MachineAmbition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MachineAmbition

For people who don't understand making money:

If it sells out, it means that lots of people probably still want it and that they will very likely still buy it later. By having it sell out, Woot limits the amount of shirts that can be sold for 10 bucks when the shirt is really popular, so that they can sell more of the same shirt for 15 later. Chances are, enough people will still buy it so that you make more money even when the price is raised. Even if less shirts are sold at 15 than would have sold after "sold out" at 10, it will probably still be worth it in total revenue.

For shirts that aren't popular enough to sell out, having it a lower price for one day increases the amount of people who buy it by giving an incentive to those who may want it at some point to go ahead and buy it immediately. If I am not sure if I want a shirt, but I know I may regret not getting it, I may buy it because I'd rather pay 10 than 15.

That said, I really don't like this shirt and I'm surprised it sold out.

darkzealot89

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darkzealot89

No love for Firefox?! I see how it is woot :|

benben555

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benben555
dyaballikl wrote:if you think about it, it's perfect: an order sorted by boot times :P

The funniest (and most true) thing I've heard today!

-Benben555

icrashedtheinternet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icrashedtheinternet

AH! I can't believe I missed this one!

edventure

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edventure

I'd rather have this version on a shirt/bumper sticker.

I found it on this blog http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/04/15/coexist-in-firearm-manufacturer-logos/

xmmx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xmmx
darkzealot89 wrote:No love for Firefox?! I see how it is woot :|

Noobs these days. These are operating systems, not browsers.

naylorkj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naylorkj
mattlussier wrote:Believe me, i wanted to use the Commodore64 logo as the C, but that would bump out ubuntu for the O due to the limited places for the mac logo.

to many OSlogos to include... REALLY wanted to throw a nod to amiga and os2 warp also.... sigh...

os/2 had the best preemptive multitasking around...and the presentation manager was amazingly flexible.

ramboneftw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ramboneftw
AdderXYU wrote:That's because conservatives are intolerant of other religions, and you can't exactly spell "assimilate" with purely crosses.

That said, there's no real merit to an over-used and ergo uncreative bumpersticker. This is an over-utilized theme that has apparently already been done to this theme. Which means it should probably be reprinted some time next year like Evil-O-Meter.

Obvious troll is obvious.

1Jakee1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1Jakee1

10 minutes after I order it they cut the price to $12 - dang!

bobcrenshaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobcrenshaw
MathUhhhSaurus wrote:No Android?! I am disappoint. :[

I think you mean Android-x86. What letter would it replace anyway?

tracceyj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tracceyj

Dearest Woot, all I would like to do is get my brother a woot shirt for Christmas, but EVERY TIME I try to order a shirt you tell me my order has failed. DON'T YOU WANT MY MONEY??! JUST ACCEPT MY pumpkiny ORDER SO I CAN CROSS MY LITTLE JERK OF A BROTHER OFF MY LIST!

hmerwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmerwin
tracceyj wrote:Dearest Woot, all I would like to do is get my brother a woot shirt for Christmas, but EVERY TIME I try to order a shirt you tell me my order has failed. DON'T YOU WANT MY MONEY??! JUST ACCEPT MY pumpkiny ORDER SO I CAN CROSS MY LITTLE JERK OF A BROTHER OFF MY LIST!

Please make sure that all of your information is filled out correctly (including your sec. code on the back of your credit card), then press Buy it. If that does not work then please email us at service@woot.com for more help. Also, please remember that we have high traffic on our site because we are in the middle of a Woot Off.

ueberRegenbogen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ueberRegenbogen

No BSDs represented. Still, i'm tempted.

To the folks who can't identify all of them: read the copy! It usually explains the shirt (though, occasionally, the explanation needs explanation).

bobcrenshaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobcrenshaw
ueberRegenbogen wrote:No BSDs represented. Still, i'm tempted.

To the folks who can't identify all of them: read the copy! It usually explains the shirt (though, occasionally, the explanation needs explanation).

OSX is BSD.

dacohen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dacohen

lol at washington having most wooters

jzeimen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jzeimen

Has anyone's shirt shipped yet?

