JohnDuncanYoyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JohnDuncanYoyo
sasham62 wrote:If you'd made them priests, it might have passed the rejectionator. Of course, it probably wouldn't get nearly as many votes.

I don't get how this off topic?
Movie quote- OK,
Reinterpretation- OK.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
CrescentDebris wrote:I've been upgraded to TEN minutes!? Ohhh thank you Master Draqs. Thank you!

Not anymore, I bet.

Great job with this, you two. Black or blue, or whatever, it's a great, moody design.

paigeg

Re: Shatner. I'd Fight William Shatner.

Bad job, Woot. Who's rejectionating this week? Are they hung over?
Take some Alka-Seltzer, please. Some of the rejections this week seem spurious, and the reasons given don't even make sense in some cases.
Major bummer, midgerock, this was a great comp. Take it to Threadless.

paigeg

Re: I'm king of the world!

I odn't know if I'm 100% on the colors you chose, but the design is great, and funny.

paigeg

Re: I felt like destroying something beautiful

In my mind when I saw this, I imagined cmdixon had internalized the quote, and visually destroyed a beautiful butterfly. I think arguing whether it's on-topic is futile - the derby is 'reinterpretation'. This works on every level. And it's masterfully done. A must-have for me.

sxg133

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sxg133
yankeebird wrote:Even if you can't find them, this should be rejected for text and not using a heather grey template.

I didn't like it without the text, so I just drew the numbers by hand. Not sure if that still warrants rejection. And it is the heather gray template. Downloaded the ai file right off woot.

paigeg

Re: The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of

Companion 'theme' shirts! Hysterical!
Apparently I'm in the minority in not caring for shirts depicting things puking, pooping, or whatever. But thumbs up to you for the concepts. Really funny stuff.

paigeg

Re: Here There be Monsters

Abslutely adorable. And the pupilled-eyes do work. GMV for the rubber monster-ducky.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
Darquis wrote:No offense to Odyssey because I do like his work, but has he ever printed at woot? It'd be one thing to accuse Boots if she teamed with say, Ramy (PERISH THE THOUGHT ;) ) but I hardly think Odyssey and Boots collaborating could be accused of vote pandering (nor do I believe you have psychic powers granting you this insight).

No no, look away, there's nothing to see here. ;)

I stand by it though. That was about 2 years ago. We were young, we were crazy, it was a time of hope and LSD. And I actually think it came out really well.

Spomo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spomo
Re: You shall not pass!

It doesn't look bad, one thing I would prefer is them to be on a bridge since without the description I am not entirely sure the message is clear. Also, it's not on a shirt template...

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 57 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
Re: This goes to ELEVEN v2

I like this version better. Not only because now there is a clear 0, but also because now there are two of every color except red so it matches the equalizer in the middle

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

dragonvt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonvt
Jestik wrote:one of the things I appreciate most about your approach to the derbies, is that you never take the obvious or heavy-handed approach to the theme. Your designs are how they are intended to be: a complete re-interpretation, NOT a quote illustrated on a shirt.

THIS! Beautiful design, outstanding concept and execution. I'm ready to order this right now.

lemurtx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lemurtx
Re: Frankly my deer, I don't give a dam.

Damn, I want to buy this shirt, my name is beaver, and I'm a sucker for woot beaver shirts! ;)

MathUhhhSaurus

Re: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

AIRPLANE! :D

I think, if you can, you should make the design bigger. It's kind of hard to see. Nice concept

What Bindle of Carrots?

pworden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pworden
MathUhhhSaurus wrote:AIRPLANE! :D

I think, if you can, you should make the design bigger. It's kind of hard to see. Nice concept

Thanks for the feedback! I could certainly enlarge the design on the shirt, but I hate to delete it and resubmit it yet again. I'll check to see if there's a way I can simply change the comp without starting over.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: Ding Dong! The Witch is Dead

This design is making me so hungry...

Great execution! In both sense of the word.

MathUhhhSaurus

megsck wrote:there is some crazy optical illustion going on with the thumbnail, when i look at it i see the back of mr. burns hunched over, kinda cool. =)

i had the imense pleasure of working on the movie, this shirt reminds me of good times +1 from me.

