quality posts: 1 Private Messages Livinonedge

I Love Pi!

8 Screaming Monkey
2 Bags of Crap
2 Woot-off lights
7 Woot Shirt

thatrobert

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thatrobert
degrawj wrote:Awesome!! This will be my 3rd pi themed shirt! I wonder if there is a way I can have .1415926 of a shirt to make my collection perfect. And I'm still kind of bummed that I missed out on the woot shirt from last year of a cake in the shape of pi. Nice job thatrobert!! Maybe you'll see me wearing my shirt some time since I live in Beaverton!

Cool. I hope I run into you. Still waiting for the day when I see one of my shirts in the wild!

riddley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riddley

This will be my jersey number for the student faculty basketball game!

ejxsd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejxsd

Sold out already?

ih8pikeys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ih8pikeys

I always miss the good shirts.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

ejxsd wrote:Sold out already?

ih8pikeys wrote:I always miss the good shirts.

thirdlima wrote:Oh my...i'm out of this one, came to late!

evashelley wrote:I wish I could buy at least two of these! I slacked!

This shirt will be for sale again starting tomorrow--HERE--at $15. ALL shirts continue to be sold after the first day of sale. Every single shirt provides a link to its next-day-sale page in the first comment of its shirt-specific forum thread. A shirt will remain for sale (at $15) until reckoned.

To find out what shirts are available for sale on any given day--other than the obvious "shirt of the day" on the front shirt.woot page--please click on the "reckoning" link found in the top right corner of any shirt.woot page. All the shirt thumbnails in the reckoning are shirts that are still for sale. Click on the thumbnail or title and you will be taken to the shirt's order page.

mylastnameisgunter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mylastnameisgunter

My birthday is Pi Day, and my favorite woot shirt color is asphalt! Happy early birthday to me!

thatrobert

goldenthorn wrote:This shirt will be for sale again starting tomorrow--HERE--at $15. ALL shirts continue to be sold after the first day of sale. Every single shirt provides a link to its next-day-sale page in the first comment of its shirt-specific forum thread. A shirt will remain for sale (at $15) until reckoned.

To find out what shirts are available for sale on any given day--other than the obvious "shirt of the day" on the front shirt.woot page--please click on the "reckoning" link found in the top right corner of any shirt.woot page. All the shirt thumbnails in the reckoning are shirts that are still for sale. Click on the thumbnail or title and you will be taken to the shirt's order page.

Thanks GT, for your almost daily PSAs!

ajoohoo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ajoohoo
reggaemyelitis wrote:Who really cares? I am soooooo bore-assed with the recent designs....

Can we not implore more mammalian-hateful designs as well as some love for the Boletus and Cantherellus species of the World of Fungi?...

Werd. Never enough love for the Chanty.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
Darquis wrote:Did Zu Chongzhi estimate a sell out as well?

thisdude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thisdude

Oh my! Frosty's gallavanting!! please restock on this, I want one!

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari

Congrats on the sell-out! :D I'll be getting one with an HM code tomorrow. Fantastic design, so glad it won.

masterzora

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterzora
dlcarrier wrote:Does anyone else notice the rounding error? Zu Chongzhi's estimate was 355/113, which is only accurate to 3.141592. The shirt shows 3.1415926, but the next two digits are 53, so the number on the shirt should be rounded to 3.1415927. (I'm still buying one anyway.)

Truncation is a perfectly cromulent rounding method, especially with \pi, where the memorisation of the actual digits is considered important in its own right.

Kowulz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kowulz

How can it be sold out when the day is still young? Now that is irrational and unjust.

Boo, hiss. Hiss, Boo.

Rock Cowles
Kowulz.com

hardrockinmofo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hardrockinmofo

I guess I'm just not nerdy enough to get this.

nonprescription

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nonprescription

Why is it that whenever anyone references pi, they never even attempt to write the correct numbers? It takes 1 second to look at it on a calculator. Now thousands of people have a worthless shirt that shows their ignorance.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
nonprescription wrote:Why is it that whenever anyone references pi, they never even attempt to write the correct numbers? It takes 1 second to look at it on a calculator. Now thousands of people have a worthless shirt that shows their ignorance.

If someone wanted a shirt that simply displayed pi, they could make their own with a blank T and some markers. This one is much more interesting looking that most pi-shirts, which alone keeps it from being worthless.

shane2029

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shane2029

Another pi shirt... more proof that woot is only nerds lol

woahwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woahwoot

i've been waiting all year for this shirt to go on sale and i missed it? this is an outrage! i'm boycotting shirt.woot for the rest of the day.

thatrobert

woahwoot wrote:i've been waiting all year for this shirt to go on sale and i missed it? this is an outrage! i'm boycotting shirt.woot for the rest of the day.