Edit: Nvm I just got the email.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan

This is a jolly-late comment, I know, but I'm surprised that the Apple logo is on this. Generally, whenever someone makes a parody of or uses the actual Apple logo in the derbies, the entry is rejectionated due to how protective Apple is of their trademark. Interesting that this daily used it.

runwilder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages runwilder

There's a penguin MIA... Surely he's more well known than some of the ones used...

GenMischief

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GenMischief

Am I the only one who hasnt gotten their shirt yet?

GenMischief

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GenMischief
jzeimen wrote:Has anyone's shirt shipped yet?

Edit: Nvm I just got the email.

YOu didn't get a ship report?

fredges

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fredges

Oh, I am SO making vinyl stickers of this for mine and my friend's cars....Sweet!

jd3538

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jd3538

Got my tracking notice on 12/6 However, FedEx gives me a nice "Not Found" every time I check on the status. It will most likely end up in my mailbox before the tracking issue is resolved. After 90+ Woot!s, I've learned to not panic and enjoy the waiting game.

akademikpn0i

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akademikpn0i

same with me, have my tracking info but when i click it says "not found"

i already expect stuff from woot to come in like 20 - 30 days because they have so much to ship

garagegoblin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garagegoblin

My shirts tracking number is not working. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks

Brunhilde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brunhilde

My tracking number isn't working either. The other shirts I ordered the same day already arrived too

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
runwilder wrote:There's a penguin MIA... Surely he's more well known than some of the ones used...

i had a couple layouts with Tux... seemed to forced...despite him being the most recognized alternative OS.

hmerwin

Brunhilde wrote:My tracking number isn't working either. The other shirts I ordered the same day already arrived too

Please contact service@woot.com

hmerwin

garagegoblin wrote:My shirts tracking number is not working. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks

Please contact service@woot.com

spidermitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spidermitch

I love the design, but doesn't this violate some shirt.woot rules? Let alone trademark? I'm only asking because I've had many a shirt shot down because of the ole Apple logo.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

spidermitch wrote:I love the design, but doesn't this violate some shirt.woot rules? Let alone trademark? I'm only asking because I've had many a shirt shot down because of the ole Apple logo.

Well, it's parody, and I'm sure that woot's lawyers cleared it before running it. They a business. They smart!

It's important to note that this is a daily shirt, not a derby shirt. The rules for derbies and the rules for dailies are completely different. Shirt.woot staff can choose to run whatever they want for a daily, no rules, because they are curating the art on their own. Derbies have rules that must be followed because it is a public competition. So what must be followed in a derby has nothing to do with what shirt.woot staff pick for dailies.

IndeedJimmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IndeedJimmy

I thought this site only attracted computer nerds, but after reading the comments here most of you all think you're nerds, but only just use a computer and a few popular programs. Using apple, windows, facebook, twitter, firefox, and google chrome extremely often doesn't make you a computer nerd. Guess I was wrong about the woot.com crowd and their computer savviness.

I was hoping to see more people recognize these symbols off the bat.

Props to woot writers for the related poem; I'll say entertaining.

LSN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LSN
IndeedJimmy wrote:I thought this site only attracted computer nerds, but after reading the comments here most of you all think you're nerds, but only just use a computer and a few popular programs. Using apple, windows, facebook, twitter, firefox, and google chrome extremely often doesn't make you a computer nerd. Guess I was wrong about the woot.com crowd and their computer savviness.

I was hoping to see more people recognize these symbols off the bat.

Props to woot writers for the related poem; I'll say entertaining.

I'm a little disappointed, too, at how non-positive the feedback in this thread has been. I'm a computer programmer and a huge T-shirt enthusiast, and the first thing I thought when I saw the design was "BRILLIANT", and then "WANT".

I would have liked to see the Linux penguin as the I, but I still think it's a great shirt, better than the other techie Coexist logos.

Also, I didn't realize the write-up was a poem until someone pointed it out. Very well written!

Hexydes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hexydes

Bought this one for SkyOS (I was one of the managers on the project). Thanks for the cool design!

glabifrons

quality posts: 3 Private Messages glabifrons

Oh NOOOOOOOOooooooo...... it's gone! :'(

I was planning on ordering this since the company I work for just relaxed their dress code!

:'(

jars99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jars99

I can't believe I didn't get this in time! Please bring it back - or at least publish a 1080p graphic I can use as my desktop background