meaglovin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meaglovin
missmissa07 wrote:Orange + Blue = U of Illinois = I can wear it to the college football bowl games that woot describes in the description! Yay!

it's also the colors of bsu, denver broncos, university of florida

blah blah blah
honestly, after the tostitos bowl, i'm very sick of orange and blue

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
omnitarian wrote:

Be on the lookout, barring any changes due to Woot's name length limit. :I

Super-yay. :D

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Spiritgreen wrote:Well congrats on that. Guess I'm scrapping the last few hours of work then.

No no no.... you should do it! Just because I did this doesn't mean you didn't come up with the same idea independently, and your design could be 100% better with the color scheme you picked!

And reading back, a lot of my fellow derby readers agree. I just thought it really funny that we both thought of the old velocipede as a tron thing.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS

Looks like there's going to be a lot of orange/blue submissions this week.

Here's what I came up with.
The color orange made me think of orange barrels, which then made me think of the Orange Barrel song by Heywood Banks. But I digress.
Thinking of a title along the lines of "Caution: Rumble Zone"

Caution: Rumble Zone

zwartepaard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zwartepaard
sTyLeS wrote:Looks like there's going to be a lot of orange/blue submissions this week.

Here's what I came up with.
The color orange made me think of orange barrels, which then made me think of the Orange Barrel song by Heywood Banks. But I digress.
Thinking of a title along the lines of "Caution: Rumble Zone"

Caution: Rumble Zone

If I'm reading the rules right (which is entirely possible I'm NOT), I think you'd have to get rid of the white/find another way to get the idea of white across as white+orange+blue=3 ink colors.

EDIT: Sorry, just looked at it again. You had me fooled! That's not white at all!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

I have been playing around with this style a lot lately. Any constructive criticism or thoughts would be appreciated.

sTyLeS

zwartepaard wrote:If I'm reading the rules right (which is entirely possible I'm NOT), I think you'd have to get rid of the white/find another way to get the idea of white across as white+orange+blue=3 ink colors.

EDIT: Sorry, just looked at it again. You had me fooled! That's not white at all!

Yeah, that sneaky cream colored shirt.

ekio

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ekio
omnitarian wrote:

This rocks some socks. ^_^

I'm sketching like mad trying to come up with something fun that will look good in one of those color pallets.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
SkekTek wrote:No no no.... you should do it! Just because I did this doesn't mean you didn't come up with the same idea independently, and your design could be 100% better with the color scheme you picked!

And reading back, a lot of my fellow derby readers agree. I just thought it really funny that we both thought of the old velocipede as a tron thing.

Sounds like a waiver to me! (and now *I'm* the ass!)

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
Andy47240 wrote:I have been playing around with this style a lot lately. Any constructive criticism or thoughts would be appreciated.

I like it. The only thing I'm not wild about is how it ends at the top. Seems a little messy. The design itself though is really nice.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

Hmm, I actually really like orange and blue together. My first thought involves fractals...trying to decide between solar system/space and animal (not bunny, penguin, or squirrel). Will see what I can come up with tonight.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman

UPDATE... I'm close to having the dragon done, just have to do some back claws and a tail.

Should I do another dragon or tiger on the other side?

The colors will be switched if I do a tiger. Any thoughts on the colors used?

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
CapSea wrote:I like it. The only thing I'm not wild about is how it ends at the top. Seems a little messy. The design itself though is really nice.

Agreed. How about clouds on top? Also, the birds are too close to each other -- I had to really squint to figure out it was two birds and not something else...

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I am working on this, but don't know if it'll be a good vote getter in the derby. In case you're curious, it's brain food...

sTyLeS

CapSea wrote:I like it. The only thing I'm not wild about is how it ends at the top. Seems a little messy. The design itself though is really nice.

I agree with both of those statements.
The negative space on the sides is great...the rough line along the top not as great.

sTyLeS

lkackman wrote:

UPDATE... I'm close to having the dragon done, just have to do some back claws and a tail.

Should I do another dragon or tiger on the other side?

The colors will be switched if I do a tiger. Any thoughts on the colors used?

I like your choice of shades. Not your typical orange and blue, but they go well together.

As far as what else to put on it...I like the tiger idea, but I'm sort of partial to blue dragons, and that would leave orange for a typical tiger coloring.

