of "fun" is "most fun". Renaming recommendation: "Survival of the Most Fun".

Survival of the Sweetest? Oh wait no, Hunting of the Sweetest maybe.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing

This is funny! And the lions are nicely drawn too.

I wonder if they had to catch that thing blindfolded and with a stick.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
zenith931 wrote:But, to be anal, it's rare to see a pride of lions with TWO adult males... ;)

Well, when you put candy in the mix, males don't care about who else is there. They put aside their pride, if you know what I mean.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
pismodude2 wrote:I vehemently agree! As a matter of fact, I only buy realistic Woot shirts, like the giant Otter destroying the ship, the four ponies coming to signal the apocalyptic end of mankind, and the gigantic FireFox decimating the Earth.

Lions and piñatas? MADNESS

Dude it's so true. I'm pretty sure this is the first implausible shirt I've seen here.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
kinzoku wrote:Haha, the title was all Woot's choosing. My recommendation was "Lion Party".

I like the title. And the design. The bubble-blowing is awesome.

giantdragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giantdragon

Perhaps someone mentioned this already...but funnest is not a real word. It should be, since I hear so many people using it.
Funniest would probably work better. But, let's face it, funnest is more fun!

giantdragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giantdragon

Here's the link:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/funniest

thinkingbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thinkingbox
kinzoku wrote:Haha, the title was all Woot's choosing. My recommendation was "Lion Party".

As long as your recommendation wasn't "Lemon Party" based on the color of the shirt.

(Disclaimer: Do NOT Google that, especially if you're at work. Just trust me.)

Also, the lion blowing the bubble is adorable.

dwayri

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwayri

That lion is going to be sorry after his bubble pops and he ends up with bubblegum stuck in his mane.

LukeTheRunner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LukeTheRunner

I think this is my favorite woot shirt ever. And yet, I won't be buying one, because I can't get away with wearing that shade of yellow, and no one I know would like it as a Christmas present.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

This is you, kinzoku! I wish Woot would always put the artists' callsigns in the info. :^)

zenith931

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zenith931
Assassin15 wrote:Well, when you put candy in the mix, males don't care about who else is there. They put aside their pride, if you know what I mean.

PRIDE! Ah ha... I see what you did there...!

The only suggestion to change the shirt is to add more cubs -- they're SO CUTE!

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
thinkingbox wrote:As long as your recommendation wasn't "Lemon Party" based on the color of the shirt.

(Disclaimer: Do NOT Google that, especially if you're at work. Just trust me.)

Also, the lion blowing the bubble is adorable.

ffff, okay now the quality post note makes sense. I am more naïve than I thought.

shewalksdogs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shewalksdogs
rrsblack wrote:Today is my 25th birthday and I've always bought the shirt of the day of my bday.. But today I don't think I am.. Lol I can't imagine a time I would ever wear this shirt!

You could give it to someone in Calif or Ariz or Texas, we (who have an immigration problem) find this shirt EXTREMELY funny!

rrsblack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rrsblack
mesmerelda wrote:Happy Birthday, rrsblack!

&note2001.
Thanks!!

rrsblack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rrsblack
shewalksdogs wrote:You could give it to someone in Calif or Ariz or Texas, we (who have an immigration problem) find this shirt EXTREMELY funny!

Hahahaha I'd move to Arizona any day despite the immigration problem!

ironekilz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ironekilz

Love it! In for one. And I think the color of the shirt is perfect. I just got Autumn Aviary in the mail, which is also on lemon, and it's a really soft, cheery color. I think the monitor makes it look harsher than it is.

Kytkattin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kytkattin

Between this shirt and the "Save the Jackalopes!" shirt I really feel like woot is trying to say something about nature...

kaveman212c

"Lion Party". I can dig it.

al2ic2ia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages al2ic2ia

Funnest is NOT a word...uhhggg
Even my kids teacher uses this word...
However, the tshirt rocks!!

moosepod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moosepod
kinzoku wrote:Aaah I knew I should have stayed up late!

I'm very happy my shirt got to print here, thank you Woot! This is my second print and I can't wait to wear it. And that write-up really captures the spirit of pinata carnage I hoped to convey.

And thank you for the comments so far! Originally I had a tree branch above them, but the composition looked far better without it.

Very rare... but it has been documented. I believe NatGeo did something on a pair of brothers that ran a pride.

VOTE- Click Below!!!

Puggsy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Puggsy

Yellow?? damn it, I laughed heartily when I first saw this too.

I can appreciate good art, not add to it.

ragetears

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ragetears

People are actually complaining about "funnest" not being a real word? It's a pun! It's not meant to be grammatically correct. It's playing with the structure of one word to supplant another word in an idiomatic reference for a ha-ha twist.
It's that simple.
Now, if you don't think it's particularly clever, okay, keep that skull muscle un-flexed and meow away. But to pick on the grammar when that's beside the point? Come on.

Love it and bought.

PollTax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PollTax
Jestik wrote:the photoshop job is cool, thanks for the perspective. I do like the colors you picked out, and for the reasons you picked out. However, I really enjoy the colors that the artist/woot chose. I think yellow and purple look so great together, and the yellow IS realistic. As evidence:

Lions in the Savannah.

lots of yellow here.

anyway, congrats on the print, great shirt!

I would have totally bought that.

www.Youtube.com/AndrewSkyMusic