On sale tomorrow. Link above...

Kasol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kasol

witty pi pun.

Daveed84

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Daveed84

Damn! How did I miss this shirt? Maybe I'll pick it up for the reckoning, if it makes it there (it'll make it there, right?).

sanmarin0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanmarin0

Awesome! voted for it in the Derby bought it when it won. I knew this was going to sell out.

blooskies13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blooskies13

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

This better show up in the reckoning. I NEED this shirt.

fredsmith2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fredsmith2
emailrob wrote:So I always rounded it as 3.1415927 (i.e. the next 5 rounds to a 7 not a 6). Please tell me I'm not wrong all these years....

I'm not buying it either because of the rounding mistake. Grammar mistakes on shirts are awesome, but truncating instead of rounding is reprehensible.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Daveed84 wrote:Damn! How did I miss this shirt? Maybe I'll pick it up for the reckoning, if it makes it there (it'll make it there, right?).

blooskies13 wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

This better show up in the reckoning. I NEED this shirt.

DUDES.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
goldenthorn wrote:DUDES.

MAN WHY IS THIS SHIRT SOLD OUT, I WANT IT

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Darquis wrote:MAN WHY IS THIS SHIRT SOLD OUT, I WANT IT

AZScott

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AZScott

Me without the shirt.

Me with the shirt.

I want this shirt.

millertime021

quality posts: 2 Private Messages millertime021
Krampusbrigade wrote:Damnit, I wanted cake.

The cake is a lie.

4x Bindle of Carrots (Most Recent: 8/17/2011)

jr637

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jr637

Weird Al knows it to 1000 places.

jgreen0101

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jgreen0101

Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

acco205

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acco205

i didnt want to search through 4 pages to see if anyone else has pointed this out, but the one is impossibly bisecting the three on the bottom.

small oversight, brutal on the eye. should have been fixed before sending it to press...

bloberty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bloberty
acco205 wrote:i didnt want to search through 4 pages to see if anyone else has pointed this out, but the one is impossibly bisecting the three on the bottom.

small oversight, brutal on the eye. should have been fixed before sending it to press...

Now that you pointed it out I can't help but notice it!

nuchaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nuchaz

Love this shirt, Just put in my order. I noticed a few people commenting on the rounding of the number. The true value for pie is 3.141592654... etc and I was taught in college physics that it is proper to round to the nearest even number. This (in theory) avoids a bias from rounding up all the time. So 3.1415926 is in fact using a legal rounding method.

As far as the way the 1 intersects with the 3 and 4, I like it like this. To me it seems like the 1 is stabbed through the 3 and 4 and connecting the number intimately. If the 1 was in front of the 3, it would seem like the 3 was in the background instead of intertwined with its brothers .14

thatrobert

nuchaz wrote:Love this shirt, Just put in my order. I noticed a few people commenting on the rounding of the number. The true value for pie is 3.141592654... etc and I was taught in college physics that it is proper to round to the nearest even number. This (in theory) avoids a bias from rounding up all the time. So 3.1415926 is in fact using a legal rounding method.

As far as the way the 1 intersects with the 3 and 4, I like it like this. To me it seems like the 1 is stabbed through the 3 and 4 and connecting the number intimately. If the 1 was in front of the 3, it would seem like the 3 was in the background instead of intertwined with its brothers .14

What a wise person you are. Thanks for the well-written response to many of the complaints.

novadeez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages novadeez
DianaSprinkle wrote:Ha! I figured this one would be in first place... I'm still bothered by the 3 being both behind and in front of the 1 but I think it's a minor quibble.

Awesome, now I can't unsee it, thanks.

booyah22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages booyah22

I see this on woot and it is already sold out so I can't get it. Then like the next day it is on the reckoning for $5 more? L-a-m-e.

thatrobert

booyah22 wrote:I see this on woot and it is already sold out so I can't get it. Then like the next day it is on the reckoning for $5 more? L-a-m-e.

That's actually the way the system works. Every day. For all shirts.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

booyah22 wrote:I see this on woot and it is already sold out so I can't get it. Then like the next day it is on the reckoning for $5 more? L-a-m-e.

Okay. Let me explain it to you like this: Woot shirts are $15. But on their first day of sale--the day they are shirt-of-the-day on the main shirt.woot page--they are discounted to $10. Now, woot will only sell up to 3000 of those shirts at their $10 price point on the first day. It's keeping that $10 sale exclusive to early buyers. After that first day, the shirts are $15. So it's a philosophy of "you snooze, you lose" when acquiring shirts at the discounted first-day price of $10.