Also, be mindful when considering shirt placement so the strip doesn't wrap around the breasteses. Could even give it a slight slant.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Here's what I'm working on. I did an anglerfish design ages ago and decided I wouldn't mind doing another. This one's called "He Always Has an Idea."

sTyLeS

spratman wrote:Not thrilled, but this is what I have. Poison Dart Frogs

I like this idea. Not so fond of the full shirt designs, though.
The design could be smaller, and the frogs bigger. But that's just my opinion.

lkackman

theinfinityloop wrote:Here's what I'm working on. I did an anglerfish design ages ago and decided I wouldn't mind doing another. This one's called "He Always Has an Idea."

Love this Loop. Great use of the colors.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
omnitarian wrote:

Love this!

sTyLeS

And the comp image

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber

WIP: Little Red Riding Bug

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

There are so many rockin' designs!
I am really diggin' what people are putting up and I'm glad to see Andy posting some work!
That rocks!

not crazy about my idea but its the only one that came to me. Should I sub it?
It may hard for some to get but its called "Cheeze'n'rice"!

lkackman

midgerock wrote:There are so many rockin' design!

I really diggin' what people are putting up and I'm glad to see Andy posting some work!
That rocks!
not crazy about this idea but its the only one that came to me. Should I sub it?
Cheeze'n'rice!

Clever! I like it, so simple and funny. I'd say it has potential for a payout.

Except for that whole no text thing... the exclamation points won't fly.

sTyLeS

lkackman wrote:Clever! I like it, so simple and funny. I'd say it has potential for a payout.

I was just gonna say the same thing about the exclamation points.
I do like the cool distressing you did, though.

midgerock

lkackman wrote:Clever! I like it, so simple and funny. I'd say it has potential for a payout.

sTyLeS wrote:I was just gonna say the same thing about the exclamation points.
I do like the cool distressing you did, though.

thanks for the catch there!
any recommendations instead or should I go without them?

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

"ONE of the following color combinations: blue & orange, yellow & violet, or red & green."

In the past there have been a few comments about red/green designs being a problem for the color blind community. Just a thought.

CapSea

bsweber wrote:WIP: Little Red Riding Bug

I presume this is part of a larger shirt image, in which case this is really neat.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
odysseyroc wrote:Here's what I got

Just in case you haven't heard this at all lately: you're f*ck!ng awesome.

You should probably be told that every time you draw something. You're a master at coloring. And the composition in this is really cool. I love the perspective.

If I could name only one person that subs here that deserves more love, it would be you. Your ratio of talent:wootlove is preposterous.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Andy47240 wrote:I have been playing around with this style a lot lately. Any constructive criticism or thoughts would be appreciated.

Wow! I love how looks on the tee, great work!

JesseBYAH

Misskari wrote:

Just working on something happy and lighthearted.

edit: That's cool, SG. :D

This made me laugh so hard! They're so happy! Good stuff, Misskari

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Changes to the birds and I changed the top to feel more like billowing clouds rolling in.

CapSea

Andy47240 wrote:Changes to the birds and I changed the top to feel more like billowing clouds rolling in.

Excellent!

JesseBYAH

lilisliph wrote:Hi! Comments and criticisms would be welcome!

Very odd and random; I have no idea what's going on. But I still really like it! The style is very cool.

*Should* I know what's going on, or is it in fact, a completely random design? Either way, solid stuff. I likey.

CapSea

odysseyroc wrote:Here's what I got

While I admit this is very neat, I have yet to spot the taco. Hmm....

dfurman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfurman

Hey, does it look better on white or gray? Thanks

JesseBYAH

omnitarian wrote:

I dig your style so much, Omni. I love this.

Are you a Vikings fan, by chance? I know you live in Lacrosse which is just across the border... just curious ;)

midgerock

CapSea wrote:While I admit this is very neat, I have yet to spot the taco. Hmm....

your not looking hard enough. The keen eye would spot the bird in the top left corner has one in its claws!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
theinfinityloop wrote:Here's what I'm working on. I did an anglerfish design ages ago and decided I wouldn't mind doing another. This one's called "He Always Has an Idea."

I was hoping you'd do purple!

This would go well with your other anglerfish shirt I have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber