csighence

quality posts: 3 Private Messages csighence

Awesome shirt, in for two. Be nice in black!

zpeterz63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zpeterz63

Every OS sucks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d85p7JZXNy8

smrissland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smrissland

I need this in a bumper sticker.

etoile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages etoile
cwhieldon wrote:Maybe the nerdiest shirt I've ever seen and wanted.

You must have missed Wil Wheaton's first shirt. Science + gaming = awesome. :D Fortunately, it's back for the holidays!

In for one despite all the disparaging comments. Yeah, other shirts are cool too, but this one is CHEAPER and I like it. So there. *sniffs*

And I will wear this far more often than my overcooked ICHC "Has you seen my bukkit" lolrus shirt that I am now embarrassed to wear.

woots bought: 11. still in use: 5.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

No Android?! I am disappoint. :[

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

jssimon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jssimon

i'm tempted to buy the shirt for the geek-cred, but i really don't want to coexist; at least not w/ osx and windows.

ravenhaired

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravenhaired

I can see this being a played out idea... but it's still making me laugh so hard. First daily purchase.

elezar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages elezar

Am I the only one who's bothered by the fact that all of the letters except the "C" are icons for an OS, but the apple is an icon for a company instead? Couldn't they have found something better for the C, and used the X logo from OSX instead of SkyOS (Which so few people have even heard of)?

cappomutato

quality posts: 19 Private Messages cappomutato

I can't coexist with a shirt that has the apple logo on it.

yay taco

connie627

quality posts: 0 Private Messages connie627

"And finally, good ol’ Windows, about which we would write,
But our system found new updates and rebooted in the night."

Funniest couplet in a very clever poem!

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier

glad some of you like...
for the detractors... let us join hands and sing Kumbaya.
and for the rest:
"parody is the sincerest form of mockery"

JaggedXJ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JaggedXJ

In for one @ the bounce.
Insta-buy, minus checking the bank balance. :p

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
cappomutato wrote:I can't coexist with a shirt that has the apple logo on it.

agreed

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

Randomer002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Randomer002

Damn... Sold Out already. I hope they do a Reckoning on this shirt because I like it, and I'd be in for 3!

annieflies

quality posts: 12 Private Messages annieflies
Randomer002 wrote:Damn... Sold Out already. I hope they do a Reckoning on this shirt because I like it, and I'd be in for 3!

me 3! come on reckoning!!!

oops, pardon me, i wooted

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

And it's gone... but will be back tomorrow, and most likely stick around for a few months.

isaacbowen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isaacbowen

Not inspired by this, no sir...

redstang

quality posts: 3 Private Messages redstang

Woot - sort of confused as to why T-shirts can ever be 'sold out'. What, did you run out of blue shirts and silk screen ink? I think not. I thought you were in the biz of making money (well, that's at least second behind being sarcastic) so I'm confused that you don't sell the c r a p (sorry, couldn't resist) out of a popular shirt.

Timing is everything - especially when wOOting!

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

WOW! That sold out a lot quicker than I thought!

CeeMac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CeeMac

Wow ! Went in this morning and decided to go back at lunch to buy, only to see it's Sold Out! Congratulations . . . . see you tomorrow! BTW - how many constitutes a sell out?

lmaranell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmaranell
mattlussier wrote:glad some of you like...
and for the rest:

So, how do i get one now that they've sold out? or must i resort to the local shirt printing shop?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

lmaranell wrote:So, how do i get one now that they've sold out? or must i resort to the local shirt printing shop?

This shirt will be for sale again starting tomorrow--HERE--at $15. ALL shirts continue to be sold after the first day of sale. Every single shirt provides a link to its next-day-sale page in the first comment of its shirt-specific forum thread. A shirt will remain for sale (at $15) until reckoned.

To find out what shirts are available for sale on any given day--other than the obvious "shirt of the day" on the front shirt.woot page--please click on the "reckoning" link found in the top right corner of any shirt.woot page. All the shirt thumbnails in the reckoning are shirts that are still for sale. Click on the thumbnail or title and you will be taken to the shirt's order page.

Epsilon263

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Epsilon263
cxlo wrote:1 WaNt Th!5 SH1RT S0 TH@T P30p1e W1LL H@V3 A H@RD T1M3 UND3RSTaND1NG WH@T 1T 5AY5.

+1

D-RAD

cobaltgrl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cobaltgrl
CeeMac wrote:Wow ! Went in this morning and decided to go back at lunch to buy, only to see it's Sold Out! Congratulations . . . . see you tomorrow! BTW - how many constitutes a sell out?

I think it's like 3000.

So who buys nerd computer shirts for little kids?

dacohen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dacohen
CeeMac wrote:BTW - how many constitutes a sell out?

3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286...