Same here! Only I thought it was the back of George Dubya's head :D

What Bindle of Carrots?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
cernenus wrote:I like this better. the lowest position for the dial has to be zero, or you can't turn the thing 'off' level wise.

(sorry, have run way too many mixing boards in my life.. of course many modern boards go from a large negative value up to zero.. but that blows the 'goes to 11' joke entirely, so we won't go there.

Thanks for the support! Yeah, now I can't stand looking at the other design, since as a guy who does bioacoustics, I should never have made the error. The dots came first in the design, and the circular bars were an afterthought...

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
Re: Smiling's My Favorite!

I just like to smile! Smiling's my favorite!

-Buddy the Elf, Elf, 2003

lemurtx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lemurtx
DianaSprinkle wrote:LOL, aww your poor kitty. I always feel super bad when I end up shocking my poor kitties. And I always get them right on the nose. They look so offended like I somehow did it on purpose. =/ My favorite thing to do to my kitties is to stick a post-it note on them... my big fluffy cat gets me back by trying to eat anything sticky or tape-like.

I shocked one of my kitties the other night on the nose, poor thing, he rubbed his nose then ran off.

I love the shirt! I hope it prints! I loved that movie, and LOVED that scene!

I haven't been to the Blue Genie Art Bazaar before, but will try to make it by this week!

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
Re: Smiling's My Favorite!

I just like to smile! Smiling's my favorite!

-Buddy the Elf, Elf, 2003

stophe22

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stophe22
Re: This was Divine Intervention

Probably my favorite Woot shirt I have ever seen. Keep it in the vault and look for an opportunity to re-submit in another derby. Sooo good.

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
Re: HE'S SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE! - V2

Thank you for referencing/using this quote!! ROFL. Loved it.

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Re: ...Danced With The Devil In The Pale Moonlight?

this is amazing. this is a must buy. this better print. great work.

that is all.

Happy Beer.

r0ksana

quality posts: 8 Private Messages r0ksana

I have no idea what this is in reference to ... Enlighten and mock me, please?

ohcomeonnow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohcomeonnow
Re: You shall not pass!

Adorable concept (I do love my Bumble) but I agree that he should be on a bridge.

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
Re: The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of

lolol.
The expression on the cloud is priceless haha.

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

Shadowhunter312

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Shadowhunter312
Darquis wrote:TBH, I didn't notice the stir...er until you pointed it out. And I think what they were saying is that this could easily represent the quote "shot glass" (visual pun and whatnot) if that were a quote.

Anyway, I rather like it, GMV

Yes, thank you Darquis, visual pun would be a better way to describe what I was saying. Sorry for being unclear.

pworden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pworden

Is there any way to resubmit/change the comp without removing my previous entry and resubmitting from start again?

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
Re: This goes to ELEVEN v2

This one works much better. GMV

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Haveck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Haveck
Re: This goes to ELEVEN

i count 10

but i like the level bars. rock on

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
BootsBoots wrote:No no, look away, there's nothing to see here. ;)

I stand by it though. That was about 2 years ago. We were young, we were crazy, it was a time of hope and LSD. And I actually think it came out really well.

I did not look away (sorry), But that had more boots' style than Ramy's.

Seriously, Odroc is one of the criminally overlooked artists here. It's still great, If he gets some extra mileage with collabs, that's my opinion tho.

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: communism is just a red herring

From one of my favorite movies,Clue.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: communism is just a red herring

This is what my drawing looked like before filters and halftones.

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
paigeg wrote:Companion 'theme' shirts! Hysterical!
Apparently I'm in the minority in not caring for shirts depicting things puking, pooping, or whatever. But thumbs up to you for the concepts. Really funny stuff.

Seconded - I'm with you in that minority! But if I wasn't, I would totally buy this shirt because it is fun, amusing, and just plain well-done. So kudos for doing an awesome shirt, even though I can't bring myself to hit "I'd want one".

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8

Voted. Another gift for my wife when it prints, it's almost not fair

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: KHAAANNNN!

Nice! And those colors look really good on the shirt comp.

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker
Re: Sharks with frickin' laser beams (resub)

I didn't like my original sub too much. Too dark and not enough detail. So hope this one does better.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: We are the Knights Who Say... Ni!

Is this really reinterpreted? Aren't they still knights saying Ni?