hannahbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hannahbear

Concept of what I want to do. Geometric Explosion.

http://catsandart.com

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop
dfurman wrote:Hey, does it look better on white or gray? Thanks

Definitely grey.
But the guy is pedaling form just one side of the bike. Thank God that's easily fixable.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
JRWorkshop wrote:Definitely grey.
But the guy is pedaling form just one side of the bike. Thank God that's easily fixable.

I see what you mean. you shouldn't see the bike through the leg closest to the viewer.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
zwartepaard wrote:Here's what I've got. I went with red and green.

in case the concept isn't as clear as I'd like it to be, I'd probably call it something like, "Big Head, Little Arms" or "Why T. Rex is NOT a Painter." If it's still not clear, Mr. T. Rex is trying to paint a still life, but his head is too big to let his lil' arms reach the canvas, so he gets mad, throws his paints down, takes the chicken/turkey/duck out of his still life and leaves a trail of painty footprints.

Comments and suggestions are most appreciated! :D

When I first saw this, I thought it was really cute but I didn't know exactly what was going on. After I read your description, I loved it even more, but I think the second pane needs to be a little clearer. It looks like he's just ramming his head into to board. If you had his head more upright, with his snout bumping into the board and his arm straining with the brush towards it, I think it would be a lot clearer.

Very cute concept and style, though!

midgerock

bsweber wrote:

I have to say this looks amazing.

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66
paigeg wrote:Looks like Woot's image caching is offline again.
Nice! Way to blow my 'blechhh' out of the water right off the get-go.

thanks

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
midgerock wrote:thanks for the catch there!
any recommendations instead or should I go without them?

put three lines over each showing surprise

dfurman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfurman
JRWorkshop wrote:Definitely grey.

Oh, good eye. Thanks!

S3th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages S3th

Loaded Die

www.wewwl.com

midgerock

kevlar51 wrote:put three lines over each showing surprise

like so?

or this?

or nothing?

or should say "cheesenrice! "f" this design"?

S3th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages S3th
midgerock wrote:like so?

or this?

or nothing?

or should say "cheesenrice! "f" this design"?

The top one is perfect

www.wewwl.com

nevetnod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nevetnod

Please, someone do purple and yellow on a green shirt and do a groovy Mardi Gras theme.

I like celery.

austin5454

quality posts: 1 Private Messages austin5454

I drew an outline map of the world, and made it the negative space inside orange and blue dots. Anyone have thoughts?

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/fifteen30/5308344817/][/url]
shirtcompearth by austinsmith5555, on Flickr

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
bsweber wrote:

I'm not allowed to swear in woot forums so let's just say this is bucktoothing amazing.

Cranberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cranberry
bsweber wrote:

I would buy this right now if I could.

madross

quality posts: 6 Private Messages madross

I wish at least one of frogs were a little bigger. I like shirts that can be figured out before invading personal space.

spratman wrote:Not thrilled, but this is what I have. Poison Dart Frogs

Random Crap, LeakFrogs,Screaming Monkey, Monster 7ft USB Cable w/LED Powerflow Indicator, Netgear Super-G Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter, Cell Boost iRecharge for iPod Shuffle, DigiPro 5.5×4” Graphics Tablet, Dragonly Love, Live Wire,Tie-Dyed Too, Rodents' Revenge, Random Shirt

mpsorens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpsorens
austin5454 wrote:I drew an outline map of the world, and made it the negative space inside orange and blue dots. Anyone have thoughts?

Looks good.

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/fifteen30/5308344817/][/url]
shirtcompearth by austinsmith5555, on Flickr

madross

quality posts: 6 Private Messages madross

Needs bite on brain and zombie in background.

SkekTek wrote:I am working on this, but don't know if it'll be a good vote getter in the derby. In case you're curious, it's brain food...

Random Crap, LeakFrogs,Screaming Monkey, Monster 7ft USB Cable w/LED Powerflow Indicator, Netgear Super-G Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter, Cell Boost iRecharge for iPod Shuffle, DigiPro 5.5×4” Graphics Tablet, Dragonly Love, Live Wire,Tie-Dyed Too, Rodents' Revenge, Random Shirt

austin5454

mpsorens wrote:

Isn't this orange?

mpsorens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpsorens
austin5454 wrote:Isn't this orange?

It just looked red I changed it.

sTyLeS

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sTyLeS
Andy47240 wrote:Changes to the birds and I changed the top to feel more like billowing clouds rolling in.

Yuppers. That's just right.

austin5454

mpsorens wrote:It just looked red I changed it.