Ley22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ley22

I missed it?! boo... all that debating whether or not to buy it... grrrr

freethinker555

quality posts: 1 Private Messages freethinker555

I always miss out on the good shirts...Geez, Woot, can't you print, say, 10,000 of the top rated shirts and just 3,000 of the lesser rated ones? Or, better yet, keep selling them all day even if you don't have them printed yet. Then print them and send them out while you laugh maniacally over your profits. None of us will ever know!

Mirusel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mirusel

I REALLY want one of these!!!!!! Rats!!!!!!!
Will they be available again?

Mirusel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mirusel
Mirusel wrote:I REALLY want one of these!!!!!! Rats!!!!!!!
Will they be available again?

I'll reply to myself - Read the former posts! Duh!!!

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
freethinker555 wrote:I always miss out on the good shirts...Geez, Woot, can't you print, say, 10,000 of the top rated shirts and just 3,000 of the lesser rated ones? Or, better yet, keep selling them all day even if you don't have them printed yet. Then print them and send them out while you laugh maniacally over your profits. None of us will ever know!

Pssst... check back after midnight, when you can snag it again! For details, click here!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

rayray099

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rayray099
mattlussier wrote:glad some of you like...
and for the rest:

I like you. Congrats on the sell out of your coy shirt!

Bandrik

quality posts: 73 Private Messages Bandrik

I don't know what I'm surprised by more. That this shirt sold out (cool shirt, but dailies rarely sell out), or how many people don't realize that shirts can be purchased the next day and at least for a week or so at only an additional $5 "indecisive, procrastination, or forgetful" fee.

wgordon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wgordon

I expected more fanbois in this thread.

Where are they hiding?

brendonintendo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brendonintendo
LesReed wrote:Would this be a good Christmas gift for my brother-in-law who loves playing X-Box360 and does something with computers for work? I am sure half the people on here have a similar hobby and job. Please let me know.

My girlfriend got this shirt for her brother. Her brother is a software developer and plays lots of Xbox. Its a good gift for sure

aegi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aegi

Where else can I buy THIS shirt (i like its design better then the other option somebody posted) Or will they sell this shirt at a later date at full price.

mattlussier

KevinMCombes wrote:Hmmmm......

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/24/coexist-laptop-decal-puts-presumptions-to-bed-demonstrates-your/

i see what you mean:...
"begin the clone wars have"

just to establish a timeline:

Sept 17th i thought of the idea
(thanx to stop&go traffic, and a car with more stickers on the back than bumper)...

i did a google search to see if anyone had done an OS version... i couldn't find any so that night i went scouring the net for operating system logos...

put it together that weekend and posted it on twitter on sept 20th.

on sept 27th i thought there might be enough geeks out there that get the joke, sent the concept to woot, and deleted the entry from my twitter account just in case.

Nov2 woot contacted me saying they would like to pursue the concept, and i signed the contract.

i didn't copycat, and wouldn't have put the design together if i could have already purchased one somewhere else. (i'm THAT lazy)

i don't think suzieautomatic.com saw my twitpic and copied me

in many ways, they are 2 similar but unique concepts.
my design concentrates on the epic OS battle that rages on.
the other design speaks to coexistence of multiple technology brands

both are satire of the all-to-often seen bumper sticker that preaches: religious unity will only come through a vehicle-mounted-decal

it was an idea that was destined to happen by someone and it is neat to see others have a similar affinity for geekery/OSwars/bumper-sticker-satire

just wanted to address the notion of copying the work of another designer.

apropos that they slide it in on "Cyber Monday"

geeks unite.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

aegi wrote:Where else can I buy THIS shirt (i like its design better then the other option somebody posted) Or will they sell this shirt at a later date at full price.

*sigh*

This shirt will be for sale again starting tomorrow--HERE--at $15. ALL shirts continue to be sold after the first day of sale. Every single shirt provides a link to its next-day-sale page in the first comment of its shirt-specific forum thread. A shirt will remain for sale (at $15) until reckoned.

To find out what shirts are available for sale on any given day--other than the obvious "shirt of the day" on the front shirt.woot page--please click on the "reckoning" link found in the top right corner of any shirt.woot page. All the shirt thumbnails in the reckoning are shirts that are still for sale. Click on the thumbnail or title and you will be taken to the shirt's order page.

mattlussier

cxlo wrote:1 WaNt Th!5 SH1RT S0 TH@T P30p1e W1LL H@V3 A H@RD T1M3 UND3RSTaND1NG WH@T 1T 5AY5.

i couldn't have said it better myself.

mattlussier

amnewsboy wrote:This shirt needs a Commodore 64 logo.

Believe me, i wanted to use the Commodore64 logo as the C, but that would bump out ubuntu for the O due to the limited places for the mac logo.

to many OSlogos to include... REALLY wanted to throw a nod to amiga and os2 warp also.... sigh...

mailmixer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmixer

I WANT IT BUT IT SOLD OUT!!