WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Albeit an hour late, it's that time again, time for Shirt.Woot to arbitrarily take all the voting power out of your grubby little mitts and exert some totalitarianism on this Derby. We're dipping into the Honorable Mention shirt designs from Derbies 160 - 173. The pain of just barely missing out could be soothed with the healing touch of triumph; or old scabs could be ripped unceremoniously off only to lose out again. Should be fun!

Designers: if in the meantime you've opted out of including your design in the Double-Take Derby, or sold/submitted your Honorable Mention design somewhere else, email us at shirt@woot.com by noon tomorrow and let us know. Any design found submitted for voting to another site, sold on another site, or for sale on another site will not be eligible for the Double-Take Derby and will be removed from consideration. Because we're jealous like that.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen

This is perfect timing because there are some great 'home for the holidays' designs in the running. (Gimme gimme lucky's fruitcake!)

Good luck to all of the honorable mentions.

I have these three in the running:

I'm quite proud of these designs, I feel like they're very... me. Thanks again to Woot for the second chance. :^)

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Ah! Here it is

Vote!

dottarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dottarts

So pardon my ignorance, but does this mean that new and "never a bridesmaid" designers don't get to participate? I will enjoy looking at all of the great artwork, but I must say that I am very dissapointed that I will not get to submit. Being a holiday, I actually was going to have quality extra time to show what I am capable of.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

But we didn't get #173 HMs yet, did we?

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero

you're right to be jealous woot team ;-)
i've got this one in the running

Thanks for the second chance
question:designers must resubmit right?or will you make a choice among the HM?

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

I will have three in this Double-Take. Enjoy!

bassanimation

Spiritgreen wrote:This is perfect timing because there are some great 'home for the holidays' designs in the running. (Gimme gimme lucky's fruitcake!)

Good luck to all of the honorable mentions.

I have these three in the running:

I would not be surprised to see this get an EC if it doenst place on it's own. SO AWESOME! I wanted this one so much *_*.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

I've got one.
Albert Funkenstein and The Scientific Method!

odysseyroc wrote:

Hope this prints!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
midgerock wrote:I've got one.
Albert Funkenstein and The Scientific Method!

Hope this prints!

I voted for this as hard as I could the first time. Hope it prints this time.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
bassanimation wrote:I would not be surprised to see this get an EC if it doenst place on it's own. SO AWESOME! I wanted this one so much *_*.

Aw, thanks bass! My favorite of yours is Clan of the Cave Bots (want!) although I think the unicorn will be leading the charge. ^____^

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

I think I have 4 HMs for this derby...

Vote!

downsideup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages downsideup

So do we typically get the theme of next week's derby ahead of time during these double take derbies? I thought I had read that somewhere, and I'm excited to have a full week to work on an entry before it opens.

I haven't been around long enough to be familiar with all of the entries that will be brought forward into this week's derby so it should be fun to see, but I know I've got my fingers crossed that your Unicorn Steakhouse design places Bass. Love that shirt.

bassanimation

Spiritgreen wrote:Aw, thanks bass! My favorite of yours is Clan of the Cave Bots (want!) although I think the unicorn will be leading the charge. ^____^

I think if any of mine have a chance to fog it'll only be the Unicorn Steakhouse. Halloween entries don't typically do well, and that one did particularly poorly for me, hahaha. (must be the beatup stationwagon's fault) The cave b0ts might do ok, but it will be a very tough field, esp if they include the entries from the actual robots derby. My b0ts would be crushed!!! (and deservedly so!)

bassanimation

downsideup wrote:So do we typically get the theme of next week's derby ahead of time during these double take derbies? I thought I had read that somewhere, and I'm excited to have a full week to work on an entry before it opens.

I haven't been around long enough to be familiar with all of the entries that will be brought forward into this week's derby so it should be fun to see, but I know I've got my fingers crossed that your Unicorn Steakhouse design places Bass. Love that shirt.

Aww thank you! I really like it too, but Double-Takes are always a tough. Thanks for remembering the Unicorn!

Also, sometimes they list the next theme, sometimes they don't. Depends on how benevolent the Woot gods are feeling ^_~.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing

I'm driving for 12 hours today! Was looking forward to having something to think about on the ride. Oh well, best of luck everyone.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

I have 2 amongst the chosen this time:

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
bassanimation wrote:
Also, sometimes they list the next theme, sometimes they don't. Depends on how benevolent the Woot gods are feeling ^_~.