Awesome...had me worried about my eyes for a minute!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Andy47240 wrote:Changes to the birds and I changed the top to feel more like billowing clouds rolling in.

Great job, I really like this one.

strawberryicee

quality posts: 12 Private Messages strawberryicee
zwartepaard wrote:Here's what I've got. I went with red and green.

in case the concept isn't as clear as I'd like it to be, I'd probably call it something like, "Big Head, Little Arms" or "Why T. Rex is NOT a Painter." If it's still not clear, Mr. T. Rex is trying to paint a still life, but his head is too big to let his lil' arms reach the canvas, so he gets mad, throws his paints down, takes the chicken/turkey/duck out of his still life and leaves a trail of painty footprints.

Comments and suggestions are most appreciated! :D

JesseBYAH wrote:When I first saw this, I thought it was really cute but I didn't know exactly what was going on. After I read your description, I loved it even more, but I think the second pane needs to be a little clearer. It looks like he's just ramming his head into to board. If you had his head more upright, with his snout bumping into the board and his arm straining with the brush towards it, I think it would be a lot clearer.

Very cute concept and style, though!

I agree. Perhaps if its head is turned sideways or upwards and it has its arms fully extended trying to reach the canvas...

Did you get your idea from this?

kevlar51

midgerock wrote:like so? *snip*

The first one is what I was talking about.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Great stuff so far guys. I think this is going to be a strong derby! Just want to repeat this in case anyone's missed it...

If you are using Illustrator and intend to do halftones your preview image should show halftones. Your final submitted art should just have gradients, as stated above.

austin5454

updated. Just noticed that the Mediterranean Sea, the Great Lakes and a few others got lost. Probably finished now.

Shirtcompreal by austinsmith5555, on Flickr

JesseBYAH

sTyLeS wrote:I like this idea. Not so fond of the full shirt designs, though.
The design could be smaller, and the frogs bigger. But that's just my opinion.

Agreed- if you did a chest design, with the frogs closer in perspective, I think it would be pretty perfect The design is pretty awesome as it is, but I think a smaller and "closer" design would be even better IMO. You Could add more detail to the froggies, like spots!

Like this

Or smaller dots like this

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming

ok, i think im done with this piece. you guys think these shades of blue and orange will be ok?

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman

UPDATE... I think im done with the dragon and I started on the tiger. This is where I stop for the night. Maybe I can finish it tomorrow before noon.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

JesseBYAH

bsweber wrote:WIP: Little Red Riding Bug

This is amazing and beautiful! But I guess this begs the question of whether the shirt color can be one of the complementary colors or not... has this been answered already? I read through the thread but didn't see anything... or is the other ink color a dark green, meaning that it matches the theme?

Sorry, I'm really not trying to be nit-picky at all, I'm just honestly wondering what the rules really state; it's hard to tell what's allowed and what's not.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
kaseyfleming wrote:ok, i think im done with this piece. you guys think these shades of blue and orange will be ok?

Im getting blue, but im getting yellow not orange.. maybe try pantone 712 or 715. Looks like a light apricot in my pantone book.

incarnate9143

quality posts: 0 Private Messages incarnate9143
Spiritgreen wrote:Well congrats on that. Guess I'm scrapping the last few hours of work then.

Dont scrap, gmv, and plenty of others.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
JesseBYAH wrote:Just in case you haven't heard this at all lately: you're f*ck!ng awesome.

You should probably be told that every time you draw something. You're a master at coloring. And the composition in this is really cool. I love the perspective.

If I could name only one person that subs here that deserves more love, it would be you. Your ratio of talent:wootlove is preposterous.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

theLordsarmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theLordsarmy

This is what I have going for me right now, let me know what you think.

bottlehed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlehed
kaseyfleming wrote:ok, i think im done with this piece. you guys think these shades of blue and orange will be ok?

Personally, I preferred the previous version with the stripes on the clothes, gave it more character...

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

I was low on time tonight and am now feeling mightily zzzzzzzz, despite a number of ideas. But here is one...

"On the fence".

InkWiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InkWiz

Here is a resub of our work from a previous derby. Some feedback on this would be much appreciated.

LrgImg
http://i55.tinypic.com/28rikjb.jpg/

http://threadless.com/submission/323515/Blue_Books_Of_Sorrow

marnelra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marnelra

This is a quick sketch of the idea I am working on. Any feed back would be appreciated.

kevlar51

Here's one of the designs I've been working on:

I've tried it on Brown, Asphalt, Navy and Black. In the end it came down to brown and black but I think black works best to make the ghost pop out.

Feedback is welcome and much appreciated!