If they do is it usually when they announce it's the double take or later?

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

I have several in the running but the one I want to wear is:

kevlar51

quality posts: 43 Private Messages kevlar51

Barring a surprise HM from the roboderby, I've just got this one (but I'm really proud of it!):

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

i believe i have two

and because we are on vacation together here is stupididiots two HM's im hoping his monster cut out gets printed, im in love with it.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

i will be stalking spirit, odyssey, and bass this derby, and i will be spending lots of monies i think.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

It might be me, but I think the quality of the entries in the last few derbies has gone up considerably. Will definitely make this double-take interesting.

Plus it gives me time to get caught up with work so I can try to enter Derby 175...

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks

Should be a fun double derby. I really felt there's been a lot of good work stacking up that didn't print. Good luck all.

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac

Turkey is in the oven and I was ready to draw. I have three entries in this Double Take Derby.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Happy Thanksgiving, Wooters! Be safe!

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129

Any word on HM's from derby #173 vis a vis tomorrow's do-over derby?

and

Happy Thanksgiving!

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign

I have one entry in the double-take derby this time:

Curious to see how well this will do... On the other hand, and since I didn´t follow most of the derbys, whose HM´s are now on the running, it will be almost like a regular derby, and so I hope to find some cool surprises.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

rglee129 wrote:Any word on HM's from derby #173 vis a vis tomorrow's do-over derby?

and

Happy Thanksgiving!

I imagine those will be pushed back into the next double take. It's been a pretty crazy week.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris

We're going big this week!

Drakxxx & CrescentDebris

CrescentDebris

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
tgentry wrote:Happy Thanksgiving, Wooters! Be safe!

I imagine this is old news cuz I ain't been round in a couple weeks, but when did woot make the brilliant move of formalizing "we sure do pay that tgentry guy a lot of money"? Congrats!

I'm really hoping for some Draxx/Crescent Debris (Constellation Child or Playground in particular) or the invasion of the tapes entry. Or all three! Cmon woot, you haven't got any of my money in a long time, you know you want it!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

I think I have 2 shirts in the running, both olive:

zwartepaard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zwartepaard
dottarts wrote:So pardon my ignorance, but does this mean that new and "never a bridesmaid" designers don't get to participate? I will enjoy looking at all of the great artwork, but I must say that I am very dissapointed that I will not get to submit. Being a holiday, I actually was going to have quality extra time to show what I am capable of.

I was thinking the same thing. Major kudos to everyone with the honor of going up for print again, but I can't help but feel a little hurt that I won't be able to submit when this is one of the only weeks I have free during the school year. I'll be over here /qqing in the corner if anyone wants to join me ;)

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots

Viva la Doubletake! (Fist raise!)

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
zwartepaard wrote:I was thinking the same thing. Major kudos to everyone with the honor of going up for print again, but I can't help but feel a little hurt that I won't be able to submit when this is one of the only weeks I have free during the school year. I'll be over here /qqing in the corner if anyone wants to join me ;)

Aww, no corner qqing. You can still work on something. Make it a daily submission, or something for another site. Or do a snowy design. There'll probably be a wintery derby at some point. Chin up!

...I'm not usually this positive and uplifting. I think I'm drunk on Thanksgiving box wine.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

Dear people-who-wanted-a-derby-to-work-on:

This would be a GREAT weekend to brainstorm/create a daily/enter a new contest. The derbies are a great inspiration jump-off point, but art can ALWAYS be created. Go go go!

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
tgentry wrote:I imagine those will be pushed back into the next double take. It's been a pretty crazy week.

Derby description:

We're dipping into the Honorable Mention shirt designs from Derbies 160 - 173.

Obviously #173 was the Robot derby, so where are the HMs for it? Perhaps this was a mistype?

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

lemonlade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lemonlade
jasneko wrote:I think I have 4 HMs for this derby...

._. I [need] this shirt, hope it wins!

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
Assassin15 wrote:...

Obviously #173 was the Robot derby, so where are the HMs for it? Perhaps this was a mistype?

Or perhaps the team was initially hoping to announce the HM's prior to the start of the Derby on Friday. Mr. Gentry was recently hired by Woot as an Art Director, so if he says it might get pushed back due to a hectic week, why not believe him? It's not really that big of a deal anyways.